It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVERUP AT EPA: Live Public DATA- Negligence or Incompetence?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Can you tel me how to understand this data?
Link to Rad map!

the number seem very high?
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 4447
The number that we've been following is the Beta Gross Count (CPM), so from your post, we can just look at:

Fixed Monitor Location: NM: NAVAJO LAKE
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/22/2011 07:05:10 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/22/2011 08:05:19 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 34

Fixed Monitor Location: CO: COLORADO SPRINGS
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/22/2011 06:20:02 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/22/2011 07:20:09 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 86

WA: SPOKANE
Monitor Information:
Fixed Monitor Location: WA: SPOKANE
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/22/2011 07:53:01 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/22/2011 08:53:09 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 62
And no, those numbers aren't higher than normal for those areas. Again, they recorded numbers in Colorado Springs as high as 679 (compared to 86) 10 days before there was any reactor damage.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If I go to cdxnode64.epa.gov... it says page not found... :-(

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No problems accessing the page at all. It is a little slow though. I'm using Firefox. Have never been to an EPA site before at all.

Some stations, however, must not be reporting. The results for Atlanta came right up no problem, but can't get any data from Birmingham or Montgomery. Interestingly enough when I did a query on Seattle I set the date range from Feb 1 2011 and the measurement then was a CPM of 28 versus today's reading of 17.

Thanks for the link Josh.
edit on 22-3-2011 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

I tried several times to access the data to check on air quality in the gulf. Got an error message and was never able to access it. S&F.

Also, thanks for the Japan radiation monitoring site.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You know what? I want to see all these people who ALLEGEDLY can't get on that site, upload screenshots of you trying to access it it on Firefox and still getting the error. It has to be Firefox or a Mac computer, because apparently IE and Chrome have been unable to access it as well.

So, all of you conspiracy mongers-----put YOUR money up! We who can get on have proven it as requested, so why don't YOU? Prove it's really you by logging in to ATS Video in one tab, where it will show part of your user name on the tab (like it does in the screenshot of mine above) to prove it's actually you and that you're not just trying desperately to make a conspiracy here.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Also, here's some tips on what might being going wrong with your machines:

1) Update Java, Flash, etc. Make sure Firefox has the appropriate plugins for Java and Flash.

2) Update your operating system; if Windows, go to Windows Updates and let it scan for what you need to update.

I have antivirus running, firewall, SpyBot, AdBlock, etc. My security settings aren't low. And I'm running Vista, which of all the OSs should be giving the most problems, and it's not.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
You know what? I want to see all these people who ALLEGEDLY can't get on that site, upload screenshots of you trying to access it it on Firefox and still getting the error. It has to be Firefox or a Mac computer, because apparently IE and Chrome have been unable to access it as well.

So, all of you conspiracy mongers-----put YOUR money up! We who can get on have proven it as requested, so why don't YOU? Prove it's really you by logging in to ATS Video in one tab, where it will show part of your user name on the tab (like it does in the screenshot of mine above) to prove it's actually you and that you're not just trying desperately to make a conspiracy here.

OK. I'm by no means a video editing expert it's my first time and sorry theres no dramatic music to make it a epic video..

Here I use IE 8, FireFox and Google Chrome. In each I click on the link then I click on the map link, then go to ATS.

My Vid

Kinda fun making the video first time I ever did. If it's fail at least I learned how to make one.

I don't belive it's a conspiracy just the web page is busy with everyone trying to access it.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Oklastatefan

Right on!

I noticed you're clicking on the links from the EPA website----have you tried entering the URL to the exact page in? I've never even seen that front page of the EPA site (not saying it's not there, just that I've been accessing it from straight links and not EPA links). Try this direct link and see if it's the same, if you haven't already. Might be an issue with their front page links?

ETA: in FF, also make sure in your Tools/Options/Content that "Load images automatically" and "enable Java" are checked, and in Advanced/Encryption that "Use SSL 3.0" and "Use TLS 1.0" are checked.
edit on 22-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Like I said, people like muzzleflash have been freaking out over specific numbers from the main page,

Why do you have to make it personal? Ok fine than.
Mark my words buddy, you and all of the others downplaying this will eat your own radioactive words.

Anyone with a brain can figure out that Fukushima is out of control, and radioactive pollution is being spread wide and far and is depositing everywhere. No level is safe, any pollution will create lasting effects that will piss off future generations.

Either you are in complete denial, you are ignorant of basic historical precedents, or you are paid to lie about it. Pick your poison.

This is worse than just radiation, like you get in X-rays or from whatever. This is actual highly unstable radioactive particles polluting our Earth.

You can laugh it off all you want, but large areas of Japan are quickly becoming uninhabitable.

It's hard to know if the Nation "Japan" can survive such a catastrophe. While you downplay everything, I am worried about the future of our civilization.

If radiation levels were spiking before this incident, than clearly it is resultant of prior radioactive pollutants that were spread about in the various nuclear incidents that have occurred over the last several decades.

Please people go read nuclear accidents wiki.

Don't listen to me or anyone else. Look at the History of this crap and make your own assessment based on historical facts. You will quickly realize this stuff lasts decades and causes long-term damage to our ecosystem in many ways.

