It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
From where did Cain's wife come?

He was only one of three people (the other two staying behind) on the face of the earth after he left in exile to a different land.

In the Bible, only the men from Adam and Eve are named. They had many daughters as well.

GENESIS 5: 4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and DAUGHTERS"

They lived very long lives during this time, and could easily have had hundreds of daughters since this was there main commandment from God...seeing as they blow the other one...
GENESIS 1: 22 "And God blessed them, saying, Be FRUITFUL, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth."

So...Cain got his wife through his sister. Easy as that. If you think this is weird, many royal families did this same thing ever up unto the 20th century.

Not only that, but Abraham, that father of practically all religions married his sister as well. This was not against the law at the time since the law had not been given.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION
I am very confused.
If God and Jesus are the same entity does this mean that Jesus is his own father????

You left out one. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit

1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

John 1:1-3
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrCarter
I don't mean this as an attack I honestly am looking for a reason.

Where did the bible give permission for the church to kill anyone who would not convert, sometimes in very inhuman ways? Allow for manifest destiny?

He didn't. People love to commit crimes in His name and have forever. Where ever you have something wonderful, some jackasses will swoop in and screw it up or pervert it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by KJV1611

Why do races of men not from the tribe of the Hebrews place importance on them? Wouldn't it be like a modern descendant of the Hebrews to follow a religion from the Cherokee tribe?

Races of men do this....because the God of the Bible puts importance on them.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet. Just read Exodus, Joshua, Judges, and the rest of the old testament for more examples! There endless.

But given that every tribe refers to itself as something prominent and standing apart like "The Chosen People" or "The Real People" isn't this just tribal arrogance?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Children who refuse to obey their parents must be executed.....do christian children nowadays not misbehave?

He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. -- Exodus 21:17

Children who mock their parents will have their eyes plucked out by ravens and eaten by eagles....is this normal practice or do you ignore this part like the one above??

The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it. -- Proverbs 30:17

Like Abraham, parents should be willing to kill their children for God....how many children have you killed???

And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and ... offer him there for a burnt offering.... And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. -- Genesis 22:2,10

edit on 21-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoundrel

I can respect that response

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
heres one i asked in a different thread but didnt get a reply, what did god do before he supposedly created us/everything?

Good question, bout time we got some deep ones!
Job 38:4-7
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the MORNING stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

So before the world was here, there were "morning stars" who sang and "sons of God" who also shout for joy....

You can read more about these sons of God in Genesis chapter 6:1-5

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. "

This would be where most of the astronaut theory and Annikki stories come from.

So we can clearly see God had many creatures with him before he decided to make a creation that was "in his image".....the plot thickens.
GENESIS 1:26-27
"26 And God said, Let us make man in our IMAGE, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own IMAGE, in the IMAGE of God created he him; male and female created he them "

There are many things out in outer space than we can imagine. And one day we will see them, in the flesh.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
From where did Cain's wife come?

He was only one of three people (the other two staying behind) on the face of the earth after he left in exile to a different land.

In the Bible, only the men from Adam and Eve are named. They had many daughters as well.

GENESIS 5: 4 "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and DAUGHTERS"

They lived very long lives during this time, and could easily have had hundreds of daughters since this was there main commandment from God...seeing as they blow the other one...
GENESIS 1: 22 "And God blessed them, saying, Be FRUITFUL, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth."

So...Cain got his wife through his sister. Easy as that. If you think this is weird, many royal families did this same thing ever up unto the 20th century.

Not only that, but Abraham, that father of practically all religions married his sister as well. This was not against the law at the time since the law had not been given.

That's an assumption, not an answer. Show me scripture directly addressing where Cain found his wife.

And i never said anything negative regarding incest, because that is the only logical way that 2 people could populate the earth. Pretty Simple.

But it doesn't address that Cain left, and then conveniently found a wife. So many convoluted genealogies there i would think they would include Cain somewhere, since they included everything else.

Assumption, not answer.

ETA: But since there is no real "answer," or answers will eventually come full circle and wade through contradictions, I'll just go my own way, because i can go head to head on the bible all day long, and that might not be wise for my ATS health.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Did you not read my answer??? ONCE you accept Jesus as your personal savior from SIN, then you become a saint? Are you practicing selective reading? Worse than my wife....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Another question...whys there so many contradictions in all versions of the bible?? If its gods word....why would he make so many mistakes and contradictions?

