It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of the strange sound phenomenon heard around the world.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I am not sure if my story is somehow related to this same phenomenon, but it is a strange occurance none the less. I live in Oxnard California, a city about 90 miles north of Los Angeles California. Mind you, my mom related this story to me in the morning and i later called my sister to find out exactly what had happened. Early yesterday morning my sister called my mom panicked and asked her if she was ok and if we had experienced the earthquake too? We felt nothing, but my mom says some neighborhood dogs were barking too (I slept through this) My mom told me she could hear dogs barking loudly in the background as she was talking to my sister. Our sister lives about 15 minutes away from here. She was perplexed that my mom hadn't also felt the "earthquake". My sister related that at about 3:30 in the morning, my sister, woke up to the sounds of the neighborhood dogs barking uncontrollably. She found it odd and a bit unsettling but tried to go back to sleep, she said that a few minutes after, her and her husband along w my little nephew woke up to the entire house shaking uncontrollably. they said it was bad enough to where they couldn't gain proper footing off the bed so they stumbled toward their little one, grabbed a bag w their important documents and ran outside.my sister said the shaking lasted about a minute but after the shaking was gone, she could hear a consistent sound of what can only describe as rock rubbing against rock for about a minutes. strangely, after the shaking was over, she could also hear what appeared to be something or someone kicking the # out of the metal sliding car gate, my brother in law went out to see if for some strange reason someone was hitting or kicking the gate but there was no one there, and it just simpy sounded like a hundred different bangs going on at the same time against the metal gate. She said their landlady which lives directly infront of their house was outside too but didn't feel the earthquake, only heard some strange sounds (she was there while the gate was vibrating/shaking) Non one else around the neighborhood was outside their homes ( as is typical when everyone experiences an earthquake or other unsettling events) my sister also called our brother who lives about the same distance from her as us (10, 15 mins) and said that they felt nothing, but that the dogs in their neighborhood were barking too. My sister stayed up the rest of the night/morning. She said that the dogs kept barking for a solid two hrs after the whole event had taken place. She was very scared. She asked people at work, and nothing..she looked up earthquakes online and found nothing (at least nothing local). The Japan earthquake happened earlier in the night (about 5 hrs prior to the shaking) and wasn't reported to affect the pacific coast or anywhere near California either way. My sister thinks its a possibly the precursor to a sink hole under her home? not sure, she's gonna have her landlord check the foundation of her house and says she getting back to me though there doesn't appear to be any visible signs of damage. Wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar, to where shaking/vibration is only felt by one family or small group of people? versus entire towns or parts of town? It's unsettling and just doesn't really add up to any phenomenon that I am aware of but ironically enough i had come across this website a week or so ago and my sisters experience sort of drew a parallel in my mind with this thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am relieved in a way to know that this has happened elsewhere and I would like to take a moment to explain what happened to me yesterday. It was August 21st, 2011 1:30pm and the skies were clear, sunny, and an actually beautiful day with low humidity in the low 80's...except for the sudden deafening roar that sounded and shook me to my core. It lasted for several minutes and was so loud I seriously thought a plane was about to crash and I ran for cover. I have seen some of the videos that have mentioned strange noises, but this was far louder. I feel like a complete schmuck for not thinking of grabbing my phone and recording it but I was in a duck and cover mode as I frantically darted around for a 'safe place' and then realized being on the third floor apartment there is no place to be and I was freaking out. I called my husband afterwards to see if he was on his way home and if he had seen anything but he was still a town over and had not. I swore other people would be standing out on their balconies or outside to see what it was, but I never saw anyone. It was really scary and I never saw a plane or anything but it was a deafening roar sound. I have watched television programs when jets have created a sonic boom, but this was nothing like that. I don't talk about it but this same thing happened about twenty years ago and I dismissed it as my imagination of an eight year old, but when this happened yesterday it was identical to the sound I heard as a child, and I was pretty shaken up. I am in Illinois.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm from the UK in Peterborough (east Anglia)
I heard it this morning around 7:45am lasted till about 8:15am
Its not the first time ive heard this sound but usually it happens at night.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is the closest video i could find that sounded similar to the noise

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
you all do realize that most of the noises your hearing are just highway/road resurfacing machines grinding the asphalt off the road. they do most of the work at night, when traffic is the lightest. you should call your county offices, and see if they have/had any road construction projects going on when you had your experiences.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney
you all do realize that most of the noises your hearing are just highway/road resurfacing machines grinding the asphalt off the road. they do most of the work at night, when traffic is the lightest. you should call your county offices, and see if they have/had any road construction projects going on when you had your experiences.

