It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Hello Autowrench,
I have been reading your posts long enough to know that I am not likely to change your mind, but I hope to give you something to think about.

The message of Christ is unlike the message in any other religious book. Each of earth’s religions from Paganism to modern religions teaches us that we must overcome sin. They also teach us that the better we get at overcoming sin the more enlightened or more pleasing to God we become. Even the Old Testament (Old Covenant) teaches man by this method. But these religions all have the simple flaw of man living in a constant state of sin and repentance.

Jesus did not teach this way, unfortunately many are unaware that Jesus taught anything different because organized Christianity in most cases have actually taught one of two ways. One is a way of fear that you will be going to hell. The other method has been you have been forgiven so now go out and be good because you know your father loves you. So you see most Churches still teach us to live in that constant state of sin and repentance.

If this was truly the message that Christ taught than I would admit defeat and tell you that you must be right.
But this is not the case.

Christ taught that there was a better way. He taught us to the point of his crucifixion to follow the will of God. He told us that we were incapable of righteousness living by the law. So what he asks is for us to nail our will to the cross and accept the will of our father as our guide. The will of God is love.

If you look at what God asks, respect authority, suffer persecution, turn the other cheek, and have faith that you believe in the living God that has promised resurrection, then you see that Jesus indeed followed the will of his father all the way to the cross. Now he is calling us to do the same. Put away our sinful nature and follow the will of our father.

If one can have the faith to believe this message, Jesus taught that we would receive a helper, the Holy Spirit, which would always help us to know the will of God. This way we do not have to guess what the will of our father is because if we ask the answer will be provided by the Holy Spirit that lives in us.

So you see the message of Christ is the message of salvation. The reason it was not given to Israel is because they rejected God so God gave them the King and laws that they asked for. Jesus came to show us the way of God. And since he came fully a man he can be our high priest, our teacher, our King because he was tempted in every way we are, but overcame sin. If we follow him and listen to the guide he provided, the Holy Spirit, we can indeed break free from the cycle of sin and repentance. Yes God is calling us to be free from the sins that destroy us.

I hope that you realize, if nothing else, that the message that Christ brought was remarkably different than any other religion. If you were taught anything different or less than what I am saying then you were taught by a false teacher. My hope is that someday you can see for yourself the Glory of this message that can be simplified in these terms.

Have faith, Choose to do God’s will. God’s will is love.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

The message of Christ is unlike the message in any other religious book. Each of earth’s religions from Paganism to modern religions teaches us that we must overcome sin. They also teach us that the better we get at overcoming sin the more enlightened or more pleasing to God we become.

You say that as if other religons dont instruct followers to overcome sin.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

This is the reason that without the Holy Spirit to guide them they will never get the true understanding of the words.

Without intending to offend the Holy Spirit....

What about the many false teachers who claim that they too are working according to the Holy Spirit?
How do you tell the difference between the liars and those who are speaking the truth.

It all boils down to your personal interpretation.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by sacgamer25

The message of Christ is unlike the message in any other religious book. Each of earth’s religions from Paganism to modern religions teaches us that we must overcome sin. They also teach us that the better we get at overcoming sin the more enlightened or more pleasing to God we become.

You say that as if other religons dont instruct followers to overcome sin.
I think you missed the point and probably by no fault of your own but it is a little hard to follow unless you already understand the concept.
Sin is not just doing something wrong according to a predetermined set of rules but a disassociation from God's spirit. Jesus died to bring us back into that association of a spiritual nature, then those physical realities of our acts will fall into a conformity with what is going on spiritually.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

What about the many false teachers who claim that they too are working according to the Holy Spirit?
How do you tell the difference between the liars and those who are speaking the truth.

No, it doesn't boil down to personal interpretation. Who told you that lie? You really don't know the Bible at all do you? Even the Koran says how you can know who is true and who is false. (But I use the Bible, sooooo yeah).

Matthew 7:16-24
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them BY THEIR FRUITS. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore BY THEIR FRUITS ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

You practice what THE BIBLE preaches if you are a Christians. You practice what the Koran teaches if you are a Muslim. Fruits are the ultimate litmus test.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

P.s. I'm getting tired of you just asking questions if you are not going to respond to the answers posted to you. You have yet to reply to an answer giving you (as far as I can remember). Join the conversation bud. Don't just stand outside and throw questions like rocks. Reply to some of the answers already or you will not get and more answers.

That goes for all the "players" on this thread.
edit on 23-12-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Sin is not just doing something wrong according to a predetermined set of rules but a disassociation from God's spirit.

But the sins that people commit result in that "disassociation from God's spirit"... or God, in whatever way people understand God.