The way the downplay crowd talks, it's like nothing bad is gonna happen. Nuclear fallout isn't a big deal, just go watch your Libya war and calm down. No need to take ANY precautions?? Really?

Common sense is in short supply these days.

It's real easy to hide behind an anonymous avatar when you are endangering people by using distraction tactics and downplaying the potential effects of this disaster...

It doesn't matter what radiation levels were BEFORE this incident. Whatever they were, they will be higher now throughout the Northern Hemisphere due to this pollution.

That guy is actually mostly correct.

You only call me a fear monger because you are afraid of the truth. The truth doesn't scare me because I have learned to accept the reality that humans are destroying our environment at a very fast pace. This is all basic common sense that any layman can figure out on their own despite the media cover up.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Muzzleflash - you make a very interesting observation about measurements.

People are using data comparison from periods and places where nuclear testing and use have been common.

Measurements pre-nuclear age would be so much more useful for a basis of comparison.

What is consider everyday normal might not be a good basis of comparison for what SHOULD be normal.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

It doesn't matter what radiation levels were BEFORE this incident. Whatever they were, they will be higher now throughout the Northern Hemisphere due to this pollution.

That may be true, and I certainly expect it to be, but in order to even start to figure that out, you HAVE to start by collecting the data from the past, before the disaster. You can't just say "it's higher, so we're all gonna die." (No, you didn't say that, I'm embellishing for humor.) It will be higher, but by how much is the question.

THAT is why the past data is so important. If you want to prove that it's higher, you really need to be able to tell us what the average was before the fallout and what it is after. You need to account for solar flares and space-based radiation fluctuations to prove it's Earth-based radiation. Otherwise, it's just you saying "trust me" and isn't that exactly what everyone's criticizing the EPA for saying?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yea I tried using the links in your post and others and it's all the same. All my flash etc. is up to date and my settings are set to low.
If they are limiting connections then it's just certain places, or your just lucky each time you click on the link.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I can get on. I just don't know what I should be looking for. AND... What if the data at that site are fabricated? Not saying this is so - and to all you who jump on any who suggest this, please read that statement again: not saying this is so. Just understanding that it COULD be so. And if it could be so, there is some probability that it IS so. And given all the other efforts to hide and obfuscate true data, I might even give it a 40% chance of being so.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Oklastatefan

I'm wondering how many people have left their connections open. I haven't tried to refresh the main query page since I loaded it last night, I've just been using the Back button to go back to the page and choose a different location, and it always processes my query successfully. So maybe it's an issue where once people get on, they rarely "disconnect" by trying to refresh the query page, so those who still have it open can run a query at any time, and those queries are taking connections away from new visitors?

I'm not sure how their software works, so this might be totally wrong, but it sounds plausible (and I guess, according to a post right before this one, plausible means a 40% chance it's true? LOL)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I did some screen grabs as i too had problems getting into the plotting tool on the epa site...

This was enough to make me leave vegas. I've heard that a baseline reading is around 60(for gross beta cpm); this is unconfirmed and anecdotal, but its 65 right now. If 65 is a proper baseline for Lost Wages than this is not cool at all....

I linked up with a friend in vegas...he was REALLY spooked. infact he got on a plane for Oz yesterday. when I talked to him at 6:30pm pdt he said that the epa beta count was down to 240 Monday afternoon.

the first shot is the report before i went to sleep on Sunday

The second shot is what i woke up to Monday, weird thing about this one is i grabbed this shot around 930am vagas time monday, are the timestamps UTC?

the last one is the screen shot for right now in vegas:

As a sidenote i want to comment on the weather there last weekend. HAZE. There was this uniform grey haze for sat and sun. I've been in a lot of overcast weather including fog and this was different somehow. Usually one can make out the edge of a cloud, this was so uniform, you couldn't really tell where the 'edge' was. Now, i don't know vegas weather for poop so i don't know if that's unusual or not, but my friend said he'd never seen it that way before, hes been there a year and a half, for what its worth.

~BCiSS

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the reports.

So the consensus is: the EPA site is set up so that at least half or more of the average users with a standard browser with default security settings can't get on instantly in an emergency, until we:

1. Lower our security settings and make computer vulnerable
  2. Download, install, configure an entirely new browser
  3. And/or tweak flash, java, etc.

Gee, I'll go email the EPA webmaster right now... I bet they make the site accessible and user-friendly in a jiffy.

Yup, its the user's fault when a website has massive accesibility issues. You shouldn't just be able to surf it if you're an average Joe, Darwin and all.

Still the question remains: incompetence at EPA, or subterfuge?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
An interesting post regarding coverup BS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really think you all should read this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Well, I went to give you the proof by going to my History page from just yesterday (the 3rd time I tried to access the site), and guess what... It was working!

So you must be the guy in charge of making sure this info can be seen, huh?

Well, today is it viewable and yesterday and last week, it was NOT!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BecauseiSaidso

Sigh. You really should have bugged out of Vegas BEFORE the disaster, then.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

ROTFLMAO! I'm loving this presumption that I have the power to do anything but give time-outs and change poopy diapers! Yes, you're right. I am an evil EPA overlord who controls your fate and holds the balance of information in the palm of my hand....mwahahahahaha!
edit on 22-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: Evil EPA overlords must spell correctly

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join