It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contributions of Creationism/Intelligent Design to Science

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
The best answers to all of nature are presented to us in the Bible.

Ah. You mean how all disease is caused by demons? Or how rainbows are a covenant? Or how the moon is just a light? And how the earth is flat with four corners?

I'd say the bible is one of the most inaccurate texts that ever existed in describing the natural world.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I notice that you are only refuting that I said something and not the facts of what I said. Interesting. Next time you reply, make sure and quote me with your understanding of science. Bias is not a reason.

And yes, science has made observations that lead to mastery of nature in some areas. Trace those discoveries back and you will find a Jewish scientist listed on the discovery. God reveals most of what we currently know from Israel, which is the light of the nations. It's an endless chain of cause and effect directly form God through his chosen people. We wouldn't have computers were it not for the Hebrews.

LINK

Originally posted by john_bmth
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You literally have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to science. I'm sorry if science runs contrary to your holy book but you are deluded in the way you flagrantly ignore objective evidence that conflicts with your scripture. If you want to live in a fantasy land, by all means you are fee to do so, but it strikes me as more than a little foolish to dismiss science out of hand yet be content to reap the benefits by using a computer and posting on the internet. Maybe an Amish way of life would better suite your beliefs, rather than living a lie in this modern world?

edit on 31-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

And more disinformation and random preaching

And yes, science has made observations that lead to mastery of nature in some areas. Trace those discoveries back and you will find a Jewish scientist listed on the discovery.

Darwin...not Jewish.
Newton...not Jewish.
Einstein...not Jewish...hell, he didn't even believe in a personal god.

And the math we're using today is based on the ARABIC numbering system...

There's brilliant scientists that are Jewish, but claiming they're the ones making the best discoveries is beyond hogwash

God reveals most of what we currently know from Israel, which is the light of the nations.

And more random preaching. Last I checked Israel's been accused of war crimes numerous times, and illegally builds settlements. That's what we know Israel for mostly. I wouldn't call that a light of the nations

It's an endless chain of cause and effect directly form God through his chosen people.

Funny how religious people always claim they're the chosen ones

We wouldn't have computers were it not for the Hebrews.

Now you're just making up random crap

The first computer comes from the US, Penn University to be exact. You can look up the entire team behind it, they're US citizens. Not that I ever expect you to look at facts if they don't agree with your nonsense worldview.
Source

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

People need LIGHT To See TRUTH!

A change of mind

Dr Sanford was an evolutionist but changed his mind:

Plant geneticist Dr John Sanford and gene gun

Dr Sanford was one of the scientists who developed the ‘gene gun’. It fires genes into plant cells and revolutionized genetic engineering and plant breeding.

‘I was totally sold on evolution. It was my religion; it defined how I saw everything, it was my value system and my reason for being. Later, I came to believe in “God”, but this still did not significantly change my intellectual outlook regarding origins. However, still later, as I began to personally know and submit to Jesus, I started to be fundamentally changed—in every respect. This included my mind, and how I viewed science and history. I would not say that science led me to the Lord (which is the experience of some). Rather I would say Jesus opened my eyes to His creation—I was blind, and gradually I could see. It sounds simple, but it was a slow and painful process. I still only see “as through a glass, darkly” [1 Cor. 13:12]. But I see so much more than I could before!

‘On a personal level this was a time of spiritual awakening, but professionally I remained “in the closet”. I did not feel I could defend my faith in an academic setting. So I felt the need to take temporary leave from academia and institutional science because of the tension I felt in this regard, and the enormous potential hostility I sensed from my academic colleagues.

‘I think the academic environment is very hostile to the very idea of a living and active God, making it almost impossible for a genuine Christian to feel open or welcome. I needed some distance from academia to get a hold of my own beliefs and why I hold them. I feel I have now grown to the point where I can re-enter institutional academia (to the extent that I am not expelled), without compromising my basic Christian beliefs.’

creation.com...

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act
edit on Tue Apr 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Einstein was a Jew through and through. Newton was not a Jew but was versed in Hebrew and was obsessed with Hebrew studies. Darwin did not contribute to what we know about origins. He made observations that led to incorrect conclusions and implications. You did not consult the linked list of Jewish scientists that I posted in the thread you commented on. Here's another LINK. Do some research.

