It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Your theory makes perfect sense, although very hard to prove. I like the idea about Mars "losing" its what as it rained down on earth through the "Windows of heaven". (look that phrase up in the Bible, it is used strangely a few times)

As for the earth expanding, this also makes perfect sense.

Trees grow as they get older.
Humans do as well.
So do animals.
Even scientists have said for the last 30 years that the VERY UNIVERSE is expanding and growing.

So why wouldn't the earth grow with age as well? Everything appears to grow with age. And of course, I have scripture to back up the earth growing:

Isaiah 5:14
"Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it."

Hell is in the middle of the earth, growing and expanding the outer shell of earth.

Good find here guys, but yet again, the Bible is ahead of us scientifically once more.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Akragon

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by mysticnoon
reply to post by Akragon

how did could God lie if he didn't write the book?

Exactly! So often I hear Christians say that either the whole Bible is true, or God is a liar. I have never really understood the logic behind such statements.

There is no logic behind that statement, God didn't write the book its as simple as that. Perhaps there were people who were inspired by God, but again i can show you recent texts even from the past few years that were also "inspired" by God....but they wern't written by God.

This is just peoples lack of understanding of what God is....

Stop stealing my phrase
("This is just peoples lack of understanding")....

2Samuel 2:2
"The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue."

2 Peter 1:21
"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

As you can see, every book in the Bible was spoken FROM a man (Jewish man) but giving by inspiration through the Holy Spirit. This is how GOD wrote the Bible. Besides, why make man in the first place if your not going to use them....duh.

Obviously someone doesn't understand how the Bible was wrote....

LOL....well thats my phrase my friend... ("This is just peoples lack of understanding").... And since i've been here longer then you have theres no arguement haha

Anyways all joking aside... Again, "inspired" doesn't mean it was written by God, on the other hand i could say it was written by God because we are all a part of him....but that also implies every post on this forum was written by God as well...

Both the Koran, and the bhagavad gita, were also "inspired" by God, so was the mormon bible.... None of which NT and OT included were actually written by the hand of God. This FACT can't be argued...

I know exactly how it says the bible was written my friend... But as i've said before i can show you texts even from as recent as the past few years which were also "inspired" by God...

Besides, why make man in the first place if your not going to use them....duh.

God used david koresh as well... and many other murderers and other Nut jobs.

Sadly i use the Lack of understanding quote far too much around these forums, but not everyone actually understands God so....its easy to use.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Come now, I showed how the word "wine" is used for both grape juice and "strong drink" The only different between the two is "TIME"

Follow closely, once and for all:
Here is the WHOLE account:

John 2:1-10
1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

What do you think the above statement means? I'll show you:

MATTHEW 26:29
"But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this FRUIT OF THE VINE, until that day when I drink it NEW with you in my Father's kingdom."

5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

Mary's only commandment she gives to ANYBODY in the whole Bible. for you catholic....

6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.

WATER ONLY. Get that.

8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew
the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

↑↑↑ Did you see that? Good wine...which means it comes first! It hasn't set around and was allowed to ferment. It was GOOD. But when the party wears on...then they start bring out the WORSE wine, or the aged wine that has been sitting out WITHOUT refrigeration. Guess what happens to it.....thats right, it turns to booze.

Examples:

MARK 2:22
"And no man putteth NEW WINE into old bottles: else the NEW WINE doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but NEW WINE must be put into new bottles."

Why? Cause as the NEW wine ferments, it releases carbon dioxide as any good brewer knows.

WINE is both Grape Juice AND Booze.

More Proof Bible Proof as defined by the King James Bible:

PROVERBS 3:10
"So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with NEW WINE."

ISAIAH 65:8
"Thus saith the LORD, As the NEW WINE is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not;" (fresh grape juice)

WINE IS BOTH JUICE AND BOOZE. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS TIME.

LEVITICUS 10:9
"Do not drink wine nor STRONG DRINK, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Here is shows even more differences, since booze can be made from any fruit/veg. that has sugar in it. Strong Drink is its name.

NUMBERS 6:3
"He shall separate himself from wine and STRONG DRINK, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of STRONG DRINK, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried."

Here is the THIRD form of WINE

1. Grape Juice....times passes.
2. Strong drink/worse wine/booze.....times passes.
3. Vinegar.

This is the nature progression of WINE. Where do you think your "Red wine vinegar" in your kitchen comes from?

