It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Here will be the start of an answer to every question ATS may have about the Holy Bible, Christians, or God in general.

I would like to keep this thread orderly with as little "bible bashing" as possible, though I know avoidance all together would be impossible...and dull

Ask any kind of questions and get a Bible answer from myself and hopefully other mature Christians here on ATS.

The answers will come from a King James Bible as it the most widely used, accepted, and beloved version there is. Not to mention the inspired, preserved "words" of God. If I can't find an answer, I will say so, and not make up some fake story to prove a point.

So who wants to start off?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Why were all jesus drinking buddies declared saints?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

LMAO!!!

clasic man...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What kind of questions? questions about the bible or just life in general?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Why do races of men not from the tribe of the Hebrews place importance on them? Wouldn't it be like a modern descendant of the Hebrews to follow a religion from the Cherokee tribe?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
^^ That was good but I will ask a serious one. Is there a life after life? As in reincarnation. Is it on Earth or could it be elsewhere?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
From where did Cain's wife come?

He was only one of three people (the other two staying behind) on the face of the earth after he left in exile to a different land.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am very confused.
If God and Jesus are the same entity does this mean that Jesus is his own father????

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
heres one i asked in a different thread but didnt get a reply, what did god do before he supposedly created us/everything?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Jesus never drank wine. This common misconception comes from the Gospel of John 2:1-10.
Read the story and tell me where he drunk wine.
Also, if he would have given his friends fermented wine, such as liquor as most people equate this with, he would have broken and old testament law.

HABAKKUK 2:15
"Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness! "

Anyone knows if grape juice sits out in the sun and has a chance to ferment, it turns to booze. New wine, which Jesus made was fresh grape juice. Read verse 10 again of John chapter 2 to see the old, and new wine contrast.

Last part of your question is simple. All Christians are saints. Once you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, you become a saint. No man can make another man a saint, regardless of what the catholic church teaches and worships.
edit on 21-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Jesus never drank wine. This common misconception comes from the Gospel of John 2:1-10.
Read the story and tell me where he drunk wine.
Also, if he would have given his friends fermented wine, such as liquor as most people equate this with, he would have broken and old testament law.

HABAKKUK 2:15
"Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness! "

Anyone knows if grape juice sits out in the sun and has a chance to ferment, it turns to booze. New wine, which Jesus made was fresh grape juice. Read verse 10 again of John chapter 2 to see the old, and new wine contrast.

Last part of your question is simple. All Christians are saints. Once you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, you become a saint. No man can make another man a saint, regardless of what the catholic church teaches and worships.
So you dont have to meet any requirements anymore to be a saint?This is great news,i will tell everyone i know , i am now a saint.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

How about questions about things dealing with mainly Christians. Any weird ideas or questions you have that you may think come from the Bible.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Three parts to my question...

How does the bible look upon Murderers, Homosexual and people who reject the notion of God?

Also, is it true God made us in his image?

And finally if we were made in his image, is God a murderous, homosexual atheist?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Are you a priest?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by KJV1611

Why do races of men not from the tribe of the Hebrews place importance on them? Wouldn't it be like a modern descendant of the Hebrews to follow a religion from the Cherokee tribe?

Races of men do this....because the God of the Bible puts importance on them.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet. Just read Exodus, Joshua, Judges, and the rest of the old testament for more examples! There endless.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Following on from my previous question, if God/Jesus fathered himself then how can Jesus be 'of the line of David'?
I ask this because the bible clearly states that Joseph and NOT Mary was of the line of David and as Joseph did'nt father Jesus then Jesus cannot be descended from David and as such cannot be the messiah because he does'nt have the credentials according to the old testament prophesies. Thank you in advance for your reply.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by KJV1611

Races of men do this....because the God of the Bible puts importance on them.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet. Just read Exodus, Joshua, Judges, and the rest of the old testament for more examples! There endless.

oh boy here we go...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacofunk64
^^ That was good but I will ask a serious one. Is there a life after life? As in reincarnation. Is it on Earth or could it be elsewhere?

According to the Bible, the most certainly is. HEBREWS 9:27 "And as it is APPOINTED unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"

Luke 16:19-31

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

And many more accounts if you would like me to post them.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't mean this as an attack I honestly am looking for a reason.

Where did the bible give permission for the church to kill anyone who would not convert, sometimes in very inhuman ways? Allow for manifest destiny?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My questions...

What are your qualifications as an expert that allows you to accurately answer questions relating to Christianity and the Bible?

How do you explain the obvious contradictions of the bible?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join