It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

He was sent to the world my friend... to set an example and leave the way open to those who choose the narrow path...

Btw its hard to respond to two of your posts at once...

Matthew 15:22-24
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the HOUSE of Israel.

Matthew 10:5-9
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the HOUSE of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

As you can see, these are works that JEWS are doing, and SIGNS carried out by them for believe. Gentiles don't get signs, we believe by faith. By the way, the "Kingdom of Heaven" is not the Gospel of Grace that we are saved by today.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

Jesus Christ is The Son of God, not God the Father. Many other religions are as confused as many Christians because many so called Christians call Jesus God. Jesus Christ is called the second Adam. He was the only begotten son of God. There is one God and one Lord of God, the man Jesus Christ. God is Holy and God is Spirit, therefore God is The Holy Spirit.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Three in one, one in three, the blessed Trinity.

The three musketeers should copyright that....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

On the seventh day God rested/He was satisfied/everything was good! Until Lucifer and 1/3 of the Angelic beings he had created rebelled.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm sure what Jesus actually preached was nice and all but from what I'm reading here from Mr KJV, he is not exactly making me warm and furry inside.

Its not meant to be. The Gospel is 3/4 NEGATIVE
1. Jesus Died.
2. For YOUR sins
3. Was buried
4 Rose again. 3/4 negative

Conviction is from God, for your sins, against his laws. That's why you need his Son, for your sins, as their payment.

Its either you die for your sins, or Jesus takes your place. Choose.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I disagree with the whole thing. Why not just take the Bible's account. Whats makes this guy's video more authoritative than the Bible....which has survived 3500 years...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

God is Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. A person must be born again of the spirit of God of which was lost in the Garden of Eden events. Man is a two part being of body and soul. Man must become a three part being of body, soul and spirit.

Any activity that does not bring God honor and glory is not light but darkness. Jesus Christ payed for the sins of the world by the shedding of his own pure blood so that even though our own righteousness is as filthy rags. Jesus Christ righteousness makes us white as snow.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Originally posted by IAMIAM
If you followed Jesus's teachings in these passages, you would end up in hell when you died just like the rich man in Luke 16.

That would make him the first OPENLY Anti-Christ Christian I have yet to meet.

Sadly you do not know what an antichrist is, let alone the scriptures:

1 JOHN 2
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that ANTICHRIST shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is ANTICHRIST, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 JOHN 4
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of ANTICHRIST, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 JOHN 1
7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an ANTICHRIST.

I believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. (verse 22) I believe Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, came and dealt on earth IN THE FLESH (verse 3 and 7)

1 Timothy 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. "

I have been going easy on you for a while now cause I can see your not familiar with the scriptures, heck, you probably don't even believe you HAVE the scriptures!

But don't challenge me with the Bible, by calling me an antichrist. The purpose of this thread was to inform misguided people like yourself who does not understand the book, so you make your own religion up in your head based on a hand full of verse you do understand. The fact is:

MATTHEW 22:29
"Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do ERR, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
reply to post by boncho

God is Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. A person must be born again of the spirit of God of which was lost in the Garden of Eden events. Man is a two part being of body and soul. Man must become a three part being of body, soul and spirit.

Any activity that does not bring God honor and glory is not light but darkness. Jesus Christ payed for the sins of the world by the shedding of his own pure blood so that even though our own righteousness is as filthy rags. Jesus Christ righteousness makes us white as snow.

ABSOLUTE PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF SALVATION.

We may disagree on other things in the Bible later on in this thread, but this one topic is the only one that really matters. VERY well said and spoken. This was basically paraphrased scripture for those wondering.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

pre-adamite times, the gap theory and pre flood are some of my favorite topics in the Bible! Not to mention the many UFO accounts and scientific knowledge. Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

You asked:

"Thats a question thats been on my mind for a long time. I know it wasn't solely directed at me, however it is an intriguing subject. I've read that He made trips to the east in India or Tibet, or that He was just working as a carpenter with His father. There is much to be speculated on the life of Jesus since there are no records of His life other than His childhood. "

I have no idea either. We do know that Jesus was in the temple hollering and cussing the religious leaders at age 12, so he was no doubt hard at studying his old testament while helping Joseph. The Bible doesn't comment on this, so neither will I.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

The Trinity, 3 Gods in one is a false doctrine! It took a man to save man. Jesus Christ is a man, not God! And, he sits at the right hand of the Father. Until all things are brought under the Authority of Christ, Christ will continue to be subject to his Fathers will by his own free will. "I always do my Fathers will!" Jesus Christ spoke these words.

Who does man say that I am? "Thou art the Christ, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD!"

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Yeah but...your whole posted is based on your own self conceived assumptions.

I deal only with the Bible is this thread man, if you want to debate mystical stuff, make your own thread.

