It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunken Continent of the Tamil

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Well I did not bring religion into it at all and I'm kind of confused as to its relevance. That said, you described me correctly. And while I will not speak of things I do not fully know to a level I am happy with, I do believe that all religions are linked to some degree with biblical truth. After all, all the religions of the world can be reduced to 4 basic groups: Godless Eastern religions, indo-european pantheon, Abrahamic faiths, and African animialism tradition.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
reply to post by hp1229

Hey that's super.
For one thing, it's not my time line, it's whomever publishes it (and there are a lot of vedic scholars who seem to agree on similar time lines. not majoring in it in school, I wouldn't really know for sure.)
Secondly, it's not my story. I've read several different versions of it, obviously depending on the translation, the story comes in various flavors. (my favorite version is the one by William Buck, just in case anyone cares)
Third, I never mentioned any "ancients" or whatever the hell you're talking about. I only related the story of Ravana's immortality because it was relevant to the overall story (it's a major plot point in the Ramayana, just in case anyone cares.)
Fourth, I don't even understand what you're attempting to argue.

Hey that's fine.
Its a discussion forum. We are only discussing. I dont know whatever the hell you're talking about either

Hey I am not attempting to argue but disagree and possibly discuss if you think thats what we do on this website (discuss and post information). What do you think? Is it worth discussing further or you think that further discussion with you will mean that I am argueing with you?
or that I am personally accusing you even though I know you didnt come up with the facts but someone else did?

edit on 23-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leemo
Can anyone tell me what S&F means? Lol I'm new to this website hahaha

hi!

s+f means, star and flag.

those little blue stars you see are given, at least by me, to posts that i like.

the flag is given, by me, same way.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
Originally posted by Mercurio

By claiming a link between Tamil, the Japanese can gloss over the genocide they are in the process of committing against the Ainu.

hahaha...not just claiming link but also by promoting Rajnikanth movie in Japan

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Tamil researchers seem to have discovered that their language went through a De-Evolution rather than an Evolution. They refer to the language as it was thousands of years ago to the "golden age" of their language. This would seem to confirm the idea of an advanced civilization in pre-history.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63357150c7aa.png[/atsimg]

Sorry if this has been touched on previous but this writing looks earily similar to that of the Voynich manuscript. I wonder if the langauge used in the voynich is a dirivitive of the tamil language

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
From what I have read on this subject I must ay this is highly plausible. Inundation maps prove that there was much land lost at the end of the last Ice age. As another poster already stated, humans have been around for 200,000 years, that to me seems like plenty of time for civilization as we know to form and then be destroyed, by war, cataclysm etc. To think that humans were just hunter gatherers for the last 180,000 or so years is just blind adherence to the status quo which mainstream science has forced down our throats.

The evidence is there in ancient Tamil texts as well as countless others from around the globe that civilization has risen many times, even to advanced technological status, and then either been destroyed by floods or some other great disaster. The only real evidence we have is in the ancient texts due to the fact that buildings and structures that are say 100,000 years old would be unrecognizable due to weathering, erosion and many other processes. Not to mention the destructive forces which wiped them out. Our human history is much older than scholars admit. And until we recognize that, we are much more likely to repeat the same mistakes our ancient brothers and sisters made.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
From what I have read on this subject I must ay this is highly plausible. Inundation maps prove that there was much land lost at the end of the last Ice age. As another poster already stated, humans have been around for 200,000 years, that to me seems like plenty of time for civilization as we know to form and then be destroyed, by war, cataclysm etc. To think that humans were just hunter gatherers for the last 180,000 or so years is just blind adherence to the status quo which mainstream science has forced down our throats.

The evidence is there in ancient Tamil texts as well as countless others from around the globe that civilization has risen many times, even to advanced technological status, and then either been destroyed by floods or some other great disaster. The only real evidence we have is in the ancient texts due to the fact that buildings and structures that are say 100,000 years old would be unrecognizable due to weathering, erosion and many other processes. Not to mention the destructive forces which wiped them out. Our human history is much older than scholars admit. And until we recognize that, we are much more likely to repeat the same mistakes our ancient brothers and sisters made.

I agree. Humans were more than hunter gatherers well before the last 20000 years.

When you indicate evidence in ancient texts, how old are the texts themselves and written by who ? Also what exactly is the evidence within the books? I hardly see any structure on the land older than few thousand years old which is man made in India. Eventhough there were several monuments that were destroyed by several kingdoms that ruled the India Subcontinent, It is hard to believe that there is not a single monument or structure dating back anything older than 10000 years old (from what I have searched so far for my own knowledge).

I still question the books written with somewhat distorted facts and history. This is a common practice in every religion and civilization. To appeal the readers interest and to create the enthusiasm and curiosity towards a particular belief system, the facts are often distorted big time. I am not denying that ancient civilizations didnt exist. I just dont believe yet that they existed along the timeframe that some postings suggest. I also find it hard to believe about the Tamil Continent existing and sinking due to rise in sea levels. Perhaps a underwater expedition is needed to proove the existence of such civilizations all the way from Srilanka to the Galapagos and towards Australia. A massive undertaking but selected spots can be verified with modern technology before the submersibles can be sent to the deepest of the oceans in the questionable area. Until then, it is hard to conclude and believe what several textbooks with different writers twisting and distorting the facts suggests.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hello all im new here but i saw something recently about ancient civilization i would like to share and cannot make a thread yet. Forgive me if this is off topic just wanted to see what everyone thought. Scientists think they found Atlantis off of Spain heres a link
www.msnbc.msn.com...

What do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
Hello all im new here but i saw something recently about ancient civilization i would like to share and cannot make a thread yet. Forgive me if this is off topic just wanted to see what everyone thought. Scientists think they found Atlantis off of Spain heres a link
www.msnbc.msn.com...

