It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by Tayesin
.........Isn't that a bit silly of us to Expect an Omnipotent Being to have any human Characteristics?

Lots of people can live their lives without any Hatred, and yet here is 'God' filled with Hatred for things we supposedly do... it makes no sense to me.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

Well, we were originally created in HIS IMAGE you know....but now we are a much lesser image made after Adam. So yeah, why wouldn't God have the same emotions as us? On a different scale of course.

Ahh, I knew you would reply saying that it was the Image thing.

Let's look at it from the perspective of Image meaning the Form, the basic human body structure.

And then let's think of God as an Omnipotent Being.. why should it have something so unimportant in the Universe as little Human Emotions ? Why woudn't it have characteristics so alien to us that we couldn't possibly understand it since it is so immense, so much more than human?

Of course, if we look at God from the source of the first few books of the Torah, we find ourselves reading the Sumerian history of Genesis. In which case God isn't an Omnipotent Being at all. Instead "He" is an Alien Visitor to Earth named NL, Elder brother to NK and sister Nin-Hursag who Manufactured the Human Form... there's that word again.. FORM.

He, NK, is credited with saying, "Let Us make man in Our Image." And when he said this he was within the Elohim.. Council of 12 (Gods). Which also tells us he wasn't alone here on earth.

What we call Adam, was the 2nd functional experimental Human Form that was manufactured. It was known as The Adamma. Adamma being the Type of Form for Homo Sapien Sapien.. Modern Man.

The earlier version was more like Neanderthal which "The Gods" found repugnant to look at, and, it was useless at non-linear problem solving. So it was replaced with the better, new and improved version.. us.

Back on topic proper...

A truly Omnipotent Being would be so far beyond anything we can imagine that we could all but guarantee it would have no Human Emotional Traits whatsover. And the physical "God" from ancient history is where we get our Beliefs about the Omnipotent God's chartacteristics.. which leave a lot to be desired really from any sort of Omnipotent God.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

the actual text there is:

So God 430 created 1254 man 120 in his [own] image 6754, in the image 6754 of God 430 created 1254 he him; male 2145 and female 5347 created 1254 he them.

every word with a number after it, was in the original hebrew. every word without a number, was not in the original hebrew. therefore, the verse said:

Elohim created adam image, image Elohim created; male female created.

the words "he, him" "he them" "in his own" were not in the original hebrew,
those were added by translators. furthermore, "Elohim" and "Adam" were both plural words.
so essentially the verse said: The gods created copies of themselves known as the adamic race, male and female. Some of the god templates from which the adamic race were copied, were female, which suggests that some of the gods were female. because in this verse, there's no gender identity for the gods, it's used in a general sense for both genders and the god word used is plural.
edit on 23-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If the Greek gods are mentioned in the bible, and are now discounted as mythology, and they are also interpreted as sons of God (the giants in genesis 6) surely that would also make the God of the bible a myth...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

The 4 different accounts come from 4 different writers, easy enough right? To top it off, these four never got together and made sure their stories match.

Criminals have to make their stories match.

Judging by this, I will say that you admit that the Bible is the word of man, not the word of God.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Tayesin

the actual text there is:

So God 430 created 1254 man 120 in his [own] image 6754, in the image 6754 of God 430 created 1254 he him; male 2145 and female 5347 created 1254 he them.

every word with a number after it, was in the original hebrew. every word without a number, was not in the original hebrew. therefore, the verse said:

Elohim created adam image, image Elohim created; male female created.

the words "he, him" "he them" "in his own" were not in the original hebrew,
those were added by translators. furthermore, "Elohim" and "Adam" were both plural words.
so essentially the verse said: The gods created copies of themselves known as the adamic race, male and female. Some of the god templates from which the adamic race were copied, were female, which suggests that some of the gods were female. because in this verse, there's no gender identity for the gods, it's used in a general sense for both genders and the god word used is plural.

