It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Sort of dipping out of my realm, but yeah, sounds about right to me. You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people. Jesus Christ dying and making a way for all people to God, Jew and Gentile is what makes the New testament so wonderful.

Let me correct you my friend, God isn't a racist he loves all of his creation, every last bit of it. Also God is not a segregationist though it seems your bible might tell you otherwise. These are religious issues, mans issues, these are not problems of God...

Im afraid you have been fooled...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

This of course was an image of disobedience, rebellion, murder, and of course, perverted love. All because Adam loved Eve more than he loved his God...

So we were all created in Adam's image... hmm. So we are a bunch of murderous, perverted rebels. I assume that is why we are all sinners unless we take Jesus H. Christ as our savior.

And on that note, if everyone came from Adam... Why all the different races? Black, White, Asian, Indian, etc....?

Also, another question, if you take Jesus to be your savior but you still act like "Adam", does that mean you are still saved. Are people allowed slip ups? Is it okay to be kinda, sorta religious?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

"I will render vengeance to mine enemies and will reward them that hate me."

Why would god have enemies? What could possibly hurt and harm an all powerful immortal being that it would have enemies that it would need to take vengeance out on?
Why would an all powerful loving being have a need for vengeance or revenge?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Children who refuse to obey their parents must be executed.....do christian children nowadays not misbehave?

He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 21:17

Children who mock their parents will have their eyes plucked out by ravens and eaten by eagles....is this normal practice or do you ignore this part like the one above??

The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it. -- Proverbs 30:17

Like Abraham, parents should be willing to kill their children for God....how many children have you killed???

And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and ... offer him there for a burnt offering.... And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. -- Genesis 22:2,10

Very good questions, yet some what biblically ignorant. But that was why I made this thread, to answer such questions!

Your quoted verse that were very much used and important when they were used. But alas, these are Old testament commandments to Hebrews who had to follow the law.
When Jesus Christ came, he kept the whole Mosaic law so know one ever had to again! Cause as you can read, these were very rough and hard to keep laws, let alone practice them.

GALATIANS 3:24-25
"Wherefore the law was our SCHOOLMASTER to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a SCHOOLMASTER."

I have about 40 other verses that say this same thing if you want them, this was just the quickest one I had in memory.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
People who desire revenge or seek vengeance do not seem all powerful and loving they seem insane.
But I suppose the answer is that it is ok because it is god.
Its ok and perfectly rational for god to get revenge on something he created since it is his creation after all.
Its kind off like an artist getting revenge on his canvas by ripping it up in a fit of rage because he doesn't like what he painted..................................I guess.
edit on 21-3-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Its not an assumption. Its the only logical answer that is provided in the Bible. Unless of course some critters survived the Gap theory destructive universe flood, and shacked up with one of them, or a devil which produced mythical creatures, but these of course are all REAL assumptions.

Just chalk it up to Cain being marked, and cursed and thus was left out of scripture from then on, and only used as a by word.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Another question...whys there so many contradictions in all versions of the bible?? If its gods word....why would he make so many mistakes and contradictions?

For example :

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Jesus' last words.....

MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

Your questions are more of an essay then a question....anyway

Jesus was born a man, and when he wanted to, he used his manhood to prove points. Son of man, and Son of God. Born a man so he could know what we felt, and die for us so we wouldn't have too die. He offers eternal life to those who receive him.
God came down to dwell in flesh to pay for our way to heaven, just by believing in him:

1 TIMOTHY 3:16
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was MANIFEST in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Notice that word "mystery"? You can either believe it, or trust your own feelings and opinions gathered from fellow man.

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why do Jewish people claim that satan is an angel that is under gods comand and can not do any thing outside of gods will?

Where as some Christians claim that satan is at war with God almost as if he is on equal footing with almost as much if not more power then god? Christians tend to blame a lot bad things on this planet on satan making him seem more powerful then god and there by presenting the case where god is to weak to keep satan from screwing around with humanity.

But nothing seems more absurd then blaming something like an earthquake on either God or Satan depending on what type of sermon is going to be preached by some nut job evangelist.

Using this type of logic the only conclusion one could come to is Satan could kill you in an earthquake God could kill you in Earthquake better side with god to protect you from satan but you never know god could still kill you in an earthquake.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

You didn't even read verse 10 of John chapter 2 did you? Lazy....Do you know what the word wine means? Did you know it has 2 meaning in the context of what we are talking about? Did you know almost every word has more than one meaning. Check out any word in any dictionary for example. It will have 1. meaning, 2. meaning. 3 meaning or other use of a word. 4. etc...