And why say ye our emotions are so small and tiny in the universe? Do you see any trees crying or animals singing together? Without our emotions we would be no better than a rock. Which God could also make shout and sing if he wanted too.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Tayesin

the actual text there is:

So God 430 created 1254 man 120 in his [own] image 6754, in the image 6754 of God 430 created 1254 he him; male 2145 and female 5347 created 1254 he them.

every word with a number after it, was in the original hebrew. every word without a number, was not in the original hebrew. therefore, the verse said:

Elohim created adam image, image Elohim created; male female created.

the words "he, him" "he them" "in his own" were not in the original hebrew,
those were added by translators. furthermore, "Elohim" and "Adam" were both plural words.
so essentially the verse said: The gods created copies of themselves known as the adamic race, male and female. Some of the god templates from which the adamic race were copied, were female, which suggests that some of the gods were female. because in this verse, there's no gender identity for the gods, it's used in a general sense for both genders and the god word used is plural.
edit on 23-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

?????
????

Sure, whatever makes you sleep at night.... I stick with the Kings James Bible in this thread, remember? It is FAR superior in every way to a greek lexicon, be it Nestles, Hort's, or Robinsons.

As for this pipe dream of a "neutral gender" god....God would not like you calling him a woman. Remember that when you stand before HIM.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
If the Greek gods are mentioned in the bible, and are now discounted as mythology, and they are also interpreted as sons of God (the giants in genesis 6) surely that would also make the God of the bible a myth...

you can if you like...if you discount the greek gods. But remember, Troy was just a myth up until the 20th century

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by KJV1611

The 4 different accounts come from 4 different writers, easy enough right? To top it off, these four never got together and made sure their stories match.

Originally posted by butcherguy
Criminals have to make their stories match.

Judging by this, I will say that you admit that the Bible is the word of man, not the word of God.

Of course it is silly, its just giving much differently than any other book:
1 Timothy 3:16
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: "
2 PETER 1:21
"For the prophecy came not in OLD time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. "
GALATIANS 6:11
"Ye see how LARGE a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand. "

Once again, a little more ignorance is cleared up with good Bible teaching. Read people.....why doubt when you can read?
edit on 23-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Tayesin

Yeah but...your whole posted is based on your own self conceived assumptions.

I deal only with the Bible is this thread man, if you want to debate mystical stuff, make your own thread.

And why say ye our emotions are so small and tiny in the universe? Do you see any trees crying or animals singing together? Without our emotions we would be no better than a rock. Which God could also make shout and sing if he wanted too.

Not self-conceived assumptions brother, but observation from real direct experience over 50 years in all levels of awareness above the mundane human levels, including direct communion with what you call God... which we all can easily do without NEED of attachment to any Belief-System.

I know you stated only the Bible, but that is a Limitation implaced to maintain control.. it's a circular argument not allowing anything else into the equation that could potentially enlighten some readers... and show the limitations of the highly edited English translation Bible you refer to.

I say it because ALL things done by Humans is tiny, insignificant in the vastness of Our Universe. We think that way, we act and react that way, we certainly accept our Indoctrination from birth to function within the Limitations inherent in the system in the same way.. small and Limited.

Omnipotent means it is not limited by anything, which means nothing we can Think or Believe about an Omnipotent Being could possibly be close to the reality... and that includes all highly edited Books despite the attachment some have to those books in order to maintain their Comfort Zone.

No offence meant brother.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Thanks for your mature replies. But even 50 years of obversation...is still just personal opinion, and thus your assumptions are IMPOSED upon the Bible, which all ready has a solid position. A firm foundation if you will. Good reply non the less, I enjoyed it.

As for keeping this thread "under control" through use of the KJV Bible.....what is the world is the matter with that??!?!?! I applaud my efforts in this case thank you very much *pants back*

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Lots of Bible verses, and they appear to be KJV. Nothing wrong with that
But the Jews will get this planet, wait and see. As for that matter, they can have this freaking ball of DIRT!!! My destiny is in the Stars....

DEUTERONOMY 4:19
"And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath DIVIDED unto all nations under the whole heaven."

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Tayesin

the biblical example isn't a skeleton if you read it in the original hebrew. a lot of detail is hidden, obfuscated, misconstrued and misunderstood, because of the translations into greek, latin, german and english. most who criticize it, do so from their own paradigm, which carries with it the criticisms of the schools of thought on the subject, but not the actual material.

here's something you might find interesting:

did you know Enki may very well be identified as Jehovah in the original hebrew? I know sitchin thought he was Yahweh, but not Jehovah. I believe he is wrong. Jehovah is Yahweh. Enki's akkadian title of EA, is pronounced AYAH.

HAYAH is the root from which Jehovah derives. the H was the hebrew pronunciation of A in the word. you can hear it here: (see the little pronunciation player on the right, top)
www.blueletterbible.org...

if you read the description of hayah on that page, you might also notice that it seems to suggest the same concept as I AM I AM. the english text describes "I am that I am," incorrectly, as the word "that" was not in the original. The original was I AM I AM. Another way to say it might be, TO BE TO BE,
or IS IS, denoting a state of perpetual existence, et.al, omnipresence.

edit on 23-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

The original hebrew? really? what about the original greek too? Tell you what, you find me a copy of the "original" text and I'll read it. Good luck.....your going to need it.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join