It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of the strange sound phenomenon heard around the world.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This post could probably go under several topics however searched for a while (trust me) for the best area as well as if this particular thought had been stated. Hopefully I don’t waste everyone’s time by reposting the same ideas and info and if so, just bypass, Anyway, here goes.
I don’t post much, but there are several issues that I have been thinking about a great deal lately and if the first thing hadn’t happened to me then I wouldn’t discovered the other info,. Maybe others know this stuff but it was kind of a wakeup call for me.

On March 23rd I was awoke by the sound of a loud boom at 4:00 am. It was like an explosion boom so it had the two part KA-BOOM sound ya know; when I heard the first part literally my first thought was this is the end of the world! Then the second part of the explosion I realized It wasn’t THAT big, that it was pretty local (I guess the pure startle factor of it all brought tears specially since I did initially feel that my world was over hehe ). So I jumped out of bed when I realized my husband wasn’t there he had fallen asleep on the couch) However he didn’t hear it. The bedroom window is facing the side the boom came from and he was on the opposite side. I still would have thought most of the city would have heard, but I can’t find any information on my incident.
Number 2 – until just about a week ago you could literally feel the floor vibrate in my house. I don’t have a seismograph however, I have an application on my android device that has accelerometer and has a seismic system which uses the same scale and is very accurate at least for showing vibration or movement for showing movement. I took videos of it inside and out.
Number 4 –Walls are lifting from floor, huge gaps and cracks where ceiling meets wall in corners. Bathtub is lifting, patio concrete cracked in center, and a big gap away from house. All this has just happened in the last few months.
Number 3 – The faint smell of petroleum oil out of the blue for only short time periods (Like 10-20 seconds) and then it’s gone, on several occasions.
Next
In my own opinion, on the mysterious loud noises topic, I believe the loud noises are the sounds of the secret testing of the high speed rail system. I may be way wrong, but after doing research and hunting around a bit, this is my conclusion. If you study at the ATS map
www.abovetopsecret.com... that Aaronahue posted and compare it to this map www.popularmechanics.com... I found on the rail system sites, and what I see is that in almost every location marked on the ATS sounds heard map there is a rail system site in that location or in direct route. Also, compare the sounds of the Maglev in japan to what people are hearing in being heard maybe I am mistaken but are they similar? Our souped up steel wheeled electric Amtrak system is actually around 20ish dBs louder and would sound equivalency to a rock drill being used outdoors our a shop tool indoors in close area to the HSR. You get the jest of it, there are a few other things like height and barriers and so on but I am so not the best at wording stuff out so hopefully I am making sense to everyone. The wheel-rail interaction is the source of the rolling noise radiated by steel wheels and rails caused by small roughness elements in the running surfaces. This noise source is close to the track bed with an effective height of about 2 feet above the rails. The spectrum for rolling noise peaks in the 2 kHz to 4 kHz frequency range and it increases more rapidly with speed than does propulsion noise, typically following the relationship of 30 times the logarithm of train speed. At low speeds, propulsion mechanisms, or machinery and auxiliary equipment that provide power to the train are the predominant sound sources. Most high-speed trains are electrically powered; the propulsion noise sources are, depending on the technology, associated with electric traction motors or electromagnets, control units, and associated cooling fans. Fans can be a major source of noise; on conventional steel-wheeled trains fans are usually located near the top of the power units, about 10 feet above the rails. Fan noise tends to dominate the noise spectrum in the frequency bands near 1000 Hz. External cooling fan noise tends to be constant with respect to train speed, which makes fans the dominant noise when a train is stopped in a station.
Now in saying all of that… that would mean we have some flash speed handy rail system builders working with quickness! We all know that we are always in the know about everything that occurs in the country, never ever are fibbed to, and keeping secret projects from us would never be given a second thought. We were all told just recently that this project was just getting off the ground it Except California and Nevada of course, these have been going on for a few years now and they supposedly are getting the Maglev rail in certain routes. However, this has been halted due to ongoing court battles.
articles.latimes.com...
January 8, Japan has offered to fund part of a project to build train line on the east coast between Washington and New York. However, after the huge hit Japan took economically from the earthquake and tsunami this may not be the case any longer that is just my own assumption though... But the offer was still extremely nice of them. Just a thought but maybe… Japan, Germany; Canada, England, France, China or any of the 9(could be other locs. that I am unaware of.)
In my opinion, the stared this project way earlier in some areas.
en.wikipedia.org...:_Next_Generation_High-Speed_Rail
magnetbahnforum.de...
hsr-prep.blogspot.com...

