It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of the strange sound phenomenon heard around the world.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
maps.google.com...

Umm the one near my place is a listed as being a spot where a compass went wonky, that's also a big oil facility with a couple of big transformers out back.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I live in Ancaster, Ontario – and we have been hearing these sounds periodically since last summer. I wish I could say at what frequency, but I haven't paid that close attention until now. I would say that it occurs around once a month though.

The first time we heard it, I asked my husband what the hell that noise was because it didn't sound like a plane. We didn't know enough to think otherwise, though.

The noise is not quite like a plane and is lower to the ground and is static, not dynamic. That should have been my first clue that it wasn't a plane because the sound was not travelling. In any event, the last time I heard this was on Saturday, March 19th @ 8am, lasting for 5-8 minutes.

Something else to note – I have also been feeling strange vertigo over the last week, which is unusual for me. Although the vertigo ‘spells’ do not match to the last time of the last noise, I wonder if in someway, this could be related.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Another night of "construction truck driving back and forth" . After getting home from work I have had a chance to finally read the entire thread - Good one indeed.. Thank you to the OP
In regards to what I am hearing - I do want to clarify that it is not as loud as others have posted that they have heard in their areas. What I hear does not shake the ground or rattle the house.
I can tell you this - tonight my son does not want to sleep in his room (Im letting him camp on the couch tonight)
My dog has gone through several barking spells (oddly she is not chasing anything - she is damn near glued to the front door and barks from there.)
I have stood and watched from the windows and doors - I see nothing ( and now I feel like a damn crack head peeking out of windows)
The stated above... I know can have many explanations - and no, In case you are wondering Im not a paranoid person and .. despite the window peeking - I am not a crack head

I am still very unsure of what I am hearing.. and unsure as well if any of this contributes to this thread.

Keep up the mapping I really think you are onto something

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Man this is a freaky thing. In my opinion this must be some man-made object, like a secret plane or weapon being tested, or, if the reports of ground shaking being true, some kind of big drilling.

EDIT: Seems like not all reports had ground shaking... So the drilling theory might be less plausible.
edit on 22-3-2011 by godaiSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sover3igN

oh finly some one with some common sense

ok now draw a line from dot to dot and that is the New Madrid fault, oh but do not take my word for it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Just a little update
I heard this rumbling noise today 3-22-11 at around 12:30 pm - 1:00pm
It was loud and went on for about 5 min I made a small video that I'll post later I'm currently posting from my iPhone right now

The sound was like continuous thunder
Odd...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

hey guys... I'm Mike from Mauritius... i usually come on ATS to read up about stuff.. however this thread made me want to comment..

i heard a similar kind of noise on sunday 20 march at 18 00 oclock local time ( 14 00 GMT ). i was on the beach with my GF and dog when i heard this rumbling sound for a few minutes... it did sound like a aircraft noise from high altitude.. i looked up and saw no aircraft whatsoever.. skies were clear. Now it could have been an a/c for all i know.. but those sounds usually go after 20 secs.. specially with the plane is going away... i heard that rumbling noise for 5min at least which would mean that the plane was circling around. but me we saw no plane.
Ground did not shake at all.. at least not noticeably.

Now i have no idea what it was... to be honest i think it might have been an a/c.. but it was odd i saw none.. and more weird when i saw this thread...

Laters

Mike

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Maybe something is happening, but it seems alot (if not most) people are trolling, and feeding this thread to pump it up more..Where's all the proof any of this is happening? I could easily come up with a half baked story of how I heard a rumble and no one here would be the wiser..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I cant take this anymore. Please inform DONTTREADONME that he has a very appropriate if somewhat threating name. Its like the way the U.S. believe they can go in and bomb the # out of any country on this planet they feel like.Also congradulate Donttreadonme. Tell him he succeeded. I think i will now

Goodbye.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I know that the sound is being experienced in places outside of the US, but to refer only to the excellent map made here, I have two immediate thoughts:

1. New Madrid.

2. High population density in the areas indicated. Are there more reports in that zone because there are simply more people there to experience and report it?

