It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Here's how you can go to heaven if you died tonight since your curious.

Romans 3:12, 23
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (this means you and me)

"They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." (also you and me)

Rom 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (this is what we get for sinning." Not the best retirement plan eh?)

Romans 5:8-9
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
"Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."

(this is the gospel of grace, the sin payment that Jesus made for you and me on the cross. We no longer have to receive our "wages for sin" which was death)

Romans 10:9-13
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (confessing to GOD, not man)
"For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." "For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." (Jesus made this statement true with his death on the cross for the world....which killed him)
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (that's you and me)

John 3:36
'He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." (words straight from Jesus himself)

1 John 5:13
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (the reason why we can know we are going to heaven. God doesn't lie. If he said we can KNOW, then we can)

edit on 26-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Looking back i did actually ask you a question before, which you had no answer for...

You didn't quote them either, but i do know what you were refering to, quoted by my friend IAMIAM...so why don't you tell me....exactly what passages were you talking about when you said this?

refering to your following jesus will get you to hell quote....

I'd love you to explain actually instead of dancing around the questions

edit on 26-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Didn't you say you were reading my answers to other people questions? I have answered this multiple times now. Anything in Matthew chapter 5-7, or chapters 24-25 are a good start.

These are called the sermon on the mount and olivet discourse, which takes place right where Jesus Christ will return too, which coincidently, happens to be what the context of the text is. Mt. Olive is where the second coming takes place. These passages deal with works. Read them and see if you can post the WORKS I am talking about. I want to see if continuing to reply to you is worth it. You have your homework.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

Originally posted by KJV1611

reply to post by KJV1611

Can God make an object so heavy he is unable to lift it?
I know this sounds like an odd question, but if you (or anyone) could please answer this I would appreciate it. Thanks
edit on 22-3-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

I have heard this one a many of times. The premise is to try and question if God is omnipotent. The answer is, he could make a object that heavy, but then only he could left it. And on and on we could go...next.

The question was, could he make an object so heavy he is unable to lift it? This is not a question in regards to the omnipotent nature of God. The question I posed is a contradiction of terms. God can not make an object so heavy he is unable to lift it. It would go against his own universal laws. I asked this in hopes that if you really knew bible answers you would know this simple elementary question about God. You did not....

This was the question you said I didn't answer?!?!??! This is the "deep theological" ramble that you summit as an intelligent Bible question??? I truly thought this was a joke, hense my reply.

I said ask Bible questions and get Bible answers, not hypothetical agnostic garbage. I can't believe I just searched for your original question through 10 pages thinking I accidently missed a question someone had about the Bible. This was my reward. Thanks for wasting the last 8 minutes of my life. and the 2 that took to write this.....

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Anything in Matthew chapter 5-7, or chapters 24-25 are a good start.

see again you're dancing around the questions.....

What specifically we're you talking about... What verses will send me to hell that jesus spoke...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

If I could please waste another minute of your time. I said that you answered my question incorrectly.Not that you did not answer my question. Your problem is that you do not pay attention to detail, As your biblical intellect indicates. If you actually know anything about the bible you would certainly know who God is. Conclusion: Without knowing basic theology, how can you possibly answer any of my questions about the bible. Your a sham- Theo

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by KJV1611

Anything in Matthew chapter 5-7, or chapters 24-25 are a good start.

see again you're dancing around the questions.....

What specifically we're you talking about... What verses will send me to hell that Jesus spoke...

Since you don't understand which ones they are I'll post you some (not being derogatory towards you, I just can't see how your missing these works for salvation verses)

Matthew 5:
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (humble pie, equals slice of heaven)
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. (personal righousness to see God. Jesus is our Rightousness: 2 CORINTHIANS 5:21)
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (works)
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (works)
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall DO and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (do them, keep them...works)
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. (bad works in which you LOSE your salvation)
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. (yep...)
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven : for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Matthew 7:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that DOETH the will of my Father which is in heaven. (directly contradicts Romans 10:13. IF these passages were based on faith and grace ALONE. But they are not, its works: "He that DOETH the will of my father"

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many WONDERFUL WORKS??
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (based on yet more works)

Matthew 24:
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. (MY GOD WHAT WORKS!, based upon staying alive till the end of the tribulation)

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Matthew 25:
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. (salvation is a free GIFT, you don't buy it. More works applied for Jews during the tribulation. also to the gentiles too...)
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (get the picture yet?)