No religious jew, muslim, hindu, whatever can claim he can live a life of sin and still be obedient to God, (though many are deluded so)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Actually sk0rpion is a little right. When you say bible alone you are saying interpretation alone. Why else is there so many thousand branches of protestantism, each convinced they know the truth? Without a body with the authority to interpret scripture it's all up to how you read it. A new trend that I'm noticing on the internet is preachers saying there is no hell.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Very good gabby2011. I was about to set this statement straight from autowrench:

Well, they should, I guess. Paul of Tarsus started the Christian religion, some call is a highjacking of the original teachings, after all, it was Paul who said one must be circumcised to be saved:

But you have done a fantastic job at it. So much for "educated people" not being able to read simple 4th grade English
(sorry autowrench, this was a careless mistake on your part
)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Matthew 7:16-24
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them BY THEIR FRUITS. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

I dont see how that verse helps your argument.

A Roman catholic / Jehovahs witness / Mormon / any other faction that you dont agree with can also use that same verse against you and claim that YOU dont have the holy spirit. How would you deal with that?

As an "outsider", all I see are various factions of christians accusing other christians as being devoid of the holy spirit because they have a different interpretation of the same bible that they quote from.

I'm not even sure who the true christians are....and I will NOT trust anyone who claims he is a true christians.

There is most definitely a margin of error that applies to every christian....or anybody else for that matter.

edit on 23-12-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You practice what THE BIBLE preaches if you are a Christians.

Given how Jehovahs witnesses, catholics, mormons etc all have pretty much the same bible and call themselves "christians"... the amount of differences between them is astonishing.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Actually sk0rpion is a little right.
GASP!!!

When you say bible alone you are saying interpretation alone.

So I guess you know something that Peter didn't know huh?

2 Peter 1:20
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private INTERPRETATION.

Why else is there so many thousand branches of protestantism, each convinced they know the truth?
That's pretty easy too

MATTHEW 7:14
"Because strait is the gate, and NARROW IS THE WAY, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Heaven forbid......but most of the religions/protestant denomenations......are WRONG. Or at least in serious error:

MATTHEW 22:29
"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, NOT KNOWING THE SCRIPTURES, nor the power of God."

Without a body with the authority to interpret scripture it's all up to how you read it.

I have a body, that the Holy Spirit lives in! Now guess who interprets the scriptures?

John 16:12-15, 1 Corinthians 2:9-11 Read these on your own as they are a little long. I, by the power and AUTHORITY of God, can interpret the scriptures through the Holy Spirits guidance. This is irrefutable.

A new trend that I'm noticing on the internet is preachers saying there is no hell.

It will get worse. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

MATTHEW 7:14
"Because strait is the gate, and NARROW IS THE WAY, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

You quote verses, which ANY JW/Mormon/Catholic can use to defend themselves.
Why is it supposed to be so special coming from you?

My point is.... EVERYBODY calling themselves "christian" claims he is on the narrow path that few find.

How are you so sure that you are on that path?

You might say "holy spirit".... but so do other christians.

MATTHEW 22:29
"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, NOT KNOWING THE SCRIPTURES, nor the power of God."

Again, even a false teacher can quote that same verse to his advantage and claim that YOU, also a christian do not know the scriptures and the power of God.

edit on 23-12-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

KJV1611: You practice what THE BIBLE preaches if you are a Christians.

Given how Jehovahs witnesses, catholics, mormons etc all have pretty much the same bible and call themselves "christians"... the amount of differences between them is astonishing.

Which obviously show they are not Christians......correct? Is this to hard to understand? If you use the Bible as your religion....Yet do not follow the Bible's teachings, you are a false prophet, wolf in sheep's clothing. You get it now? I can tell who a Christian is within 2 minutes of talking with them. Almost all Christians can, just ask some.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Which obviously show they are not Christians......correct? Is this to hard to understand? If you use the Bible as your religion....Yet do not follow the Bible's teachings, you are a false prophet, wolf in sheep's clothing. You get it now? I can tell who a Christian is within 2 minutes of talking with them. Almost all Christians can, just ask some.

You are simply using the old "Im right, your'e wrong" method to judge people, despite the fact that all those people I was referring to use the same bible as you. They too can quote anything from the bible to prove that THEY are correct and YOU are wrong.

Secondly, your claim that you can tell who a christian is within 2 minutes of talking with them, simply reeks of pride and shows that you are simply trusting your own instincts to make a judgement on people.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I think for you to get the answer you want, you need to look into these religions practices and compare them to the Bible, or ask me about it if you wanted too. I already know ALL of these religions practices and I know for a fact they do not match up to what the Bible teaches. Most people know this as well.

