It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nooo the penguins!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

A wrecked ship is threatening to cause an environmental disaster on an island which is home to endangered penguins, conservationists have warned. The vessel has grounded on Nightingale Island, part of the Tristan da Cunha UK overseas territory in the South Atlantic, causing an oil slick around the island which is home to nearly half the world's population of northern rockhopper penguins.

Source: hisz.rsoe.hu...

Surprise ? Rated a 3/5 on the damage level scale.. the area has a population of less than 300 people (

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Penguins nooooo
. I swear, if Penguins go extinct, every official regulating environmental control will die!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
sad....

Dang Whales did it again...forced that ship off course....

(sorry)

edit on 21-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Aw sh-, now the penguins are gonna start causing earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
They will probably form an alliance with the dolphins. This is becoming a 3rd world war indeed - Humans vs dolphins, polar bears, and penguins. The polar bears have seized yukon now and are pushing into the Northwest Territories with the dolphins providing sea and air (with their levitating atlantean water-tanks) support. HAARP is also involved.

on a more serious note: This is becoming ridiculous in regards to all these damn oil spills. It's like a child that never learns that doing something one way is worse than the other. I know oil is required, but find a better damn way to transport it.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I always knew The Simpson's got it right...

www.youtube.com...

could only find in German... lol
edit on 21-3-2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Time to choose sides. I for one, am with the penguins. I guess I'll have to buy a tux and some flippers to convince them I am worthy of their penguin like lifestyle. Poor penguins......

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
they say also 90% of whales are gone since the mexico oil leak

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am 47 yrs old and I still laugh out loud at these little guys. When I see a movie or cartoon with dancing penguins, can't stop it.

Happy Feet mad me rewind so many times. Dancing Penguins...love it!

Hope these little guys are gonna be ok and still find a reason to Dance!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by prolific
Penguins nooooo
. I swear, if Penguins go extinct, every official regulating environmental control will die!

I concur.. 'Penguins' have always been me 'Power Animal' ever since i was a wee child

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I can here it now: "Hey, look there's that island with all those endangered penguins on it. Can we take the oil tanker over there to get a closer look."

"OK sure, it may be the last time we get to see them before they go extinct."

It really makes you wonder why those idiots can't learn to steer around the big islands.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

i have long come to the conclusion that these "accidents" are either intentional,
or the inevitable result of the cost-cutting irrationality paradigm that has taken hold of the world

the punishment should be the same anyway, as whether it was intentional or not is irelevant, because the results are the same.

what pisses me off the most is that those responsible will be allowed "to make it right" as usual.

with the cost-cutting irrationality paradigm determining how

join