Originally posted by MrXYZ

And more disinformation and random preaching

And yes, science has made observations that lead to mastery of nature in some areas. Trace those discoveries back and you will find a Jewish scientist listed on the discovery.

Darwin...not Jewish.
Newton...not Jewish.
Einstein...not Jewish...hell, he didn't even believe in a personal god.

And the math we're using today is based on the ARABIC numbering system...

There's brilliant scientists that are Jewish, but claiming they're the ones making the best discoveries is beyond hogwash

God reveals most of what we currently know from Israel, which is the light of the nations.

And more random preaching. Last I checked Israel's been accused of war crimes numerous times, and illegally builds settlements. That's what we know Israel for mostly. I wouldn't call that a light of the nations

It's an endless chain of cause and effect directly form God through his chosen people.

Funny how religious people always claim they're the chosen ones

The first computer comes from the US, Penn University to be exact. You can look up the entire team behind it, they're US citizens. Not that I ever expect you to look at facts if they don't agree with your nonsense worldview.
Source

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ronrand Zuse, 1936, built the first computer. Jewish. Lived in Germany. Mother was Jewish. I'm not sure about his father but I would assume he was.

John Atanasoff, 1942, also Jewish. First to enter the computer business.

John Bardeen, not Jewish, developed the first transistor. He worked closely with Leon Cooper on all projects and Cooper was Jewish. Together, they developed superconductivity.

Robert Noyce. Founder of Intel and invented the computer chip. He is the Jewish connection to the internet.

I could keep going, but if you are unwilling to see, you will will remain blind.

Source

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

'Not only is evolution entirely an hypothesis, it is a most peculiar one. This is the conclusion of a number of conscientious scientists. They have spent years trying to work with an unworkable theory, and they want it discarded entirely.

Instead of ignoring the growing opposition to evolutionary theory, researchers need to consider the overwhelming mass of evidence in opposition to it. We need to stop letting this sacred cow walk through our halls of science.

"Fundamental truths about evolution have so far eluded us all, and that uncritical acceptance of Darwinism may be counterproductive as well as expedient. Far from ignoring or ridiculing the ground-swell of opposition to Darwinism that is growing, for example, in the United States, we should welcome it as an opportunity to reexamine our sacred cow more closely."—*B. Storehouse, "Introduction," in *Michael Pitman, Adam and Evolution (1984), p. 12.

www.unidiversal.com...

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

edit on Tue Apr 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Faith2011

A yes, pathways.com, the shining beacon of knowledge

Your last 2 posts are so full of pseudo-science and wrong information, I don't know where to begin.

First of all, the first computer was indeed invented in 1942 (and the next in 1945) at Iowa State University by John Vincent Atanasoff and his research assistant. They were both US citizens and had nothing to do with Israel.
But who cares about facts, right?

As for Einstein being a Jew...yeah...right

The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.

Letter to philosopher Eric Gutkind, January 3, 1954

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.

- Albert Einstein, responding to Rabbi Herbert Goldstein's question "Do you believe in God?" quoted in: Has Science Found God?, by Victor J Stenger

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution, human fantasy created gods in man's own image who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate influence, the phenomenal world.

- Albert Einstein, quoted in: 2000 Years of Disbelief, James Haught

I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.

- Albert Einstein to Guy H. Raner Jr., Sept. 28, 1949, quoted by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic magazine, Vol. 5, No. 2

It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I also cannot imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere.... Science has been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.

- Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science," New York Times Magazine, November 9, 1930

The desire for guidance, love, and support prompts men to form the social or moral conception of God. This is the God of Providence, who protects, disposes, rewards, and punishes; the God who, according to the limits of the believer's outlook, loves and cherishes the life of the tribe or of the human race, or even or life itself; the comforter in sorrow and unsatisfied longing; he who preserves the souls of the dead. This is the social or moral conception of God.

- Albert Einstein, New York Times Magazine, November 9, 1930

I cannot conceive of a personal God who would directly influence the actions of individuals, or would directly sit in judgment on creatures of his own creation. I cannot do this in spite of the fact that mechanistic causality has, to a certain extent, been placed in doubt by modern science. My religiosity consists in a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit that reveals itself in the little that we, with our weak and transitory understanding, can comprehend of reality. Morality is of the highest importance -- but for us, not for God.

