It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Corruption?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Since there seems to be sooo many religious threads popping up lately i thought i might add another for everyone to ponder

This is in no way my work, i only present this as "informational"....take it as you will...

By Allan Cronshaw

HAS THE BIBLE BEEN FAITHFULLY PRESERVED?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Bible is such a disastrous mess that only the deluded thick-skulled brainwashed cult victims are unable to see it.

But the deluded brain-dead folks will defend it until their last breath. ...or until they research the origins of their religion.

Wishful thinking as they are brainwashed to not think, so scratch that one off...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The belief in the mythical character in sky, ( also known as sky zombie ) is laughable at best. Years of scientific proof that suggests life long before the alleged creation falls on deaf ears. Mind boggling actually...but hey, as long as the so called churches arent taking my money for their gain, im good!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's been said that the bible has been tampered with. Hell the Vatican admitted it and who knows what was else was changed because there has to be things that slipped through the cracks. The bible as the word of god? I highly doubt it. Is there some truth to it? I think so.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
It's been said that the bible has been tampered with. Hell the Vatican admitted it and who knows what was else was changed because there has to be things that slipped through the cracks. The bible as the word of god? I highly doubt it. Is there some truth to it? I think so.

Of course there are truths in it, but understanding it and reading it are two seperate issues...

There are truths in all scriptures, including recent writings...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Of courses the Bible hasn't been faithfully preserved. It has been edited, redacted, re-edited, re-redacted, cut, pasted and re-written down through the centuries by so many groups, each with their own agendas, that it is virtually meaningless today, even as a history and then only marginally. When you have two different accounts in the first couple chapters of Genesis regarding the creation of the world, well, that should tell you something. Sadly for fundamenalists, it doesn't. How anyone can read the Bible and claim it is god's word and inerrant is incomprehensible to me. I won't even get into the character and personality of the god whose word it is that the Bible claims to be, but the phrase "go back on your meds" keeps coming to mind. Having said that, I do believe that a knowledge of the Bible is important for everyone so that you can understand and appreciate much of Western Civ's great works of literature. And the Song of Songs Which is Solomon's is a lovely piece of erotica.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyLover

that it is virtually meaningless today,

I disagree its not meaningless, theres great knowledge in the bible...you just have to know where to look

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
yes I also feel it has been tainted by the hand of man I respect Jesus was an enlightened soul who had a great message for us all but once ignorant man got his hands on it, you know the rest catholic inquisition witch finder general infected blankets to many indigenous tribes of the world etc such a shame, also how much was omitted as it was deemed heresy they seem more bothered about money and there collection plates than the spirit of man and our spiritual evolution

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bauldrick
yes I also feel it has been tainted by the hand of man I respect Jesus was an enlightened soul who had a great message for us all but once ignorant man got his hands on it, you know the rest catholic inquisition witch finder general infected blankets to many indigenous tribes of the world etc such a shame, also how much was omitted as it was deemed heresy they seem more bothered about money and there collection plates than the spirit of man and our spiritual evolution

The right messages are still there, you just have to search

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
The belief in the mythical character in sky, ( also known as sky zombie ) is laughable at best. Years of scientific proof that suggests life long before the alleged creation falls on deaf ears. Mind boggling actually...but hey, as long as the so called churches arent taking my money for their gain, im good!

So you completely fail to miss the allegory? I mean, I've seen people who are followers of a man who spoke in parables using metaphor and allegory swear up and down he should be taken literally, but I think it's hilarious that any genuine critic of religious texts would actually assume that allegory was meant to be taken literally!

edit on 21-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if it has since its current form was determined by committee.

And even if it were perfectly preserved it still lends no credence to whether its claims are truthful.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't see the point if the bible was restored to its original state unchanged would you guys all be flocking to church? I did not think so. Why spend so much time on something you don't believe in, or are you just trying to convince yourself it is all BS?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It always amuses me, that the obvious regressive step in such religious contexts seldom is mentioned.

Before any debate of 'corruption' takes place (which I presume relates to: Has any of the holy manual's interpretations/editions any value), it would be reasonable to establish some validity to the manual per se. Christian extremist religionists usually avoid that, referring to 'faith' and then go on to argue/fight everything and everybody, including other christians.

This makes it difficult to take extremist christian positions serious and is probably a main reason for much of the irony and sarcasm directed at christian extremism.

There's something intrinsically ridiculous about people insisting on 'being right, because they're right'.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
While I'm no fan of organized religion, I do want to point out that even if there were no ulterior motives to change the text of the bible, if the goal all along was to preserve it exactly, it wouldn't be possible.

Copies of the bible have been made by hand for most of the history of the religion. Typos and other errors are going to be made. This new bible gets passed along and someone else makes a copy from it. The old typos will probably be incorporated into this new copy, along with more being made. This goes on for centuries. Most of the errors would probably be minor, but every so often a major error would go unnoticed.

So, even if the church was determined to preserve everything it would be impossible due to the fact that everybody makes mistakes, even when it comes to something that they consider an important task.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The point of this discussion was to show that in fact there is truth in the bible, but you have to look for it...

You can't let someone else including your church read it for you, and then let them preach it to you and assume that this is the correct inturpretation. Myself, i assume the church has nothing to do with God because for one, the vatican(assumed to be the worlds authority on the bible) is also the one of the biggest banks on the planet. IF they followed their own God, that money would be given to the public... and this arguement is way to deep to get into on this post.

You have to read the bible your self, and question every thing in it... that is where you'll find the truth.

And you should (IMHO) start by reading the words of christ, once you understand what his message was the rest of the bible becomes clear...you can see the truth in the writings if you approach them from the mind of the one man who "knew God".

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To answer the article....Yes it has. Why? because the Bible said it is:

Psalms 12:6-7
6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt PRESERVE them from this generation for ever.

I basically posted this just to make people mad
You know the answer to this question now though don't you mad cat? After reading my thread you should.

Remember Jeremiah chapter 36?
edit on 28-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Akragon

To answer the article....Yes it has. Why? because the Bible said it is:

Psalms 12:6-7
6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt PRESERVE them from this generation for ever.

I basically posted this just to make people mad
You know the answer to this question now though don't you mad cat? After reading my thread you should.

Remember Jeremiah chapter 36?
edit on 28-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

You're not making anyone mad my friend... did you notice my Cat is smiling
I don't get mad its just not necessary.

If you think the bible was preserved completely thats fine, others don't...thats also fine. My self im not convinced it was the full story considering what was left out. I've also found nothing to disprove Heptadic structure so again im at a crossroads on the matter.

Regardless as i've said before, anyone can read the bible, but understanding it is different...

Sometimes you make me wonder, then you come up with a quote which changes my mind...

hmm...

Btw i wasn't refering to your psalms quote...so far i've only seen two things i'd actually agree with you on...aside from just biblical questions.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

join