It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a health opinion from you over-50s.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am 51, and about a month-to-two ago, from --suddenly-- out of nowhere without warning, the top of my feet and lower ankles became extremely swollen, red, and tender/painful. I went on the internet, and saw all kinds of worst case scenarios for this. I had this intuitive 'knowing' suddenly, which said, "Eliminate sugar. Never eat it again, if you can help it." I immediately adopted this, and it has helped --alot-- . But not totally, I still get these flare ups, they are not as bad, as often. I'm afraid to go to a doctor, I know how they are educated, only to treat symptoms. I researched about gout, but I rarely-to-never, eat rd meat or shell fish.
Does anyone know of natural homeopathic remedies that might work for these symptoms?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Go to the Doctor!! It could be edema, could be a heart problem , could be ?????
edit on 21-3-2011 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Could be anything.. I wouldn't ask advice on the internet..Go see a doctor. This could be something serious such as rheumatoid arthritis, Or possibly even worse..

Go get checked out..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the term 'edema'. I went in google and came up with interesting stuff.
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

It used to be called 'dropsy'. Sounds like something my Grandma would say. Lots of causes, including physical innactivity and pregnancy. I --have-- become innactive for a very long time. Otherwise, everything else about it sounds scary. I didn't want an answer that would scare me. (Denial) I see one reason is high altitude. I'm often at a high altitude in my head. (Outer space planet-X & Ufo stuff.....) But I guess that probably don't count.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Lack of exercise is often the cause ie., sitting for long periods like when flying - but also a sign that the heart isn't pumping efficiently - get out of you denial and go see the Doctor. Simple pill can put it right but don't ignore it - you are at a classic age for these kinds of problems.

The graveyard is full of people who were in denial and worrying about it just won't help - SEE THE DOC.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yup, I hear all of you about the innevitable doctor visit. I have a theory, I'd like to bounce it off of you all, see what you think. My theory is that lots of body fat is ---behind--- a MYRIAD of evils, maybe ones you wouldn't even relate. Before I got into the height of menopause, at age 43, I weighed under 108lbs in my 30's, and in early '40's, was never over 130lbs. After age 44, the weight kept and kept on the attack, and I eat much less food than I ever did, since I was a little kid. After age 48, I just stay at --near-- 200, at 5'1". Like I said, I "eat like a bird". (Compared to my amounts before.) I have this Conspiracy Theory, that if SOMEHOW, I could get all this monsterous sh** off of me, it would help a great deal. What say you all?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
52 yr old here. It certainly sounds like edema, but that can have many causes. Mine is usually caused by too much salt, not sugar...as salt helps to make you retain water - hence the swelling.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Do you have a doctor that you see, have seen, for it? I wonder what your medical people have told you about it, anything would be of interest to me, from someone who has that. And see, I just don't feel sick otherwise, too.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Please see a doctor. Have this looked at. Let them do bloodwork.
Don't be afraid. This could make a drastic difference in your longevity.
Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
As has been stated...Go to a doctor.

Find out what is causing your problem.

That does not mean you have to accept the medication he/she suggests.

Do research into natural remedies and possibly you can use them.

It is very hard to treat a condition if you don't know what you have.

No need to be afraid of a doctor. He/she will not force you to take their treatment but you will be given options on what yo
u can do.

new topics

top topics

join