For instance:

--As a Christians, the Holy Bible is my FINAL AUTHORITY on all matters of FAITH and PRACTICE.

--For Catholics, it is the Pope, Church History and Traditions, and then the Bible. And if The Bible contradicts with the Pope or traditions, the Bible is superseded. Ask any catholic, they will tell you the same. In fact, this rule is in their Catechism "rule book"
(as if Christians needed any more rules)

--Muslims, the clerics, Imams, Sheiks, the "holy" Haddith, the bible, and the Koran are the final authorities. As well as the life of muhammod books.

-- For Mormons, the Book of Mormon, the Bible (KJV too! believe it or not) The 12 apostles at the Salt lake temple in Utah (
), Joseph Smith himself, and the President of the Mormon Church. As well as the "stake" leaders in their local wards.

--For Jehovah Witnesses.....they wrote their own bible called the New Living Translation to accommodate their beliefs since the KJV did not
, the watch tower publications, and something else that slips my memory.

--As for protestants...well the list is large to say the least. But the main differences are
1. The Bible itself. (KJV verses all the other trash)
2. Baptism and how it should be done.
3. Communion.
4. Music!!!!!
5. Standards.
6. etc....

--As for Jews.....the bunch of hard headed crazies! I am amazed at the stupidity of the Jews through out the Bible. BUT, I still pray for them and will not curse them for they are BELOVED in the Fathers eyes. Plus they will own the world very soon. You guys just think you know what Zionism is....you haven't seen nothing yet.

edit on 23-12-2011 by KJV1611 because: spelling....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by jmdewey60

Sin is not just doing something wrong according to a predetermined set of rules but a disassociation from God's spirit.

But the sins that people commit result in that "disassociation from God's spirit"... or God, in whatever way people understand God.

No religious jew, muslim, hindu, whatever can claim he can live a life of sin and still be obedient to God, (though many are deluded so)
This is where Jesus comes in, to fix that broken relationship (caused by the entrance of sin).
Through Jesus there is a redefining of what is sin. See my thread: Sin, What is it, and is it Anything We Need to be Concerned About? Specifically two posts by me where I give examples of what the word means.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

This is the reason that without the Holy Spirit to guide them they will never get the true understanding of the words.

Without intending to offend the Holy Spirit....

No, it boils down to the will of Christ. As the Holy Spirit interprets the message for you, you shall see the true meaning but the meaning shall be biblical and will coincide with what is in the bible both old testament and new testament and you can use the two books to cross reference the other for the proof because the meaning will be written in the passages of both books. The interpretation will stand as the 2 witnesses will agree with the meaning of the words.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You are simply using the old "Im right, your'e wrong" method to judge people,
Ohh but I am not. I am using the HOLY BIBLE to judge them....not my own instincts. Prove me wrong.

They too can quote anything from the bible to prove that THEY are correct and YOU are wrong.
oh no they can not either. I have yet met another person from these cults that I couldn't prove within 30 minutes of talking with them that they were wrong FROM THE BIBLE alone. Not my own opinion. You see, its very easy to disprove someone if they use the Bible as their guide....yet do not follow it. They stick out like a sore thumb.

Secondly, your claim that you can tell who a christian is within 2 minutes of talking with them, simply reeks of pride and shows that you are simply trusting your own instincts to make a judgement on people.
Most all Christians can tell who is a Christian or not by three different methods that can be obtained within 2 minutes:

1. The view of salvation by Jesus Christ and His shed blood for sinners. (the main way)
2. Our spirits can "feel" it. (you may not understand this one, but Christian do. We are spiritual beings now after all:
Romans 8:14-16
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: All us Christians have the same Holy Spirit dealing within us after all.
3. "By their fruits, ye shall know them" The proof is always in the pudding
You say how can I know their fruits in 2 minutes? Easy......their "appearance". Clothes they wear, piercings, etc. And of course I have Bible to back me up on this point as well....as usual....as Always. Chew on that for a while.
edit on 23-12-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

KJV1611: You practice what THE BIBLE preaches if you are a Christians.

That is one way. The other way is observing their works and actions, specifically to how they treat their fellow man. An easy way to tell a psuedo-christian from a real one, is watch his actions and how he lives his life. If his spirit has not changed him into a new person and he has not embraced this transformation then he is a hypcrit.

Jesus changed my life when i accepted him. I was heavy into sexual immorality with orgies, sex parties, drugs, alcohol andi was having sex with a married woman. I revelled in what i was but when he changed me i had remorse for doing those things. He gave a sociopath a conscience when i had none. I literally believe i had no soul or spirit because i felt dead inside and i didn't care about anything or anyone. I heard him call me, he called me by name.
edit on 23-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join