It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Defining Moment" for ATS - March, 2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i joined up due to the high volume of intelligent data that was being gathered by people in regards to the earthquakes. while there is definitely a high number of fruitcakes on here, there is also a huge amount of intelligence that completely overshadows the bad stuff. its so refreshing to be on a site with so many freaking brainfolk. its great, and i am glad i joined.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
So big media is coming here for information and ideas, but are they giving any credit to those from which they get their news?

Love this site, a bit addicting, but always a great place to grow ideas.

And cudos to the software people, this place is incredibly well built.

AT LAST, THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGAN.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Whilst we are far from innocent of human frailties, emotionalism and occasional pettiness, I do believe there is a core culture here that values truth beyond anything else. There are some who would sway opinion thru every means of deceit and psychological pressure they can come up with, but the bottom line here is that in the end the facts speak for themselves.

ATS membership has been excellent at digging up the info and then bravely putting it out there where it is exposed to be tested by the most inquiring, inquisitive and speculative minds. The neat thing is that we get where we get by assimilating a large body of opinions instead of some "overseer's" administrative edit.

This must represent the ultimate challenge to those who would prefer we accept the pre-programmed message.
edit on 3/22/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Catastrophes are good for business!

IRM

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I very much agree with you, you took the words right out of my mouth, I have noticed this within my family and friends a confusion and distrust of what they are hearing and seeing from the MSM these days, and so that is very much one of the possible factors of this increase. To the OP, congrats, thats awesome, I'm glad people are seeking for alternative sources of information. I am very happy for you and yours, and happy to be a part of many great discussions here, I love ATS, and I'm glad I found it!!!
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Congradulations Bill on the very noteworthy achievements. It's reassuring to know that even in today's business environment a good idea, coupled with exacting standards and an eye towards quality, hard work, and not compromising your core principles and goals can still lead to great things.

I like to think many of ATS member contributors do much the same, in bringing their own exacting standards to the table, contributing quality information and opinion, and staying true to their own core principles as water seeks out it's own level.

A great well run platform, and great contributors make for a great site.

Job well done.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Nice.
I figured as much.

Ive had the feeling/thought for a long time that ATS would be the future of news, and have for a long time envisioned it as something that could (probably will) take over all MSM BS, and be played on PC' as well as TV's everywhere. lol

Coolness!!
well done ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Congrats to the administrators and moderators on this site, for making it one of the more successful forums around and more critically, to keep the spirit of freedom alive through allowing all to have their voice.

Through the years as a lurker and finally member, I had the priviledge to witness phenomena growth of this site in terms of expression of freedom, as each brings share fears, hates, confusion, tears, loves, inspirations and hope from all parts of our worl, linking us all to comprehension of a greater humanity out there sharing common aspirations in life..

I dedicate this lovely song to all the members and readers on ATS. It welcomes and draws us all in as the song does.

Lyrics:-
My last night here for you
Same old songs, just once more
My last night here with you?
Maybe yes, maybe no.
I kind of liked it your way
How you shyly placed your eyes on me
Oh did you ever know?
That I have mine on you

Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down.
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer

So let me come to you
Close as I wanna be
Close enough for me
To feel your heart beating fast.
And stay there as I whisper
How I loved your peaceful eyes on me
Did you ever know
That I have mine on you

Darling, so share with me
Your love if you have enough
Your tears if you're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out then
You would know that you're not dreaming

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Congrats to all those posters who put in the hard yards with research.
You sure kept me up to date with what is happening.

And congrats to all ATS members, Mods and Admin who work hard to make this site super!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
wow...im feeling part of a big family

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I would organize my life into two periods.

Pre-ATS, and post-ATS.

Changed my life, there's nothing like it, thanks!

LOVE Y'ALL

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We often half kid around a lot about other media coming here for both ideas and information. This is more validation. Great job, everyone!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by davespanners
Well done everyone! So now we are responsible for supplying the mainstream media with the very stories that we distrus...

Well... just because people in the research department are looking, is no reason to indicate ATS content makes into the newscast.