Now I have an angle or two. One is we all know we are not told everything. Even the HSR isn’t intended to be a passenger train, least initially it intended for private use and small cargo to transport fresh food I believe the last item that I read at. Yet the big sale to Lets ponder this a sec
-Americans will be saving on travel time—Not really and it takes you 2 hours and you prefer your own vehicle on the train to get to work verses 30 minutes in your own ride singing at the top of your lungs with no one there to hear or care and if it is further than flying is faster even with the security checks at the airports, we all know they will fully intend on scans at the gate of the rails as well, that’s if and when they are ready for passengers.
- Environmentally friendly it is – technology will contribute to a reduction in emissions, noise and air pollution. The low frequency noise levels are so bad on people, animals physically and the environment.
-Tons of new Jobs for Americans ---They must think we are like dogs, promise to take us to the park if we are good, but are just really hoping we will forget and most will. Just the bare minimum... The reason for the conversion plan was we didn’t have the cash and the Maglev system was way out of our budget so. Since our allowance on this is $53 billion over six years; So Obama came up with this idea. Don’t get me wrong there will be jobs created but nothing like they are building up.
Wrong ---- we are simply converting from our previous Amtrak Railroad.
I could go on but I better not on this particular topic.

Last
Now, when I look at this train system data and see all of these other countries with HSR system and some have been using this system for years however we have been dragging our feet for a while now, I take it. I guess it just made me start to see the bigger picture and that perhaps there is some kind of plan and really all of us are gradually becoming connected... merged into one big system. I mean I love the rest of the world but hell, there were a few more subtle clues in the stuff I read but I didn’t bookmark it but I can search for them again, plus I don’t want to be the type of person that is suspicious of everything. The other links however would make this link below seem pretty on the up and up not that I don’t believe that it’s not it’s just I want my facts and data laid out so that everyone can form a fair opinion. Let me know what yours is. I know I am not perfect by any means so please let me know if I have gotten my facts incorrect

www.interbering.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-4-2011 by Ravebaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2011 by Ravebaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
I posted this on a different thread but i'd like to expand on it. From that thread, I started maping the locations of the strange sounds people posted about. The map is unfinished but looking at how several of the events are lining up on the map, I'm compelled to make a new one with more info. If anyone wants to add their event to the map, i need the exact location and time it happened, and how long it lasted. Most of the ones on this map lasted between 20 and 30 minutes and some said the ground was vibrating also. Many of them thought it was a tornado and several of them saw flashes of light in the sky as well. Any details you can tell me would help and i'll color code the events on the map.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac2cd3fe417d.jpg[/atsimg]
This is a screenshot of how far I got on this map so far. Notice how the majority of the events are lining up, as though something were traveling down that line?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

Was looking at this and thought it could possibly have something to do with the moutain range in that area, but i could be wrong...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I spend most of my time here at ATS lurking around sifting through what seems to be an increasing amount of bs threads.
I actually ran across this thread about 3 weeks ago and added it to my subscription list so that I could come back and see how this had progressed....I never really had any intention of posting here but earlier tonight at around 7:40 pm EST I heard these noises.

I live in the southwest portion of VA. Earlier tonight I was cooking and started to hear this really loud noise outside. I can only describe it as the rumblings of a jet engine and at first....for the first minute or so...that is what I thought it was.
Now before anyone says, "Well that is probably what it was".....NO....I can tell you right now that is not what it was. I am very familiar with the sounds of jet engines and this was no such noise. Yes, it did have that familiar "rumbling" of a jet engine but without the fading effect of a passing jet. It was constant. This lasted for a little over 4 minutes. Every dog in the neighborhood was going crazy. Strange thing was, they were not just barking....they were all howling/barking. If anyone lives near many people with dogs....it is that howl they let out when an ambulance is approaching or passing your house....it was that kind of howl.
Now I have lived in this area for basically my entire life....I have heard jets fly over nearly everyday of my life and NEVER in my life have I noticed the dogs acting in such a way because of a jet. Even when it was a low-flying, loud jet.....Indeed that is one of the things that stands out in my mind about the noise.

To describe the noise.....like I said it was like the rumbling of a jet....It sounded sort of like rolling thunder with an intense wind blowing at the same time (though the sky was mostly clear and the wind was relatively calm at the time).....
Very strange indeed....
The first thing I thought about was this thread....I called my mother to confirm that it was heard places other than here.....(She lives about 12 miles from me and she heard it as well) It was also confirmed by my live in girlfriend and a roommate who were on the porch listening to this "rumbling" the entire time.

