It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of the strange sound phenomenon heard around the world.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

well u can add pictou nova scotia to that map ,few days ago i went out for smoke and i swore a jet liner was taking off ,but it lasted 2 minutes.it wasnt until i listened to audio of the sound it dawned on me it was the same noise.carpenter44

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Larrelye

Very true that sounds travels differently around the woods - which gave me a thought !!
If I have time after I leave work tonight.. I will try to drive by Stuart Lake, maybe they are doing something over that way ... and the sound has traveled to me

What I keep hearing is so hard to explain... I say it sounds like a construction sight - but no I dont hear saws or hammer type things... I would say its more like heavy trucks constantly going back and forth over and over making that rumble sound ... UGHH !!!!
Thank goodness no one else is in the office cause i keep trying to make the sounds come out of my mouth

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

it was at 10 pm saturday the 19th march from pictou nova scotia. the sound was like a jetliner taking off,we have a small airport here but its 5 miles away,the ground did not rumble ,altho im familiar with heavy equipment sounds it was nothing of the sort.it lasted about 3 minutes and simply stopped abruptly, i hope this helps.carpenter44

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I frequently have steam vented right above my head at work... Literally. While, yes, this is very loud, it is a "clearer", more consistent sound, unlike the Florida video of the noise.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Schenectady, NY. Honestly with my work schedule I don't remember if it was last night or Sunday night, though I think it was Sunday. I've posted about strange noise before, and in this part of NY you get used to it if you notice it, but that is definitely underground.

I've lived within a few miles of Stratton ANG base most of my life, but right now it's about 5 miles away and
I can tell the sound of the wide variety of planes that come and go from there. I had the back window open and from where I was it sounded like it was coming from SSW of me.

Oh and also it was about 1AM and there was no rumbling associated with it that I noticed.
edit on 3/22/11 by Magnivea because: details

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Thank you !!! It is good to know that I have not completely lost it

I am looking forward to getting home tonight so that I can read the entire thread.
I will also try to make some notes or something tonight if the sounds occurs again.. maybe I can log a cycle of when i hear it start and stop.
I dont know if that will be in any way helpful or still relevant to the OP
I am open to any suggestions on finding the source

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why do you guys have all the fun stuff in the States, here in the Netherlands nothing happens.
Oh, almost nothing; we had 3 occasions in 6 months where two russian TU-65 bombers violated European airspace including dutch airspace, without braking radiosilence.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I ment TU-95 bomber, my wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nekbet
reply to post by Larrelye

Thank goodness no one else is in the office cause i keep trying to make the sounds come out of my mouth

Too funny. I can picture a professional woman at a desk making raspberry sounds at her computer.

I look forward to hearing what you discovered. A generator is a very steady sound and would not likely account for the back and forth you are hearing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Although it may not be related, except that we are talking about sound waves...
I remember reading somewhere that sound waves were being used to levitate objects. It was new at the time, but its probably been a couple of years ago. In the experiments, they pointed two identical sound waves at each other, and once they got the distance right (which looked something like 2 dimensional DNA strands would look), they were able to levitate small objects. Unfortunately that's all I remember from the article.
Great thread BTW!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I am very new to this site, but information needs to flow. I hope I am doing this right so it get to the person tracking this phenomenon. I live in Whitefish,mt and my compass has been pointing east northeast. If wanted I can keep tabs on the time and dates it fluctuates.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius

Originally posted by skeptic_al

I'm going to hedge my bet you are hearing low frequency energy waves from Japan.
They have had more than 700 5+ quakes in 13 days and some are less than 5 Km from the surface.
These can travel around the world. Maybe some resonance as well

If that were true all this noise would be on the west side of the U.S. Low frequency waves traveling from Japan to the East coast of the U.S. and nobody in between reporting the sound?? doesn't seem plausible

I got two theories, ones Ok and the other ones a bit out there:
One is: The earth is surrounded by Invible spaceships about 100km accross and just hovering over each city.

The other one and it pretty out there is:
You won't be able to hear them. You would hear the Harmonics at certain sweat spots due to resonance.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

Yeah, I'm in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada and something very much like the sound described woke me up at about 4:30 am two nights ago. I assumed it was a plane but it sounded too constant (no doppler effect at all.) Can't really say how long it lasted, as it may have been going for a while before it woke me, but I don't think it was as long as 20 minutes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
For the last 6 months I have heard a few times this ominous long lasting rumbling up very high in the sky. I live in Brighton, Mi 40 minutes north of metro airport. I had dismissed it as jets but I remember when I was hearing it that it did not quite sound like a jet and that it was so loud for such a long duration. I went outside on a clear night while hearing this and did see planes come and go as this sound had been going on allready for about 5 minutes, and it lasted for about another 5-10 minutes and I I thought this noise aint the planes or jets cause they would come and go out of my line of site in a matter of just a few minutes. IDK but I think it is definately weird.
edit on 22-3-2011 by proob4 because: Mispellings

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
New Madrid fault line big quake...
coming soon!
Fracking??
Filling fault line with sea water??
Predictive programing from James Bond: Youtube video
FEMA NLE 2011 for New Madrid Quake: FEMA SITE
Odd add I saw on this site on another thread just now...coincidence? Been seeing it alot lately... PHOTO
Anyone remember how they FEMA was doing "drills" in Haiti that week of the big quake??
Or when they were doing "drills" the day of 9/11? They were acting out as if planes were to hit the twin towers and pentagon and told norad to stand down....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
maps.google.com...

alligatorfarm.wordpress.com...

It appears to me, from the two above links, that the USA is more involved than any other country.

Look at the crowded map of reports (first link)!

Then listen to/read about the way the “New World” will be formed. To make the USA smaller in land and population is part of the NWO’s plans, but why just the USA?

I am in Canada and am happy to see we are not “mapped”, but WHY the USA?

I posted the above links from what 2 others on this forum posted, but I forgot to note their names.

Thank you. I found that very interesting AND very frightening!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I posted on another thread a few months ago that I'd heard the same sound here in Lafayette, LA. It was a loud, rumbling noise that sounded like rocket engines. Lasted about 5 minutes and there were other people around me who stopped in their tracks as I did wondering where the heck it was coming from. I'm shocked but relieved that people are hearing the same thing around the world because it doesn't mean I'm crazy, lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Finally home and checking in ...
Stopped at the gas station on the way home... a few miles from my home. That was about thirty minutes ago, did not hear my mystery sound there. Also... I asked the clerk if she had heard of any construction going on in the area lately - she said "no".
It is now a lil after 8pm - I hear no sounds at this time

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 11Capone

I live in Eagan MN and I definatly heard this sound, woke both me and my wife up and It was the strangest sound I've ever heard. I too at first thought it was thunder... but it didn't roll like thunder does and it just kept on going... plus there was no lightning and no strong storm. My wife had a hard time going back to sleep cause she had no idea what it was.... It almost sounded like a jet was stationary directly over my house but it didn't fade in and then out like when an actual jet passes over... it just started and then continued for a long long time and then abruptly stopped. And it was so unnatural and loud, it kinda freaked me out... glad we arn't going crazy.

Soul

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

posted on 26-1-2011 @ 06:38 PM this post WHAT IN GODS GREEN EARTH IS GOING ON?

Lucky 7 again.
look at all the numbers that match.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join