It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli airstrikes hit Gaza Strip

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by tristar

Of course, you are so right, I mean the Israeli Generals hate to be entirely presumptious that the US Taxpayer is going to pay for more munitions so they try to conserve for the sake of appearing thrify and not the huge financial and moral drain that they are.

See what i mean, its why civilized bombing is a must, it conserves arms, costs far less to the tax payer, as you mentioned, so its a win win situation all round, everyone is happy and go about their daily lives.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

reply to post by tristar

Of course, you are so right, I mean the Israeli Generals hate to be entirely presumptious that the US Taxpayer is going to pay for more munitions so they try to conserve for the sake of appearing thrify and not the huge financial and moral drain that they are.

See what i mean, its why civilized bombing is a must, it conserves arms, costs far less to the tax payer, as you mentioned, so its a win win situation all round, everyone is happy and go about their daily lives.

Well everyone but the Gazans and those of us with a moral compass that is fixed on a direction towards honest peaceful solutions to problems and disputes.

But hey you can't please all of the people all of the time and who cares if they don't have nuclear weapons of their own?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
As you can see by the quote below, this all actually started on Saturday. I posted it then.

By IAN DEITCH, Associated Press Ian Deitch, Associated Press – Sat Mar 19, 3:31 pm ET JERUSALEM –

Palestinian militants in Gaza fired more than 50 mortar shells into Israel on Saturday, the heaviest barrage in two years, Israeli officials said, raising the prospect of a new Mideast flareup. Also Saturday, Hamas police beat reporters and news photographers covering a rally in Gaza City, drawing a stiff condemnation from the reporters' association.

Full Article HERE

My whole thought about then was look what the left hand is doing while the everyone is focused on the right hand. Of course everyone went a tyrant about who was right and who was wrong. Seems everyone was missing the point about it was failing to hit the big news which normally it probably would have if there hadnt been so many other things going on.It also seemed to fade basically into obscurity.

Now it is finally back again. The thing is, if you read the article above, you will see Israel did retaliate that same day. Now it seems they are just taking a second shot. This I find curious. Almost like it all snuck under the radar the first time, what else can we get away with.

I myself am not really into the who is right and who is wrong, they have been arguing that for years and years. I just wonder about the Timing of it all and what it may very well be leading up too.

I mean think about it. The president isnt even in the country, Hillary has been pretty much speaking for him and doing the running around, which yes, that is her job for most part, but still. the big guns aren't in their usual places.

i just cant help but think a fuse has been lit while no one was looking. or. only the ones that lit it are aware they did it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Well everyone but the Gazans and those of us with a moral compass that is fixed on a direction towards honest peaceful solutions to problems and disputes.

But hey you can't please all of the people all of the time and who cares if they don't have nuclear weapons of their own?

Oh yes..forgot about those Gazans, hmm what to do , when to do what. Perhaps, i mean perhaps, if a no fly zone was imposed or suggested then perhaps the IDF would carpet bomb (in a civilized orderly manner) several hundred meters inland that way no more strikes, no need for fuel consumption by the IDF and once again, its a win win situation. Oh right, forgot about the loss of land on the part of the Gazans, well i say allow the food and medicine and chocolate to pass through the blockade and i think that should keep em quiet for another decade. Ah..i can see myself as the new head of the U.N., it seems like a piece of cake.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Well if the Gazans have no bread, I say let them eat cake.

The fact that you would let them enjoy chocolate cake just speaks of your generosity and kindness as the UN General Secretary.

Personally I think it a mistake as you are only going to invite complaints of there being no candied sprinkles on the cake.

Give them an inch, they will take a mile.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Well if the Gazans have no bread, I say let them eat cake.

The fact that you would let them enjoy chocolate cake just speaks of your generosity and kindness as the UN General Secretary.

Personally I think it a mistake as you are only going to invite complaints of there being no candied sprinkles on the cake.

Give them an inch, they will take a mile.

Hmm..obviously you have point, allow nothing to go through, continue bombing (in an orderly civilized manner ), then they wont be complaining about the sprinkles. I think you deserve the highest medal that can be awarded as a humanitarian.

See how easy it is to find a solution, continue for decades what works and everyone is happy, i mean why go out of ones way and create a huge load of paper work for chocolate and sprinkles, simply launch, 8 minutes unload the payload, re stock, thus providing more work from the complex, thus creating a stable economy. Forget the U.N. i think i should apply for the position of Earths Representative and Living God status.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

You mean we are not Earth's representatives and living Gods already?