- Albert Einstein, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

And how does Newton being interested in other cultures like the Hebrew culture make him a Jew or Jewish in any way? I am interested in some religions, but I think it's pretty clear I'm not religious

Robert Noyce. Founder of Intel and invented the computer chip. He is the Jewish connection to the internet.

Noyce was an interesting fellow, and inspired many entrepreneurs...having said that, the Intel had nothing to do with the development of the Internet. It was a military project started 8 years before Intel was even founded...but whatever, right?

All you do is post some utter nonsense, never back anything up with sources other than comedy pseudo-science sites like pathway.org, and when people prove you wrong...you just ignore it and keep on preaching hogwash and blatant lies.

For those interested in pathway.org, one of their gems regarding the age of the earth (obviously only a few thousand years) contains this hilarious quote:

Ultraviolet light changes moon rocks into dust.

I could keep going, but if you are unwilling to see, you will will remain blind.

Keep going, by all means. But I'd appreciate it if you stopped copy/pasting blatant lies and falsehoods from pseudo-scientific websites like pathway.org. How about some objective evidence and facts for a change, rather than blind preaching?

Either way, it doesn't matter where those scientists come from, or what their personal religion is...their genius consists of their objectively backed-up theories!
edit on 31-3-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Bible states science in simple terms. Apart from what we have derived from these simple facts, the Jewish scientists and our preprogrammed desires, we would not be on the road to discovery of anything.

We can test the Bible on its science.

Light/Wave duality. Genesis 1 / John 1

All things are made of sub-atomic particles too small to see. Hebrews 11:3

Time had a beginning. 1 Timothy 1:8-9

The stars are too great in number to count. Genesis 15:5, Jeremiah 33:32, Hebrews 11:12

All matter is made from what is not seen. Hebrews 11:3

Shape of the earth. Isaiah 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

The earth moves in a large orbit. Psalms 19:4-6

Light travels in paths, darkness does not. Job 38:19

The Universe is expanded from its original size. Isaiah 42:5, 45:12, 44:24, 48:13, 51:13

The North Pole and the fact that Earth floats freely. Job 26:7

Life is in the blood. Leviticus 17:11-14

Blood coagulates on the 8th day after birth. Not discovered until 1935. Genesis 17:12

Jews and Arabs descend from one man. Genesis. Y Chromosomes and DNA testing proves this.

Laughter can promote healing. Proverbs 17:22

Depression is harmful. Proverbs 17:22

The Jet Stream. Ecclesiastes 1:6 Not discovered until WWII

Hydrological Cycle Job 36:27-28, Amos 9:6

Air has weight. Job 28:25

Anthropic Principle Isaiah 45:18, Genesis 1:23-27, Job 40:15-24

Entropy Psalms 102:25-26, Isaiah 51:6, Hebrews 1:10-11

Prediction of modern TV, Internet, Satellite. Revelations 11:7-11

Oceans circulate in currents and paths. Psalm 8:8, Isaiah 43:16

There are springs that originate on the ocean floor. Job 38:16, Jonah 2:5-6

Mountains and valleys on the ocean floor. Job 38:16, Jonah 2:5-6 The Challenger expedition (1873-1876)

Prediction of mass transportation and exponential expansion of knowledge. The word increase in this verse means multiply and not add to. The word 'watirbeh' "and shall multiply"

Daniel 12:4

4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

We are at the end. Better notice while there is still time.

Originally posted by iterationzero

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

We have made our best observations in the last 100 years, making your statement a bit presumptuous at this point. The best answers to all of nature are presented to us in the Bible. It stands against our best science, presented in the simplest form possible. All the obvious answers in one place. The Bible has been our only true comparison apart from the obvious design in nature.

To use your own model for understanding, the "facts" as presented in the Bible are based on the best observations of a bunch of primitive goat herders over three thousand years ago. So claiming that it provides the best answers, even after it’s been debunked time and time again by the facts, is more than a bit presumptuous... it's absolutely lunatic.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Honestly, do you even use Google? Can you read?