So once again, Jesus would have never given strong drink or old wine to people, or he would have vailated a ton of scriptures.

PROVERBS 20:1
"Wine is a mocker, STRONG DRINK is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise."

PROVERBS 31:4
"It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes STRONG DRINK: " (King Jesus?)

Proverbs 31:6
"Give STRONG DRINK unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. "

Your on of two exceptions when you can drink wine. Are you dying?

ISAIAH 5:11, 22
"Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow STRONG DRINK; that continue until night, till wine inflame them!
"Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle STRONG DRINK:"

ISAIAH 24:9
"They shall not drink wine with a song; STRONG DRINK shall be bitter to them that drink it." (obviously)

ISAIAH 28:7
"But they also have erred through wine, and through STRONG DRINK are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through STRONG DRINK, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through STRONG DRINK; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment."

ADVANCED REVELATION:

MICAH 2:11
"If a man walking in the spirit and falsehood do lie, saying, I will prophesy unto thee of wine and of STRONG DRINK; he shall even be the prophet of this people. "

The source of most modern day prophecies and predictions"
Give STRONG DRINK unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

PROVERBS 4:17
"For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the WINE of violence. "

Guess which "wine" this is? lol

PROVERBS 23:31-31
"They that tarry long at the WINE; they that go to seek mixed WINE.
"Look not thou upon the WINE when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. "

A commandment. Are you following it> OR do you just write it off as "Baptist standards and elitism"

This matter is settled....with the Word of the Living God.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
p.s. this also happens when you show the actual words of the original text, vs. former interpretations of the meanings of the text (themselves based on translations) to an atheist. they fight against the real text as vehemently as anyone, because the majority of the critical works written against the text, are based on the interpretations and translations, rather than the actual text.
edit on 28-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

I like you undo, I really do. But enough with this "original text" nonsense. All you are using is either a Strong's or Cruden's concordance with there built in hebrew and greek lexicons which are nothing more than 1 of 27 different editions of Nestle and Aland critical text. It is by no means "authoritative". The editors change/correct/amend/add/subtract information from them just as fast as now bibles are being pumped out.

Show me just one SCRAP of the "original text" and I'll not bring this up again. It doesn't exist. EVERY thing is just a copy, or a copy, of a translation, seven fold.

That's why I stick with the version of the Bible from the received byzantine text (textus receptus) or majority text fo 5000 manuscripts.

I leave the minoirty text of Westcott and Hort (vaticanus codex, alexandrian codex, sinaitic codex, parisian codex, and codex bezae) to the dogs.

I'll stick with the 47 scholars who translated the King James Bible thank you, not the two occultists above.

Please, read the whole chapter of JEREMIAH Chapter 36 too see why God himself could care less about any "Original Text", anymore than I do.
edit on 28-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

JEREMIAH
Chapter 36
1 And it came to pass in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, that this word came unto Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
2 Take thee a roll of a book, and write therein all the words that I have spoken unto thee against Israel, and against Judah, and against all the nations, from the day I spake unto thee, from the days of Josiah, even unto this day.
3 It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin.
4 Then Jeremiah called Baruch the son of Neriah: and Baruch wrote from the mouth of Jeremiah all the words of the LORD, which he had spoken unto him, upon a roll of a book.
5 And Jeremiah commanded Baruch, saying, I am shut up; I cannot go into the house of the LORD:
6 Therefore go thou, and read in the roll, which thou hast written from my mouth, the words of the LORD in the ears of the people in the LORD's house upon the fasting day: and also thou shalt read them in the ears of all Judah that come out of their cities.
7 It may be they will present their supplication before the LORD, and will return every one from his evil way: for great is the anger and the fury that the LORD hath pronounced against this people.
8 And Baruch the son of Neriah did according to all that Jeremiah the prophet commanded him, reading in the book the words of the LORD in the LORD's house.
9 And it came to pass in the fifth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, in the ninth month, that they proclaimed a fast before the LORD to all the people in Jerusalem, and to all the people that came from the cities of Judah unto Jerusalem.
10 Then read Baruch in the book the words of Jeremiah in the house of the LORD, in the chamber of Gemariah the son of Shaphan the scribe, in the higher court, at the entry of the new gate of the LORD's house, in the ears of all the people.
11 When Michaiah the son of Gemariah, the son of Shaphan, had heard out of the book all the words of the LORD,
12 Then he went down into the king's house, into the scribe's chamber: and, lo, all the princes sat there, even Elishama the scribe, and Delaiah the son of Shemaiah, and Elnathan the son of Achbor, and Gemariah the son of Shaphan, and Zedekiah the son of Hananiah, and all the princes.
13 Then Michaiah declared unto them all the words that he had heard, when Baruch read the book in the ears of the people.
14 Therefore all the princes sent Jehudi the son of Nethaniah, the son of Shelemiah, the son of Cushi, unto Baruch, saying, Take in thine hand the roll wherein thou hast read in the ears of the people, and come. So Baruch the son of Neriah took the roll in his hand, and came unto them.
15 And they said unto him, Sit down now, and read it in our ears. So Baruch read it in their ears.
16 Now it came to pass, when they had heard all the words, they were afraid both one and other, and said unto Baruch, We will surely tell the king of all these words.
17 And they asked Baruch, saying, Tell us now, How didst thou write all these words at his mouth?
18 Then Baruch answered them, He pronounced all these words unto me with his mouth, and I wrote them with ink in the book.

