It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of the strange sound phenomenon heard around the world.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisPlaceIsDifferent
reply to post by Under Water

Heard around the world? As far as I can tell its only been heard in the US and Canada...that's hardly the world. You've uploaded a nice map where we can see the locations of those events. It does indeed look like a flight path. I believe that to be the case.

My guess is that it would be a pulse engine ( there loads of videos of those on youtube ). Perhaps a new aircraft beeing tested?

Just my 2 cents

Did you click on the link that takes you to the actual map? Theres more than just the screenshot of the us in the first post.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by godaiSan

Nothing wrong with questioning. As with any odd video, I'm always skeptical unless there are multiple videos. Considering 60% of the population has a cell phone with a video cam and the fact that it was so loud, I'm surprised there aren't more videos.

Again, just questioning, not denying.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Reflection

I agree. With so many cellphones and cameras out there it's odd there are only few videos. Maybe people find this strange noise to be aircraft or something more explainable. Still, that particular video does not convince me,even though there is a remarkable number of this kind of phenomena posted on the internet.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
OK.

I suggest people read the thread. Any more of this "its not the world" stuff will be removed as off topic. Its been explained more than once that there is an interactive world map of this. Read and go find it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A note to all those complaining about the map. The sounds have been reported in more than just the US. Of my list of 84 accounts I have the following from countries other than US. Mostly UK and a few in Australia. The rest are scattered. I won't say whether or not I found these credible but I will list them with the information given:

Portugal (no date, lasted 1 minute, stated airbase nearby)
UK (3/21/11, 2 minutes)
England (no date, lost internet and power, weather clear, no other info given, no description of sound)
Grimsby, Lincolnshire, UK (no date, 2:41am,60 minutes, no other info given, no description of sound)
Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK (no date, no other info given, no description of sound)
Gloucester, UK (no date, 10:40 am, sounds man made, states Royal AF Base nearby)
E Yorkshire, Humberside, England (Jan 2011, heard for several years always overcast)
Australia (3/19/11 12:30 pm, lasted 5 minutes, this object sounded to be moving)
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia (no date, lasted 4 minutes, then rained)
West NSW, Australia (abt. 1/19/11 actual date not given, 60 minutes, heard a massive crash, air sounded electrical, odd donut shaped clouds)
Sweden (3/20/11, 11:48 am, 5 minutes, no other info given, no description of sound)
Manila, Phillapines (no date, abt. 5 minutes, hears often at night even when weather is clear)
Ontario, Canada (no date, 8 minutes, no other info given, no description of sound)
Interior BC, Canada (no date, no other info given, no description of sound, states nearby airport)
Maastricht, Holland (3/21/11, 10 minutes, sounds like FL video but not as loud)
Brazil (2006, 14 minutes, no other information given, no description of sound)
Ireland (3/20/11, 11:20 pm, 30 minutes, also notices orange lights in the sky)
Braemar, Scotland (always hears, assumes it is aurora)
Iceland (no date, sounds like a train, no other info given, no description of sound)
Singapore (3/20/11, no other info given, no description of sound)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Larrelye because: because I can't spell

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Have anyone from Quebec heard anything because not me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Honestly a Little nervous about posting about this.. because well honestly I feel like I have been losing my mind.
And well this may not even be related to what yall are mapping and hearing .. Will let yall decide :/
A Little north of Central Louisiana here... The noise I hear has been going on for close to a week ( my appologies that I can not be exact on the date here ).
I have been dismissing the sounds as possible construction - however I do live.. well I live in the darn woods pretty much.
This is so hard to explain, but to me... it sounds like a bunch of dump trucks, kinda off in the distance, constantly moving - I guess kinda like a low rumble continuously. I do not hear this when I get home from work (around 6pm) - seems to begin around 9pm. The sound will continue on for about 30-40 minutes... it will stop for a while (maybe about a good 1 hour pause / break) and then it starts up again.
I do get the weekends off - and noticed this same sound on Saturday while working out in the yard, I did have company stop by for a visit.. and well just couldn't take it anymore (thinking to myself that surely I might sound a "little off" asking about something that kinda sounds like construction) and asked if she could hear "that" - I did get the response of "yes" ... and we both just thought well maybe someone is doing some construction or clearing some land nearby - about 15 minutes later she said to me "Ya know.. that IS an odd sound for it to keep going like that" - I told her I agreed... and also told her that I thought it was even more odd that I hear it ALLLLLL night Long " - She agreed it was weird :/
Sunday - during the day.. I did not hear this sound at all. But it did again start back up late in the evening.
I have taken a ride - just out of curiosity... I have found no areas doing construction.. nor have I seen anything that looks like it would be causing these sounds.
In addition... there have been no storms or odd weather, its actually been very beautiful here.
There have been a few other odd things - I am not sure if they are relevant.
One additional note I will add though - I can tell you that my dog has been acting very different... and sure has been doing a lot of barking late late at night ( In fact... I commented to a friend of mine on the phone night before last - telling her that this noise outside was driving me crazy.. and maybe I am just losing my mind because I cant figure out what in the world would be making this noise... every single night - - - she could hear my dog barking while talking to her .. and she stated that she didnt think I was losing my mind - because the dog was obviously upset about something )
As stated before - there are a few other odd things happening

BIG SIGH !!! maybe I am just losing it

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There's a report in Portugal? Interesting... I haven't heard anithing but I'll be on the lookout.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Has anyone heard anymore official weather reports? You would think that if they issued one for the area where this occurred in Florida, they would also issue one for other areas?

