It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else really wants an IPHONE or DROID APP for ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hello ATS members!

I love my new smart phone and I am amazed at how connected I am to mainstream media. But I have reached a point where I check ATS more then those sites. The ATS site is really hard to navigate on a smart phone browser. Anyone else looking for an APP they can obsessively check while not on the computer? Maybe if enough people flag it they will start working on it. PEACE.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Irony: Opening a fourm discussing SmartPhones that say they are giving you cancer, and posting how you agree.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We could use an "app"'for sure. Something geared up for smart phones that doesn't require reading 3 pt. Mouse type. Heck I'd even offer help developing it. Great idea.
(note there is a twitter app but a dedicated app would rock)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

I have an Iphone 4 and it works great with ATS. I have no complaints. I recall other members on here saying they wished that smarthpones worked with the chat function. I don't use the chat on ATS but it sure is convenient to have all the updates a touch away on my phone. What model of phone do you have OP? If you have never used an Iphone for browsing perhaps you can give it a try next time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

Do you know how useful that would be if we had a ATS App,that would be grreeaat

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
An ATS App would be handy, Android preferably.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by ProfATS

I have an Iphone 4 and it works great with ATS. I have no complaints. I recall other members on here saying they wished that smarthpones worked with the chat function. I don't use the chat on ATS but it sure is convenient to have all the updates a touch away on my phone. What model of phone do you have OP? If you have never used an Iphone for browsing perhaps you can give it a try next time. [/quote

Your ok with reading 3point type on your iPhone? Proper UI would lend itself to realistic font size.
Reading ATS is extreme hard in it's current context. (I do this for a living) thx.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They have one for the iPhone but it's just ATS Live

I'd like to see an ATS collaborative library / wiki .. the wikipedia of fringe topics

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I agree! ATS live has an app, but I don't listen to ATS live. I am a reader! I really hate navigating the forums on my iPhone, it is sooo hard to read. I use an RSS reader to browse the newest topics, but it only gives me the first few sentences. If I want to read the whole article, I have to click "more" and then navigate the ATS site in Safari and it is very unwieldy.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Your ok with reading 3point type on your iPhone? Proper UI would lend itself to realistic font size. Reading ATS is extreme hard in it's current context. (I do this for a living) thx.

LOL sorry I don't even know what 3point type is. I have tried many other brands of smartphone and none of them functioned as good as the Iphone for web browsing and streaming. I guess I am one of the few people who are not bothered by the small writing ( I have great eye sight).

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
while we are all waiting for the official ATS app

you can download this one: Mr Mask Comic NEW FREE Ipad App

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I got a Droid X around Christmas, and I thought for sure there had been talk about an ATS app. I looked and all I found was an ATS Live app. That's nice and all , but it seems a regular ATS app would have been 1st...... anyway, I would also enjoy it , and even pay for it, but It's gotta be for android.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by ProfATS

I have an Iphone 4 and it works great with ATS. I have no complaints. I recall other members on here saying they wished that smarthpones worked with the chat function. I don't use the chat on ATS but it sure is convenient to have all the updates a touch away on my phone. What model of phone do you have OP? If you have never used an Iphone for browsing perhaps you can give it a try next time.

I have a Droid 2. I get what you are saying and I can get on the site myself to look at it in a browser. But APPS are awesome and they are not too hard to make. I have even made a couple with a free program. I am just surprised that the people that run ATS have not shot us into the future. We need to compete with mass media in all aspects. I could help them if they need help. Heck, I bet there are enough smart folks on ATS with programming experience to make it happen. I think it would be great to press a button on my phone and see what is going on at ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
ATS is a complex site, and to make an App for android, ios or both would be a huge project... considering ATS is one of the most unique forums on the web and has many features/areas on the site that would require a tonne of work for each section. The sections for a site like this are pretty much endless:

Categories
Search (powered by google would cause some problems)
myATS
New and Top Topics
Chat

Including all the coding required for the UI(user-interface, which will vary between sections), sub-features for each section and many more things to hinder the process.

I would love an ATS app, even if it was simply forum view only although a full blown ATS App for both Andoid and iOS would just be ... well, EPIC!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Would love a Droid App from ATS
Pretty please someone

top topics

join