It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of the strange sound phenomenon heard around the world.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
From what I can tell the OP made an interactive map where you can plot your own points on there or just take up where he left off. If it's so important to have it done then interact and finish it. Why wait for someone else to do the work? Also if you zoom out you can see there are other countries plotted as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hi, don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a theory about the cause of these noises and instead of posting it here, I've started a new thread dedicated to discussing it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would love to get input from you guys, thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by veritaslibertas

Laurentia

Sorry if this has already been brought up but I didn't see it. Seems like the sounds are around the edges of the craton...

VERY interesting theory! s

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alicenwonderland
reply to post by WildWorld

I agree. On Thursday night of last week, my 13yo called me outside. It is widely known kids can hear much higher frequencies than adults (think: the big "hyped" ringtones kids can hear and adults can't). Anyway, he was hearing "tones/notes" outside. All I heard was a loud rumbling/roaring like in the FL video (I too am in FL but in the Panhandle). Son was getting agitated I couldn't hear what he was but ALSO said that the "loud" roar/rumble I was hearing was barely audible to him and was definitely UNDER the tones/notes. He is an advanced choral student and swore the sounds were notes/tones and not just sounds. In fact, he started singing them to me as he heard them. AND NO.. it was NOT the same notes in Close Encounters even though that was the first thought that came to my mind too. LOL. He has never actually even seen that film.

I posted this same question earlier. It would be interesting to see the ages of people who heard the noise(s) and the variations. Especially if there were kids present since adults can rarely hear over 14mz while kids under 20 can routinely hear 18.8 or better. I hate to sound paranoid, but what if these are really UHF tones to do SOMETHING that are being "covered" by the rumbling/roaring? I am NOT saying that something is generated by UFOs, etc. Could be some other "experiment" or test. In fact, I have heard of a gentleman with the last name Hutchison who is working with sound to "heal" the Gulf of Mexico? Then again, there is always Tesla's experiments with sound too. I can't remember all the details but didn't a huge earthquake once follow his intentional "sound blast experiments"?

What if it's jsut a festival or a concert like 10 miles away with a loud PA system, and thats what causes the noise, and obviuosly because adults dont the high frequency they hear the low bass from the music that is played at a festival espcecially according to the fact that some people heard bassline beats and music patterns

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
around 450-600 Ma from now, Pangea Ultima will eventually rift apart. Laurentia may break off. .

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

It would be interesting to see if there are any large plants within a few miles of your markers.
The first video I saw on this rumbling noise reminded of job I went on next to a large cement plant.
They were venting something not sure what, but the noise was deafening and went on for at least an hour.
It was very loud I had to have ear plugs in,and felt sorry for anyone living around there. Must have sounded like a jet in your yard for miles around.
I believe if there was something out of the ordinary going on around the world with this noise,the major networks would have picked up on it by now.
This could simply be ATS euphoria.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In the FL video it seems to have an occassional sucking/moving of air sound accompanying the rumble. Almost like something is overhead. But of course it's hard to tell from a video.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

It would be interesting to see if there are any large plants within a few miles of your markers.
The first video I saw on this rumbling noise reminded of job I went on next to a large cement plant.
They were venting something not sure what, but the noise was deafening and went on for at least an hour.
It was very loud I had to have ear plugs in,and felt sorry for anyone living around there. Must have sounded like a jet in your yard for miles around.
I believe if there was something out of the ordinary going on around the world with this noise,the major networks would have picked up on it by now.
This could simply be ATS euphoria.

The video clearly says how there was a problem with the site, thats not the noise it usually makes, so your saying maybe all the factorys are having problems at the same time? this problem probably hardly ever happens.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ljonesyuk

the photo has been sent to admin.... hope he pins it to my post

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I got off work this morning at 7 am knowing I only had a few hours to sleep and do my housework before getting ready to go back to work. Instead, I immediately began working on a map color coded by how recent the events, airports/military operations in the areas, superimposed with fault lines, lay lines, and the mountain range. To start I put all accounts from this thread, the other big one, and several threads I easily found where someone started their own topic for the sounds into a spreadsheet so that I can see what information was available. Next, any sounds heard less than 5 minutes (or any who did not specify the duration) I removed because I often hear thunder rumble for several minutes without lightening or rain if it is storming near by. I removed any accounts that simply said "I heard this too! Add me to the map!". I then removed any that said "I heard a loud boom and can't explain it! Add me to the map!". Because that is simply not the phenomena being discussed and does not relate. Actually, anyone who did not give proper location (some just gave a state or country), who could not estimate a time or duration, who did not give any description, or who gave 2nd hand accounts I had to throw out due to lack of information or lack of credibility.