I have no idea what this sound was but I have my own personal opinions about it....(which for right now I will keep to myself to save flaming and my post being tossed off as written by a "crazy" person who is hearing noises...lol)

Am searching for more personal experiences from others at this time.
(Just didn't seem real until I heard it for myself I suppose)

Oh....Almost forgot to add that my girlfriend said she heard this noise the other night when she woke up at around 3 am EST.....
Also called my grandmother who said she had her T.V. up pretty loud tonight but did hear a similar strange sound a few nights ago (not sure what night it was exactly....she gets her dates mixed up frequently) when she woke for something to drink in the middle of the night...She also claimed it was around 3 am EST when she heard this....though she wrote it off to passing jets....though she did note that it continued much longer than what she usually hears from jets passing....(Again...not sure how long...but she did say more than 10 minutes)

edit on 21-4-2011 by Jakal26 because: Forgot part of post.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am beginning to think thi sis something to do with the jet streem:

edit on 22-4-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Well...from looking at the map you linked I suppose that on Thursday night the jet steam would have nearly been right over top of me. Hard to tell though considering the stream jumps from Wednesday to Saturday without showing Thursday or Friday.

It could be that it has something to do with the jet-stream....but what? I mean, the jet-stream has been doing such a thing for as long as....well as long as the planet has been here...
What has changed that would make such things occur?
Are they trying to manipulate the jet-stream? Stop it? Control it!?

I don't know....tonight is quiet so far though by the looks of that map it would be right on top of me at this time. Or maybe further east a bit....

I would also like to add that at about 2 am EST this morning it was heard again here at my house...lasted about 8 minutes, same noise....very eerie ....
Just wanted to throw that in there...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have heard this today at 10:00 pm GMT in central scotland and the noise sounded like loud bangs, which lasted around 20 mins, i could say it sounded like thunder and lighting but without the flashes of light,realy realy scary noise's,realy deep sounding bangs,im i on the same page as what your investigating

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravebaby

Where do you live? What part of the country was this? There are Earthquake Clouds all the way from New York City and State to South Indiana. This could tie in if you are in this area.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I found this this info, that could be tied to the noise being heard in NJ:

mysterious hole in NJ Yard

A hole in the front yard of a Basking Ridge, N.J. home is several feet long and wide and deep enough to swallow a 30 gallon trash can

hope this helps

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
related to what i posted previously:

ufo crash in NJ

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Heard this noise tonight so you can add Falmouth, England, UK to that map!

I live near a reasonably sized Royal Navy Airbase, so I'm used to planes flying back and forth all the time. However tonight I thought I heard the sound of jet engines so dismissed it, only when I realised that the noise had been going for around two minutes I became suspicious and that was around 21:50 - 22:00 hours GMT with a clear sky.

The sound was a deep rumble that you normally hear with the bigger jets, however it didn't seem to pass over, and actually it began to quieten before returning to it's normal pitch level. Then it just seemed to stop.

Could be nothing but it gave me the creeps, which lead me to Google it which lead my here! spooky!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I heard this in New York City, Brooklyn twice. Me and my friends thought that it was pretty weird but in the city theres all kinds of weird noises and we were drinking, so I didn't put much thought into it. Now seeing that it's happening all over the US and in some other parts of the world you cant help but wonder.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I posted this in one of your other threads, but I didn't see it on your map. That map is wigging me out man. Too close to home. WTH are "they" doing? Anyway, here's my info again.

"I heard and felt it.
I live in Huntington WV, last thursday, 3/17/11 about 7:15-7:30pm, I was helping my buddy try to find a water leak in his yard. I was laying on my stomach with my head down inside of the water meter base. My head was underground and I heard what at first I thought was a hellacious water leak under his yard as his bill had litterally trippled in a month. I asked my friend if he could hear it and he said he could hear it too, he said he thought it was thunder. It got louder but then it didnt stop. I pulled my head up and then felt a small vibration, remember I was laying on my stomach, my body in full contact with the ground. We kinda started freaking out because of whats been goin on in Japan. It stayed a steady pattern for about 10-15 minutes. It wasn't super loud and if we weren't outside I don't know that we would have heard it. We went in to watch the news to see if anything had blown up or if there were any far away earthquakes, but nothing was said. I honestly hadn't thought about it until I saw this thread. Hope this helps.

