It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Defining Moment" for ATS - March, 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks to you and your team for not placing all your bets on a few talking heads and erudite "experts."

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The "Internet" loves you!

MK-ULTRA...here we come...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Congradulations ATS !!! I personally appreciate all the hard work the MODs do to keep things civil. I also really appreciate most of the members for their wonderful and informative contributions. I admit that some posts and threads make me want to wear a tin foil hat but for the most part, I have learned more from ATS during my membership than I did in college. If I really want the News as it truely is......I come to ATS. Here you get the stories from the people who witness it. The best part about ATS is that if you don't understand something, there is always people willing to either explain it to you or give their opinions. Its all food for thought. THE TRUTH IS IN HERE>

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
These are great numbers, THIS is what ATS should be about. I am both surprised and delighted about the msm using the site as a source.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

One of the Mods the other day, had to bring attention to my obvious oversight. I was spewing about a problem
going on in a lot of threads. That I felt wasn't up to the standards of ATS. While I was right about the problem,
that yes it is a problem. I was wrong about waiting for someone else to let the OP know about the fopah.

Mod said," the members are the quality". Something to that effect. I understood that as, your a member, be nice, and tell the OP what's up. I was wrong in thinking they didn't want to hear it from me.

So I armed myself with this.

Posting videos and video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of a video, please post the video or a link to the video, a description of the video's content, and one or two paragraphs offering your own opinion on the video. This will help inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

Congrats to every member. And a big Thank You
to the owners and founders of ATS.
I love this place.
edit on 4-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Great news indeed, well done ATS.

I also follow on twitter and feel that I get news and ideas here that I would not get anywhere else. Spread the word people and Deny Ignorance - there is no excuse for it in this day and age, except laziness.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hi guys! I am an extremely long term lurker on this sight, and I finally signed up just so I could comment on this thread.
I am very far from my home on the west coast right now, and will be for several more months. In addition to being horrified for the people of Japan, I am also nervous for my home.
Of course I thought to stop in here. I just knew people would be on top of any breaking info, and likely out on the coast with radiation monitors, or linked up to those who had them.

The content has been awesome!
Thank you for helping me keep an eye on things from afar, and I am not even a tiny bit surprised the the media powers that be are lurking around here too.
Great job!
That may be my first and last post, but I'll be around!

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wow, I knew how good ATS had been with regard to the information about what's going-on in Japan, and the discussion of it. What I didn't realize was how quickly other people were discovering that fact. I especially didn't realize much much the so-called main-stream media were starting to mine it for leads also!

It's kind of scary actually, to see a simple thing like an open discussion forum, have such an influence. I hope I didn't cause Bill Nye any lost gig's on the MSM or anything like that, with this post, this post, this post or this post. I think he'd be a good guy to have on TV leading a discussion, asking questions of a panel of SME's ("subject matter experts"). In that type of role, he could be a good intermediary between the public and the SME's and all their techno-babble - not to try to translate what the SME's say, but rather to prompt them down the right lines of discussion, etc.

Another scary thought is the ATS / Wikileaks comparison. Will ATS members now be categorized as "leaker's" and pursued for legal recourse, prosecution or "rendition"? We've had some very useful industry insiders participating on various threads here. I would hate to loose that critical input.

Anyway, congrats ATS!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I have to agree this is one AweSome website!!.....I am amazed at how well everyone post all the links for info and at how well they research,just amazing...

I am amazed to that YOU put together this GREAT website that people from all over the world come to....It runs fast for all the traffic it gets and its moderated very well.....I have told friends about this and it turns out that one of them was telling his college teacher,which turns out he already new about it and comes here.....You left a job i am guessing was not your passion and started this which must be and look biggest forum in the world!!...Thank you!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
GREAT , now I have to rebel against ATS too...sigh, ah well, on the honey do list

odd though that something as simple as remembering human nature; listening to those with a voice or calling upon those with strength within a tribe is profitable for a group again , for a time only secrecy seemed to insure profit

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Always figured there would be the time when the MSM would be looking here more frequently for answers. I mean this is where I come for my news, and I'm sure anyone else that has become a member does the same.

Grats on all the success. You guys deserve it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's been an honor ATSers!

Man, I love being a part of this online community. Props to you all.

Oh and thanks 3 Amigos, for creating this site in the first place!

Regards,

FTE

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join