It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teorema
reply to post by freedish

You really believe in that Adam and Eve bedstory?
Or you're just using it to argument some
gay hate?

Yes I do believe it.

When did I say I hate gay people? Please find where I said that.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilly1
reply to post by Christian Voice

So you say your a logical person but nothing you say is logical. Infact if you believe in one book and nothing but the one book then you only know one book....... I know,,, its not a book its a small library......BUT....... Its one freakin book.....YOUR Not logical and you'll never think logically. How in the world can you assume that just because animals dont act gay and we do you then realize that its unnatural????? Its moronic thinkking,, only people that follow one book could think like that............

You don't judge gays for being the way they are. But you are judging this person for being a christian. Hypocritical?

Oh and not to mention you put just as much faith in books about science that are constantly proved wrong or rewritten.
Again, hypocritical.

By the way he seemed pretty damn logical to me.

Now what -isn't- logical is thinking that this universe just magically appeared out of nothing.

Let me ask, have you ever studied quantum mechanics?

Quantum physicists have found many strange phenomena occuring at the sub atomic level. (Some of these scientists are ATHEIST). For instance they have discovered that consciousness affects reality. Think of that old adage if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it then does it make a sound? Well according to quantum mechanics the answer is NO. However we know logically that the tree does make a noise. How do the atheist scientists explain this? They call it "universal consciousness."

I call it God- science God is an omnipotent being. Seems pretty logical to me.

Ouch all this scientific stuff is hurting my fragile little christian mind.

edit on 26-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

THE FACT YOU DESPERATELY COMBINE GOD WITH SCIENCE IS NOT LOGICAL . A GOD THAT SUPPOSEDLY INVENTED ,CREATED, PROMOTES OR MADE (SCIENCE) FOR US ,,,IS A GOD THAT DOESN'T GIVE A # ABOUT YOU OR I. THE PROBLEM WITH YOU AND EVERY OTHER "ONE BOOKER " IS YOU ALL THINK WE HUMANS ARE ARE SPECIAL ... AS IF WE DESERVE A SPECIAL TICKET AFTER DEATH.. WE'RE A QUANTUM #ING SPEC NOTHING MORE. YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IN A DEITY THAT ACTS LIKE A FATHER, ALWAYS CHECKING ON SPECIAL YOU,,,,,GO RIGHT HEAD. DO I KMOW WHAT CREATED US AND UNIVERSE ,,, NO,,, AND DONT CARE,,DONT CARE NOW AND I WONT CARE AFTER DEATH... I JUST DONT CARE..... BUT YOU DO ,,AND THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM INCLUDING ALL "ONE BOOKER'S",,, YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT YOUSELF AND WHO CREATED US ,,THAT YOU HAVE MISSED THE CRUISE SHIP......BUT SINCE YOU ALREADY STARTED CON JOINING SCIENCE WITH RELIGION IS AN ATHEIST IN THE MAKING....I WISH YOU LUCK ,NOT BLESSING, CAUSE YOU WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE AN INTERNAL STRUGGLE,,,, WHICH SUCKS ,,,,I WENT THRU IT UNTIL I DIDNT CARE ANYMORE.... YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOME TIME...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

THE FACT YOU DESPERATELY COMBINE GOD WITH SCIENCE IS NOT LOGICAL . A GOD THAT SUPPOSEDLY INVENTED ,CREATED, PROMOTES OR MADE (SCIENCE) FOR US ,,,IS A GOD THAT DOESN'T GIVE A # ABOUT YOU OR I. THE PROBLEM WITH YOU AND EVERY OTHER "ONE BOOKER " IS YOU ALL THINK WE HUMANS ARE ARE SPECIAL ... AS IF WE DESERVE A SPECIAL TICKET AFTER DEATH.. WE'RE A QUANTUM #ING SPEC NOTHING MORE. YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IN A DEITY THAT ACTS LIKE A FATHER, ALWAYS CHECKING ON SPECIAL YOU,,,,,GO RIGHT HEAD. DO I KMOW WHAT CREATED US AND UNIVERSE ,,, NO,,, AND DONT CARE,,DONT CARE NOW AND I WONT CARE AFTER DEATH... I JUST DONT CARE..... BUT YOU DO ,,AND THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM INCLUDING ALL "ONE BOOKER'S",,, YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT YOUSELF AND WHO CREATED US ,,THAT YOU HAVE MISSED THE CRUISE SHIP......BUT SINCE YOU ALREADY STARTED CON JOINING SCIENCE WITH RELIGION IS AN ATHEIST IN THE MAKING....I WISH YOU LUCK ,NOT BLESSING, CAUSE YOU WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE AN INTERNAL STRUGGLE,,,, WHICH SUCKS ,,,,I WENT THRU IT UNTIL I DIDNT CARE ANYMORE.... YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOME TIME...

