It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compass Deviations/Rumble Noises

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm reading both threads and it's getting too much so if the mods don't mind, I wanted to start a new thread for generalized locations of both phenomenon.

I'm the guy that is doing the Google Map. I've got both the compass and rumble noises on the map. Yes, it's a lot of work. But it's necessary for my own peace of mind and I suspect others too.

Obviously, there is something going on. We need to map it all first to get a handle on what this is and whether they are related. I've seen the compass deviation as well as heard the rumble first hand so I am convinced that neither are "fake". Each thread is perfectly normal; they descend into name calling pretty quick so I hope we can avoid that. Just the observations.

Please go to the map and if you can manage it use the key below to put your general location on the map. If you can't manage the map, please u2u me. Or just give us the phenomenon and a general location in this thread. Links to compass instructions are below.

Red balloon= compass off. Blue line connects them. Put degrees off, date, time in the description
Green balloon= compass okay. Green line connects them.
Yellow pushpin= rumble noises. Put the date/time, direction of sound (if you can).

Both of these are odd enough that I feel that we should have an ongoing map of the locations that has both of them on it. We have a world wide reach so we can do this. Compass readings, follow the directions here. Just enter your zip code and Volia'! It even has a handy compass on a map to show you where magnetic north is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1b7ce9e055c.jpg[/atsimg]

I've been seeing a most definite correlation with the compass readings, you can't miss it. The rumble noises - some of the reports match up with the compass readings but I need a lot more points of reference.

Map as of 5:06 pm, EDST 21-3-2011

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/844f60d69d98.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Great job S + F just for the effort!
It looks as if there a rings in America of off compass readings, veery interesting

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Dude many kudos to you for all the work you are putting into all this
Sir you are indeed The Man
Keep up the good work and maybe you will be the one to find a relationship between these things, if there is one
My thanks to you

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yep, sure does look that way.

Over the past 24 hours, southwest U.S., the blue line has moved up. I'm capturing images every 12 hours or so to compare at some point.

If we can get as many readings and observations as possible, we'll see if there is more of a correlation between any of this. I'm ambivalent about it either way. Not surprised either.

Also thinking about setting up a web cam of my compass which is adjusted to the correct declination. Be the most boring one in the world. Ought to be popular.
edit on 21-3-2011 by billxam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Aded my information on the map, and thanks for creating it. I think this is going to turn into one reall great batch of raw data to go through.

For reference... Fort Wayne, Indiana, with 3 different compasses, all off by about 30 degrees. Multiple locations tested. All are showing ENE as being North.

The same in Markle, Indiana, with my brother testing his 3 different compasses (including a digital one installed on his dash) in multiple spots, all showing the same results. 30 degrees off, ENE for North.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

The webcam idea is not a bad one, especially if you can capture any movement of the pointer going on!

Would be interesting to see if it moves over time in high speed once you review it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Im in detroit and i was a ltl freaked out by the thunder last night just cuz it didnt sound right...carried for 2-3 minutes at a time with alot deeper roar then usual..... im a storm lover so for this to even make me nervous is a ltl off.....i really dunno what it means.........but is there any possible way it could be a vaccume of some kind seeing as how were supposely supposed to line up with the dark rift soon? i could be totally off but ive seen so many ideas i wanted to throw mine out there.......but to me it sounded as if there was a hole in the sky rather than a roll of thunder.....wierrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!!!!!!! usually only noise round here is all the dynomiting couple miles down because we live over morton salt mines.... and occasional explosion from the steal plant when water drops into the blast furnace ...... 26 years here in detroit and never heard anything like last nights thunder......

could be nothin ...could be somethin....but i hope somethin is figured out soon....

Seems like the world is in the bathroom takin a monster $hit..... hopefully it feels better when its done....gotta have build up or somethin....just wild!

WISH EVERYONE PURE SAFTY AND GOOD DAYS AHEAD

-JagSR

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Unless everyone giving you compass reading is reading their compasses the same/right way, your info...is going to be askew from the get go!!