Notice that last verse?? God-breathed....man wrote.

19 Then said the princes unto Baruch, Go, hide thee, thou and Jeremiah; and let no man know where ye be.
20 And they went in to the king into the court, but they laid up the roll in the chamber of Elishama the scribe, and told all the words in the ears of the king.
21 So the king sent Jehudi to fetch the roll: and he took it out of Elishama the scribe's chamber. And Jehudi read it in the ears of the king, and in the ears of all the princes which stood beside the king.
22 Now the king sat in the winterhouse in the ninth month: and there was a fire on the hearth burning before him.
23 And it came to pass, that when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he cut it with the penknife, and cast it into the fire that was on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth.

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT. Look what happened to it ↑↑↑. So what does God do? ↓↓↓

24 Yet they were not afraid, nor rent their garments, neither the king, nor any of his servants that heard all these words.
25 Nevertheless Elnathan and Delaiah and Gemariah had made intercession to the king that he would not burn the roll: but he would not hear them.
26 But the king commanded Jerahmeel the son of Hammelech, and Seraiah the son of Azriel, and Shelemiah the son of Abdeel, to take Baruch the scribe and Jeremiah the prophet: but the LORD hid them.
27 Then the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, after that the king had burned the roll, and the words which Baruch wrote at the mouth of Jeremiah, saying,
28 Take thee again another roll, and write in it all the former words that were in the first roll, which Jehoiakim the king of Judah hath burned.
DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!?!?!? God doesn't need the originals anymore than we do. IF GOD WANTS TO PRESERVE HIS WORD, THEN HE WILL.

29 And thou shalt say to Jehoiakim king of Judah, Thus saith the LORD; Thou hast burned this roll, saying, Why hast thou written therein, saying, The king of Babylon shall certainly come and destroy this land, and shall cause to cease from thence man and beast?
30 Therefore thus saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David: and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost.
31 And I will punish him and his seed and his servants for their iniquity; and I will bring upon them, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and upon the men of Judah, all the evil that I have pronounced against them; but they hearkened not.
32 Then took Jeremiah another roll, and gave it to Baruch the scribe, the son of Neriah; who wrote therein from the mouth of Jeremiah all the words of the book which Jehoiakim king of Judah had burned in the fire: and there were added besides unto them many like words.

DID YOU SEE THIS TOO?!?!?! Not only does God care less about the originals, he ADDED MORE WORDS TO THE ORIGINAL!!!! Now, if God did this once just here, why think ye he hasn't done it throughout history to preserve his words?

Psalms 12:6-7
6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

MATTHEW 24:35
"HEAVEN AND EARTH SHALL PASS AWAY, but my words shall not pass away."

PHILIPPIANS 2:9-10
"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; "

.....and

PSALM 138:2 "...for thou hast MAGNIFIED thy WORD above all thy name."

Many Bible corrects are going to be in trouble when they stand before God....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Yes, I answered you. Click Ctrl+F on your key board, type your name in and start going through the pages looking for your name. Let me know what you think. And where you got this idea from: chapter and verse.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

DID YOU SEE THIS TOO?!?!?! Not only does God careless about the originals, he ADDED MORE WORDS TO THE ORIGINAL!!!! Now, if God did this once just here, why think ye he hasn't done it throughout history to preserve his words?