-Alien

EDIT: correction
edit on 3/22/2011 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
wow !!! you know the appilatian mountains technicly start in louisianna and travel that whole path that you have marked with " the noise" !!! very cool maybe the appilations a cooking up something more than moonshine !!!

Yes but fronts also transform at the applachians as well...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

From the videos I watched, not knowing their credibility, I guess hearing that sound for a long period of time must be a tirisome. I think one big question that remains is "are all those reports really unexplainable?" Not questioning just want to make sure..
edit on 22-3-2011 by godaiSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under WaterMany of them thought it was a tornado and several of them saw flashes of light in the sky as well.

Hmm this is weird, tornado? I don't even know what this thread is about, but last night I had a dream about a tornado, which I've never had before. It must've been evening time in America when it was early morning here.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

My list did show 1 person reporting the sounds from Covington, Louisiana and the interactive map had another one listed as well that I didn't see. I live 45 minutes NE of Alexandria so should be in your general area. I have heard nothing I'm afraid to say. I wish I did though! Could it possibly be a neighbors generator? You say you live in the woods, could there be a fishing camp nearby where someone may not want to have power on full time? Just a hunch. You say it sounds like construction. Could you be more specific? Sounds like a saw maybe? Or banging? Or an air compressor? I know you shouldn't hear these things from too far away but just the other day I swore a dog was growling at the neighbors house only to find out it was a saw from 5 houses down! On some nights, I can hear a neighbors generator running from about a mile and a half to 2 miles away "as the crow flies" so to speak. There is a fairly deep valley in between us, I don't know if that may help the sound travel.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The hole thing with the sounds is really cool but how could we know who is telling the truth and who isn't. And I'm not saying that even one person is lying but what if everybody is.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeyman03
The hole thing with the sounds is really cool but how could we know who is telling the truth and who isn't. And I'm not saying that even one person is lying but what if everybody is.

My point exactly in my reply above..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeyman03
but how could we know who is telling the truth and who isn't

You don't.

Myself, I used the power of deduction to reduce my list to those who had date, duration, and description of sound. The more information they gave that MATCHED the original reports, the more credibility I gave them. Note: Some people are reporting short, I heard it for 10 seconds when I was waking up, and add me to the list cause I heard something. Those off the bat can't be taken as reliable. Some report hearing banging and booms. That's not the phenomena we are looking for.

Use your own common sense as to what is credible and what is not.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeyman03

I wanna hear it for myelf!

No but seriously, its just going to be another hear no evil, see no evil thing for me. Another thread theorising how it could be our connection with the EM field was fascinating however I remain sceptical as you do.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

Unless there are some other things you are not telling us, it doesn't sound AT ALL, like you are losing it. Cheer up, your story was organized in its structure and very down to earth.
Plus someone else heard the noises you were hearing!!

Relax...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hope this is not off topic. When I first heard the strange noise, (here on ATS and youtube, not where I life) I turned it up LOUD and noticed it was rhythmic. Like a beat. Not a perfect pattern, but a pattern.
This made me think back to an old "Rupert" cartoon I watched as a kid...they had a big vehicle with a huge drill on the front, they were using it to dig to the other side of the planet, in the cartoon.
So I looked it up thinking, if they thought of it in the 80's, they've made it by now.
Could the weird noise and vibrations be coming from one of these......

en.wikipedia.org...

If it is, then more questions arise than answers. If it is a tunnel boring machine, which would account for the noise, the vibrations, and the straight line, then why are they doing it? If it's not for some sinister reason or another, people would know about it, right? I dunno, that's if it is one of these...what dose everybody think?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by godaiSan

I have not gotten to read all the posts on this thread (huge appologies there) as I am at work - I got to about page two, and spent what extra time I had at work to post my thread.. so I have not seen any videos .. Nor have I gotten to read all the posts on this thread ( Cant wait to get home - computer is much faster at home... and I can catch up)

On my way home tonight.. I will try to take a few other roads around the area to see if I can find the source - honestly and truly I would love to find like a construction sight or something so I could make sense of the sounds.. Knowing the source would honestly let my mind rest

I wish I could tell you how many times over the last few nights ... I just rolled over and over in bed.. sitting back up.. turning the tv on.. so I could hear something else.. and mumbling ... "what the *%^&$ is that damn noise!!"

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join