John Atanasoff's father was Jewish. LINK

Einstein, also Jewish. LINK

Hewlett Packard Corp. Bill Hewlett - Jewish

A yes, pathways.com, the shining beacon of knowledge

Your last 2 posts are so full of pseudo-science and wrong information, I don't know where to begin.

First of all, the first computer was indeed invented in 1942 (and the next in 1945) at Iowa State University by John Vincent Atanasoff and his research assistant. They were both US citizens and had nothing to do with Israel.
But who cares about facts, right?

As for Einstein being a Jew...yeah...right

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The Bible states science in simple terms.

You can't just dumb everything down

Apart from what we have derived from these simple facts, the Jewish scientists and our preprogrammed desires, we would not be on the road to discovery of anything.

What's up with your obsession of Jewish scientists?

Are you implying they are somehow better than scientists of other countries?

And you (and the bible) obviously know nothing about light. It consists of "waves", and different light has different wave lengths, there's no duality

Time had a beginning. 1 Timothy 1:8-9

Scientists aren't even sure of that...

The stars are too great in number to count. Genesis 15:5, Jeremiah 33:32, Hebrews 11:12

We just don't know how many they are...if we knew, we could express it in a number.

All matter is made from what is not seen. Hebrews 11:3

Actually, with technology we can now see atoms: LINK

Shape of the earth. Isaiah 40:22 [It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

A certain...suuuuure

Light travels in paths, darkness does not. Job 38:19

Mhhhh, what darkness?

Look, all your bible quotes are garbage...the bible isn't objective proof. It also states humans came into existence in their current form, and we know that's wrong. Also, your interpretation of bible quotes is hilarious.

Take Revelations 11:7-11 for example:

7 When they complete their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the bottomless pit will declare war against them. He will conquer them and kill them. 8 And their bodies will lie in the main street of Jerusalem, the city which is called "Sodom" and "Egypt," the city where their Lord was crucified. 9 And for three and a half days, all peoples, tribes, languages, and nations will come to stare at their bodies. No one will be allowed to bury them. 10 All the people who belong to this world will give presents to each other to celebrate the death of the two prophets who had tormented them. 11 But after three and a half days, the spirit of life from God entered them, and they stood up! And terror struck all who were staring at them.

And your interpretation:

Prediction of modern TV, Internet, Satellite.

Are you serious?

I also love how you never ever defend your position when someone refutes one of your nonsense claims...but instead just continue to post new crap.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

He was Jewish through is family...but clearly didn't subscribe to the Jewish religion, as he didn't believe in a personal god. In fact, he called the very idea of a personal god "childish" as you can see in the quotes I posted above.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Who was Jewish again? You're replying with no quote to refer to. Blood makes you Jewish or other nationalities. Ideology is another story. American is not a blood type identifier. Being Jewish can be identified by DNA from a simple blood test.

He was Jewish through is family...but clearly didn't subscribe to the Jewish religion, as he didn't believe in a personal god. In fact, he called the very idea of a personal god "childish" as you can see in the quotes I posted above.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
All particles have an associated wave. Light is both particle and wave, making it consist of a dual nature. Please do some research on what you say. The mystery of light is tied to the mystery of physics. The double slit experiment may shed some light on this for you. Watch a video or two. The double slit experiment tells us how God can allow consciousness to change the state of matter. Another proof of God by the way.

Duality Link
ANOTHER LINK

Light, being both particle and wave, was used as the foundation for two statements in the Bible. John 1 and Genesis 1. This is no accident. This is fundamental to any knowledge of the physics that make up the universe.

Here's the problem with bias. Your bias blinds you. Impenetrability is really the problem here. This is the fact that two objects cannot occupy the same space. Your intellect is being pushed aside by emotion and bias. The stronger of the two will always win. Develop some equanimity and you can begin to see that the world around you is not driven by emotion alone. Emotion is bias. This is the material nature and amounts to being ruled by your lust for pleasure. Die to the human nature and you begin to think with intellect. It then becomes the stronger of the two and resists the emotional state from ruling the mind. Thus, you wake from your sleep.