Read it again, it doesn't say God added more words, it said Jeremiah added more words... I believe this is saying he probably didn't give the word for word account of what "the lord" said to him the first time.

Now the question is, did jeremiah actually ever meet jesus...Im looking for that information now...

And why do you continuiously refer to Jesus as God..?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Alright so Jeramiah never actually met jesus...

So this is saying that God actually talked to him, then the words were written down, and burned, then rewritten and words were added....not by God but by Jeramiah.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What your saying is true.....IF all the examples you used came form the God of the Bible. They did not. There are many gods out there, not just devils or angels. Observe:

2 CORINTHIANS 4:4
"In whom the god OF THIS WORLD hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

What "god" to you think this is? Hint, its not Jesus Christ obviously considering the context. Its not the Holy Spirit, or GOD himself. Also notice.....Jesus Christ IS THE IMAGE OF GOD. Not us....we are in the Image of ADAM. The verse was dealing with Satan. He runs this planet right now. Why do you think it is the way it is? This is the god of David Koresh, and many other such people. Don't get them confused.

GENESIS 3:5
"For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Notice this often misunderstood verse where people like to say: "see, God was afraid we would be like him!" But that is not what the verse said. God didn't say "they would be like US" He said "and ye shall be as gods"

EXODUS 15:11
11 Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

No one is the answer. Not Allah, not Budda, not Shiva, not Zeus. No one.

EXODUS 18:11
" Now I know that the LORD is greater than all GODS: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them."

EXODUS 20:3, 23
"Thou shalt have no other GODS before me.
"Ye shall not make with me GODS of silver, neither shall ye make unto you GODS of gold.

Sound familiar? It should, its one of the 10 commandments.

DEUTERONOMY 6:14
14 Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; (Baal, Astroth, Allah etc.)

PSALM 82:1
"God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods."

PSALM 86:8
"Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works."

PSALM 96:4
"For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods."

PSALM 135:5
"For I know that the LORD is great, and that our Lord is above all gods."

PSALM 136:2
"O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. "

1 SAMUEL 28:13
"And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

sigh* Read verse 29 again....

29 And thou shalt say to Jehoiakim king of Judah, Thus saith the LORD; Thou hast burned this roll, saying, Why hast thou written therein, saying, The king of Babylon shall certainly come and destroy this land, and shall cause to cease from thence man and beast?

And then God adds to the original manuscript the things the King did about him burning his words.

GOD SPOKE AND ADDED THESE WORDS TO THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT. Jeremy just copied the words down. Any more questions? Jesus being God is another topic, we have quite enough here to chew on for a little bit thank you very much

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I realize there are many Gods to many people, but theres only one true God....TV can be your God if you chose to worship it, so could any celebrity....

Telling me to read it again doesn't change my inturpretation of it... To me it says he was given the words from God, then after the scroll was burned more was added as in he added more words, Not God...

Theres no way to say what books were actually "inspired" by God... All you have to go by is your faith in what is written... Many men have claimed to be prophets of God, so considering this was from 1700 years ago, again its hard to tell... I'd have to look over all of his writings to see if he was actually a man of God or not, and i just don't have that much interest in if he was or not honestly. Or of course you could listen to whatever your church says, which is another thing i wouldn't do.

I only know of one man through out the bible that knew God personally, and Jeramiah wasn't him. But again who knows....i'll keep researching to see what else i can find...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

thank you.

the masoretic text? on the link provided by madness, in the blue letter bible, they show the kjv, then the masoretic text, then below that, that english translation of the masoretic text, word by word. if you compare the words the english translation supposedly extracted from the masoretic, you will see that many words in the english, were never in the masoretic.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I agree, completely. Some words just can not be adequately translated from Hebrew/Greek into English. soooo...

Introducing the italicized words of the English authorized Bible!!

