It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Why does the old testament law state that the only penalty a man must face for raping a woman is to marry her and pay off the father with silver?

This does not sound sane at all by modern standards.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by KJV1611

Why do races of men not from the tribe of the Hebrews place importance on them? Wouldn't it be like a modern descendant of the Hebrews to follow a religion from the Cherokee tribe?

Races of men do this....because the God of the Bible puts importance on them.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet. Just read Exodus, Joshua, Judges, and the rest of the old testament for more examples! There endless.

So...you don't want bible-bashing...but Jew bashing is okay?

Not Jewish btw, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

You have no idea do you? God himself wanted to kill the whole lot of Israel..twice!! just in the book of Exodus for the things I wrote. You do know, love the jews and I know they will own this whole planet soon, but I am not so politically correct as to not state the obvious. Read your Bible and tell e what I wrote is false. Stop being of PC and positive, and learn to think negative.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

The Holy bible is the authority in this instance, not some dead language. Get the Bible definition for wine and you have your answer. I posted it above ↑

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I posted what was available in the Bibles text. Other than that, it would only be speculation. What, did you expect me to just make something up? Read my OP again. The whole thing this time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,
Romans 1:3

Why does this verse imply that Jesus was born of the seed of David when in two of the four gospels it is Claimed that we was born of a Virgin?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by bogomil

Well, I was kind enough to reference a Christian website and a Christian concordance of Greek for the word used. I can even provide the specific passage in classical Greek if need be...so no need to shirk away from the argument from authority.

Once again, go play with your dead language else where. I am dealing with the English King James Bible here with its own self defining system for words.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
1)Why does god display anger if he is all powerful?
Anger in human beings usually stems from fear this would seem to imply that god is threatened by something and must act out in anger which does not seem to qualify him as all powerful if he is not even in control of his emotions.

2)If god is all loving all powerful and all merciful why in the old testaments does he rely on crude means to bring things to justice such as the flood to kill all people and life on earth with the exception of Noah and his family.
Or the plagues in exodus?
Would it not be easier to just dematerialize painlessly what ever it is that he does not like especially if he is a loving and merciful being?

3)Where does the idea that god is Love come from it sounds like double speak? Reading the bible it doesn't seem
that god loves much of any body or is really satisfied with anything. It would seem to be more accurate to say
god is fear, god is hate, or god is war it sounds silly to claim that god is love. I can't put love in the same context
with a being that likes to torture people like Job or thinks flooding the world is a good solution to a problem
or whose solution to sin is having his son executed in a horrendous fashion.

4)Is Jesus Yahweh incarnate or is he the son offspring of yahweh?

5)If god is the father and jesus is the son then who is the mother?

6)Why does god have a male gender?

7)Where is heaven located? In ancient days people would point up.
But in modern times astronomy and space exploration has shown that space is a vacuum filled with other stars
planets and asteroids but as of yet the Hubble telescope has not seen any winged angels or heavenly host just nebula's and other star systems.
In space their is no up and down up and down are only relative to planet earth.

these will do for now though I could come up with a ton more

Too long, I read the first one and moved on. I promise to come back to you though when I catch up. PM me if I forget.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

This is just what the Bible says man, I can't add nor take away from it. I only relay what I have read in the Holy Bible.....since so many obviously have not...

Im not here to judge my friend, but what you type does reflect your beliefs...

And my belief is in God and his Son Jesus Christ. And the Bible of course, so I stand by what I type

unless I make errors....which is highly likely with the massive response today!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by KJV1611

Why do races of men not from the tribe of the Hebrews place importance on them? Wouldn't it be like a modern descendant of the Hebrews to follow a religion from the Cherokee tribe?

Races of men do this....because the God of the Bible puts importance on them.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet. Just read Exodus, Joshua, Judges, and the rest of the old testament for more examples! There endless.

So...you don't want bible-bashing...but Jew bashing is okay?

Not Jewish btw, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

You have no idea do you? God himself wanted to kill the whole lot of Israel..twice!! just in the book of Exodus for the things I wrote. You do know, love the jews and I know they will own this whole planet soon, but I am not so politically correct as to not state the obvious. Read your Bible and tell e what I wrote is false. Stop being of PC and positive, and learn to think negative.

You obviously are not qualified to answer questions about the Bible. God didn't pick the Jews, He made a covenant with Abraham, the father of Jews.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Why do humans resemble both physically and genetically other primates primarily apes?
Why do humans share characteristics with other mammals such as the production of milk for offspring warm blood
and hair?

If god wanted to demonstrate that he was without a doubt our creator would it not have been better for him to design
us with nothing in common with any animal species on the planet?

Perhaps if we had eyes in both the front and the back of our head and had six arms and were primarily made of silicon instead of carbon and we breathed nitrogen instead of oxygen then the case might be argued that their is no possible way that we could have any relationship to any of the animal species on this earth.
Maybe then we could believe that we were made from mud and dirt and god breathed life into us.

Another question why would god need to Breath? Does god have organs like lungs and require oxygen?

ehh.....not really much in the Bible on the first parts of your question, but any animals look like each other. Horses and Zebras for one of thousand examples. As for God having a body/organs. He did in the form of Jesus Christ as he hunger, thirsted, and died. But rose again...of course

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

God is a racist,
reply to post by KJV1611

I'm glad that you are being open an honest about this a lot of people tiptoe around issues like this but your just laying it out on the table.

