It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrating food with Urine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Who's Hungry ??

pretty interesting but doesnt sound too apatising

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Thats discusting! they say that the germs are filtered out,
but what about the 'flavour'? Blah. Gonna be salty....

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It actually sounds like a good idea. If it was out of necessity I'd go through with it, but only if I prepared my own food

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Urine is sterile, but you'd be hard pressed to find a soldier who'd want to use filtered urine to hydrate his food instead of some regular potable water. Lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Urine is sterile, but you'd be hard pressed to find a soldier who'd want to use filtered urine to hydrate his food instead of some regular potable water. Lol.

Tell that to the Canadian Soldiers is WW2 who soaked cloth with Urine to filter out mustard gas. This is a great idea, but its not really new since I believe the ISS uses a similiar waste recycling process.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
LOL !

That what we call pi$$ing on your chips in england!

LOL! [)

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Tell that to the Canadian Soldiers is WW2 who soaked cloth with Urine to filter out mustard gas. This is a great idea, but its not really new since I believe the ISS uses a similiar waste recycling process.

Lol granted yes I'm sure a soldier would prefer some piss on their face insted of mustard gas in the lungs. Things kinda fall into perspective in life-or-death situations.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If you guys didn't know, making and drinking urine water is a standard thing in any desert survival training.
Soldiers learn how to do it and have no problem drinking it when they are out of water. Urine condensation water is as pure as spring water. And its essential for desert survival.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Its positively revolting, nauseating, super sickening, eww, ghastly. In plain words, simply gross.

......but I guess if for survival.......

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What you drink or use is just pure clean condenced water. No bad smell, no differnet taste then bottled or spring water, nothing wrong with it.

Heat evaporates the H2O, it gets condenced, drips into a pot and you drink whats in the pot. The only polutant in the water is whatever you left in the pot.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dutchie
Who's Hungry ??

pretty interesting but doesnt sound too apatising

www.news.com.au...

That's gotta be a piss-take.

Maybe they can take this into the commercial field: Piss Noodle

[edit on 22-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That was in WW1, not 2.

Two years ago, their men and women came up with an "indestructible sandwich" that could stay fresh for three years.

Ingredients: Ham, Bread, Dyhexidrelatinated Hypotriaxin, Cement, Hydromecanoblahin.

new topics

top topics

join