Thanks for the information. I was unaware of the numbering system as illustrated. But I was refering to the source of the Hebrew Genesis as being the Sumerian history

In that history the words "Let us" and "our image" are used. Yes, Elohim is plural and specified the Council of 12 headed by Anu the father of NK and NL.

Yes, The Adamma is the Adamic race.. it is a Type of Form.

Yes, some of the gods were female. The Sumerian history tells us this, and specifies how those being employed to incubate the Adamma got fed up with being pregnant all the time so went on strike.. forcing NK and Nin-Hursag to modify the Type to manufacture a Female, interestingly using Marrow from the Rib.. a great source of DNA. And more interestingly they found the female could not reproduce, just like we found out when cross-breeding animal types. More work was doe to fix that problem and take the load of their own Females.

In the source material we find a far richer history filled with amazing detail, and what we find in the Bible today is a mere skeleton of the original due to editing (perhaps for brevity) that must have begun even before the Hebrew walked out of Sumer to journey into Egypt.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

You do know, love the jews and I know they will own this whole planet soon

The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.The world and all its people belong to him.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

Sort of dipping out of my realm, but yeah, sounds about right to me. You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people. Jesus Christ dying and making a way for all people to God, Jew and Gentile is what makes the New testament so wonderful.

He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

you shall be called by a new name

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth, after my skin is destroyed, yet in my flesh shall I see God

For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.

For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel

The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law

Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

the biblical example isn't a skeleton if you read it in the original hebrew. a lot of detail is hidden, obfuscated, misconstrued and misunderstood, because of the translations into greek, latin, german and english. most who criticize it, do so from their own paradigm, which carries with it the criticisms of the schools of thought on the subject, but not the actual material.

here's something you might find interesting:

did you know Enki may very well be identified as Jehovah in the original hebrew? I know sitchin thought he was Yahweh, but not Jehovah. I believe he is wrong. Jehovah is Yahweh. Enki's akkadian title of EA, is pronounced AYAH.

HAYAH is the root from which Jehovah derives. the H was the hebrew pronunciation of A in the word. you can hear it here: (see the little pronunciation player on the right, top)
www.blueletterbible.org...

if you read the description of hayah on that page, you might also notice that it seems to suggest the same concept as I AM I AM. the english text describes "I am that I am," incorrectly, as the word "that" was not in the original. The original was I AM I AM. Another way to say it might be, TO BE TO BE,
or IS IS, denoting a state of perpetual existence, et.al, omnipresence.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Gen 1:26 And God 430 said 559 , Let us make 6213 man 120 in our image 6754, after our likeness 1823: and let them have dominion 7287 over the fish 1710 of the sea 3220, and over the fowl 5775 of the air 8064, and over the cattle 929, and over all the earth 776, and over every creeping thing 7431 that creepeth 7430 upon the earth 776.

Elohim said, make adam image likeness
dominion fish sea, fowl air, cattle earth, creeping thing creepeth earth.

"let us" "in our" "after our" "let them" are just a few of the words that were not in the original.

here you can see every verse in the bible that contains the word man. this is strong's concordance. the numbers after the words can be clicked on to read the original hebrew, hear the pronunciation, and see the various meanings that particular word can have:
www.blueletterbible.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

ROMANS 9
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I HATED.

MALACHI 1
2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
3 And I HATED Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

So why does God hate Esau??????????? ↓↓↓↓

GENESIS 27:41
" And Esau HATED Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.

Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD HATE: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
PSALM 26
5 I have HATED the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

DEUTERONOMY 7:9-10 (goes along with it)
9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
10 And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.

Can't think of others, but I'll try to find you more than seven. Maybe this is all? I look some more.

You realise of course, that Esau gave rise to Edom, and that (as the Jewish Encyclopedia admits) Edom is in Jewry? Does God love the Jews? Fundie love for the Jews is an edifice without a foundation, or at least, without a sound foundation.

