It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Defining Moment" for ATS - March, 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Congrats to the owners and congrats to all of us as well.

Im a little disturbed how much Fox comes on though, lol. Judging from their broadcasts they must get hung up in the "Gray Area" a little too often.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have yet to write a thread, but still, I think this has a lot to do with me joining. Maybe it doesn't. But I am pretty sure the two things are related.

Good work guise.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
(4) Crazy on-air personality modifies the script to read, "radiation is good for you!"

I am glad your gamble with ATS paid off and I wish I could star that post because that was hilarious. But, ATS is a bit like Rahm Emanuel in that it seems to never let a good crisis go to waste as people get more and more fed up with being lied to and seek out alternative sources of information. I've noticed each crisis over the past 2 years has brought a flood of new lurkers and members to ATS.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Everyone knows ATS is the place to go for currnet happenings around the world. Sometimes we know things days before the 'mainstream', that is an absolute fact. Some of the posts on this site blow my mind. Two thumbs way up from me to everyone here. Dancing banannas are in order I believe. Only if they were there to click.....

MOTF!

I am with you all the way and here is the dancing banana for all of us.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/405423138d32.gif[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/405423138d32.gif[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/405423138d32.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 21-3-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Nice find on the dancing bananas Aquarius!!

Congrats family... Congrats ATS.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Gratz to all of here at ATS>>

This is THE place to get all the info first..

I Proudly SALUTE you all!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well done to you as well.

As a long time member this kind of proves something I've long thought. That ATS is one of the premier sources for news on the net. I cannot tell you the number of times I've mentioned something I read here in a conversation. Had the person I'm talking to go "uh-huh, yeah, sure"..only to come back weeks later when it hits the MSM going, "You told me about this weeks ago! How did you know?!?"

Its you, the other owners, and the staff that have worked so long to provide and nurture the unique environment where this kind of thing to happen.

So, from a from a little amphibian who has been hopping around this pond for the past 7 years. Congratulations and well done.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, (and ironic that you posted this SO) I have started to realize that I really do not come here for conspiracy's anymore; but rather as an Alternative news Source. This is not to say I don't peek around the conspiracy's and don't still love them, but this has to be one of the best and most up-to-date places I come for news these days.

Great work and I applaud ALL of the ATS staff and especially the MEMBERS for providing breaking news as well as the great conspiracies and research.

ATS is a 10/10 forum!

(lurker since 2003; member since 2009)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Congratulations admin.Congratulations members.

Now lets become the TOP NO 1 website in the world and put the mainstream media back in a hole until it is ready to come out and report unbiased, uncensored and uninfluenced.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wow!
Congratulations!
Well done.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was drawn to this site a while back because of intelligent and vigilant ufo deduction.Since then I joined because a few stories BIG stories i heard hear first.One example is the gaddafhi compound bombing. At first I laughed until it came up in google news 1 hour 36 minutes later.Then I made up my mind to join!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There comes a point where our scale is unstoppable, which may have just happened.

To All That See- ATS- The New Three Letter Agency (Authorized by the Constitution under the "Powers Reserved to the People, Not Exercised By The Gov't" Clause) that takes FREEDOM OF SPEECH worldwide For The Benefit of All Mankind...

To SO, staff, all posters- and to the News Organizations worldwide who recognized ATS as the boots on the ground at the scene- and to the US Military, who went Front Toward Enemy at the radioactive unknown to save lives...

To the working heroes at the burning reactors...

From my family in Japan and the States, Arigatou Gozaimasu One Thousand Times- thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Congratulations ATS ... I've followed the 2 main threads on Japan since day1 and have learned so much ... but it's not just the hard work that the guys 'in the know' on matters of earthquake / tsunami / nuclear reactors have put in relentlessly to keep us all informed and up to date ... but all the great links that members provide in order to add flesh to the bones of the matter.

Thank-you so much (you know who you are) and thank-you Bill, for this place you provide that 'we' the ATS family can call 'home' ... there is nowhere else on the entire internet quite like this and I am so, so proud to be just the tiniest part of that.

Woody

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Congratulations ATS. I knew since the day I found this site that it was more than a fringe conspiracy site. This site has been my homepage for years and will be for years to come. I am also very proud to be a part of ATS.
edit on 21-3-2011 by devildogUSMC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Wow!
Great job everyone!

Ok Bill...I finally had to flag one of your threads.

Maybe I will take Springer off the foe list now.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well deserved,I must add.
The reason I joined,as many of you,was I was not getting a straight answer from my normal sources.
That changed the day I joined and my eyes were opened!
Thank you ATS!!!
Lets just hope that TPTB don't try to muffle our thoughts and words.
Live Long and Prosper!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Congratulations!

Against all odds, the concept works. Good to know. And very, very interesting.

Kudos to the owners and staff - and all the ordinary people that are ATS synergy.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thank You Sir, for making all this a possibility for those of us who refuse to be herded.

Thank You to those who intellectually contribute to this site, and to those who are unafraid to ask those uneasy questions for fear of ridicule.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Awesome job!

I know I was reading ATS at work on my phone to catch up with the Japan threads. I even told people at work to visit ATS if they wanted faster and more indepth news. I linked to Silent Thunders thread a few times on my FB and to another member who was posting from there as well.

I love how fast everything travels on here. It is the only place I read the news.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What makes it even better is that you guys rock!

Community is dependent on communication. Maybe there was a time in the past when we could easily trust the devices streaming noise at us to tell us things we would not otherwise know... but that time has long past.

Now the community must work together to make information meaningful to us (as opposed to expedient to the 'seller').

ATS is so much more than a place to discuss matters that are 'alternative' to the commercially-driven norm. Our community seems to have a knack for being alert, well-informed, and sincerely driven to remain well aware of our world, its condition, her people, and it's entire lifespan, both from and to the infinite.

The drive, for some of us, ranges from lighthearted curiosity all the way to the deepest hallowed human condition and our consciousness itself. Because of the natural demand of any forming community to share common wisdom, and the unique venue our enterprising hosts have cultivated, a nexus of opportunity has blossomed. Here, those who seek information about our world, are well aware that we must keep a constant eye on the present, it's too important not to take an active approach to steward current events into our discussion, and we cannot suffer the repugnant practices of entertainment business models or vainglorious political theater to 'mold' the news for us. We have already seen what they have done, can do, and are still doing.

If there's one thing that our community can guarantee to any casual observer, it is the unstoppable force of many voices in earnest dialog. We need not agree ... as we direct ourselves to a code of respect; ... we need not posture ... since we are not sellers of ideas, merchants of dreams, or traffickers in ideologies. We are free to offer the thrill of the chase... the actual search for what is and what isn't relevant to our our own minds, spread across our global membership... That pond is deep. In a world which often challenges us to remain shallow.... 'deep' is very appealing.

Did I mention how you guys rock?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join