It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 14
13
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagoSA
reply to post by KJV1611
 


beg to differ. King James I, was originally King James of Scotland before ascending the throne to unite the kingdoms of england and scotland.

pfft. even in the time period previous of King James' acension, no one spoke English in Scotland of note. His court was known for having a difficult dialect of Middle Scots. he was also a stanch Scots advocate, penning Ane Schort Treatise conteining some Reulis and Cautelis to be observit and eschewit in Scottis poesie when he was 19... and this was what the KJV was written in, his native Court dialect. The KJV was not intended to be used outside of the Church of England, as it was written to reflect Anglican ecclesiology and structure.

My sources for this include David daiches who wrote "The King James Version of the English Bible: An Account of the Development and Sources of the English Bible of 1611 With Special Reference to the Hebrew Tradition."



The original 1611 edition of the authorized version was hard to read, but I am talking about the 1769 edition, you, I and everyone else reads. I agree that the first one was hard to read, I own a copy of it. But the Bible the Bible we have today is very easy to read and quite beautiful. As for King James coming from Scotland, this is common history? What was your point?
edit on 22-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Check my reply to 2012king out. I can show you much more. People, you need to wake up. God will not let just anyone who has a soft heart into heaven. He has standards, to say the least. I can quote you at least 7 verses where God says he hates individuals, not just groups of people. ALWAYS remember, God is love, but he also is HOLY, and will not tolerate sin, much less look at it.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
reply to post by KJV1611
 

Can God make an object so heavy he is unable to lift it?
I know this sounds like an odd question, but if you (or anyone) could please answer this I would appreciate it. Thanks
edit on 22-3-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)


I have heard this one a many of times. The premise is to try and question if God is omnipotent. The answer is, he could make a object that heavy, but then only he could left it. And on and on we could go...next.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Check my reply to 2012king out. I can show you much more. People, you need to wake up. God will not let just anyone who has a soft heart into heaven. He has standards, to say the least. I can quote you at least 7 verses where God says he hates individuals, not just groups of people. ALWAYS remember, God is love, but he also is HOLY, and will not tolerate sin, much less look at it.


If you must use scripture...

please state these verses....

also please realize you're asking someone to look back over 14 pages for your reply...


edit on 22-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
Check my reply to 2012king out. I can show you much more. People, you need to wake up. God will not let just anyone who has a soft heart into heaven. He has standards, to say the least. I can quote you at least 7 verses where God says he hates individuals, not just groups of people. ALWAYS remember, God is love, but he also is HOLY, and will not tolerate sin, much less look at it.


He does have a standard my friend, keep the Commandments of Christ, Love God and Love your neighbor. That is how one enters Heaven. You are on the outside waiting to get in. I am inside giving the final call for the party. Do not tarry too long lest the door be closed and you find yourself locked without.

But don't take my word for it, do not take Christ's word for it, but Watch. Watch my friend and watch very carefully.

Final Warning

Notice the date?

Watch!



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
reply to post by KJV1611
 

Can God make an object so heavy he is unable to lift it?
I know this sounds like an odd question, but if you (or anyone) could please answer this I would appreciate it. Thanks
edit on 22-3-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)


Yes my friend God can create such a thing and not create a paradox. He created Man's free will which he cannot lift out of love. Man must lift it from the base use of self service, to the higher more glorious purpose of serving all.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 22-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir
 


I like your profile pic


Ok, you asked:

But God repents, as you said (I've quoted below), for creating man, so how can he be sinless, also, who is he repenting to? Himself?


God did in fact repent a few times. But the Bible says God is sinless. So the question now is: What does the word "repent mean" Using the Bibles built in dictionary (the only book in the world with one, thank you God) we can look up the FIRST TIME this word is used in the Bible to get the meaning of the word for the rest of the book.(this can be used for any word in the Bible by the way)

Genesis 6:6
"And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."

awww, this doesn't look like being sorry for a sin at all, but it does show God was "grieved in the heart" for what he had done, which was make man. Sort of puts a downer on all us humans huh
So the word repent means to truly feel bad for something you have done. It doesn't not have to be a sin.



I have to ask, in who’s image were these other creatures created from, if not the God of the Bible?

The other animals in the world appear to be made in the image of the cherubim and seraphim. As for what image they were made after, I would say they were God's original recipe?






You say that, "before the world was here, there were "morning stars" who sang"
I think this points more to the bible being written by man, inspired by the world around him... you can't have morning stars without morning or evening and you can’t have either without an orb called a planet (earth). I dunno, it seems to LEND to the astronaut theory if anything.

A star in the Bible is 9 times out of 10 an angel. I can post you 7 verses if you like, but a simple concordance check will show you the same thing.