What do you guys think?

I have the show regaurding there finding on DVR. I started to watch it but fell asleep right when it got interesting
They made many of good points backed by evidence. I'm going to finish it tonight i'll let you know..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
www.msnbc.msn.com...

What do you guys think?

Here you go.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Awesome!! Yes please let me know if it's any good.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JakeLeMaster

Thank you very much i tried searching for one and couldn't find one.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
From reviewing the evidence of this subject from different sides, yes Humanity origins are in the East. The Aryan invasion theory does not hold up either, they did not invade they where always there in their homeland of Maha Brahat.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I speak of the Vedas which werent believed to be written down until 3100 B.C. However it is believed among many Indian scholars that the Vedas were in existence for countless centuries before that date, preserved in Oral history. The Vedas speak of a land to the south of present day India where the first Sangham existed which was destroyed by a great deluge, thus destroying the Vedas. The survivng Rishis or sages then migrated to the north, more specifically the Himilayas and re-introduced the Vedas to civilization from memory.

Now I dont believe it was a whole giant continent that was swallowed by the sea but more likely fairly large coastal tracts of land where these people had founded their cities. Scholars have yet to provide a compelling origin for the Indian people, the whole Aryan Invasion theory does not hold much wieght. I suggest you check out Underworld by Graham Hancock, if you havent already, he goes into great detail on the Indian peoples and their mythologies and history.
edit on 23-3-2011 by TheIrishJihad because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by TheIrishJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

Megafauna and International Travel

This white paper came up during a collaboration for high school curriculum. It suggests and makes a good case for the fact that megafauna and humans existed together. This would more than support the case for travel without water craft inventions in the civilization.

Well done OP... work of art this thread is and such compelling research.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Scientists and researchers can be so stupid and ignorant at times. These people hate religion so much that they will do anything to prove that the bible is complete fabrication. There is no land or was there ever land where history channel is trying to show. They dont want to show you Sundaland or the sunken land around Florida because they will have to admit the earth flooded around 15-8000 years ago.

I think about all those morons who call themselves researchers or scientist yet they spend all there time looking aound the truth cause they dont want to believe it so they invent something else knowing full well they will have a large band of pseudo-intellects regurgitating their ignorance

Over time Ive learned and noticed that thats the sad state of many "Academics". They dont get that just because they acknowledge the biblical flood does not mean they have to be religious.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK
[
Sorry if this has been touched on previous but this writing looks earily similar to that of the Voynich manuscript. I wonder if the langauge used in the voynich is a dirivitive of the tamil language

I secretly thought of the Voynich script while posting this. The swirls and twirls reminded me of it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Hi Skyfloating!

You are having some misconceptions about the Tamil People, their culture in general.

1st. Tamil nationalistic pride is rabid! they even went to the extent that humans evolved from Tamil Nadu or wherever they came from (which is mostly a down ward migration from the northern parts of the indian sub continent) and even coined a genus "Homo Dravida". Actually "Homo Dravida" was proposed by Edgar Thurston who was trying to link up the Aborigines of the south east Asia and Australasia.

2nd. The only mention of Kumarikandam is in the Silappadikaram and a few sangam literatures.. The interests are purely based on the ruckus created by the Tamil Nationlists. With no clear cut evidence.

3rd. Your statement of Ancient Tamil Literature mentioning Flying Chariot is dubious. Which Literature??? Could you care to give a link, so i can read about it? I have not come across such a literature at all and i am curious.
Showing a pic of a temple carving of a chariot with a horse with a foot up does not sum up to be that it is in the air or its flying.

4th. Where in the world did you come up with the gem that "Tamil Nadu is the home of Jaimsim."?? Tamil Nadu does indeed have Jains from 1st century BCE, BUT it is NOT the HOME or ORIGIN of Jainism. Historians date the foundation of organized Jainism to sometime between the 9th and the 6th centuries BCE. The first Tirthankar
of jainism is Rishaba who was from Ayodhya, which is a city which still exists in Uttar Pradesh, in North India.

5th. Geological Evidence does say that the Adam's Brdge is a former land connection. It also says that this land connection is of natural origins.

6th. The so called Discovery of Dwaraka off the Coast of Gujarat is still under debate since NIOS did dregding to bring up the so called artifacts some of which were found to be of natural origins. But, why link tamil nadu to Dwaraka? Both are of different civilizations/culture in the myths.

Addendum to the post after reading the later posts...

Tamil is actually spelled "TA-Mizh" the izh part sounding like the -age part of Mirage!

And the Post by the_spark does indeed give indications of Tamil Nationalism. Nationalism, of any kind , in moderate doses is good for the morale of the people, but when it gets over the limit, it goes rabid the way, the Tamil Nationalism has gone.

As i read in a post down the thread, Kumara/Kumari is of course of Sanskrit origin and please note that Tamil is a "Dravidian" language. But there is no pure language, all languages are bastardized languages - a mix of languages.

Quoting History channel ..is akin to saying Mickey Mouse is a real person...lol!

Would like to hear more from you.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Nice informative thread Skyfloating. I didn't know about this and it's indeed surprising to know about the skyscrapers. There's a lot of untapped archaeological history hidden in certain parts of the world it seems.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Agreed. Plenty of unanswered questions still lingering around and plenty of evidence needs to be gathered.

I think the Tamil Nationalists are pushing their agenda and ideaology of a seperate Tamil State or Country just the way the Sikhs are/were demanding in India. Its like the demadn for making Tamil a national language in India and actually disputed for it during the DoorDarshan's Initial days (1970's) to televise programs in Tamil Language only within the state of Tamilnadu.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join