Oh boy have I evidently overstepped my authority!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

You mean we are not Earth's representatives and living Gods already?

Oh boy have I evidently overstepped my authority!

Its okay, ill overlook it this time, but in the future there will be no chocolate for anybody.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Actually I double checked my contract which oddly enough is embedded in micro-print on one of those little strands of paper that comes out of the top of the foil in a Hershey's Kiss. It clearly states I am a living God and a representative of Earth though now that the All American Chocolate Factory is actually based in Mexico it took a while to translate it from Spanish to English.

I am pretty sure it says Living God though to tell you the truth the Latin verbs are a little tricky and might say God wants to know why you are still living?

In the meantime chocolate for everyone and open the sprinkle silos and let the Gazans have double rations.

Hip hip hooray!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

as you see on ATS it is not only the US administration that is worried but also some members on ATS do the same. they are worried about their money and the fact that NWO will be defeated.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I never understood how fair it was to bomb millions of people crammed between three walls the size of a small city and their back to the a mine filled sea.

They border only Israel and Egypt, which means limited mobility and trade not to mention that they have to get through check points to leave and get back in... so when times get really bad they lock them in and starve them and the global community dares call them terrorists for using homemade weapons. It's disturbing... how can they call this defending themselves? It's not defense, it's a blatant offense on civilians, schools and children.

Does this sound familiar at all? People locked into small spaces and mass killings? Genocide... It seems like the victims became the aggressors, definitely true in this instance.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Speaking for myself ...

The thing that makes it hard for me personally to support gaza and hamas etc over Israel is one that comes down to a relatively simple conundrum.

1. I like the jews better: While the jewish people I've known have sometimes shown the characters flaws present in all humans and are most DEFINITELY prone to pick the side of a fellow jew in an argument whether they feel that person is right or wrong. They don't ACTIVELY want me dead! This to me is a major plus!

2. Civilization and technology: I have found through my research that muslim controlled areas do not seem to be highly industrialized for the most part, and when they are the industrial facilities are usually owned and ran by non muslims that bring in contractors from other parts of the world to keep vital machinery running etc. I am not saying ALL muslim countries are this way but the ones that aren't this way are looked down upon by many muslims even.

Contrast this with Israel, which is one of the most high tech places on EARTH and a leader in Dozens of fields.

I personally ENJOY civilization and technology, and have no desire to live under sharia law. This makes any support or sympathy for the palestinians and those who support them hard to justify in my mind as they seem to be on the side of Entropy and Tyranny. (yes the muslim world is Tyrannical by any western definition Might makes RIGHT in the minds and ACTIONS of the people throughout that part of the world)

With all of this being said there is one other thing that bothers me. Namely it's the fact that the people agitating for their own state etc that SWEAR all they want to do is coexist had the chance to do EXACTLY THAT. They tried to drive the jews looking to be a part of PALESTINE! (yes they were in control until they LOST a war THEY started) On top of this we have the refugee situation and one has to question WHY exactly are there SO MANY people in that small area? When you actually do the research you will find it's because the so called "allies" of the palestinians are all fine and dandy with ARMING them so they can be a thorn in the side of the jews they all HATE. But when it comes to having an OUNCE OF DECENCY for causing much of what makes the Israelis unwilling to let the palestinians out into Israeli society at large you will find that these same countries WILL NOT ALLOW REFUGEES IN.

Yes you heard that right... the situation at hand is exacerbated and made worse by the supposed ALLY states of the palestinians all around them which will not take refugees and are only really interested in the plight of the people in gaza when they are mortaring the JEWS they all HATE!

COnclusion: You'd have to be stupid or misinformed to have anything but ambivalence for EITHER SIDE in the situation In my personal opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
and be sure and turn a blind eye to the israel nuke inventory.
the U.S. gubberment as well as the israel gubberment are same-o-same-o for the puppet masters.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Novus ordo seclorum

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

they should actually thank the IDF for maintaining a level of civilized bombing

wow, I never knew there was such a thing
as civilized bombing.
hmmm

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
people forget to mention that its because last night 7 rockets were shot from GAZA into israel killing two people. Hamas is to blame...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

they should actually thank the IDF for maintaining a level of civilized bombing

wow, I never knew there was such a thing
as civilized bombing.
hmmm

Welcome to New World Order

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
give the S-300 SAM to the Palestinians so they can protect themselves