It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rumbling Heard Around The World, Is Earth's Electromagnetic Field Causing Humans To Hear Radio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by budro

I've heard the same sort of sound for about 10 years now and I still can't explain it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Aren't recording devices tuned to hear what Humans hear. So if the EM field is allowing Humans to hear these waves perhaps its the same for the camera.

The human ear drum vibrates when pressure waves of air called sound vibrate it and the nerve impulses travel to the brain and are translated into sound.
An electronic device records sound when sound waves hit a flexible membrane and vibrate a magnet that tranfer it into an electrical impulse that is either recorded digitally or analog.

Both require physical sound waves that can cause matter to vibrate radio waves can not do this nor are they audible to human hearing.

Sound is air pressure waves where as radio is an electromagnetic wave.

edit on 21-3-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Not a rumble but a hum in this video-could it be related? I have no idea-just sharing and throwing stuff out there:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

What's it sound like to you? Most times it sounds like a distant car idle or a big earth drill a far off.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I already posted this video in other threads but compare these two sounds.

This is the video thats been posted on the forums.
www.youtube.com

This video is of gas venting into a mud pit.
www.youtube.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
To the original poster, and everyone else.

Just a theory also, I do not claim to be a scientist.
Aren't radio waves and visible light on the same spectrum? Maybe what were witnessing is something like the bright flash of the sunset; its not that the flash is different or anything, its just an amplification of the waves we've already heard, and because of the different wavelengths it looks like light instead of sounding like radio.

Just an uneducated guess....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
They all sound like a very long train traveling through an area! I live by train tracks and it is the exact same sound as in these videos!
edit on 22-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Its a good point, Perhaps deviations in the EM field are creating the sounds.

ALS

edit on 22-3-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I had an experiance with this same sound months ago,I was outside one night having a smoke and the sound came out of nowhere, i just brushed it off as a jet at first, but when it hung around for ten minutes, i thought something was up! I went in my house to get my girlfriend to come out and listen to it, but by the time we got to the porch it had gone.....Now where i live is north of atlanta; and the closest airport to me is dobbins airforce base but its still a good 30miles from my house, so most fly overs i hear/see are cargo planes with props, this didnt sound like a prop engine!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PanzerDiv

Well I don't think anyone knows whats going on, what we can say for sure though is that something is definatly going on!!

ALS

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by budro

Sorry this took so long...Just figured out the replies function...It sounds almost like a roughly idling semi in the distance only a little deeper...Sometimes it's so loud it's hard to hear normal sounds.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join