This could be the most plausible explanation (at least for my experiences)...

There has been a ton of local road construction going on lately, but it seems strange that they would do it in a residential area so late at night.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
They are reporting "Sound Barrier Testing" here in NE Oklahoma area. Lots of aircraft activity the past 2 days. Loud booms, etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've heard it in Illinois once or twice, I really didn't know what I was hearing so I took my little black bag, and ran outside; naively believing I'd see the doctor.
There was nothing there but that sound, so closed my eyes and tried to follow it, nothing. It was everywhere and that noise did sound like the TARDIS, I don't care what anybody says.

That was one of the strangest moments in my life......go figure.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

It reminds me of that map of the dead bird incidents a while back...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

www.wbir.com...

I wanted to add this to your map. I just found this link in twitter. Kuddos.

second line

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots

Originally posted by lordpiney

This could be the most plausible explanation (at least for my experiences)...

There has been a ton of local road construction going on lately, but it seems strange that they would do it in a residential area so late at night.

Well, the HUM is most interesting, and for those of you that do not the the difference between construction noise and the end of the world, please have at least a tolerable outcome for Common Sense. As of my research and interest into this "HUM", I have found that there is no known reason for this hum, not night crew construction, asphalt scrapers, dump trucks, I have worked in Masonry and carpentry for over 12 years , residential and commercial and yet to hear this HUM, On another note, yes you are correct that alot of these video's it is just plain construction, most that hear are Cubical workers and ignorant to their surroundings and environment, sorry no putting you down, its your lack of knowledge.

Great finds, but Let all in the search for truth to debunk this HUM

Much Love

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i'm in atlanta, ga. my gf and i (and my parents who live couple miles away) all heard/slightly felt it...about a month ago. a sunday evening. HUGE...WEIRD cloud over head. have video of the cloud but i don't think the rumbling was going on when i was shooting...my camera died so only got a couple minutes of vid. the noise went on for nearly 2 hours. no major construction going on. live in the suburbs. NO reason for this noise/vibration to be happening.

i think THEY know what the noise is...but don't want us to know. by how spread out the noises are (they have been heard around the world), how long the noises last and the depth of the sound/vibration...i really don't think it's man made. i think it's mom...waking up. stretching...yawning...about to shake the fleas off...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Some disturbing stuff for you guys to ponder.
I think its mother nature giving its signals, better take precaution.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Ugh. Make it stop. :\ I am tired of whatever this stuff is that causing my whole apt to feel as if its sitting atop a broken washing machine that attempts the spin cycle and fails in varying intensities. I am honestly unsure if this is even natural movements...it sure feels abnormal but we are having gusty winds too..

Tonight i actually heard booms..sounded like thunder claps at first but they stop shortly after starting. That was a few hours back, now its dead quiet aside from crickets, and our night train obnoxiously honking his horn and a car here and there. Normal stuff for the hour but the deafening silence is back. Its like I can almost feel it. Ears rang some earlier...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyBear74

this is my video i am new to ATS (as a member) but have visited the site for 2 years, but i want to make a thread about this strange day..but i am still learning ..lol.. read the youtube description ..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

This is the EXACT same noise I have heard on and off since March of 2011 !!!

I live 30 miles from the Atlantic Ocean in Maryland.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

edit on 29-10-2011 by BillyBear74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

i have seen many videos about this but this is the first time i have witnessed it for myself..i was just happy to get it on video, soon after it stopped.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I have heard ALL of the videos posted on ATS .

Some have been almost what I have heard but none are as exact as yours. Thanks for posting !

Now we need to figure out what is causing it....

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join