Cheer, Laz

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You talk liek that about all women, you're going to have a big female fan base

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

Even the ancient Egyptians have quite afew mentions but I keep getting those posts deleted for some strange and miraculous reason!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

You realise of course, that Esau gave rise to Edom, and that (as the Jewish Encyclopedia admits) Edom is in Jewry? Does God love the Jews? Fundie love for the Jews is an edifice without a foundation, or at least, without a sound foundation.

Why would God not love the jews? Are they not part of his creation?

It doesn't matter who "gave rise" to who, they're all a part of the whole...

God loves the world and everything in it from the smallest rock to the most hardened criminal... Hate comes from man not God, though hate is also a part of the whole. God has no reason to express such petty human emotions, and you won't find this in your bible.

look..

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Is that not love?

edit on 23-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."
This is dealing with RELIGIOUS LEADERS. read the context before any comment on "dads"

this is dealing with racial pride, especially making a "religion" out of it -which is pretty much behind all except Christ

But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

in Christ all make up One Body there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Jesus looks caucasian and handsome because it's not Jesus you are looking at but rather Leonardi de Vinci who painted the Last Supper and used his image on to that of Jesus.

Jesus was in fact approx 5'10, thin looking, auburn hair, hazel eyes and olive skin.

His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

What "holy" Bible are you using?

I've lost track of how many Christian churches and temples there are out there and all their bibles differ from each other.

Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike.

God's inheritance was given to Abraham. From Abraham to Issac to Jacob to Epraim.

God's 10 Commandments were given to Moses.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect

the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

Jesus was a Hebrew....he was born a Hebrew, lived a Hebrew, died a Hebrew, and was buried as a Hebrew.
So why don't the Christians abide by the 10 Commandments of Moses? Jesus was NOT Christian in any shape or form. A true Christian should abide by the ancient laws given to Moses, at minimal, the 7 Commandments of Noach.

Don't lecture me on my own laws....I know the ancient laws of the Hebrews better than you.

So the words of the Lord will be to them,
"A command here, a command there.
law upon law
A rule here, a rule there.

Who say, ‘Keep to yourself, Do not come near me, For I am holier than you!’ These are smoke in My nostrils, A fire that burns all the day.

And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?
And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother

And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain

I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

indeed when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Even that question came up only because of some so-called Christians there—false ones, really—who were secretly brought in. They sneaked in to spy on us and take away the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. They wanted to enslave us and force us to follow their Jewish regulations.(NLT)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by IAMIAM

You talk liek that about all women, you're going to have a big female fan base

Then send them my way and I will make them Priestesses in Heaven even as they have been silent Priestesses on earth.

All are pure and spotless as the lamb in my eyes, for that is how he taught to see the world, even as the father who is all has seen everything at the beginning of creation.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Why do you take only part of the Bible seriously? Why do Christians pick and choose?

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

If perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and sinners.

and this good news would be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression counted.

For he sent letters into all the king's provinces, into every province according to the writing thereof, and to every people after their language, that every man should bear rule in his own house, and that it should be published according to the language of every people.

And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I'm afraid you haven't answered my first question, "who is God repenting to?"

But I actually don't think it matters... Using a free program, e-Sword (the Sword of the Lord with an electronic edge!), I found that the Hebrew word used for repent is,
נחם
nâcham (naw-kham')
A primitive root; properly to sigh, that is, breathe strongly; by implication to be sorry, that is, (in a favorable sense) to pity, console or (reflexively) rue; or (unfavorably) to avenge (oneself): - comfort (self), ease [one’s self], repent (-er, -ing, self).

I'll give you one thing, nâcham says a lot about the self so I can see how the Lord repented to himself: Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Self repentance.... Soooo, maybe I don't need an answer there

The Hebrew word for Grieve is,
עצב
‛âtsab (aw-tsab')
A primitive root; properly to carve, that is, fabricate or fashion; hence (in a bad sense) to worry, pain or anger: - displease, grieve, hurt, make, be sorry, vex, worship, wrest.