Any words you find through out the KJV that are in italics were added by the King James Translators. And without these small transitional words added, the English Bible would not make any sense attal

2 SAMUEL 21:19
"And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of GOLIATH the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam. "

As you can see, "the brother of were added by the James's translators because they already had better knowledge of who slew him. It was David. Without these added word, Elhanan would be the one who killed big G in this verse. This is because the text was either missing from the TR, or was unreadable. So the translators added these words BASED SOLELY on OTHER VERSES. Many more examples are available

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

okay, real quick summary:

the bottomless pit of revelation 9 is from the word abyssos, which is abyss.
i traced it back to BAB-EL, which means gate of god (the full title would be like
chaos gate of the water god), and further back to
sumerian abzu. the bottomless pit has a gate, that is locked. it's opened
in chapter 9 of revelation, by an angelic being who comes down from the sky
to open it. out of it comes weird flying metal covered bug like things which have several
correlating identifiers, such as prominent constellations (lion, scorpion, woman) that
sounds as if describing time frame of the event or what have you. very theoretical work in this
area.

anyway, the theory goes that 7 big abysses (7 abzus), which were on the floors of 7 large bodies
of water, like oceans, were opened in ancient sumerian timeframe on earth and on mars.
and water from the oceans of mars, pumped thru to the oceans of earth. these are the flood gates
or gates of the deep. another potential is a layer of atmosphere perhaps precipitated down to the
earth (this would fit your idea). the overall effect of removing water from mars and adding it to the earth, would've destroyed two civilizations, at once. the one on mars and the one on earth.

Wow, oh, wow...and I thought my theory was "out there."

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Ok, I have a question.

Was Mohamed's coming foretold in the song of Solomon?

Not that I know of. Since he was a prophet of Islam and not Jewish, I doubt it.
edit on 22-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

Ok smartass, "click and sift".......lol

This is a quote and not a reply because replies I check in my reply box

Not a good enough answer

EDIT: Old Testament - Song of songs
edit on 28-3-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

well it dawned on me that rebuilding the gate of god (tower of babel) didn't seem to support the idea of it being able to reach heaven, which was the reason it was shut down ......if'n ya know, what i mean. it also dawned on me that it seemed a bit odd to suggest there were 4 angels bound in the euphrates...that is, till i found out the coast of iraq in the persian gulf, was originally 65 miles inland from where it is now, due to euphrates river silt deposition. meaning that the 65 miles of new shoreline out into the gulf, included 65 miles of new euphrates river as well, and that somewhere under that, was probably the bottomless pit of revelation 9.
so the 4 angels bound in the euphrates, were bound in the bottomless pit, which is the only place that i'm aware of, that angels have ever been bound.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

true...I can be a smartass from time to time, but I really don't know what your talking about?!?! Seriously, show me the chapter and verse in Song of Solomon where you are getting this idea and I'll look into it,

I have never heard of what your talking about, but am curious. Are you saying ALL of song of Solomon is about muuuuuhammod?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Lazarus Short and undo,

I'm looking into both of your theories right now, comparing scripture with scripture and such. But as of now, I like both your ideas and they do have scripture to back them up...sort of. As for the bound angels, more studying needs to be done. So many references I need to look at and compare!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Posting this just for quick reference for me later.

Shroud of Turin:

This is obviously not Jesus since his toes were ripped off:

JOHN 19:36 "For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A BONE of him shall not be broken. "

PSALM 91:12 "They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou DASH thy foot against a stone."

Besides, Jesus never had a "shroud" over his face. He had a "napkin", and he was buried in "linen clothes"

JOHN 20:7
"And the NAPKIN, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself."

Example of jewish burial according to the Bible, not some "Jewish Updated Unbridled New Edition Encyclopedia with Expanded Notes!"

JOHN 11:44
"And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a NAPKIN. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Once again, clothes and a napkin, two separate pieces. This story is not being covered because, the shroud of Turin is just another Roman Catholic relic, idol, or dare I say....god? Don't concern yourself over this man

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
More research from other thread. Read if you like, but these are just for me so I have all these answers in the same place.

Biblical Canon:

Jesus Christ himself has already stated what the "Canon" is:

LUKE 24:27, 44
"And beginning at MOSES and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself."

"44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of MOSES, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. "

Law of Moses: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deut., Numbers...
Prophets: You know them all, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, etc...
Psalms: Job, Proverbs, Psalms, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon.

Most of the other books are History: Kings, Chronicles, Ruth, Ezra, etc.

So as you can see, the Canon is very much defined. Just because there are other books written during the same time, does not make them canon. So just because you don't know what Biblical Canon is, doesn't mean Christian don't.

LUKE 16:29, 31
"29 Abraham saith unto him, They have MOSES and the prophets; let them hear them.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not MOSES and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded"

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join