What was the conclusion? Where is my superimposed map? Of 84 accounts, 20 were credible enough and had enough information to be listed on the map! 20!!! While looking through both threads I see several examples given of things that could account for these noises. All of them ignored. Instead of looking for facts, many in these threads outright dismiss anything that says this could be nothing extraordinary.

I'm not saying that this isn't interesting or I wouldn't have read through nearly 50 pages of posts, but if a little more logic and cooperation would be brought into these threads you might find your answers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

This is just one incident among many I'm reading about all over country.
It seems venting power plants are routine.
The reasons for this venting vary,but there are some that more frequent then others.
And some residents are up in arms over it.

The problem, he says, was that the folks over at Lamar Light and Power weren't minding their business. One moment he's fast asleep, the next he's upright in bed, startled and confused, clutching his head and wondering if the roar in his ears is the result of an explosion outside or something worse. "It sounded like a jet plane just went through my house," he remembers. "I thought I was dreaming. My head was going nuts."

Source: www.westword.com...

Looks like Lamar has been dealing with this for some time.

Mar 17, 2011 ... Lamar Light and Power announced Monday that steam venting operations will be conducted at the re-powering project throughout the week

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

US's MAP of the WORLD:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac2cd3fe417d.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 21-3-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have been hearing what sounds like electrical wires off and on for about 3 months now. Some people hear it and others dont. In researching it I came across an article concerning something very similar to what you are experiencing. I live in Arizona and the article is about New Mexico 1992. I dont know how to send an attachment but I ll try . The Phoenix Foundation was called in to investigate the " low pulsating noise:" This sound was in the ELF range and not all people could hear it. But the people that could were affected with con fusion and an inability to get anything done,. Inother words it affected their mental stability. When this couple reported it to the foundation they received threatening phone calls to mind their own business and keep their mouths shut. If you cant pull up the article Ill try to mail it Sincerely, Chardonnay

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

There is a video on ATS of the sound in Fla. When all these maps on ATS start showing things in the same areas that is really going to be freaky, Strange sounds, compasses off, and dead birds fish and animals Maps. Good Job F&S

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ok, I think I've figured it out! It's the band Tool! They must be gods!

Skip ahead to about 2:40

www.youtube.com...

Then listen to this:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Reflection because: added second link

edit on 22-3-2011 by Reflection because: rearanged sentence

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

fargo, north dakota 11 a.m. march 22, 2011

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
I posted this on a different thread but i'd like to expand on it. From that thread, I started maping the locations of the strange sounds people posted about. The map is unfinished but looking at how several of the events are lining up on the map, I'm compelled to make a new one with more info. If anyone wants to add their event to the map, i need the exact location and time it happened, and how long it lasted. Most of the ones on this map lasted between 20 and 30 minutes and some said the ground was vibrating also. Many of them thought it was a tornado and several of them saw flashes of light in the sky as well. Any details you can tell me would help and i'll color code the events on the map.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac2cd3fe417d.jpg[/atsimg]
This is a screenshot of how far I got on this map so far. Notice how the majority of the events are lining up, as though something were traveling down that line?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
is this a global thing then?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hello.
I'm sorry this is my 1st reply on ATS. I've been reading and giving some thought to this noise phenomena. After watching one of the videos on YT, the one made by a woman I could not help to notice something weird. After the flash, the noise starts fading and she says "I don't hear it anymore" or something like that, but the sound is still audible for a second. This is making me doubt about the veracity of the video.. Just wanted to know what you guys think..
Regards.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Heard around the world? As far as I can tell its only been heard in the US and Canada...that's hardly the world. You've uploaded a nice map where we can see the locations of those events. It does indeed look like a flight path. I believe that to be the case.

My guess is that it would be a pulse engine ( there loads of videos of those on youtube ). Perhaps a new aircraft beeing tested?

Just my 2 cents

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join