It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Defining Moment" for ATS - March, 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Congrats all around...shows to go ya that well laid plans pay off...sometimes it's worth the gamble.
Follow your bliss, y'all...keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
When I saw FOX NEWS was pulling news right off this site.

I thought, dang these guys are on to something.

Really? When/where did you see that? ATS and FOX seem like they'd be water and oil to me.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wow
Well done everyone! So now we are responsible for supplying the mainstream media with the very stories that we distrust when they repeat them back to us
My brain just exploded.

I'm sad that Fox didn't run with the "Tsunami was caused by angry Dolphins" thread

edit on 21-3-2011 by davespanners because: bad spells

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Congrats to us....

And why not...
I was reading about the japan crisis on here nearly two hours before it got a mention on Ninemsn..
Also with so many diligent members I know I will see reports from all sources and also have them verified..

Maybe you should rent us out as fact checkers to the bigger news agencies..
God knows they could do with it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
That is too cool, and confirms my feellings from when I was yelling at the tv newscasters "ATS proved that HOURS ago!!!"

Finally gave up on them and just stuck with ATS.

Thank you for a great site

Casing

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Well done everyone! So now we are responsible for supplying the mainstream media with the very stories that we distrus...

Well... just because people in the research department are looking, is no reason to indicate ATS content makes into the newscast.

I think the actual scenario at Fox went something like...

(1) Jeff the researching reads about radioactive fall concerns on ATS, and agrees that the official message is lacking... hands that research up the "food chain"

(2) Mary the editor reads the research, and changes the main idea to "there might be fallout"

(3) Frank the corporate compliance consultant changes that to "no sign of radiation"

(4) Crazy on-air personality modifies the script to read, "radiation is good for you!"

(5) Corporate strategists applaud, research department has an epic face-palm

(or something like that)
edit on 21-3-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thanks to you we have venue to vent out (a quiet riot). a revolution with out the possibility of physical violence. Like in any good family. very
THANK YOU ALL...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Congratulations to us!!!! whoop!

i knew the mainstream where using ATS as a resource...i knew it...how could they not be.....we are some sharp smart people...but i bet they were always embarresed to admit they used us.

i for one use and contribute to ATS from a vast number of sources from UK, egypt,saudi & northern iraq. people i know that hate conspiracy sites, are now paying attention to ATS, as :

1) they dont know where to find live information, on a vast number of events.
2) they now believe the commoners voice over a news network, due to their agenda.

to add,i refuse to watch mainstream news without ATS to caliborate with. ATS is the ultimate resource...i wish i could meet each and every one of you, no matter your opinion, i want to praise your civility. sckeptic overlord, your little corner on the web is turning into a whole wing.... hats off to the way you run this place

though now they love us skeptic overlord.....seeing as they have shared their opinion....it begs the question, when will they see you as a threat or whatr if they want involvement in your site, can you compensate without losing what we love.

this thread made me proud today, peace
edit on 21-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Nice going. It's getting crowded in here!!

And as a producer for our local cable access channel and filmmaker; I owe ATS and the members for providing us with some of the most entertaining and cutting edge material available.
edit on 21-3-2011 by whaaa because: iiv

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is interesting and certainly makes me feel less silly telling people about Above Top Secret and that I get a lot of my news from this site.

It is not that shocking though to learn that large news media reads us. I have witnessed on countless occasions a subject being discussed only here, then suddenly that subject popping up on the regular news.

The only concern in now confirming this is that if they are getting their info from us and we are getting ours from them, then we might not be getting all the real news.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I've always had a feeling that much of what we discuss and put together here on ATS winds up in the mainstream news. I think there's a reason we've been getting some good press. Part of that is, you don't bite the hand that feeds.

The other part of that is we have such a huge membership from all over the world that do their homework and aren't afraid to discuss their ideas. Through deliberation we get the truth.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Of course I can not prove that FOX is watching...

The one thing that stuck with me was very early on in the "Bird Drop" event,

I saw the word "Aflockolypse" posted by a very clever ATS member.

Within minutes Fox's Megyn Kelly repeated that word. (not saying it's proof).

If FOX thought they could scoop someone by using "ATS" they would do it in a heartbeat.

Oh, the oil and water thing. Ever watch Beck? He's a member, bet on it.

reply to post by bsbray11

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This speaks volumes about the sorry state of mass media, nobody trusts them anymore. The anonymous strangers on this site have far more credibility than any media personality, there is no profit motive, just a genuine desire to know the truth.
I guess we have come full circle, once again news travels by word of mouth, just a whole lot faster.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I for one want to thank for having the courage to create this site and to keep it going for so long. I have ran a message board once or twice in my life and it is not easy!!

I am very impressed with the level of intelligence that lives on this site and the endless research being done on behalf of it's members.

Well done and Thanks for being Here.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's the first place I go to track what's happening around the world!

The Japan information couldn't be matched anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
hahaha

Rupert Murdoch getting pwned by the people!
Go internet! Awesome news.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The true strength of ATS is the ability to merge all available news sources, governmental source sites such as USGS and a whole variety of grass roots monitoring and watchdog sources. Then all of this information can be put together in a thread and analyzed by critical thinkers.

I don't think MSM is watching as much for the unique content so much as the uncanny ability the ATS membership has to have information posted literally seconds after it is possible to be known as well as a complete monitoring of what all MSM is reporting.

I followed the crisis in Japan up to the minute watching 6 different news sources and every single time I saw something new it had been posted here for several minutes.

Thank you to everyone who makes this site such a great place to be!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Everyone knows ATS is the place to go for currnet happenings around the world. Sometimes we know things days before the 'mainstream', that is an absolute fact. Some of the posts on this site blow my mind. Two thumbs way up from me to everyone here. Dancing banannas are in order I believe. Only if they were there to click.....

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
there have been to many times that i have read stories here before they even appear on the mainstream news.
there have been to many times information regarding a story has been posted here yet no mention of the fact in the mainstream news.

it has got to the point where i check ATS to get the news, and if the story is a major event like japan, then i'll just check the mainstream news for the pictures or to see what they are/not telling people, then its straight back to ATS.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hang on, you mean people actually get news from other places besides ATS?

Seriously, without ATS a lot of people not only in the USA but especially in Japan would be left uninformed, or taking in the strictly controlled news from the government and corporate entities involved.

You have one staff member that deserves his own praise here as well as every single member that has contributed (not me, I don't count
I'm just here to watch and learn) ... But this guy has taken time, and produced information and more, and literally answered questions that answers could not be found for elsewhere, and his uncanny common sense alone is simply amazing.

TheRedneck Good job.

ATS members are the best, simply the best... You can't find a better real time source for news and information and candid, educational, informative discussions in a time of crisis, or any time for that matter.

Content is everything, and who provides the content here?

All roads lead to... ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join