These are just a few verse from Matthew but the same can be found in Mark and Luke....somewhat hard to find in John though.

If you did what these verse said, and that alone, then you would live a good life and die and go to hell with the rest of the majority of people on this planet that think there good works will out weigh there bad, and thus grant them eternal life.

EPHESIANS Chapter 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Need anymore examples? And I never "danced around" this, I just assumed you READ these passages and could see the plain english examples glaring back at you.
edit on 26-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

Nice way of discounting scriptures that give you conviction huh theo? Since I didn't answer your little riddle the way you liked, you write me off as a sham and discount the 200 other scripturally answered questions in which NONE have been disputed. Only Mad Cat has the guts to continue a debate. So go ahead, run back to your ivory tower. Sleep well

1 JOHN 5:11-12
"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
No more questions guys and gals? They have all been quite easy thus far. No questions on New bible versions?
What about Christian denominations? Pre tribulation vs. mid/post tribulation rapture? What about the rapture? Does p=3 or 3.14? Silver coins pre-dating Romans? Revelation questions? Did Paul go to heaven and come back down? Did he die twice? Why does the Zodiac appear in the Bible? Sons of God? Satan? Angels? Giants? What will Christians do in eternity after the 1000 year millennium reign?

There are thousands of questions waiting for debate, I want to hear other people opinions backed up with Bible.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Alright finally we're on the same page, at least i understand what you're saying now. I agree works will not get you into "heaven" it is a free gift.
You see if you explain things clearly you get results...

I am wondering why you chose not to include the whole passages though, why do you pick certian verses and skip others?

And this, from your own quotes

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven : for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

would you agree with this or no, you seem to have an issue with the jews... so you had a friend which was a jew would you love him any less then a christian friend?
edit on 26-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Maybe you didn't notice it as important, but my recent post to you contained two questions.

This one wasn't answered:

".....Is this a general observation, in any way validated, or just a sophisticated way of saying, that YOUR bible-interpretation methodology is the 'correct' one. In that case why?"

I must admit, that you momentarily have gotten around the standard objection to the bible by postulating an elaborate situation of subsets, containing special instructions for different groups of mankind, different 'ages' with different divine methodology and a rather flexible way of approaching bible autheticidity/validity.

But as far as I can see, this is just an extension of the common christian method of creating endless circular arguments in complex elaboration, where the lack of coherence and inner agreement in the bible just is hidden one layer deeper down in scholastics.

You still need to validate your methodology for bible-interpretation as compared to the 34.000 already existing.

Quote: ["Nah, there is nothing confusing about doing good. Just do good, and not bad, easy enough huh? So what classifies as bad or "sin"? Once again that is what gets me banned so I'll retreat to Private messages if you want to know."]

Belonging to the group, which most likely would ban you, I have no interest in private communication on your elitism.

edit on 26-3-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

Can God make an object so heavy he is unable to lift it?
I know this sounds like an odd question, but if you (or anyone) could please answer this I would appreciate it. Thanks

someone asked me this thirty plus years ago and the answer that came to me at the time was, free will. i have a tendency to do alot of theoretical analysis of subjects, particularly as they relate to our current understanding of the universe. this seemed to suggest something similar to the concept of quantum reality.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

God says that he will destroy all the living substances that he has created. All of them. The word for all is familiar to me as I also speak a semitic language.

"כל kol" = all
(in my language it's "kollox")

Now, it's sort of hard to kill everything with a flood that doesn't cover the whole Earth.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

There is a responsibility to God to keep this saint hood,

YOU must be Repentant of your sins, which means no more of the things that God hates.