The ancient astronaut theory is one that I think of as possible (I’m not a huge proponent, I think it possible), just as I find it possible that you may be right and I am wrong, would you agree with me that there may be a possibility that you are wrong?


Its not a theory, it happened. Genesis chapter 6, go read it, you'll like it. I just didn't happen EXACTLY as Stichen says.


Personifying God, to me, means he is below the true progenitor of the universe; who apart from existing holds no contention with man, or anything in existence, who is the duality, the cause and effect, and who is all laws by which our perceptions are run. This God does not need to intervene, only to be. And Gods BEing is within everything.

You see, this is where most problems stem from. What you just said was YOUR pure opinion. Now opinions are not bad and all, but if you want to weigh your opinion against the God of the Bible...good luck. If your right so be it. But if your wrong...my oh my....read my sig ↓

edit on 22-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MagoSA
 


P.s My sources are Gail Riplinger Her site
Please check her stuff out, she is just like you it appears, although a very huge KJV supporter and defender.

William Grady The second best Book I have ever read (What hath God Wrought?)
expensive books though


And I have many more sources if you would like to know. I like Clarence Larkin, Peter Ruckman, Henry Morris, Sam Gibbs, and many more.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611
 



Check my reply to 2012king out. I can show you much more.

I can post you 7 verses if you like, but a simple concordance check will show you the same thing.


What is the point of this, if you want to use scripture use it....don't say what you can show, SHOW IT!

my head hurts



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by DrChuck
 


But how on earth can Jesus come from the House of David (it's actually the House of Judah) when he was not the biological son of Joseph and his mother Mary was (arguably) from the House of Levi?

All I got was mumbo jumbo about when a husband dies his brother has to marry the wife or something along those lines......except Mary was never married before Joseph and that she was already engaged to Joseph when she fell pregnant. There is no mention of siblings of Joseph.

Now from what I'm reading, Mary visited a relative Elizabeth, away from Joseph for 3 months; it is here that she fell pregnant. Joseph almost broke off the engagement but sounds like, from what I'm reading, he got conned by a visitor from the Temple to harsh things up and marry Mary.

The Catholics are adament that Mary never have sexual relations to Joseph, while in other bibles, doctraine says Jesus had brothers and sisters younger than he suggesting Mary did have more children after Jesus.

I'm also reading a little on how some of Jesus' hippie followers did'nt like Mary very much and one of them thought Mary did'nt support her son much and thought he was somewhat mad.

While Jesus was a child, his family moved to Egypt for two years. After their return they visited Jerusalem where Jesus around 13 years of age got lost and did'nt return home until he was 30 years of age.

So far what I am reading, it just sounds like everything is in conflict with each other.

I've read some information from 4 different churches now and they all tell a different story.


Stick with the King James Bible and lump all the rest. I'll take the heat from God for you if I am wrong about this. I know the KJV is God's word's for the english speaking people today. Why do you think english became the world language? Manifest Destiny?


As for your contradictions above, I have read the Bible cover to cover 8 times and never once found an error or contradiction. I'm still not getting where your coming from about Mary and Joseph and the whole bloodline thing?!?!?! Like I said, a direct bloodline does not matter. Just a legal one.
edit on 22-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by MagoSA
 


yeah the flat earth thing is not the flat earth thing.
the exact meaning is, the edges of the ground, the land. earth=land. vs. the water. humans are land dwelling creatures (i mean, we don't naturally breathe water once outside the womb).
the corners were the four directions. so the four corners of the earth, were the farthest extent of the land mass vs. the water, in all four directions, NSEW (north, south, east and west)

the original hebrew for corner means "edge"
which is an example of where reading it in the original hebrew is better
edit on 22-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)


Come on people, why was this question ever even brought up? Everyone knows that the Bible knew the earth was round 500 years before Pythagoras came up with the idea.

ISAIAH 40:22
"It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: "



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5


Excuse me......Mr KJV

You said not all humans are equal. Can you tell how you came to this conclusion?

Because I'm not a Christian I'm doing my best to learn all this stuff and I'm getting really confused after poking around on 4 different church websites.

Can you tell me which Christian church is telling the truth and why?


Independent Baptist are the closest to Biblical Christianity I can find. They use just the Bible for doctrine.

No church traditions are the catholics.
No Jihads and the muslims
No rock music as the worldly "come as you are" and leave as you came churches (these are the department store churches and school/movie churches.)
No 2 year mission as the Mormans
No 144,000 only people to go to heaven as the JW's believe.
Basically, they are just like Martin Luther said "Sola scriptura" or only scripture.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by bluemirage5


Excuse me......Mr KJV

You said not all humans are equal. Can you tell how you came to this conclusion?

Because I'm not a Christian I'm doing my best to learn all this stuff and I'm getting really confused after poking around on 4 different church websites.