Religious intolerance much? Aww poor little child is upset someone is trying to teach him/her right from wrong. The old testament is filled with science. How do you think they came up with the design for the lunar lander? Heck the OT dietary and hygiene laws(like poop chute=exit only because how easily diseases spread, one of the reasons homosexuality=bad) protected Jewish Europeans when the Plague hit. That is why they faced persecution, because other Europeans weren't smart enough to ask the right questions. So instead of trying to learn from them they blamed them as the cause of the plague.

Heck look at the OT commanding soldiers to rest for 7 day's before they could go back to civilian population. Sounds like a decent treatment for PSTD. If you look at the OT through those lenses there is a boatload of science(+ Tons of history, without the OT we would of missed out on a few ancient civilizations).

I know sometimes I take it to the extreme(and cautiously wait for a slap from mod's from time to time) but maybe you should see a shrink? Well typing in cap's in a weird sentence structure.... people will start to think your not right in the head...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

THE CATHARS WERE JUST AS CLEAN AS THE JEWS ,IN FACT OTHER EUROPEAN TRIBES(GNOSTICS) WERE JUST AS CLEAN....BUT THATS NOT MY POINT , YOU AND THE REST OF "ONE BOOKERS" NEED RELIGION ONLY BECAUSE YOU CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AFTER YOU DIE. NOTHING MORE. YOU SAY I NEED A SHRINK, WHY,,, YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT TYPE NONSENSE WITH NO FACTS ... THE CRAP YOU WRITE ABOUT SPACE TECHNOLOGY COMING FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT IS PRETTY FUNNY . REMEMBER THIS "OB" , EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE (AND KORAN) COMES FROM THE JEWS,MIRTHRA, EGYPTIAN AND SUMERIAN THEOLOGY. .....GETTING THE #ING PICTURE MORON.. NOTHING ABOUT THE JEWS IS AUTHENTIC .THEY TOOK AND COPIED EGYPTIAN AND BABYLONIAN IDEALS AND CREATED THERE OWN RELIGION. AND ONCE HELENISM CAME INTO THE JEWISH PICTURE, JEWS DROPPED THERE CORE MIDDLE-EASTERN IDEALS AN ADOPTED THE ROMAN/GRECO(HELENISM) MENTALITY WHICH IS WHY JOHN THE BAPTIS,JAMES AND JESUS CAME INTO THE PICTURE. THEY WANTED JEWS TO GO BACK TO THERE OLDER IDEALS, CLOSER TO THE EGYPTIAN/BABYLONIAN FRONT. I'M SURE JESUS WAS AN INCREDIBLE PERSON ,BUT NOTHING MORE . HOW YOU CAN BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE AND THE TRINITY IS HILARIOUS.. YOU DO KNOW MEN VOTED ON THE EXISTENCE OF TRINITY AND ON THE NEW TESTAMENT.. ONLY PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY ARE SPECIAL AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT THE AFTER LIFE WOULD BELIEVE SUCH CRAP. AT THE END OF DAY YOU CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG ALL YOU CAN DO IS INSULT MY WRITING STYLE.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Knock off the personal insults

and....

Knock off the use of all caps in posts please. It is considered to be shouting and rude to type in all caps on an internet discussion forum

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

understood

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Religious intolerance much? Aww poor little child is upset someone is trying to teach him/her right from wrong. The old testament is filled with science. How do you think they came up with the design for the lunar lander? Heck the OT dietary and hygiene laws(like poop chute=exit only because how easily diseases spread, one of the reasons homosexuality=bad) protected Jewish Europeans when the Plague hit. That is why they faced persecution, because other Europeans weren't smart enough to ask the right questions. So instead of trying to learn from them they blamed them as the cause of the plague.

Heck look at the OT commanding soldiers to rest for 7 day's before they could go back to civilian population. Sounds like a decent treatment for PSTD. If you look at the OT through those lenses there is a boatload of science(+ Tons of history, without the OT we would of missed out on a few ancient civilizations).

I know sometimes I take it to the extreme(and cautiously wait for a slap from mod's from time to time) but maybe you should see a shrink? Well typing in cap's in a weird sentence structure.... people will start to think your not right in the head...

Its okay some people choose to stay ignorant. Lilly I hope the best for ya. But you need to broaden your horizons. Start -really- searching for the truth. That means being open minded to the idea of God. Once you look at life through every possible perspective without bias its pretty clear which one is correct. I also don't see the problem with with combining science and God. Science is only a way by which we humans try to explain the world around us. It is by no means a way to disprove God. Plz read my signature.