Oh, there is much more people don't like to hear about. The simple fact is, 80% of the Bible is negative. And seeing how the Bible is basically a history of the Human/Jewish race....this makes much more sense. We people are born sinners...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

Sort of dipping out of my realm, but yeah, sounds about right to me. You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people. Jesus Christ dying and making a way for all people to God, Jew and Gentile is what makes the New testament so wonderful.

Let me correct you my friend, God isn't a racist he loves all of his creation, every last bit of it. Also God is not a segregationist though it seems your bible might tell you otherwise. These are religious issues, mans issues, these are not problems of God...
Im afraid you have been fooled...

oh really?

Want me to post about 100 verses that say otherwise? God chose one man out of millions. One nation out of thousands. And then told the they could not marry out of their own people. This alone shows racial favoritism and modern day segregation. More to come if you want a wall of Bible text.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

Sort of dipping out of my realm, but yeah, sounds about right to me. You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people. Jesus Christ dying and making a way for all people to God, Jew and Gentile is what makes the New testament so wonderful.

Let me correct you my friend, God isn't a racist he loves all of his creation, every last bit of it. Also God is not a segregationist though it seems your bible might tell you otherwise. These are religious issues, mans issues, these are not problems of God...
Im afraid you have been fooled...

oh really?

Want me to post about 100 verses that say otherwise? God chose one man out of millions. One nation out of thousands. And then told the they could not marry out of their own people. This alone shows racial favoritism and modern day segregation. More to come if you want a wall of Bible text.

Bible quotes mean nothing to me my friend unless you're quoting the man...

Believe what you will but im afraid to say you're lacking in your answers to these people...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by KJV1611

This of course was an image of disobedience, rebellion, murder, and of course, perverted love. All because Adam loved Eve more than he loved his God...

So we were all created in Adam's image... hmm. So we are a bunch of murderous, perverted rebels. I assume that is why we are all sinners unless we take Jesus H. Christ as our savior.

And on that note, if everyone came from Adam... Why all the different races? Black, White, Asian, Indian, etc....?

Also, another question, if you take Jesus to be your savior but you still act like "Adam", does that mean you are still saved. Are people allowed slip ups? Is it okay to be kinda, sorta religious?

When you get saved, its your soul that God cleans and saves from hell. Its up to you to clean your own wicked flesh and bring it under subjection. Yes, you still sin after you get saved, only because you now have two nature. The born again nature, and the old fleshly nature.

The different races come Noah and his three sons, where he is told to "replenish the earth" just like Adam was told.....

You get the skin color from where they migrated too as well as the curses and blessing that were placed on the by Noah:

Genesis 9:18-29
"18 And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan.
19 These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.
20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:
21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.
22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.
24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.
25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
28 And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years.
29 And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died. "

notice the "wine" always dealing with nakedness and sex? Hak 2:15...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

"I will render vengeance to mine enemies and will reward them that hate me."

Why would god have enemies? What could possibly hurt and harm an all powerful immortal being that it would have enemies that it would need to take vengeance out on?
Why would an all powerful loving being have a need for vengeance or revenge?

HEBREWS 10:29
"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under FOOT the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? "

John 3:35-36
"35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. "

Who do you think his "enemies" are now?
edit on 21-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
When Jesus acceded into heaven after his resurrection it seems to imply that he went up into the sky or flew upward. This would imply that he eventually reached outer space in his resurrected physical form.
I would assume that he no longer needed to physically breath since he just got resurrected so the vacuum of space would no longer be a problem.

So assuming this premise what means of propulsions did Jesus use to fly through outer space on his way to heaven where ever that might be perhaps in the center of the milky way galaxy many light years away?

so Is that why Jesus is taking so long to return because he must fly the many light years from heaven through outer space back to earth?

When Jesus was ascending to heaven did he stop by any of the planets like Mars or Jupiter or did he just make a qiuck fly by like the voyager probe?
edit on 21-3-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

"I will render vengeance to mine enemies and will reward them that hate me."

Why would god have enemies? What could possibly hurt and harm an all powerful immortal being that it would have enemies that it would need to take vengeance out on?
Why would an all powerful loving being have a need for vengeance or revenge?

HEBREWS 10:29
"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under FOOT the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? "

John 3:35-36
"35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. "

Who do you think his "enemies" are now?
edit on 21-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

alright i see...

edit on 21-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

link   

People who desire revenge or seek vengeance do not seem all powerful and loving they seem insane.
But I suppose the answer is that it is ok because it is god.
Its ok and perfectly rational for god to get revenge on something he created since it is his creation after all.
Its kind off like an artist getting revenge on his canvas by ripping it up in a fit of rage because he doesn't like what he painted..................................I guess.
edit on 21-3-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

I guess....too?

Genesis 6:5-6
"5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. "

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
How does one get the eternal life promised by Jesus?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

I hope that wasn't directed at me...

Let me ask you this...

You said..

Since when did quoting truth require protocol?

and...

You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet.

Are you sure this is truth?

Is it truth because thats what is says in your bible, or is that what you feel in your heart?

My heart? My bleeding heart?!?!?!? Don't say such a thing again

JEREMIAH 17:9
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

What I write, comes from the Bible. If you doubt me, tell me to quote you a verse, I'm not shy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join