Quite a bit different than the word repent.

thesaurus:
01 Repent
02 Grieve
dictionary:
01 Repent
02 Grieve

It's quite a revelation hey, how words of a different language can be hard to construe.
Maybe, as in the days of old, we should learn the language/s of the writer/s.

I was looking/reading, over these lines again and I noticed something,

Job 38:4-7
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the MORNING stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

So before the world was here, there were "morning stars" who sang and "sons of God" who also shout for joy....

My response was flawed:

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
You say that, "before the world was here, there were "morning stars" who sang"
I think this points more to the bible being written by man, inspired by the world around him... you can't have morning stars without morning or evening and you can’t have either without an orb called a planet (earth). I dunno, it seems to LEND to the astronaut theory if anything.

you see, you said "So before the world was here...." (it's right ^^up there), but that verse, if read correctly actually states the world was there. God says, "Where wast thou when I..." implying he had actually made the earth already (according to the bible), and the morning stars and angels did give song. So we were both wrong

You say ancient astronaut theory is (half) true!

The ancient astronaut theory is one that I think of as possible (I’m not a huge proponent, I think it possible), just as I find it possible that you may be right and I am wrong, would you agree with me that there may be a possibility that you are wrong?

Its not a theory, it happened. Genesis chapter 6, go read it, you'll like it. I just didn't happen EXACTLY as Stichen says.

But, you didn't answer my question, it is there.^^

Personifying God, to me, means he is below the true progenitor of the universe; who apart from existing holds no contention with man, or anything in existence, who is the duality, the cause and effect, and who is all laws by which our perceptions are run. This God does not need to intervene, only to be. And Gods BEing is within everything.

You see, this is where most problems stem from. What you just said was YOUR pure opinion. Now opinions are not bad and all, but if you want to weigh your opinion against the God of the Bible...good luck. If your right so be it. But if your wrong...my oh my....read my sig ↓

It is my opinion, and I DON'T want to weigh it against the Bible or God, or any book or deity. Judgments, so very very consciously conceived, shouldn't be thrown around, as with weighing of differing opinions of faith and spirituality..

lastly another question
Is the Garden of Eden on Earth? or, Where is the Garden of Eden?
Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Also, What are cherubims, and why are they always mentioned as cherubims, not cherubim?
, What are seraphim, and why are they only mentioned twice(!) in Isaiah?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Why would God not love the jews? Are they not part of his creation?

It doesn't matter who "gave rise" to who, they're all a part of the whole...

God loves the world and everything in it from the smallest rock to the most hardened criminal... Hate comes from man not God, though hate is also a part of the whole. God has no reason to express such petty human emotions, and you won't find this in your bible.

look..

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Is that not love?

edit on 23-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Odd that you should take that tack, for the text of KJV1611, which I quoted, included the explicit statement by God that He hated Esau. So He does hate, and that tosses your "God loves every rock, etc" theology in the circular file, does it not? Don't you know that theology absorbs thirty-seven times it's weight in excess reality??Actually, if really knew the Bible, you would know that the God of that Bible ascribes a whole range of "human" emotions to Himself, and yet you say I won't find it my Bible. I already have, that hated hate verse about Esau. God describes Himself as having eyes, ears, a mouth, arms, emotions, etc, as a way to communicate to our limited, carnal minds. He is far beyond our understanding, granted, but when He says he hates, I believe it.

BTW, watch this, as I don't think KJV1611 will ever answer my questions on this issue - I don't think he can, or will.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Lazarus Short because: more to say

edit on 23-3-2011 by Lazarus Short because: punch-u-ation

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thus saith me, the Bible was written by men and the sons of men. Man being fallible, maybe they gotteth some of it wrongeth.

Yea, though I travel through this world led by the words of men passethed of as the words of God, I shall feareth not, as I can write(eth) mine own Bible. My Bible should carryeth the same weight, as it will be written by a man that puts E-T-H at the end of words.

Whatever, I can't believe that there are people that write in the style of the KJV Bible, well now I do. Then I wonder, do these people talk this way?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join