Also, what is the relation - if any - to "The Hum"? I am referring to the low frequency sound and felt in several places including, perhaps most famously Taos, NM and the "Taos Hum". A phenomenon heard at several locations across North America.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on whether you think these two sounds are related in any way?
edit on 23-3-2011 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CCKP72

One other thing that came to me this morning and I wanted to put it out there.

Each and every time we have heard this noise, it has been in clear weather; meaning - no rain, snow, heavy winds, overcast skies. Each time it has been a 'nice' day.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CCKP72
reply to post by CCKP72

One other thing that came to me this morning and I wanted to put it out there.

Each and every time we have heard this noise, it has been in clear weather; meaning - no rain, snow, heavy winds, overcast skies. Each time it has been a 'nice' day.

For the most part around here (Central N.Y. area) I would agree, but there have been a few times I've heard it on windy cloudy days too, but it's rare. Like I said further back here, for a brief moment( A second or two), it does sound like a bomber firing up, maybe out of habit thats what my mind likes it too after years of hearing them both the B-2 and B-52, fighters, tankers, ect, again like I said the place I lived before was about four/ five miles off the end of an air bases runway so I know what they sound like when the fire up and take off. But then after that first sound you realise that the pitch/tone is different and the length without any change to it then it just stopped, doesn't fade, just stops. Though I'll admit, I haven't seen any flash of like like some here have reported.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CCKP72
Something else to note – I have also been feeling strange vertigo over the last week, which is unusual for me. Although the vertigo ‘spells’ do not match to the last time of the last noise, I wonder if in someway, this could be related.

I'm in Montgomery County Maryland, about half an hour outside DC. I have gotten that vertigo, too and it started in earnest around the time I started hearing the rumblings where I live. I can't recall the precise earliest date I first heard the rumble, but in tracing back old U2Us to other ATS members and one email, I know at least for one week duration, preceding the date of January 25 2011, the date of one of my u2u messages, I experienced this sound for at least a full week under varying circumstances and weather. Some times I heard it start up when I was lying in bed, anywhere from 11 pm but usually around 1-3 a.m Eastern time. It would continue for at least an hour. It was a continuous jet sound, recurring in a sort of pulse or rhythm like breathing. I'd fall asleep before it would end, honestly. There seemed to be no end to it. When I'd get up around 6 am to walk the dog, and go out again at 9 am, often the sound was still there, though very faint. Weather varied from partly cloudy to clear.

The last time I heard the rumble, it was loud, it was omnidirectional, rhythmic or pulsing, and the weather was clouding up and there was a wind starting to blow up. This was in February 8 2011, and the time was approximately 6 pm and I'm not sure of the duration, but I stayed out to listen for about fifteen to twenty minutes.

As for the vertigo, it comes and goes and seems not to coincide with the rumbling noise, other than this past winter I started getting extreme fatigue that is only just starting to clear up. My husband and kid and in laws got a respiratory virus and sinus problems lasting months. I have been to the doctor and my ears are good, no infections or anything like that. I'm healthy and active and walk daily with a large dog. Sometimes the vertigo has been accompanied by the sensation I'm getting small electric shocks when I move. Very odd. My mom says that may mean I need to get my cholesterol checked.

This post is getting huge so I'll continue with another odd observation in a separate post.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
I know that the sound is being experienced in places outside of the US, but to refer only to the excellent map made here, I have two immediate thoughts:

1. New Madrid.

2. High population density in the areas indicated. Are there more reports in that zone because there are simply more people there to experience and report it?

Also, what is the relation - if any - to "The Hum"? I am referring to the low frequency sound and felt in several places including, perhaps most famously Taos, NM and the "Taos Hum". A phenomenon heard at several locations across North America.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on whether you think these two sounds are related in any way?
edit on 23-3-2011 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

Label be a kook if you will, but yeah, I've heard the Taos hum, but that was before Griffiss Air Force Base here in Rome was closed. Since then haven't heard it and for that I'm thankful.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Chance321 because: sp.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm posting this as a separate observation because it may be completely unrelated and I may need to move this post or delete it.