Btw when you type in caps lock people think you are shouting and it is considered rude. And it also hurts peoples eyes hehe. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lilly1

YOU AND THE REST OF "ONE BOOKERS" NEED RELIGION ONLY BECAUSE YOU CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AFTER YOU DIE. NOTHING MORE.

Not true. I also care about what happens now. God affects my daily life through reading His word and prayer. I love God, He is a real person with feelings. And you can actually have a relationship with Him, there is nothing else like it.

Btw we are getting way off topic here.

I love gay people.

edit on 27-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by lilly1

He is a real person with feelings???Where in the bible does it say that

YOU AND THE REST OF "ONE BOOKERS" NEED RELIGION ONLY BECAUSE YOU CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AFTER YOU DIE. NOTHING MORE.

Not true. I also care about what happens now. God affects my daily life through reading His word and prayer. I love God, He is a real person with feelings. And you can actually have a relationship with Him, there is nothing else like it.

Btw we are getting way off topic here.

I love gay people.

edit on 27-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Is there a PC version of this app?

I would love to have that so I can email and skype it to all those folks I know who I think might get some good use out of it.

Bravo to this company who are so kind and thoughtful as to make such an app to help folks out!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Apple under fire for 'gay conversion' app

www.telegraph.co.uk

Apple has come under fire for approving an "app" that offers guidance on how homosexual people can be "cured" and convert to heterosexuality

The "gay cure" application, designed to be used on Apple's hand-held devices, was created by and named after Exodus International, a religious organisation which believes in teaching "freedom from homosexuality through prayer and practicing conversion therapy".

was given a "4+" rating by the company
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hopefully someone will create an App to help Convert Christians into sane and useful people. Then there will be balance in the force.

So please, if you care to, pray for the Christian-to-Sane person Conversion App.
I will!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lilly1

Wow, somebody has issues.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

So you are calling Christians insane? Please do explain. I would love to hear from an all knowing person such as yourself.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

So you are calling Christians insane? Please do explain. I would love to hear from an all knowing person such as yourself.

Religion can be considered a delusional disorder. It had to be specificaly excluded from the diagnostic manual. So indeed, the notion that devout religious people are simply insane is not totaly baseless..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I saw nowhere in your wikipedia article where it even claim close to inferring that Christians are delusional or that Christianity had to be specifically excluded from anything.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The DSM-IV, and psychologists, generally agree that personal beliefs should be evaluated with great respect to complexity of cultural and religious differences since some cultures have widely accepted beliefs that may be considered delusional in other cultures.[3] Specifically, to be a "delusion," a belief must be sustained despite what almost everyone else believes, and not be one ordinarily accepted by other members of the person's culture or subculture (e.g., it is not an article of religious faith).[4]

Basically, it is not a delusion if more than one person believes it. This condition was added to exclude religious beliefs and such from being considered a delusional disorder, and is quite ad-hoc. It is not a coincidence that Dawkins book was called "The god delusion".

edit on 28/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Not all knowing. And not all up in everyone's business like the person or group who would decide that they are in fact so all knowing and so perfect that they need to create a "conversion tool" to help fix those gay people.

Does not the bible say that Jesus comes to each man in his own time and in his own way?

So while Christians profess an undying commitment to Jesus and his teachings, they really don't follow any of them, or live as though they believe in any of them.

Why don't Christians spend more time trying to improve them world, make peace, adopting children, cleaning up polution. Anything other than trying to pick on gay people???

Oh yeah, because Bullies need victims to make themselves feel more important.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
To the OP...aps are aps, you don't like it, don't download it...pretty simple. (There are currently many far more offensive aps out there)

To the whole natural debate.

Can animals be homosexual? Unknown, and we won't know until we learn how to communciate with animals. We simply do not know why animals do many of the things they do...we have theories, but that is about it.

Is homosexuality natural? Well, I should hope that anything a human being does is considered natural...we were born by nature ffs. So ANYTHING we do, from burning oil to our personal preferences for sexuality, is IMHO 100% natural.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

The DSM-IV, and psychologists, generally agree that personal beliefs should be evaluated with great respect to complexity of cultural and religious differences since some cultures have widely accepted beliefs that may be considered delusional in other cultures.[3] Specifically, to be a "delusion," a belief must be sustained despite what almost everyone else believes, and not be one ordinarily accepted by other members of the person's culture or subculture (e.g., it is not an article of religious faith).[4]

Basically, it is not a delusion if more than one person believes it. This condition was added to exclude religious beliefs and such from being considered a delusional disorder, and is quite ad-hoc. It is not a coincidence that Dawkins book was called "The god delusion".

You should read "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. It is an eye opener.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join