It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


I need a health opinion from you over-50s.

page: 1

log in


posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
I am 51, and about a month-to-two ago, from --suddenly-- out of nowhere without warning, the top of my feet and lower ankles became extremely swollen, red, and tender/painful. I went on the internet, and saw all kinds of worst case scenarios for this. I had this intuitive 'knowing' suddenly, which said, "Eliminate sugar. Never eat it again, if you can help it." I immediately adopted this, and it has helped --alot-- . But not totally, I still get these flare ups, they are not as bad, as often. I'm afraid to go to a doctor, I know how they are educated, only to treat symptoms. I researched about gout, but I rarely-to-never, eat rd meat or shell fish.
Does anyone know of natural homeopathic remedies that might work for these symptoms?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
reply to post by simone50m

Go to the Doctor!! It could be edema, could be a heart problem , could be ?????
edit on 21-3-2011 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
Could be anything.. I wouldn't ask advice on the internet..Go see a doctor. This could be something serious such as rheumatoid arthritis, Or possibly even worse..

Go get checked out..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
Thanks for the term 'edema'. I went in google and came up with interesting stuff.

It used to be called 'dropsy'. Sounds like something my Grandma would say. Lots of causes, including physical innactivity and pregnancy. I --have-- become innactive for a very long time. Otherwise, everything else about it sounds scary. I didn't want an answer that would scare me. (Denial) I see one reason is high altitude. I'm often at a high altitude in my head. (Outer space planet-X & Ufo stuff.....) But I guess that probably don't count.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
Lack of exercise is often the cause ie., sitting for long periods like when flying - but also a sign that the heart isn't pumping efficiently - get out of you denial and go see the Doctor. Simple pill can put it right but don't ignore it - you are at a classic age for these kinds of problems.

The graveyard is full of people who were in denial and worrying about it just won't help - SEE THE DOC.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
Yup, I hear all of you about the innevitable doctor visit. I have a theory, I'd like to bounce it off of you all, see what you think. My theory is that lots of body fat is ---behind--- a MYRIAD of evils, maybe ones you wouldn't even relate. Before I got into the height of menopause, at age 43, I weighed under 108lbs in my 30's, and in early '40's, was never over 130lbs. After age 44, the weight kept and kept on the attack, and I eat much less food than I ever did, since I was a little kid. After age 48, I just stay at --near-- 200, at 5'1". Like I said, I "eat like a bird". (Compared to my amounts before.) I have this Conspiracy Theory, that if SOMEHOW, I could get all this monsterous sh** off of me, it would help a great deal. What say you all?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
52 yr old here. It certainly sounds like edema, but that can have many causes. Mine is usually caused by too much salt, not salt helps to make you retain water - hence the swelling.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Do you have a doctor that you see, have seen, for it? I wonder what your medical people have told you about it, anything would be of interest to me, from someone who has that. And see, I just don't feel sick otherwise, too.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:08 PM
Please see a doctor. Have this looked at. Let them do bloodwork.
Don't be afraid. This could make a drastic difference in your longevity.
Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:17 AM
As has been stated...Go to a doctor.

Find out what is causing your problem.

That does not mean you have to accept the medication he/she suggests.

Do research into natural remedies and possibly you can use them.

It is very hard to treat a condition if you don't know what you have.

No need to be afraid of a doctor. He/she will not force you to take their treatment but you will be given options on what yo
u can do.

new topics

top topics


log in