It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVERUP AT EPA: Live Public DATA- Negligence or Incompetence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've been watching the EPA no-registration-needed public live-online radiation monitor data page at Japanese Nuclear Emergency during the crisis.

Over the weekend, as fallout arrived in the United States, it remained- crippled. Today, as I post this, it is still dysfunctional.

The live data feeds are 'broken'; detectors are out of order at many stations; the phrase "No Radiation Levels of Concern Have Reached the United States" is pasted everywhere over and over with no public discussion of data or alternative points of view.

Compare that to the transparency in Japan, where even any foreigner can intantly access real data at MEXT.

The EPA has forced Americans to rely on reports filtered by media and the gov't during this crisis, or to fall back on fledgling private radiation monitoring networks such as Radiation Network and Black Cat Systems.

Personally, I think the EPA's actions are deliberate, and reprehensible.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
lol...remember the simpsons movie....EPA need to stick a dome on japan lol

jokes aside..... the info comming out of japan is censored for a reason, the truth of this disaster would cause additional major concerns...especially the effect when this reaches americas shores. but they do have a duty

i dont think they are liable as i dont think you need anyones additional resources and opinions on this particular matter....we are all educated and we know what 1 meltdown causes...2 ongoing meltdowns...(sheesh...i guess i cant have a child with a jap anymore.)

censoring for diplomacy can happen...if your upset about this, the japanese are being lied to the most...iv heard someone tell the japanese that radiation is actually good for them, and you need 1000 CT scans to match it.....CMON ON NOW...i think its got to the point where you will have to choose your sources for info more carefully
edit on 21-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Originally posted by Chakotay
...the EPA's actions are deliberate, and reprehensible.

Thoughts?

Happened with 9/11... Few complained and there were no consequences to the agency...

Happened with Katrina... Few complained and there were no consequences to the agency...

Happened with Deep Horizon... Few complained and there no consequences to the agency...

Happening now...and there will be no consequences to the agency.

That agency's mission has nothing to do with protecting the citizens of this country. I essentially pretend that it doesn't exist. You should too...

edit on 21-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Exactly the consequences of not prosecuting EPA for the bp disaster. They are just another government whore and some people still trust them while turning a blind eye to very recent history.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So, in your opinion, what do you think the levels of radiation in the US currently are? And do you think most of the plumes could have dispersed over the ocean? You seem to be on to something important, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks for the insight. S&F

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xKhaosXREVolutionXx
So, in your opinion, what do you think the levels of radiation in the US currently are? And do you think most of the plumes could have dispersed over the ocean? You seem to be on to something important, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks for the insight. S&F

one thing is for certain...the radiation isnt going to diffuse into the atmosphere, its just going to sit there, untill it eventually gets to the coast...then yes most definatly the US are going to feel the effects...but you may not know for many years to come...

interesting point: Atomic weapons were first tested high up in the atmosphere, they stopped doing this as they realised that the radiation doesnt go anywhere, it remains potent for a very long time in the atmosphere.
this is why pilots have radiation sensors!!...also this is the most likely reason of the ozone being eaten away.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Go to this site Looking at a range of dates, from 2 weeks before the quake that damaged the reactor, to today, I haven't seen a single instance of a Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM) that's been higher since the accident than typical peaks before the accident.

Honestly, looking at the raw numbers, there really isn't anything to see.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

This webpage is not available The webpage at cdxnode64.epa.gov... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Error 113 (net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH): Unknown error.
reply to post by JoshNorton

Way to prove my point, Josh !!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Working fine for me. I've been using it all day, with many of my results posted here.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

That's because you signed up for a RADNET account or already had one, thus giving away your privacy and personal information-- the point is, the EPA data is not FREELY ACCESSIBLE to everyone, everywhere in this crisis-- it is censored and hiding behind RADNET security.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

No, actually. First time I'd ever visited that site was today, and I didn't sign up for a damned thing. I went to the links that everyone else went to, namely this one, clicked around a bit til I saw a page that said "Map of RADNET Stations" in the left nav bar. Clicked that and it took me to the cdxnode64 page. Clicked from there in the left nav to Query View and that's the link I posted above.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Working fine for me too. Actually, I could have really used this query tool in the past week to prove that OMFG, DENVER ISN'T GLOWING!

Thanks for the neat link! (The "radnet-public" part of the URL is reassuring, too
)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

If there are any particular readings you'd like me to get for you to post here, let me know. Not all of the stations have historical data, but a bunch do.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Working fine for me too. Actually, I could have really used this query tool in the past week to prove that OMFG, DENVER ISN'T GLOWING!

Thanks for the neat link! (The "radnet-public" part of the URL is reassuring, too
)
Cool. Like I said, people like muzzleflash have been freaking out over specific numbers from the main page, but there's no way to put those numbers into context. Using the query page, you can dig back before the accident and see other spikes that go much higher than anything we've seen in the last week. So anything that's blowing through doesn't seem to be causing any problems in the numbers being reported.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Well, yeah, but now we have to wonder what those *other* spikes before the quake were about, LOL!

Seriously, though, I think we might find the proof either way in this data. I'm not denying in any way that fallout is hitting us right now, even if it's miniscule, and I personally don't like any amount of fallout on my family. But whether I need to break into the powdered milk and emergency rations until the majority of it gets washed off/out of the food chain is quite another story, and this data will really help. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Josh, the links don't work.

Everyone who gets on, please post.

And everyone who doesn't, please post.

I've tried using Google Chrome and IE. No joy.

The EPA site is plain user-unfriendly in a time of crisis.

Help me out here, ATS sleuths-- the Emperor's clothes are fail...
edit on 21-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
all i can say is when our armed forces decide it is time to evac something is not good www.cnn.com... from the link

March 21, 2011 8:24 p.m. EDT
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Contingency plans being discussed, defense official says
* Only family members being flown out as of now
* No warships left at base

Washington (CNN) -- The U.S. military is considering the mandatory evacuation of thousands of American troops and their families in Japan out of concern over rising radiation levels, a senior defense official tells CNN.

The official, who did not want to be on the record talking about ongoing deliberations, says there are no discussions to evacuate all U.S. troops across the country. The talks have focused exclusively on U.S. troops in Yokosuka, just south of Tokyo, the official said. Yokosuka is home to America's largest naval base in Japan. The military is monitoring radiation levels on a constant basis.
and the wind is heading where?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

sad to say but as this was taking place , first reports of the nuke troubles, the sites, one by one went down off line or is sporadic.there are on off, on off, line.It does not matter what site you go to so there is something going on. and so it goes cdxnode64.epa.gov... so does it work for you? post a screen shot if it does.

edit on 22-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Here's the result of my query for the Augusta, GA station in the last 2 weeks:

edit on 22-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: img tag

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Here's my screenshot of the interface that gets you to results like those in the post above mine. Also from within the last 5 minutes...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0c00eb9fdd3.jpg[/atsimg]
Note mine is Chrome on a Mac, his is Firefox under Windows, so I don't think it's a browser/platform issue for those who can't reach it.
edit on 2011.3.22 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join