For some odd reason, my stoneware dishes have all started cracking the past couple of weeks. They are Pfaltsgraff plates, very sturdy stoneware that I've had for only about five years. I treat them well, always letting them cool after I take them out of the dishwasher and don't place hot ones in the cupboard over cool ones. I've had stoneware all my married life and never seen anything like this. I've lost three of the dinner plates and four of the smaller salad plates in just the past two weeks to cracking. Very odd, at least in my experience.

It could just be a bad set. I'll out my grandma's old stoneware back into service and see if they crack. I was just wondering if anyone else out there in the "rumble regions" have noted anything similar. I was wondering if there were some vibrations doing this or something. Just in case, check your fishtanks if you have glass ones.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I agree with your post more than you can imagine. Which is why I hesitated so much on even adding to the thread. Because I very much doubt, if I went outside with some type of recorder, that it would be heard very well.
I do know I hear a sound... I know that when company came over, they could hear it too.
I do know that my dog apparently is not crazy about the sound either.
I did go ahead and copy my original post to the "report your sounds here thread" - I read a lot of threads.. I am very skeptical on many things, and prefer things to be proved to me to believe.
Yet here I am posting on something that I can offer no proof.

I am open to any suggestions that any of you have that might help me locate and figure out where this sound is coming from.
Until then... I will sleep with my tv on - as that seems to drown out the sound a bit to where I can sleep

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I heard and felt it.
I live in Huntington WV, last thursday, 3/17/11 about 7:15-7:30pm, I was helping my buddy try to find a water leak in his yard. I was laying on my stomach with my head down inside of the water meter base. My head was underground and I heard what at first I thought was a hellacious water leak under his yard as his bill had litterally trippled in a month. I asked my friend if he could hear it and he said he could hear it too, he said he thought it was thunder. It got louder but then it didnt stop. I pulled my head up and then felt a small vibration, remember I was laying on my stomach, my body in full contact with the ground. We kinda started freaking out because of whats been goin on in Japan. It stayed a steady pattern for about 10-15 minutes. It wasn't super loud and if we weren't outside I don't know that we would have heard it. We went in to watch the news to see if anything had blown up or if there were any far away earthquakes, but nothing was said. I honestly hadn't thought about it until I saw this thread. Hope this helps.

P.S. I know i don't have a very high post count but I've been lurking for a long long time, and I don't post unless I have something to contribute.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I live near Albany, Oregon, about 30 miles north of Eugene. We had this here last week. About 9 in the evening we had about 15 minutes of very loud rumbling, followed by a huge flash of light that lit up the entire sky, then the noise rapidly faded away. People in the area thought there had been a huge explosion somewhere nearby but nothing had occurred.

Due to our climate we almost never get thunder here, if we do it's only one or two, nothing like this,ever. I'm 30 miles from the nearest airport and it's very small with no military presence at all, so it wasn't a jet or rocket test like some have suggested. I live in a very rural area, we just don't get noises like this so it really stood out.

I'm at a loss to explain it. I've read the various threads and none of the suggested alternative explanations are possible in this case. Just wanted to add it to the database. Something is definitely going on, not sure if I really want to find out or not...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bvillebob

Thanks for the information!
This seems to have the same pattern as the event in Florida: the long hum followed by a huge flash then the rumbling faded away quickly.

Don't you remember the exact day?

Added to the database here

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
add northeastern Pennsylvania to the list. Heard "the noise" here ~2 weeks ago, middle of the day. At first I, too, thought a plane was going by, but no doppler sound. It also felt low altitude.

I asked a fellow sensitive if she'd heard any noises lately (tried not to be too leading with the question) and she described exactly what I experienced.

FWIW, we both vote UFO. Yes, that may put us in the crazy category, but there you have it.

Also, I had a dream 6 weeks ago about alien ships appearing on earth. They "pressed" through the atmosphere, like pressing through dimensions wast the feeling I had. Woke up SUPER freaked out, heart racing, sweaty. Odd, because nothing spectacularly bad happened, but my reaction was fear for sure. Oh, and the alien ships were all the millennium falcon from Star Wars, but I'm pretty sure that part won't be true :-)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join