It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If free energy is possible, why hasn't anyone shown their ideas to the world yet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Free energy. Something which we all think is being suppressed by mainstream science and Governments.
But my question is: If free energy is possible, why hasn't anyone exploited their ideas to the mainstream? Heck, if I made a machine which could produce free energy I'd first patent it with a fancy word then try to sell it to the mainstream - i'll even throw in a couple of free devices for the promotion. In case I fear an assassination attempt of my life, I'd just release my ideas to the media around the whole world and the internet FOR FREE.
I hope you can see my point here - If we can tap into free energy, do you realise that idea could be worth trillions of $$$? I mean, even if the government is suppressing it, you could AT LEAST try to sell it to alternative nations such as North Korea, Iran, Russia - heck they'll happily give their whole country to you.

edit on 21-3-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: nrg

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Because it is much more diffucult than you would think. And people around the world ARE working on fusion at the moment, and progressing.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
They go to jail, die, or are shut up, if they go the typical route, which most seem to try, which is to bring this up.
Some people just use it without saying it, what they should do is secretively spread it out and set up cells all over the world, ready to spring out and teach teenage boys in workshops in garages how to do this in every nation, especially third world. Because the way its done, its like having to reinvent the wheel each time, without sharing what works and the solutions, to certain problems some have.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Maybe "Free" energy is a fraud. I mean energy can't be free because you need a device to generate it right? By many definitions solar and wind is free, just not very effective. Hydrogen can also be free and effective.

Free energy isn't a myth it is all around, but the infrastructure is the problem and the devices to actually get that energy to work are very difficult or expensive to either acquire or use.

Besides, if someone had a brilliant idea for what we can call "cheap" energy that doesn't present logistics or infrastructure challenges that can be used to hold it down I am convinced that you would be held down / held back before the tech was completed and if you didn't cooperate... well lets just say people get killed over 50 bucks, what do you think people will do over a billion?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
They go to jail, die, or are shut up, if they go the typical route, which most seem to try, which is to bring this up.
Some people just use it without saying it, what they should do is secretively spread it out and set up cells all over the world, ready to spring out and teach teenage boys in workshops in garages how to do this in every nation, especially third world. Because the way its done, its like having to reinvent the wheel each time, without sharing what works and the solutions, to certain problems some have.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

You know, before I go to the mainstream I would first demonstrate it to people so they believe it - not just make a youtube video of it (I'm sure theres thousands of them there...).
And besides, oil is running out. Their trying to squeeze out the drop from the bottle anyways. Its a false fantasy they're living in thinking the millions of jobs in that industry will all be ok when it runs out...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Maybe "Free" energy is a fraud. I mean energy can't be free because you need a device to generate it right? By many definitions solar and wind is free, just not very effective. Hydrogen can also be free and effective.

Free energy isn't a myth it is all around, but the infrastructure is the problem and the devices to actually get that energy to work are very difficult or expensive to either acquire or use.

Besides, if someone had a brilliant idea for what we can call "cheap" energy that doesn't present logistics or infrastructure challenges that can be used to hold it down I am convinced that you would be held down / held back before the tech was completed and if you didn't cooperate... well lets just say people get killed over 50 bucks, what do you think people will do over a billion?

I'd hire a private army and give them the free energy devices so they never have to pay electricity bills again. Then lets see who'll try to kill me

Fear is something which must be overcome then. Staying in the dark is only going to make life miserable for both yourself and the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I just hope whoever comes up with a really revolutionary energy source realizes what they have and is not idealistic enough to believe their idea will be immediately welcomed. I hope they are shrewd, cunning, and out to destroy the current status quo.

Millions would be immediately unemployed, billion dollar industries would immediately go belly up, all vehicle manufacturers from consumer to industrial would need to retool everything. It would be chaos for years until things settled down and when they did the world would be a new different place.

This is why many will try to stop you, steal your idea and horde it until it is needed once we finish destroying the world in the name of industry.