Can you tell me which Christian church is telling the truth and why?


Independent Baptist are the closest to Biblical Christianity I can find. They use just the Bible for doctrine.

No church traditions are the catholics.
No Jihads and the muslims
No rock music as the worldly "come as you are" and leave as you came churches (these are the department store churches and school/movie churches.)
No 2 year mission as the Mormans
No 144,000 only people to go to heaven as the JW's believe.
Basically, they are just like Martin Luther said "Sola scriptura" or only scripture.


So this makes humans unequal...

We should compare ourselves, saying "my religion is right yours is wrong"




posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
Here's the Q: About the 144,000 mentioned in revelation, who are they exactly and what does it mean?
Also, are you really one of them? I must say that's quite lucky.


REVELATION 14:1-6
"1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, "

Revelation 7:4-...
"4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. etc...

No. My little tax deductions can atest to this. I am not a virgin, nor am I am I a Jew, nor am I without fault, nor do I follow the lamb around whithersoever he goeth. These are 12,000 Jews from each tribe of Israel making 144,000 in all. As for what it means, these 144k preach the Gospel of the Kingdom (another Gospel besides the Gospel of Grace) to the Jew during the Tribulation, as well as to the gentile powers. As for them being the firstfruits, thats will take another post and another question, I'm tired of typing.


how are you sure you are going to heaven?
(if I have a choice I'll choose to stay on earth thanks, there's work to be done. Work that's waaaay over-due, and I've always been a last minute kinda guy
as Mickey, from Snatch, said "yi ste till the jobs dun")


Yes I am sure I am going to Heaven. Why shouldn't I be? Yes, I'm a dirty rotting sinner just like you, but the difference is, I'm trusting in Jesus's death on the cross for my sin payment

Romans 6:23
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Since Jesus died for me, now I don't have to die (spiritual in Hell forever) My soul can now go to heaven when my sinful body dies and I will have eternal life. As a free gift too ↑

So if the Bible is correct, which I believe it is:

1 John 5:13
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Then I KNOW I am going to heaven just as this verse and many more tell me. If they Holy Bible is wrong, what have I to lose? I tried to live a Holy life, raised my children Godly, and have Biblical morals. What could be wrong with that? But if the Bible is true....and you don't accept Jesus as your personal savior as well, what will happen to you?


[
edit on 22-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Alright, I'm try again:

Why does the Bible treat mass rape and enslavement of prisoners as moral?
Why does the Bible treat slavery in general as moral?
Why does the Bible directly conflict with both verified historical and verified scientific knowledge?


Thank you for making your post concise and straight forward!!!! learn this lesson peoples....

ok,

Why does the Bible treat mass rape and enslavement of prisoners as moral?

Enslavement of prisoners is.....normal
Would you rather they not be captured but running free?
As for mass rape, you must remember, the Bible is primarily a history book, and just because something bad is recorded, does not mean God always condones it. I can't think of a time when God told the es to mass rape someone...? can you help me out? Not Man telling man to do this, but God saying it.


Why does the Bible treat slavery in general as moral?

premise is wrong. The Bible lays outs principles and guidlines for "servants"
JEREMIAH 2:14
"Is Israel a servant? is he a homeborn SLAVE? why is he spoiled? "

There is a difference and distinction. The Bible just isn't so politically correct as to not mention real world happenings. Besides, everyone knows Africa has the corner market on slavery (Exodus anyone?). Heck, the Arabians were the first slave traders in the Bible! Jacobs sons sold Joseph to them in Genesis.
Even in the new testament servant commandments can still be found. Mexican immigrants maybe?



Why does the Bible directly conflict with both verified historical and verified scientific knowledge?

It doesn't come on now. Many, many historic archaeological towns and cities, not to mention manuscripts have been found. Do your own google search for examples, I'm tired. As for the scientific knowledge part, the Bible on consititantly been 3000 to 4000 years ahead of science in any era. Even your beloved avatar cried and begged God to forgive him on his death bed for what he said about evolution. He cried "its fake, its all false!" Look it up, you'll be surprised.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


I liked my answers better....but hey, the more ideas to play with the better!



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611
 


I didn't even read the revelation stuff, pointless.

Out of everything you just said...


Yes I am sure I am going to Heaven. Why shouldn't I be?


Yay! Star for you!!

i do admire your passion though i'd prefer to hear your own words.

I wish i could give half stars



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
My God i have so much to say to the OP, but this is his thread...

I've noticed how you dance around answers yet have no answers of your own, typical christian if you don't mind me saying so...

I will comment on one thing though... You avoid IAMIAM like the plague, but considering what you're teaching your fellow christians i probably would avoid answering him as well...

SO...for the second time in your thread....let me help you.

