It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Koreans Told To Use Pets As Quake Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea advised its citizens Sunday to use their pets as an early-warning system for earthquakes, amid heightened fears following Japan's quake and tsunami disaster.

While Pyongyang has also told North Koreans about the technology it has in place to anticipate disasters, state media urged the public to take note when animals behave oddly.

www.myfoxdc.com...#

This is North Korean technology at it's finest. While it makes sense obviously, I sincerely hope NK has a better plan in place to protect its' citizens. Not that it would matter, as we humans have no proven method for earthquake prediction.
edit on 21-3-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

It's actually very smart as animals are much more connected to the universe then we are. We humans have become so detached from anything but ourselves it's sad.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NNEECE

I agree. It's obvious by ancient observatories, etc. that our ancestors were far more in tune with the universe and it's cycles.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NNEECE

So far it also seems to be one of the few accurate methods of predicting earthquakes.
edit on 21-3-2011 by prolific because: spelling D:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Of course pets in North Korea are acting strange, have you been to a Korean restaurant?
(Mystery meat)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
common sense coming from NK?

so you guys still dont believe the world is ending? lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Yes, this may be the first rational thing I have heard come out of NK in quite some time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't think animals will feel anything and act strange if the earthquake is man-made. They can only feel natural disasters.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If only animals could speak in our language or we theirs - I wonder how much we could learn about our planet and nature from them.

We think we're so clever with all our technology, but it cannot protect us from nature.

If I was a living planet, I wouldn't want to be infested with humans either.

Would you?

edit on 21-3-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

join