Unless everyone knows 100% where true north is, so they can position their compass base "not the spinny thing in the middle"
Then after propper postioning, then add for declination, then give you an answer from that, off the center piece that is magnetized....its not gonna work!

Thats what I cant get through anyones head...a standar ole compass or phone app for that matter is a two part read!

compass body needs to be positioned to "true north" the part that swivels will then read magnetic north, and you must then read a chart of your area to compensate for declination....
I just wanted to try tp see if you could set compass reading standards early...before you get 90 pages of useless data....
edit on 21-3-2011 by Doc Holiday because: ocd and boxs

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JagSR

oh yeah P.S my bro also came over this morn and was sayin he was outside smokin a cigg when a huge thunder hit and literally shattered his back window of his car? i was like commmmmmon dude yea right but he swears he was right next to it when it happened and it scared the hell out of em... MY BROTHER IS 37! works at a steele mill, has a awesome house and his $hit together for the most part...so seems he is being completely real about it....

never heard of thunder takin out windows but i dunno is it possible? i know its very deep tone and all but damn im 31 and never seen or heard of anything like that.....

-JagSR if i hear of anything new ill post a.s.a.p hope everyone does the same.....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Uh

Isn't this the New Madrid Fault line.
The pins look like the epicenter models of an earthquake along that fault.
Excuse me if someone already pointed that out.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

I'd go with a healthy assumption that at least 50% of the people posting will likely know what they are doing with a compass, while the other 50% might be skewed.

I, for one, know what I am doing, since I had to do satellite installations for a job (not an easy job sometimes lol). That's definitely one biz you need to know what you're doing with our little magnetic friends

My 50% guesstimate is just that, but it's based on the amount of people I know, personally, that are clueless and know what they are doing. It's pretty close to a 50/50 split. (lots of old boy scouts round these parts lol)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Thanks, Doc. I know it can be a kind of crap shoot sometimes but if we get say 5 green balloon and one red, we can throw out the red one. I've accounted for that. I hope.

So every few pages when everyone gets off track, we'll just do the old pasteroo.

Compass readings, follow the directions here. Just enter your zip code and Volia'! It even has a handy compass on a map to show you where magnetic north is.

P.S. Lots of head shaking, "Why do you do it to yourself? Idiot." here at the house. Apparently, I've done projects like this before.

edit on 21-3-2011 by billxam because: added content

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by billxam

P.S. Lots of head shaking, "Why do you do it to yourself? Idiot." here at the house. Apparently, I've done projects like this before.

edit on 21-3-2011 by billxam because: added content

ahaha I've got a few of those, myself, Billxam. Chalk it all up to a learning experience.

Tell people you have to do SOMETHING with your time, now that Spring is approaching

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Good job on the map. I have been reading the original threads as well..I haven't posted in either one of them because like you said too much bickering. I do however have a question for you. Has anyone submitted any videos of the skewed compas readings? I honestly think this needs to be done for clarification.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just for giggles I added the known HAARP installations. Green arrow with asterisk.

You'll also see that the rumble sound mapping is showing a pattern also, although it's too early to tell about that.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Coordinates 38.163 lat
85.814 long
Compass seems to within 5 degrees
Will get another reading when the moon comes up just to double check
Oh,elevation is 783ft
No strange noises
I put my compass on top on my iPad running compass pro app
And it was half degree off.
Then when I was using a piece of metal to mark a spot on my table,it threw
Both of then off
edit on 21-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Very well done!!

I'll be watching this one as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Could this have something to do with it?

www.earth-matters.nl...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Question, why is the vast majority of reading concentrated in the US? I am guessing just not enough input from the other countries but had to ask.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
FIrst off, I live in Western Kentucky. A week or so ago my co-workers and I heard what sounded like an explosion... it was quick, just a loud boom. We weren't the only ones ,as a couple of vehicles stopped and the drivers got out and looked around.. strange thing, there was nothing to be seen. That being said, could these booms and prolonged thunder rolling sounds be plates rubbing or stretching, whatever they do... and would that explain the compasses as well? I am just curious. . .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join