Make no mistake: If you truly have free / super cheap energy you need to be prepared for the battle of your life to get it out and everyone from Government to Industry and every evil person between will try to stop you.

Maybe I'm paranoid but just look around and try to find one aspect of your daily life that wouldn't be different with new free energy sources...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Quite simply there is no money to be made with anything with free in the title. Check out thorium energy, a great alternative that would go a long way towards a free energy source, but again no money to be had so it won't happen until there is no other choice.
edit on 21-3-2011 by DrCarter because: Added content

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The same reason most clean energies haven't been mass produced yet. Lets talk about cars for a second. This welder decided he was going to make a machine that can separate hydrogen and oxygen in water and make it burn in a cutting torch. This was amazing and so he got a patent on it. He then decided that this would be awesome money and clean energy to the world. (imagine use with a combustible engine, water powered cars?)

So he took it to the one American company that he'd thought would use it to their advantage. Ford. So after talks Ford agreed to buy the patent and thanked him for being given the great opportunity of this technology.

Now is this was the case then why isn't there Ford water cars all over America? Well because the guy didn't even think that this billion dollar company would buy the patent with intentions of never using it. Stupid right? Here's the reason. First lets say hypothetically that ford currently has 200 dealerships all over the world with 100 cars at each one. Of course all of THESE cars run on gas. So at market value every car that Ford has that is gas powered is worth $400,000,000 dollars at a low estimated $20,000 per car. Putting a "game changer" like our new clean car into circulation would mean for a huge loss for the company. Also Ford can't just ease it into the market with smart pricing because it's still a bunch of wasted money.

Now for FREE ENERGY, the stakes get higher than the "cars that use oil" market. Because they get more money through more people at a monthly rate. If they were to figure out that you can just grab electricity out of the air then it would cause them a huge political problem as well. Even now with Cold Fusion on the brink of commercialization the companies still get to give you power that is billed by usage. Free energy would just mean buying a specialized receiver from a supplier for a one time only price. So Me the big energy company would go bankrupt if I allowed this to happen. So I'll take the idea from Ford to buy the patent and lock it up.

Nikola Tesla almost gave free energy to the world by building a tower for an energy supplier that had the capability for giving free energy to people. (Supposedly this tower could have easily opened up something comparable to blue-tooth now, because the tower was supposedly able to transmit energy frequency and information. Information which would have been a first in history back then.) But as soon as the supplier found out about Tesla's plans, he immediately scrapped the project.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Good question. As far as I can tell, the patents are convoluted to be unrecognizable as far as practicality. The patent office lovingly accepts patents for ropes to carry a beer cooler, an inflatable playtoy for the kids, hot dog bun steamers, etc (and you pay dearly for patents). Stan Meier showed the world you could drive coast to coast using a water based power (from electrolysis) and he used less than 3 gallons of water. Apparently soon after that press release, he "had a heart attack in his car" at his newly funded R&D plaza.
The free energy thing was developed and proposed by Nikola Tesla which would have created a DC power grid, free to the public (with towers and recievers). In competition with Tesla was Thomas Edison with his AC ideas. Since Tesla wanted the world to have free power, JP Morgan halted all of his research funding (and was probably behind Teslas death and missing documents) and invested in Edison as it was a highly profitable business.
If you want patent and energy ideas, the best site I found is www.rexresearch.com TONS of valuable info there.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrCarter
Quite simply there is no money to be made with anything with free in the title.

You are right there...hmmm. I see now why people might be against it. Hundreds of millions of jobs could be at stake should such a device be unveiled.
-No more Electrical Companies
-No more oil companies
-No more renewable energy companies

Maybe we're not ready yet?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just a couple of things to say here..

1. Oil is not running out. Even the U.S. has found massive reserves in recent years that hold more than most of the middle east. The same is also true for Australia where many Oil reserves were rated and capped way back early last ceentury by people working for BP.. with more than enough to keep us self-sufficient for many hundreds of years at our present rate of usage.

