It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Defining Moment" for ATS - March, 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

That could have been me.. www.abovetopsecret.com... lol

Anyways, congratulations to everyone for everything they've contributed. I've come here since 2006 because there is no better place for news and enlightenment, and I feel that I share something in common with others who enjoy coming here.
edit on 21-3-2011 by elocin because: grammar

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Congrats to you SO and your staff, in addition to those of us who do wish to accept such kudos, that is to say, consider such information kudos.
I do. You're welcome.
I've been coming here for my news before I joined and started boring you all with reason.
If you know me at all, you know I'm precise, so forgive me for the following generalization.

ATS is populated, at least in part, by slightly paranoid geeks who have as their sole purpose in life to be the one who gets to break news.

I'm counting on it.
Once in a while, it's even me.
It's certainly the reason I keep coming back.

Vive l'ATS!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I am always amazed at how well written so many threads and posts are on ATS. I have been a member and follower for a long time and have to say I am completely addicted to the well thought out discussions and debates.

There is nothing like it.

Thank You SkepticOverlord. You have done an amazing job with this site.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Sure enough, this big news and information publisher shows just over 4,000 visits to ATS in our Google Analytics reports in the past ten days. Other big visitors in the media business during the past ten days are:
Fox News --- 3,787 visits
New York Times --- 2,814 visits
Newsweek --- 2,203 visits
Associated Press --- 2,016 visits
NewsCorp --- 2,004 visits
(among many others)

You mean more people visited ATS than MSM in the past 10 days ? Maybe they'll actually learn a thing or two about the real way the world works.

MSM should start covering the issues that are hot on ATS. Very cool though. GO ATS! YOU ARE THE RESISTANCE!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

"This site is faster and more reliable than anything else we've seen regarding what's happening in Japan,"

This site is faster and more reliable than any other news organization period. Events show up here easily 24 hours before any place else. Also with each piece of news there's an ongoing discussion about said news piece that can at times span pages upon pages. I've seen some on this site that have surpassed 40.

It's one of the reasons I keep coming back.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
absolutely splendid news Bill

MSM = just the news
ATS = the news on steroids

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I agree, RE: news breaking on ATS first.

I always know of everything, pretty much immediately after it happens.
Sometimes you can even see things coming.
Sometimes a story is a product of, for instance, an upcoming meeting of the minds.
Then a decision is made, to for instance, put some plan into action.
Then the action takes place.
THEN the media picks it up.
Then somebody at work says "did you hear about such and such?"
And I say, "yeah, I knew that three days ago."

Love it

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Reading that gave me goose pimples

Great stats! Being a capitalist pig, I love stats. Well done ATS!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
After reading all of the comments above mine, all I can add is .....

~meathead

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon posted on 18-1-2011 @ 11:32 AM
Well over the last few months I have seen Main Stream media picking up stories from ATS

But this notoriety comes with a price...

More will flock to join..

Good for business... but it means more repeat topics, more trolls, etc

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now then...

Where is my coffee mug?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
All I can say is thank you for being here. Your work in keeping this organized and rolling with the changing dynamics is unsurmountable! Kudos to staff, mods, admin, and Bill.
I have found like minded individuals when I thought I couldn't possibly be the only one who saw a bigger picture. Reading others perspectives on interested topic changes my own concept of what I choose to believe. I have learned topics from geology and life skills, to exploring concepts of other realms. I am endeared to the expression of heartfelt kindness that members extend. I am excited each time I open the site that I can be informed and I can reciprocate my own knowledge where applicable. I participate in a thread that just hit 200 pages! Who'da thunk?

Thanks for being such a great influential and essential tool for higher information.

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is where intelligent earthlings from all parts of the this planet come to, to communicate with each other.(Not only humans,but other beings as well) Many people are learning to become aware,besides learning about all kinds of things that they never knew about through this website,and they gain much benefits from the knowledge that they are learning.

TheWatcher

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I fell in love with this site from day one, and I have stuck around because ATS really is the only place I know of to come and get a fair and well debated story of things that are happening in the world.

It is truly a place by the people and for the people, and there are so many different personalities, so many different nationalities, creeds, religious backgrounds, people from all walks of life....coming together to share information in the interest of finding a fair and objective truth.

Im happy to see the hard work paying off for the owners and creators who have worked so hard over the years.... and happy to have been a part of such an amazing community of people.

Three cheers guys....work well done

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Great news ! Cogratualtions !

I'm thinking about the 100 monky theory.

Anyway...

Please people think twice before you post a story about constipation. Before you know it everybody knows :O

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Awesome SO did you at least do the Mastermind speech "And they all thought I was mad haha!" ? Since I joined I have seen some pretty impressive things come out of the various minds here. Every topic has so much information lurking in it, where you can spend days [lots of us have done it] reading threads from the start. What I think really trumps the info is the people, so many really informed and for the most part really nice people. We all might not get along but in the end we are all a very large and spread out family
Now more and more folks are starting to take notice of your little project SO !!! Thanks for letting us be part of it!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by zorgon posted on 18-1-2011 @ 11:32 AM
Well over the last few months I have seen Main Stream media picking up stories from ATS

But this notoriety comes with a price...

More will flock to join..

Good for business... but it means more repeat topics, more trolls, etc

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now then...

Where is my coffee mug?

Still....

