It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rumbling Noises

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
OK I have an idea, let's all go outside and put our ears to the ground and see if we hear anything, I mean hear if we see anything?

GO.

I'll be right back.
edit on 073131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Right....If someone could map locations where it has been heard, it would show a connection to military bases or not....I hope it is NOT natural, because that would be pretty scary. There are even people in other countries hearing it, which is another reason I'm not sure it's natural......unless the whole world was going to blow up *chills*

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingfanpaul
The second sound really does sound similar to a train in my opinion. But the Florida noise is baffling.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Kingfanpaul because: (no reason given)

I heard this last week in GA, at about 1 or 2 am. I thought it was a train too, only it was louder and didn't fade into the distance and it lasted for at least 20 or 30 minutes and eventually I drifted off back to sleep while it was still going. It was strange and until today when I saw that second video, I had forgotten about it.

It does sound mechanical to me, which is mind-blowing because, if it is, it must be either really huge or really powerful. And if it's natural, well then that's just as mind-blowing for a different reason.

edit on 21/3/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by StealthyKat

It sounds hollower, like its in a cavern or something, and it sounds more rhythmic. It comes really close to having a beat.

But....................................they are really really similar.

Has anyone mapped all the locations and dates of these sounds yet? I would love to see that data.

Edit to add,

I think it is Puter man that has a really good audio file of magma underground in some earthquake thing. I'll try to find it, but those earth quake threads are so long I may never locate it.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

As posted above in my earlier reply (check the sound with the two youtubes I posted)...this particular sound MAY NOT be an earth sound, but a man made sound. The hollowness you hear is the sound ECHOING down the Ohio River
Valley...

The earth tells us many things...but ya think Gaia may get a chuckle when we are so convinced that it's all her doing? I do...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Maybe the inner workings of mother ship earth need oiled.

All kidding aside, yea I heard it here in he Midwest last week.

Topic number four.

I'm not going to go outside till it gets dark, BTW.

I will report back tomorrow.
edit on 073131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I could be.

I do have to say though that to ME, (and this is just opinion, not expert opinion) the rhythm is much different. Bot of the two you posted sound VERY man made, very rhythmic. To me, the second sound in the OP is ALMOST rhythmic. But I am no musician, and certainly no expert, and if sounds are echoing down a valley who knows how that would distort them.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
"God gave Noah the rainbow sign, no more water, the FIRE next time."
I think we have a serious ass kicking coming our way.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Isn't the sound coming from above not below

ALS

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hi, guys and gals...I have been a lurker here for a few months now but felt that I had to reply with a theory about this phenomenon.

When I first heard this rythmic thumping it sounded very much like a marching drum band and very similar to bands I have seen at Edinburgh Military Tattoo in Scotland, UK.

Later on I watched an old documentary about the eruption of Krakatoa in 1883 and I started to think about something that was said...The reverberations from that eruption were still being heard around the world five days later...bear with me here cause this is where my theory comes in.

Every one is commenting on the fact that Yellowstone is overdue for a blow up and that the activity has increased there recently...What if (this is where it gets weird) the noises are somehow an echo from the future of the eruption of Yellowstone.

Now I don't pretend to know anything about quantam mechanics or string theory of physics but what if somehow the Large Hadron Collider is tapping into an echo from the future and what everyone is hearing is that echo?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Has anyone checked the underwater seismic monitors? If these are coming from coastal areas it might point to a source. I only know of one active link at NOAA....
www.pmel.noaa.gov...
There you will find several sound files classified as unknown, the one tagged "train" sounds similar, the others are just plain creepy.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
One of our gifted memebers has made a map.

Here is a link to his/her thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And below is a link to the map. VERY helpful for me.

maps.google.com...,-90.615234&spn=13.740404,43.286133&z= 5

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
have a listen to this guys! this is a recording of the big 9.0 earthquake taken with hydrophones of the coast of japan, then listen to the OP again.

LISTEN

sounds like wind and the florida video they kept thinking there was a tornado....just something to think about.

edit on 21-3-2011 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

you know, that thought occured to me..magma or something underground..water rushing due to
crust movement but I dismissed it as well..either ridiculous or too much to handle at this time due to
all the 2012 talk.
Years ago there was an article about someone taking the ground temperature some place in Calif. I think..
about the temperature being so high..well it seems if that was the source..hot water etc underground
then seems there would be some evidence of it. If there was some anomali ??? with the air currents
and temperarture then perhaps that could cause thunder like sounds..hummm..sounds sort of like
somebody unloading from a dock or a train making a heck of a racket...with special heavy cargo
or coupling to other cars. I recall once hearing at night
a loud racket back home..and was told it was street sweepers cleaning parking lots after business hours.
The sound was a little unsettling. The wind can block out sound or carry it differently at times maybe.
To my old ears LOL the volcano sounds like a blend of rainfall and the sound of gun shots echoing through
the woods.Well somebody has to know something about the surrounding area where the sound occured.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

LULZ

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Here you go.....to me, this sounds exactly the same

top topics

<< 1   >>

join