2. While president of a small research group until about 10 years ago I knew of many people working on this energy problem.. sure quite a few were fakes or people who just didn't have what it takes to get something working.. but those who were onto something good were all "visited" and given nice ultimatums to not go ahead with their work. It was very convincing to them so many shelved their projects in order to insure their families safety.

The same thing applied to those working on fuel cells for cars where those who had success were visited and told not to sell their products as it was Illegal to do so and came with heavy repercussions.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Just elaborating on this message he had the currents backwards. Tesla was AC and edison was DC and tesla actually won that battle because cities are now all powered with AC. If edison won then we would have never commercialized AC.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Nikola Tesla thought it was really simple just as you do. Look where it got him..
First it would take a lot of money to come up with a working physical prototype, materials, testing, shipping, building, patents, all cost money.

Even if you get that far, you think the energy companies of the planet will just said, "Ok, pack it up, let's go home, we did our job."? Hah!

Keep looking though, i've seen a hand full of interesting devices over the years around the web.
Free energy will only be publicly possible when it's done for the sake of humanity and not monetary value.
In human terms, that means, never.

edit on 3/21/2011 by jaden_x because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Free energy. Something which we all think is being suppressed by mainstream science and Governments.
But my question is: If free energy is possible, why hasn't anyone exploited their ideas to the mainstream? Heck, if I made a machine which could produce free energy I'd first patent it with a fancy word then try to sell it to the mainstream - i'll even throw in a couple of free devices for the promotion. In case I fear an assassination attempt of my life, I'd just release my ideas to the media around the whole world and the internet FOR FREE.

edit on 21-3-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: nrg

But see that's the thing... many inventors of free energy are halted at the patenting process, where they are held up until death or paid off to keep the idea secret.

To advertise the invention is possible but media has been sabotaged.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to get good ideas heard by mainstream, public opinion. If you listen to the radio, you would think that there are no good musicians anymore, but that couldn't be further from the truth. And since math and science (in America particularly, where internet/media is most popular) has fallen hard in recent times, people do not take an active interest in finding free energy inventors until it's too late...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cataclysmo

Just elaborating on this message he had the currents backwards. Tesla was AC and edison was DC and tesla actually won that battle because cities are now all powered with AC. If edison won then we would have never commercialized AC.

Yeah the whole Current Wars is jumpy all over the board. Edison worked DC and while Tesla was working under him, he figured out AC. A guy named Westinghouse helped develop the so named company and Edison also was instrumental in creating General Electric and the Edison electric empire, along with the light bulbs to go with it. Tesla had also been working on his DC energy towers as noted in the link. It's a tricky business even back in the beginnings

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

go back to class

The free energy thing was developed and proposed by Nikola Tesla which would have created a DC power grid, free to the public (with towers and recievers). In competition with Tesla was Thomas Edison with his AC ideas. Since Tesla wanted the world to have free power, JP Morgan halted all of his research funding (and was probably behind Teslas death and missing documents) and invested in Edison as it was a highly profitable business.

is what you said
you got it backwards Edison was the D/C dolt Tesla was the inventor of A/C current. and developed it along with funding from Westinghouse.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thomas Edison wanted to build D/C power plants but since D/C drops off at long distances they would have to be about 200 yards from your home... and batteries in your home.
Tesla developed wireless A/C and was attempting as mentioned before to give it to the world. He drove a car powered by his Tesla Generator that seemed to never run out of juice.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I believe cold fusion is coming, I do believe a few are on the right track and are working to verify ... there's a lot of money to be made if they succeed, but if they fail it can literally RUIN your career.. just ask Martin Fleischmann

There are quite a few scientists who are following up his work and succeeding to a small degree, Martin himself saw some of this work and said he wishes he would have patented the process, now he's old and suffers from Parkinsons .. retired

I would think within the next few years it will be accepted.. I believe the US Navy has already confirmed his experiments since then..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join