For example :

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Jesus' last words.....

MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

Did you not read my answer??? ONCE you accept Jesus as your personal savior from SIN, then you become a saint? Are you practicing selective reading? Worse than my wife....
Please refer to me as saint brindle.Please do not insulteth the wifeeth in publiceth,or godeth will cometh down from the heavens and rocketh your worldeth.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Why were all jesus drinking buddies declared saints?

Jesus never drank wine. This common misconception comes from the Gospel of John 2:1-10.
Read the story and tell me where he drunk wine.
Also, if he would have given his friends fermented wine, such as liquor as most people equate this with, he would have broken and old testament law.

HABAKKUK 2:15
"Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness! "

Anyone knows if grape juice sits out in the sun and has a chance to ferment, it turns to booze. New wine, which Jesus made was fresh grape juice. Read verse 10 again of John chapter 2 to see the old, and new wine contrast.

Last part of your question is simple. All Christians are saints. Once you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, you become a saint. No man can make another man a saint, regardless of what the catholic church teaches and worships.
edit on 21-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)
If memory serves correct,wasnt jesus on a mission to turn water into wine for the people.Wouldnt that be in direct conflict with your quote above from habakkuk 2;15?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Three parts to my question...

How does the bible look upon Murderers, Homosexual and people who reject the notion of God?

Also, is it true God made us in his image?

And finally if we were made in his image, is God a murderous, homosexual atheist?

Great questions...sort of

I think you already know what the Bible says about these folk. They are hated by God (Murderers) and abomination (sodomites, or homosexuals) and those who reject the notion of God, which is his Son is found nicely summed up in this verse:

HEBREWS 10:29
"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under FOOT the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?"

Second part of your question also easily answered:
Adam WAS created in God's image:

Genesis 1:26-27
"26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

But Adam lost God's image when he disobeyed God and did EXACTLY what God told him not too. He had over 200 different trees to eat from and God said don't eat from JUST ONE. Well, humans being what we are....he ate it.
Now all of us that came from Adam, which is everyone, is born after ADAMS IMAGE:

Genesis 5:3
"3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth: "

This of course was an image of disobedience, rebellion, murder, and of course, perverted love. All because Adam loved Eve more than he loved his God...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by KJV1611

Are you a priest?

Yes. I am a biblical priest, not a catholic or orthodox priest. Just a King James Bible Believing, hell firing preaching, pro Israel loving child of God. Can you guess my denomination?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

Are you a priest?

Yes. I am a biblical priest, not a catholic or orthodox priest. Just a King James Bible Believing, hell firing preaching, pro Israel loving child of God. Can you guess my denomination?

I think what they mean is, Are you ordained by a church to preach? If so, which? I don't want to guess....

If that is not what the meant, well then that is my question. Are you an ordained preacher of any type? If so, what denomination of Christianity were you ordained under?

I am curious as well, because anyone can call them selves a preacher and claim to have all the answers... But to be perfectly honest, I have seen my fair share if homeless people with mental disorders in Down Town Dallas doing their fair share of Preaching....

No, I am not saying you are homeless or Mentally unstable... Just that anyone can say they are a preacher.... I am asking for your qualifications to answer these questions? So, are you ordained or not? If so, under which church are you ordained?
edit on 21-3-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Leaving for a while, be back in a few hours!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I think you already know what the Bible says about these folk. They are hated by God (Murderers) and abomination (sodomites, or homosexuals) and those who reject the notion of God, which is his Son

Nope but i can't wait to hear more

edit on 21-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

reply to post by KJV1611

Are you a priest?

I think what they mean is, Are you ordained by a church to preach? If so, which? I don't want to guess....

If that is not what the meant, well then that is my question. Are you an ordained preacher of any type? If so, what denomination of Christianity were you ordained under?
I guees your denomination is 40 dd

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thanks for ignoring my questions dude

You will fit right in with the god fearing, zionists

edit on 21-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

reply to post by KJV1611

Are you a priest?

I guees your denomination is 40 dd

Huh? Me? I am not the one claiming to have answers and claiming to be a preacher. I think you replied to me by mistake. I am here asking questions just like you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join