Can you do it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Three parts to my question...

How does the bible look upon Murderers, Homosexual and people who reject the notion of God?

Also, is it true God made us in his image?

And finally if we were made in his image, is God a murderous, homosexual atheist?

God hates murders, and homosexual is an abomination in his eyes.

Yes that is what he say's we are made in his image.

Being made in his image does not make him those things you state, for God says he does not lie and hates sin.

When Adam and Eve let sin into the world by there free choice to disobey the Lord thy God, they also allowed the Devil to have Dominion over the world also which is the influential factors in everyone's spirit.

See most do not believe that we are of flesh and spirit and that the spirit is what will live into eternity (whether in Heaven or Hell in an individual choice).

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Seen from the perspective of a christian-critic, the bible, its associated organisations/movements and their subsidiary 'help'-doctrines and/or methodologies for bible interpretation etc.....

...is a closed, self-contained system with no reference points outside this 'bubble' considered valid by competing/alternative 'reality-seeking' systems/models. *

Arguments from intrinsic bible/christian positions/perspectives are ofcourse based on circular reasoning, and with a book/a set of doctrines, which have strong self-contradictions (apart from its incompatibility with 'outer' perspectives) and a lack of logic/rational reference-points it's argumented with a great deal of rhetoric, excessive semantic gymnastics or even plain scholastics (a procedure which gives language per se a superior existence of its own, unfortunately rather unrelated to the 'reality' it was supposed to be a representation of).

"Aaaah...see, I have an invented a word, some words or an 'idea' ascribing something to something, and now I can start building air-castles from this".

Strategically hoping that the more extensive or elaborate I make it, the less will anybody be able to find anything 'real' to relate to in this. A mass of intertwined speculative arguments relating only to each other.

(Sorry about the possible 'high-brow' or 'flowery' language, but that's the technical approach to the present situation.)

So down to earth: The author of this thread has rather cleverly (but IMO not convincingly) tried to circumvent this bible-interpretation problem, by trying to reshuffle the inner components of the bible (in a revised way of the standard procedure of bible-selfjustification) so his/her methodology is THE methodology.

Furthermore also cleverly arranging a frame, where 'outer' considerations are off-topic.

As practically always when extremist christians are trying to push their ideology, the circular arguments eventually fall back on subjective 'authority', which in this case consists of cherry-picking some parts of the bible, supposedly 'proving' the existence of a 'correct' bible-reading procedure inside the bible. A kind of 'How to read this manual' or 'Manual inside the manual' thing.

This present post of mine can lead to many perspectives, but for the duration I would like to stay with the 'authority' facet. I have earlier participated on this thread with a short post on a 'defintion' issue (on wine/water drinking in a bible/christian context), and the thread author dismissed the defintion on this issue by referring to the original language this definition was taken from as 'dead':

Quote: ["The Holy bible is the authority in this instance, not some dead language. Get the Bible definition for wine and you have your answer. I posted it above ↑"]

So we have several options: SOME bible excerpts saying one thing, the 'old' language of said bibles saying another thing, the thread author's reliance on a modern language (has english become the official language of the alleged 'god'?) and the 'authority' of a relatively modern bible.

A situation containing several 'authority' components, as usual in bible-pushing contexts 'explained' by standard semantic maneuvers: IMO back to square one christian position(s): "I'm right, because I'm right".

*Efforts of hijacking parts/systematic methodologies/answers etc. from competing/alternative 'reality-seeking' systems are regularly made by some christian extremists, but always turn out to be fakes, unacceptable by the original system from where elements are hijacked. But that's not for this thread.
edit on 27-3-2011 by bogomil because: syntax

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by undo

God says that he will destroy all the living substances that he has created. All of them. The word for all is familiar to me as I also speak a semitic language.