Wine (fresh grape juice) and wine (fermented grape juice) are the same thing. To only difference is TIME! If grape juice is left out for long, even for a day, it ferments. This is what verse 10 is saying. READ! or better yet, open your eyes:

Ezekiel 12:2
"Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house. "

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Jesus was born a man, and when he wanted to, he used his manhood to prove points. Son of man, and Son of God. Born a man so he could know what we felt, and die for us so we wouldn't have too die. He offers eternal life to those who receive him.
God came down to dwell in flesh to pay for our way to heaven, just by believing in him:

reply to post by KJV1611

How could an all knowing being not know what it is like to be human? This states that god is deficient in the knowledge of what it is like to be human therefore it contradicts the premise that god has all knowledge because he obviously does not have the knowledge of what it is like to be human yet he supposedly created humans in the first place. Yet it states that something he created is completely alien to his knowledge.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by KJV1611

Are you a priest?

Yes. I am a biblical priest, not a catholic or orthodox priest. Just a King James Bible Believing, hell firing preaching, pro Israel loving child of God. Can you guess my denomination?

No, I am not saying you are homeless or Mentally unstable... Just that anyone can say they are a preacher.... I am asking for your qualifications to answer these questions? So, are you ordained or not? If so, under which church are you ordained?

Are you saying I have to be a religious authority to be able to read MY OWN king james bible and give answers from it? Since when did quoting truth require protocol? Are you the feds or something?

Just so you know, I am very qualified to gives answers from the Bible.

Number one: I can read.
Number two: I can read English.
Number three: I am saved and have a relationship with my savior.
Number four: I have the preserved words of God in the King James Bible.
Number five and the biggest reason: I believe everything I read in God's Holy Bible

That is all the qualifications you get for now. If its not good enough, leave.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I am going in order and have replied to each user thus far. So what are you talking about? Stay mature or leave.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Another question why would god need to Breath? Does god have organs like lungs and require oxygen?

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Breathed in this passage is metaphorical for God equipping man with a soul. Inferring God has lungs, I think is missing the point. It's just saying God gave man a soul.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I hope that wasn't directed at me...

Let me ask you this...

You said..

Since when did quoting truth require protocol?

and...

You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet.

Are you sure this is truth?

Is it truth because thats what is says in your bible, or is that what you feel in your heart?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Where did the large volume of water come from and where did they go to once the flood waters dissipated during the biblical flood?

How did Noah get animals that where not native to the middle east or even on the same continent to his ark and back to their respective environment after the flood?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by addygrace

Ok what in the bible is metaphorical and what is literal and where do you draw the line?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION
Me again. You did'nt answer my last questions directly, you took the politicians way out and changed the subject, but thats ok. I will ask this instead - can you tell me how I should interpret this line taken from your signature - "I will render vengeance to mine enemies and will reward them that hate me."
As I read it on the one-hand he will punish his enemies and on the other he will reward those (enemies) that hate him. Your thoughts.

Your not aware of the use of the word "reward" If a man has to pay alimony to his wife he divorcees, the judge says "you are awarded alimony payments for such and such." Do you think this form of "reward" is a good thing? When you reward somebody something.....you give them what they deserve...

HEBREWS 10:29
"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under FOOT the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? "

As for Jesus being his own father, No, he is not. answered.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by KJV1611

A few questions:

Why is the Bible such a horrid book?
Why is the Bible so inconsistent?
Why is the Bible irreconcilable with history and the natural world?
Why is the Bible internally contradictory both between books and within books?
Why is the Bible wrong about so many things?

Examples please.

And please make them intelligent ones, I have enough questions to answer.
edit on 21-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by KJV1611

Um...you're wrong. Jesus turned water into alcohol. It was a common practice to prefer the drinking of wine (mixed with water) to pure water for the sake of sanitation. Oinos, the Greek word used in John 2:10 refers to wine. Not to regular grape juice, just wine.

DEUTERONOMY 32:14
"Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the GRAPE."
Genesis 40:10-11
" And in the vine were three branches: and it was as though it budded, and her blossoms shot forth; and the clusters thereof brought forth ripe grapes:
And Pharaoh's cup was in my hand: and I took the grapes, and pressed them into Pharaoh's cup, and I gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand. "

This is "new wine" or grape juice as found in the Bible.

This is old wine, or strong drink as the bible puts it:
Proverbs 20:1
"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. "
Proverbs 20:20-21
"20 Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:
21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags. "
29-35:
29 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
30 They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine.
31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
33 Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
34 Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
35 They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

This goes directly with Hab 2:15

Only a fool would not see the distinction between the two different "wines"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

This isn't in answer to this question, but an additional, related part to it.

Why does the new testament give two different "bloodlines" for Jesus' birth?

One for Mary, and one for Joseph. John's is my favorite, going all the way back to Adam, "the son of God"....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join