P.S. I know i don't have a very high post count but I've been lurking for a long long time, and I don't post unless I have something to contribute."

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Penryn, Cornwall, UK - 22nd May around 9:10 GMT - the sky was clear and still light enough for the street lights to be off. Heard a very loud noise from inside the house (made of solid granite and we have laminated double-glazing so has to be loud to hear it) that we thought was a jet passing over head, after hearing it for perhaps a minute, went outside to see if something was circling. No sign of an aircraft but the noise persisted for perhaps another two minutes maximum.

Afterwards there was a very large contrail in the air, dissipating fairly quickly on a south->north longitudinal line.

Got into work today and my coworkers if anyone had heard it? All confirmed, two from Penryn area, one from Truro, one from Helston and one from Redruth (all Cornwall, UK).

Spoke to my family in Dartmouth, Devon, UK this evening and they confirmed hearing the same noise and also a con trail at around 9:30 GMT, although was a little hazy on the time.

I'd love to know what it was

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Just thought I'd update this page with a discussion from a UK forum posted today at 06.07 am

Weird sound heard in my home town this morning (Fife area)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I heard this low rumbling sound last night between 6-7pm. Western north carolina.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

S & F

Thanks Under Water for this brilliant piece of research. It sure is very intriguing to see how it's lining up. Your'e a star for doing this. Thanks again.

edit on 18-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by excelents
Just thought I'd update this page with a discussion from a UK forum posted today at 06.07 am

Weird sound heard in my home town this morning (Fife area)

As an update to the original link I have posted it seems on this occasion that this Mystery was solved.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
just suppose the noise is the aurora plane...personally i think its operational and not at the test stage for three reasons.
1.f117 stealth appeared as a model kit and was for sale worldwide before it was admitted it was operational
2.the osama blackhawk,not exactly a quantum leap in tech but had anyone flagged it before it was badly destroyed after crash,surely a 2nd lump of c4 could have been placed on the tail rotor to destroy it.even so the point is this was the first proper sighting
3.the sr71 blackbird was retired a good few years ago,what took its place? i think aurora was there to take over at that time.

maybe the real reason for the aurora is 2 fold,firstly as a spy plane (stands to reason) but what if the secondary reason is to produce a sound phenonemon.this could have been a happy side effect of the scram jet.

if this is what is producing the sound then surely it could be a forerunner to a false flag little green men attack or even unveiling. we are the ones doing the work on this one.

i am sure i heard a long sonic boom recently so much so i awoke and checked my property in case it was something mundane like a car thief.by the way i live in scotland and with the amount of raf and usaf traffic i have seen since a kid i know a sonic boom and they dont last 6-8 seconds or more.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Text PurpleText

Originally posted by MonsieurM
I found this this info, that could be tied to the noise being heard in NJ:

mysterious hole in NJ Yard

A hole in the front yard of a Basking Ridge, N.J. home is several feet long and wide and deep enough to swallow a 30 gallon trash can

hope this helps

MYSTERIOUS NOISE (Drilling/Pressure) and Earthquake.

I am in Northern NJ and I have been hearing a very loud drilling and vibrating noise for months!!
The noise is very audible and sounds like underground drilling or something building up with pressure. It vibrates parts of the house as well. The noise is very random, it comes on at any time and usually lasts no more than a minute. Sometimes it repeats once or twice and stops.

One week, it would go on everyday around 5pm. WEIRD!
Today, I heard it again around 1pm and it was so loud!! I dont know what this is, I want to ask my neighbors if they hear it as well. They have to because its so loud. This is starting to creep me out. I want to get to the bottom of this noise.

Sometimes I wonder if it has anything to do with living over an active fault line. I live over the Ramapo fault line. We had an earthquake a year ago, it was a 3.0 but still noticable. I heard a loud BOOM and the house shook lightly for 15 seconds. The BOOM turned out to be a Gas Pipe that exploded due to the earthquake.

Everytime i hear the sound I picture something underground building up with pressure, or something drilling. O.O

What do you think this could be??

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ravebaby

I believe what you have heard is the sound barrier being broken( the initial big booms). In the 50`s and 60`s it was not an uncommon occurrence.I dont know where you are located but in Central Arizona and New Mexico I have heard the sound barrier broken twice in the past two years.I definitely know what it sounds like but as to what it signifys ?.Your theory of the underground train system is a good one but if that was a sonic boom I dont think the underground borer machine would have broken the sound barrier..

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join