It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunken Continent of the Tamil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

S&F good read as always Skyfloating..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by csinvis
maybe this is where the "Bibles Great flood" happened and a number of advanced Civilizations where wiped out. Just speculations that came to mind...

Im thinking the flood happened globally because the "great flood" legend of swallowed mountains can be found all around the world. But that legend about "Adams Bridge" did make me scratch my head...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
very interesting indeed. Im sri lankan but of neither tamil or singhalese origin. i have family there and also grew up there. the tamil singhalese rivalry is thousands of years old and there are buildings thousands of years old that defy even modern explantion like how they got water to flow up to the Sigiriya fortress
en.wikipedia.org...

also i have heard of a place somewhere in the middle of the jungles where scientists suspect an ancient nuke was set off as nothing has grown there for as far back as anybody can remember and there is still to this day higher than normal levels of background radiation. there are some sri lankans that know of the place but most locals in city have forgotten the ancient past.

also there is a point at Adams peak (which i have not been to myself but know countless people who have) where if you stand there are sunset it casts a perfect triangular shadow over the land. it looks like a giant pyramid.
www.indiamike.com...

the info is wrong its not in india i can assure you its sri lanka but the pic is real. i know a lady friend who has multiple pics of the shadow.

Now this really made me think. Because in Romania there has been discoveries that put some of the writtings and artifacts way before Summer time. Also we have a piramid cast type of shadow and is really strange to see that there is another part of the world that may have that. This is my post from my thread on Enigmatic Discovery in Bucegi Mountains Romania

"The Shadow Pyramid from "Ceahlau" Mountains Romania ..a UNIQUE Phenomenon

Romania has something more interesting than Stonehenge or the Egyptian pyramids. We talk all about a pyramid. More specifically, one hologram. Sounds like Star Trek, but you should know that this hologram can be seen only in the first 10 days of August in Ceahlau massif.

The phenomenon is unique in the world. Pyramid Mountain Shadows Ceahlau occurs every year in the first 10 days of August. In the 6th and 7th of the month, the hologram has the best chance of training.

There, on the east, the rocks formed some shadows, with clouds and fog forming the 3D image of a perfect pyramid.

Ceahlau Toaca Peak Massif. At 1907 meters, you can see the sun just before sunrise. But the real show is giving the other side of the ridge. Sunlight is hitting the rocks and some yarn shade somewhere between heaven and earth together. Steam heavy fog that rises from the valley turns into an incredible hologram. It is a perfect three-dimensional pyramid."

Source of my thread :www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by csinvis
maybe this is where the "Bibles Great flood" happened and a number of advanced Civilizations where wiped out. Just speculations that came to mind...

Im thinking the flood happened globally because the "great flood" legend of swallowed mountains can be found all around the world. But that leg end about "Adams Bridge" did make me scratch my head...

Adam's bridge seemed to have been made after the initial deluge. The water level seemed to rise gradually after that and a bridge would of been needed at around -18 meters. The water before the flood was around -112 meters less.

This is Adams Bridge at -112 meters... bridge not needed.

This is the same area with -18meters of water. A bridge then would need to be constructed.
The question is when was the water -100 meters and when was at -20 meters less.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Now lets put this photos together and see the similarities are striking I am really wondering what it means ???????

Adam's Peak Sri Lanka

Ceahlau Pyramid Romania

Hope some people will come with some conclusions as I am very very curious ....

S&F for your Post

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Here is an image I took of on of the little island left from the 'bridge'. My theory is the waters rose gradually after the first deluge. This image look like this could of been an ancient dam. If you look and the peak opening of the island there is an underwater canal that has been submerged.The bridge runs from 8 o'clock to 2 o'clock

Obvious the waters have been climbing for sometime.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Interesting

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I think the theory is a bit vague and contradicting if you really think about it in addition to the genetic migration of Dravidians. I however do see a close resemblance of Dravidians with African and Australian natives. However the continents split much much earlier when they were attached.

I will flag this thread for the subject though.

The origins are questioned not just by western researchers but also by south indian researchers. See the links below for Adams Bridge. It also has the link for your thread on LEMURIA and KUMARI KANDAM

ATS RAMAYANA THREAD
ADAMS_BRIDGE
KUMARI_KANDAM_AND_LEMURIA

edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: add content

edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
yea well it's good that they got wiped out cuz this is all they have done since...caused terror...and maybe it's because of there ancient history being flooded. Pent up anger. www.spur.asn.au...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NNEECE
yea well it's good that they got wiped out cuz this is all they have done since...caused terror...and maybe it's because of there ancient history being flooded. Pent up anger. www.spur.asn.au...