I think the actual scenario at Fox went something like...

(1) Jeff the researching reads about radioactive fall concerns on ATS, and agrees that the official message is lacking... hands that research up the "food chain"

(2) Mary the editor reads the research, and changes the main idea to "there might be fallout"

(3) Frank the corporate compliance consultant changes that to "no sign of radiation"

(4) Crazy on-air personality modifies the script to read, "radiation is good for you!"

(5) Corporate strategists applaud, research department has an epic face-palm

(or something like that)
edit on 21-3-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

And in other news, a recent experiment has scientists believing that it may actually be possible to teach an old dog new tricks after all. Scientists say that it appears ignorance can be overcome with a strict diet that consists of eating nothing but large slices of humble pie.

Their research was fully funded by the global media moguel Montgomery Burn....sorry, I mean Sir Rupert Murdoch. The breakthrough came shortly after Sir Rupert gave a speech to the Federal Trade Commision (shown below) where he made his thoughts on the internet very clear. It now appears that the speech was a ruse because shortly after supper that night the mogel opened a twitter account and with his first tweet sacked every journalist employed in his News Empire.

"Ruppiethegreat says: @newscor Hey peeps guess what, you're all fired. cya never #news.

He has since cited a new direction. He now believes there is potential cost savings involved in working from home and doing all writing and research himself using google.

hahahah I wonder if Ruppie is still suing Google for breach of copyright? Who's been a bad boy now

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Way to go ATS .....When I found this site it was a instant love affair ..one that kept me up all hours of the night .so many good threads with links and great questions .....I always wondered who might be the 100th monkey ...could it have been Rupert Murdoch ?......wouldn't that be a hoot ....He might just be a member ...hahaha ...peace

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ATS and its members write the songs, congrats again.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is the validation of the concept we've been working so hard on for many years, the wisdom of the crowd is REAL.

Thanks to EVERYONE who cares enough to share theirs here.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Everyone knows I'm a big fan of the smileys.
This one I had made a while ago, I don't use it as often as I should but it sure is appropriate here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13daac2eda54.gif[/atsimg]

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't want to leave out any of the following, without them there would no ATS, thanks.

Founder: SimonGray
CEO & Community Director: Bill (SkepticOverlord)
COO & Marketing Director: Mark (Springer)
CFO Stephen (Crakeur)
Lead Administrator: William One Sac
Administrator: 12m8keall2c"Super" Moderators
Administrator: Djarums

Thanks also to the glue that keeps everything on track.

"Super" Moderators
ADVISOR, alien, asala, AshleyD, ATSmediaPRO, Byrd, chissler, dbates, DJDOHBOY, DontTreadOnMe, Duzey, elevatedone, FredT, GAOTU789, Gazrok, Gemwolf, Hellmutt, intrepid, JacKatMtn, JAK, junglejake, kinglizard, Majic, maria_stardust, masqua, Mirthful Me, neformore, niteboy82, sanctum, Sauron, semperfortis, The Vagabond, TheBandit795, UK Wizard, worldwatcher, yeahright, ZeddicusZulZorander,

Forum Moderators
Ahabstar, argentus, ArMaP, Asktheanimals, benevolent tyrant, burdman30ott6, defcon5, Dr Love, gallopinghordes, GENERAL EYES, getreadyalready, GradyPhilpott, greeneyedleo, Hefficide, Jbird, JohnnyAnonymous, kosmicjack, Maxmars, MemoryShock, Nerdling, nyk537, pantha, parrhesia, seagull, Skyfloating, spacedoubt, Spiderj, TheBorg, TheRedneck, tothetenthpower, WikiEditor, WyrdeOne, xpert11,

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Are you kidding?

I am their Ruprecht...

Seriously, I would like to say that I have always thought that interactive media is the wave of the future and ATS is the best of such. I am pretty darned pleased that I know of this site (it's my home page...
)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just a brief update.

The massive spike in overall traffic and interest in ATS continues. The number of visitors we experienced on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were all about 60% above previously normal levels.

The "Internet" loves you!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join