It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am reality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And so are you.

"Reality" is a very interesting topic. We all have it. We possess it while we live and perhaps lose it when we die. Reality is something that we have a relationship with. It is as much a part of us, as we are a part of it. In many ways, it only exists because we exist to observe it.

What happens when we die? This physical reality collapses. It no longer becomes as relevant as it is right now.

As a part of this "Reality" and a very sincere and genuinely curious primate amongst many other evolved and evolving primates, I have to recognize the relationship between my own personal subjective view point within this system; and how anything that has consciousness and awareness also has a subjective and personal view point with this system

If I search my own experiences, my own memories and my self. There is no doubt that I see more then just physical reality. There is also a conscious reality of which I come from. A central singularity of my self that simply is entangled with the same objective and detailed world you also come to see right now.

Although mortal and finite, capable of dying before the day is over. I realize that my reality is but a mere snapshot of a much larger and more enveloping system representing an astronomical reality system. How interesting?

The idea of myself, and the idea of something else. A bigger picture.

Having reality at my fingertips, I can only say it is far greater then a single moment frozen in time. It is more then just my breath, and that life which the breath gives me. It is everything, flowing and ebbing through endless patterns and forms. An expression of ideas, thoughts and experiences woven into a fabric of mortal consciousness.

What then is "Reality"? Is it me? Is it you? Is it everything?

I argue that reality is each of us, subjectively observing itself and knowing it exists, at least... in some form.

So I recognize your reality and respect what you go through to be a part of it. May all it's secrets be known.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have a strong belief that reality is our own perception of existence.Therefore it may greatly differ from person to person.Take a crazy man for example do you think he believes that his perception of reality is wrong?Even though it differs from a sane man's perception of it? Only morals driven by human emotions define it.Who are we to judge??

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes, I am reality too, and I am coming for YOU!!!

Have an image:

Thanks for the thread, IAmDreaming.

After tumbling through all kinds of rabbit holes, R.A.Wilsonian realizations and Eastern voids and Western clashes of intense objective and subjective polarities, I can only conclude that this life is greater and more fun than I previously imagined.

Good on You!

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Reality is what we make it....
It may not be all that it appears to be...
As each one of us perceives it to be as we choose...
it loops back into it's self...infinitely lemniscate, a ribbon in time
Without end.

Thanks for posting this makes one think...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Very nice thread, Dream!

I gave you a star.

To me, any world which you are able to interact with, is worthy of being called a "reality". Even so, if the world allows you to make use of your senses.

To end my reply, I'm gonna give you a link to a fantastic article by Scientific American.
The Elusive Theory of Everything

edit on 21-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by Jepic because: I wanted to improve my comment.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
I have a strong belief that reality is our own perception of existence.Therefore it may greatly differ from person to person.Take a crazy man for example do you think he believes that his perception of reality is wrong?Even though it differs from a sane man's perception of it? Only morals driven by human emotions define it.Who are we to judge??

There is that subjective paradox that each of us have with the experience of reality. Our unique awareness gives us an ability to not only experience it, but strive to understand it along with our relationship with reality.

What I want to share here is something very subjective and personal about myself. This is actually deep and personal but important to share as it's simply an extension of my own self. Before ATS, and before this lifetime I know I existed.

It's not a belief that I have, rather a simple acknowledgment based on my subjective experiences. It's certainly deep in that it has taught me a lot about the "self" and how the "self" experiences existence in this micro mortal lifetimes that it has.

Knowing this and experiencing this simply brings a greater knowledge that "reality" and the "self" that experiences it are relative and not superficial. They are interconnected systems. Not that I mean to bring this topic up, but it's very real to me. Something I like to reflect on in understanding my current life and how I experience existence with this perspective.

When you look closely at reality, and see yourself as a part of it. A part of reality reflects back; and that is who you are.

It's deep, but we are all that self experiencing reality in such profoundly subjective way. If we are interconnected or separate, I do not know? Having my last lifetime segue into this one allows me to consider more broader concepts.

We exist in a most excellent way.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Yes, I am reality too, and I am coming for YOU!!!

Ducking for cover. That fractal is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

What can I really say other then I like recognizing our individuality as human participants in this great existence of ours.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Without end.

As does your post. Finite and infinite... which best describes you?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think reality is the product of observation and that i am the observer which has no name.

I then think that reality exist as a reflection of the subconscious mind(all) onto the face plane of the universe which then reflects itself back into the mind as an understandable experience.

Then i think that reality creates itself through the subconscious negotiation of the mind to the universe dependent upon the experience of the universe thus changing and evolving the universe dependent upon experience.

Does that make sense?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Without end.

As does your post. Finite and infinite... which best describes you?

Can one describe a dream? (it will be different depending on who experiences it)...there is no answer as perception in the "now" comes into play.
Describe the wind, or the air...neither can truly be seen...but they are felt...and their influence (intent) are
made known...that is their reality...

I am both finite and infinite...I am.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Nice post.

No perceiver.
Nothing to perceive.
Just perceiving.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am a turtle...............................

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

Your actually a pig, but to yourself, you look like a turtle.

Your welcome.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude

Perhaps it's the self professed "sane" who have blinders on, prohibiting them from approaching reality as it really and truly is, making them insane therefore, by inference - whereas the one who is called "insane" (outside the "norm"), by testing reality, and his own perception of it in search of a higher truth or goodness, from which subject and object arise in a meaningful way - is actually in the process of becoming sane, while revealing to his fellow man, the abnormalcy and utter absurdity of that man's inauthenticity, generated by a dialectic which mistakes his own differentiation for the real reality.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You are so right. When the chains of the conditioned mind are dropped, (the training you have received all your life) you are not going to be seen by others as 'normal'. Seeing the truth sets you free from the box. You can be.
I think when the truth is seen, it is like psychosis. So if you are not careful they could lock you up and call you mad.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

There is no sane or insane in reality.Just the perception of a beings current state of existence.In the "sane/insane"metaphor nothing is wrong or right and only the perceiver has the right to judge for only he manifests reality.Only his thoughts and senses matter to the deduction of reality for thats all he has to define it.There are no wrong answers.

One mans horrors are another's bliss.....literally.
edit on 22-3-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yeah and your a w*****,

this is reality.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Slipdig1 because: cos I shouldn't swear.

top topics

join