You should be posting this on the 'bitch n moan' forum
Not on this post.

Besides didnt't the Sri Lankan government toppled the LTTE recently?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

bitch n' moan....nah I could care less...just a believer in karma. Everything happens for a reason.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here is the area in question, I added land at the -112 meter level.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

referring to an Islamic legend, according to which Adam used the bridge to reach Adam's Peak in Sri Lanka, where he stood repentant on one foot for 1,000 years, leaving a large hollow mark resembling a footprint. Both the peak and the bridge are named after this legend

Its a good thread and I am surprised at the above information. But there is a temple in Rameswaram called 'Gandhamadana Parvatham'- where it is said that Lord Ram stood and 'watched' Lanka before he actually built the bridge. The place now holds a temple with this foot print model and one of my elderly relatives(my uncle) was a priest on that temple a while back. Your information is somehow similar to this one.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NNEECE
reply to post by hp1229

bitch n' moan....nah I could care less...just a believer in karma. Everything happens for a reason.
Good philosophy in life to live by. Karma that is.

However this thread is just a theory. Not yet proven. I do see the australina natives very closely resemble to many tamils that I have seen in real. You would definitely mistake them for the australian natives if you ever visit the southern parts of India

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Hi..firstly..stars and flags...excellent work. I too firmly believe that the Asian region has been much overlooked those in search of lost civilization. I come from the Malaysian penisula and understand that the entire region was once an ancient landmass called Sundaland.

It is not far fetched to say that the area could have supported a thriving population who had the luxury of developing into an advance civilization prior to the last ice age and melting of the ice between 20,000BCE and 12,000BCE. This s because the landmass was ice free while most parts of the globe was locked in ice. Malaysia boast of the oldest virgin rain forest dating back 2 million years while also having some of the oldest rock formations

I m convinced that an ancient advanced race made its way from the Indian sub-continent which spread across Asia when sea levels began to rise. We have here in Malaysia some interesting looking megaliths with ancient carvinsg which I believe were left by the Indian who mined gold here thousands of years ago. There is also an ancient undated map in the excellent work by 17th century Portuguese cosmographer Eredia's 'Description of Malacca' which shows a land bridge between the Malaysian Penisula and Sumatra across the Straits of Malacca.(Will try to post the photos of the megaliths and map at later date)

Once again kudos for enlightening others on ATS with a job well done. Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

It would be nice using absolute terms like "North East South West" when describing locations on a map. Things like "Left and Right" and "8 oclock" depend on how you hold the map, especially since you didn't embed a compass. Cheers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here is the image of Lemuria from Wikipedia. However it is a map of a unproven theory among several others around the world. The sunken continent of Zealandia has traces of continental land around them. If there are none around India, Madagasgar, Australia connecting the great Lemuria then do we have to assume that the Water rose by more than few miles in height to submerge the ancient landmass (if it existed as a civilization) ?

edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Good thread Sky,

I am a Tamil from southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. What ever you have posted on your OP is exactly what we were told by our ancestors and forefathers but dont know why the main stream Historians or Archeologists never acknowledged it. Just in recent past the Tamil language has been given Classical language status. Classical Language.

Kumari Kandam (Kandam in Tamil means Continent) has been mentioned in most early Tamil literatures. There alot of elaborate description about the language, grammar (Tolkāppiyam), life style, politics (Purananuru) agriculture (Agriculture), war fare, ethics, technology, mathematics (kanakaathigaram), astrology (Vaana saastharam) etc.. on those literatures.

For more details:

Please visit:
Tamil University

Tamil Virtual Academy

Research Papers

In case of you need any specific details. Please contact Tamil University. They usually respond to queries.

enjoy.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Here is an image I took of on of the little island left from the 'bridge'. My theory is the waters rose gradually after the first deluge. This image look like this could of been an ancient dam. If you look and the peak opening of the island there is an underwater canal that has been submerged.The bridge runs from 8 o'clock to 2 o'clock

You've been researching this for a little longer, havent you? How many world-spanning deluges, in your view, were there?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

Don't forget to add the 'negrito' people into the mix.

Predating them (Han Chinese, Japanese) and today reduced to around 2% of Taiwan’s population are the so-called Taiwanese aborigines, tribal groups like the Saisiyat who speak (increasingly, spoke) Austronesian languages. Though the chronology remains in dispute, linguistic as well as genetic and archeological evidence points to Taiwan as the Urheimat of this (Negrito) family — the root of a many-forked tree of tongues lolling from Madagascar to Hawaii and Easter Island.

taiwantoday.tw...

www.ahnenkult.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join