Information is flowing. and truth is filtered out, and trolls change into worthy members or get banned eventually.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
As a fairly new member and one who had originally thought of ATS as a pure "conspiracy theory" site, I share a conversation with you from earlier tonight which bespeaks my respect for the importance of this website. A situation occurred earlier this evening which caused me and my family a great deal of anxiety. Friends and family members started calling one another and at one point, there were five of us on various extensions. My brother's initial reply was "just wait while I check CNN to see if anything's being reported" to which I responded "you're wasting your time - I'm booting up my computer and checking ATS". Two other phone participants piped in that they were already in the process of doing just that.

Thank you, SO, for having the vision and foresight to see the need for this type of communication exchange (and the courage to execute that vision) and to all ATS members for not only making this a site full of informative and timely information, but one which inspires independent and thought provoking conversation which not only educates the mind but also fills the soul.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow!
I am very impressed with this site and the way you, a man obviosly with a great vision, have handled it, as well as the rest of your staff here. From the very first time I stumbled upon ATS, back in 2004, I knew this was an amazing place. It has only been getting better. I never knew that the traffic numbers would be bigger then mainstream media but I guess I am not all too surprised.

I first came across ATS in October of 2004. It was on or near Halloween and I was searching for some good old ghost stories on the internet. Needless to say, I found some very interesting stories and myself, my fionce at the time, my niece, and my daughter all gathered around for some frightful reading. It was a good time. I eventualy searched the site further and found all the great ufo topics, something that has intrigued me since I was a little kid, before I ever even really knew what they were. From a very young age I always had an interest in alien life as soon as I knew there were more planets out there.

I finally became a member in 2005 when I was very involved or interested in current events. I was very opinionated and needed to voice myself in so many threads I saw that I thought were taking stabs and jabs at my American self. Having lived in NYC during 9/11 and always being a proud patriotic American, I was on the side of "kick terrorist ass" and "go Bush" from the start. I remember getting into some heated conversations with other members and even scoring applause from staff with some of my comments.

It has been a long road, and as many other people in the world, I have seen my share of ups and downs over the years. Times have changed very much, not only on a global scale but very much on a personal level as well. This is one reason why I relate to so many of the topics being discussed here, as I feel I have a better insight these days to look at the whole picture. I don`t post nearly as much as I used to, as the well versed and more articulate usually beat me to the punch and state exactly what I would want to say. So I give out stars and flags for those important threads and well stated posts.

I used to watch CNN a lot, especially right after 9/11. I even stopped listening to music in my car for a while as I was always glued to the news listening to 1010 Wins (a popular all news a.m. radio station in NY). I couldn`t help it, I was concerned with the state of the world as well as the safety of my family and I wanted to be first to know about any possible danger. I switched to Fox News when I realized there was an alternative to CNN, one that spoke from an opposite angle.

Over the years, for the most part, I always visited ATS on a daily basis. There has always been more information here and it usually breaks here first in more detail then on the major tv news networks. The content is backed up by some truly amazing members who are serious about what they do. Just to mention one thread, I remember a few months back, there was a military base lockdown. I first heard about it here and was glued to ATS all night and into the very early morning hours as members were continuously updating with new information. The investigative work done on that particular thread was remarkable. The entire situation was annalized from a to z and theories were ruled out one by one over and over as new information became available. By the next morning, it was realized what exactly was going on inside of that military base. It was great work by all the ATS members involved and such is the case for so many informative threads here.

ATS has helped me to realize a lot more then I could have ever imagined. My opinions on many subjects have done complete 360 degree turns. When I moved from NYC, a little over 3 years ago, I didn`t have access to FOX News on my television and therefore switched to CNN again. I couldn`t believe how much my opinions at this time had changed, If you watch either or any of the major networks loyally, you are sure to have a biased opinion. If you follow ATS you get a wide angle view on every subject. You can decipher the bs from what it is, and you can see what is important to occupy your time with. I still watch news on tv but I constantly alternate networks and I also cannot choose one political side over another. ATS has taught me a lot by allowing myself to see all points of view simultaneously instead of one unbalanced side at a time.

ATS is far more informative then any other news organization anywhere. You get all the facts here backed up with links and articles and members` time, reputation, and dedication. I visit ATS many times a day for breaking news and to follow ongoing topics, from the disasters in Japan to Arkansas earthquakes, and the wars in the Middle East amd countless others.

We live in an undeniably very busy time in regards to current world activities, disasters, and wars. In a world so challenged by unpredictable events and questionable activities, great minds come together from all over to converge on ATS and try to put the pieces together like an enormous jigsaw puzzle. This site is an extraordinary step in the right direction. Today is my 35th birthday (or it was a little over an hour ago when I began writing this), the birthday on my profile is for looks, and I can say at this point in my life, I may not be the wisest, but am all the wiser for having partook in the conversations here as well as reading the vast array of material contained within. I will continue to visit ATS daily and I hope this website continues to grow.

Thank you Skeptic Overlord and ATS. Keep up the awesome work!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I see you got a laugh from that bit, but it actually happened....

Ann Coulter Says Radiation Is Good For You!

Hard to know whether to laugh or cry at that one.

As for the ATS recognition... congrats to all!

There's been many stories, over my years here, that I've seen hit ATS before the MSM. Also, many more verified stories that never made it to the MSM at all. To all those with great contributions, I salute you!

edit on 3/22/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
You can see this both ways.
1 - The MSM is finally taking ATS as a serious site for info.

2 - We all know that the MSM is controlled by the TPTB and maybe they are just checking their info with what we know.

It is also great to see that more and more people discover ATS

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join