"כל kol" = all
(in my language it's "kollox")

Now, it's sort of hard to kill everything with a flood that doesn't cover the whole Earth.

it is an example:

Gen 6:17 And, behold 2009, I 589, even I, do bring 935 a flood 3999 of waters 4325 upon the earth 776, to destroy 7843 all flesh 1320, wherein [is] the breath 7307 of life 2416, from under 8478 heaven 8064; [and] every thing 3605 that [is] in the earth 776 shall die 1478 .

every word with a number after it, was in the original hebrew text. every word without a number, was not in the original.
so the word "all," was not in the hebrew text.

that verse would've said something like,
Behold i bring flood waters earth destroy flesh breath life under heaven thing earth die.

not sure of the order.

the word "all" was added by translators. i'm not saying hebrews don't have a word for all. i'm saying it wasn't in the passages. not trying to be mean, just pointing out the problem

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
this is another good example:

Gen 6:19 And of every living thing 2416 of all flesh 1320, two 8147 of every [sort] shalt thou bring 935 into the ark 8392, to keep [them] alive 2421 with thee; they shall be male 2145 and female 5347.

the word "every" was not in the original text. neither was "all"

oh and here'a s doozy

Gen 7:2 Of every clean 2889 beast 929 thou shalt take 3947 to thee by sevens 7651 7651, the male 376 and his female 802: and of beasts 929 that [are] not clean 2889 1931 by two 8147, the male 376 and his female 802.
Gen 7:3 Of fowls 5775 also of the air 8064 by sevens 7651 7651, the male 2145 and the female 5347; to keep 2421 0 seed 2233 alive 2421 upon the face 6440 of all the earth 776.

7 clean beasts in pairs.
2 unclean beasts in a pairs.
7 fowls in pairs.

7x2=14
2x2= 4
7x2=14
-----------
so
14+4+14=32 animals .

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

You wrote:

["When Adam and Eve let sin into the world by there free choice to disobey the Lord thy God, ...."]

If you can be repetitive, so can I:

"Mankind has 'free will', but if we use it, we have it coming".

Please regress 'logic' for me as far as you can. (Hope you understand what 'regressing' means and why it's relevant here).

Quote: ["they also allowed the Devil to have Dominion over the world also which is the influential factors in everyone's spirit."]

Doctrinal circular reasoning. Please regress doctrinal circular reasoning for me also, now when you're at it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
2 geologists from oxford, attempt to discover if the core samples containing salt, from a mile below their science vessel on the mediterranean, could in fact, be explained by the flood of the epic of gilgamesh, atrahasis and the bible, otherwise known as the black sea flood

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

edit on 27-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Um..no, the word 'kol' is in the Hebrew text. In fact, here's the full Hebrew of Genesis 7:4

ד כִּי לְיָמִים עוֹד שִׁבְעָה, אָנֹכִי מַמְטִיר עַל-הָאָרֶץ, אַרְבָּעִים יוֹם, וְאַרְבָּעִים לָיְלָה; וּמָחִיתִי, אֶת-כָּל-הַיְקוּם אֲשֶׁר עָשִׂיתִי, מֵעַל, פְּנֵי הָאֲדָמָה.

כל kol is present.

Unfortunately, when you copy-paste Hebrew it's right-to-left so I'm having trouble inserting the bold formatting, so just ctrl+f (or apple+f) and copy paste the one below the external source and you will find the word.

You could have simply used a Bible alongside Strong's concordance.

I do appreciate being told that I'm either wrong or lying even though I bothered to do the research.

Of course, you didn't even bother to refer to the passage I was referring to...so...you know, massive amounts of failure on your part.

Genesis 7:1-4 unequivocally states that "יהוה Yĕhovah" is going to kill all life save for that which Noah places on the ark.

Now, in the KJV "kol" is translated into "and every"...which sort of works mainly due to the grammatical structure of English at the time. But the subject at hand is clearly every living thing. Genesis talks about a global flood, unless you can cite me a passage where it says "I'm going to flood some of the Earth"

In fact, here's a list of all the times "kol" is used in the Bible.

edit on 27/3/11 by madnessinmysoul because: Last link

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join