Have you eliminated from your mind all things which cause offence?
Have you given all your earthly wealth to the poor and taught the Kingdom of Heaven?
Have you refused to judge others?
Have you opened your heart up to loving all?
Have you visited those in prison, gave water to all who thirst, clothed those who are naked?
Have you taught the blind to see?
Have you healed the sick?
Have you done all these things in Christ's name?

Can you recognise one who has?

Do you hear the voice of the lamb?

Do you know who I AM?

-----------------------------------------

Where in the world did you come up with this lovey dovey stuff? This is not the teachings of the Bible. Possibly a new age version of the bible...but not the Authorized Version. Why should I cure the blind or sick? Or hear a lambs voice? And I am commanded to judge my friend, myself first then others, so as to not have a beam in my eye. If we don't judge each other, then you have anarchy


1. As i've stated many times before, use your own words...quoting scripture proves nothing other then the fact that you're brainwashed according to your own book. I thought you were answering questions here not quoting scriptures, and your answered do not reflect the teachings of christ...

2.

Why should I cure the blind
Because christ asked you to do so....do you not follow him as all christians do? IN this thread you are not teaching the blind to see, you are keeping them blind from the truth...Thus the blind leading the blind.

3.

And I am commanded to judge my friend, myself first then others, so as to not have a beam in my eye. If we don't judge each other, then you have anarchy


Here we go with the Judge rightously quote.....You are not taught to judge any man, simple as that....If you believe that you're just compounding what many can already see....you are blind to the truth... Your hate and judgement shine through your words like a flare in the night.

I could write a book about the things you've told these people honestly...

But please continue...the hole you're digging is quite deep already

Dispite this you still have my love. I only hope one day you'll see past the pages in your book and look into the Wicked heart which you claim we all have.


edit on 22-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)


These are not Bible questions, and I did answer them anyway. Besides, I answered all his question through other posts as well. Read around some guys before you ask the same things. I'll just ignore you.



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by Akragon
My God i have so much to say to the OP, but this is his thread...

I've noticed how you dance around answers yet have no answers of your own, typical christian if you don't mind me saying so...

I will comment on one thing though... You avoid IAMIAM like the plague, but considering what you're teaching your fellow christians i probably would avoid answering him as well...

SO...for the second time in your thread....let me help you.

Have you eliminated from your mind all things which cause offence?
Have you given all your earthly wealth to the poor and taught the Kingdom of Heaven?
Have you refused to judge others?
Have you opened your heart up to loving all?
Have you visited those in prison, gave water to all who thirst, clothed those who are naked?
Have you taught the blind to see?
Have you healed the sick?
Have you done all these things in Christ's name?

Can you recognise one who has?

Do you hear the voice of the lamb?

Do you know who I AM?

-----------------------------------------

Where in the world did you come up with this lovey dovey stuff? This is not the teachings of the Bible. Possibly a new age version of the bible...but not the Authorized Version. Why should I cure the blind or sick? Or hear a lambs voice? And I am commanded to judge my friend, myself first then others, so as to not have a beam in my eye. If we don't judge each other, then you have anarchy


1. As i've stated many times before, use your own words...quoting scripture proves nothing other then the fact that you're brainwashed according to your own book. I thought you were answering questions here not quoting scriptures, and your answered do not reflect the teachings of christ...

2.

Why should I cure the blind
Because christ asked you to do so....do you not follow him as all christians do? IN this thread you are not teaching the blind to see, you are keeping them blind from the truth...Thus the blind leading the blind.

3.

And I am commanded to judge my friend, myself first then others, so as to not have a beam in my eye. If we don't judge each other, then you have anarchy


Here we go with the Judge rightously quote.....You are not taught to judge any man, simple as that....If you believe that you're just compounding what many can already see....you are blind to the truth... Your hate and judgement shine through your words like a flare in the night.

I could write a book about the things you've told these people honestly...

But please continue...the hole you're digging is quite deep already

Dispite this you still have my love. I only hope one day you'll see past the pages in your book and look into the Wicked heart which you claim we all have.


edit on 22-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)


These are not Bible questions, and I did answer them anyway. Besides, I answered all his question through other posts as well. Read around some guys before you ask the same things. I'll just ignore you.



WHAT..!?!

:bnghd:



posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TattooedWarrior

An award can be positive or negative. IMO
Ps - If Jesus isn't his own father then how can he be part of the pantheistic godhead you refer to?



Very good, you get the point, it can be bad or good.

As for Jesus being his own father, that is false. The God head, or trinity is three distinct beings, that act as one.

So are you by the way

You have a body =Jesus/Son
Your soul dwells in your body =God/Father
Your spirit gives you life. Holy Spirit/ Life

Its really some what difficult to understand, I agree with you there. But I am not told to understand this concept of God, just to believe in it.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join