It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation and Tap water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here's a link to what I think is an important article.
www.bestmetalresearch.com...
In short many people do not realize that their tap water often comes from open air sources like Rivers and Lakes.
If nuclear radiation is in the air then it is in the water too, water plants are not equipped to remove it.
As always, do the research and be sure of the safety before you proceed on any plan.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

To be honest I have a general idea of the source of my tap water but I'm not 100% sure.

In any case, I'm not sure bottled water is the answer, because some bottled water makers get their water from the tap just like I do, and I'm not sure they filter out radioactive particles any better than my home filter does. Maybe specific bottled water makers have water sources that aren't susceptible to radioactive fallout but I have no idea which bottled water makers those would be, but possibly spring water sources could be less contaminated, though depending on the geology they could also become more contaminated. I don't think there's a simple answer.

Anyway I'm sure it's a much larger issue in Japan right now, than anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
i wondered about this a week ago..contamination of thier local water supply..might be rendered useless.
this is one time for sure, bottled water would be a good thing! have it imported on SFAE groudn opposing winds of radiaiton n hand em out free.

join