Here's an article I wrote on the subject. ARTICLE

And you (and the bible) obviously know nothing about light. It consists of "waves", and different light has different wave lengths, there's no duality

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

One of the simplest and best proofs that evolution is a joke, is the FACT that there is NO recorded history prior to 4,000 B.C. The world's history is CLEARY defined by SIX world powers since time began: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome. Since Rome's fall in 476 A.D., there have been no world-powers (many super-powers; but, no world-powers). At the time of Moses, Egypt ruled the world. The Israelites were used as slave labor by Pharaoh to build the pyramids. Before Egypt, there is absolutely nothing recorded in history about a world-power. It is NO coincidence that Revelation 17:10 speaks of these world-powers, "...five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space." At the writing of Revelation, Rome was still a world-power. The Apostle John, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, tells us that Rome is the 6th world-power, and there is one more to come. The 7th world-power will be the beast system, the kingdom of the antichrist. This diabolical New World Order is quickly forming now (i.e., a universal religious view, global centralized government, a one-world economic system, a cashless society, etc.).

Do you think it's a mere coincidence that the Word of God is so concise on world history? The Bible records the beginning of mankind at about 4,000 B.C., and secular history is eerily silent before 4,000 B.C. for those who claim to believe in evolution. If I were an evolutionist, I would be extremely disturbed by this FACT. Prove me wrong! I dare you. I triple-dog dare you to show me any recorded civilization before 4,000 B.C. And I don't mean some pottery jug or item that you claim is 14,000 years old--Show me any evidence of civilization prior to 4,000 B.C. You cannot. In fact, it is difficult to find much recorded history before 2,500 B.C., because the flood of Noah's day destroyed most of it. How can evolutionists be so naive and foolish as to totally ignore this incredibly obvious fact? There is NO recorded history prior to 4,000 B.C.--no writings, no carved stones, no battles, no wars, no countries, no nothing! It's as if mankind just suddenly began (which is exactly what the Bible teaches happened). God created man out of the dirt, the elements, of the earth.

Ancient history is the study of the written past from the beginning of recorded human history in the Old World to the Early Middle Ages in Europe.

The span of recorded history is roughly 5,000 years, with Cuneiform script, the oldest discovered form of coherent writing, from the protoliterate period around the 30th century BC. This is the beginning of recorded history... (Also correlating to the timeline of The Bible)

What are the scientific proof that man’s body came from the dust of the ground, as the Bible says? The human body is made up of materials and minerals found on the surface of the ground, and not from the core of the earth. Oxygen, being the most abundant element on the earth’s crust or on the ground, makes up 65 percent of the human body, and carbon, also abundant on the top soil of the ground, is 18 percent, and hydrogen is 10 percent. The 59 elements found in the human body are all found on the earths crust. This is amazing because what the Bible says perfectly match the scientific composition of a human body.

esoriano.wordpress.com...

The ignorance of these ‘imaginary people’ in what the Bible says betrays their alleged intelligence and knowledge in science. Of course, the human body is not made up only of dust, but God mixed the dust to water to produce clay.

(Job 10:9) “Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?”

(Romans 9:20-21) “Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?”

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So because writing as you'd accept it wasn't invented yet, it means that man must not have existed prior to that invention? And you've already decided that all of the evidence we have that clearly shows there were cultures prior to that invention is invalid because it doesn't fit with your literalist interpretation of the Bible?

And your source for the elemental analysis is correct about which elements are found in the human body, but did you happen to notice that they're present in completely different amounts than those found in the Earth's crust? Silicon, for example, comprises about 25% of the Earth's crust but only 0.002% of the human body. But I'm sure you'll chime in with how the composition of the crust was different back then... 6000 years ago... when God created the Earth. Did you take note that stars contain the same elements? Probably not, because you only seem to be able to cut and paste from creationist propaganda sites to generate your posts.

If nothing else, you're good for a laugh.
edit on 31/3/2011 by iterationzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Those new earth creationists are a funny bunch

Who cares about radiometric dating that shows what complete and utter nonsense a 6k old world is, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

"Fred Hoyle (British astrophysicist): "A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."

George Ellis (British astrophysicist): "Amazing fine tuning occurs in the laws that make this [complexity] possible. Realization of the complexity of what is accomplished makes it very difficult not to use the word 'miraculous' without taking a stand as to the ontological status of the word."

Paul Davies (British astrophysicist): "There is for me powerful evidence that there is something going on behind it all....It seems as though somebody has fine-tuned nature’s numbers to make the Universe....The impression of design is overwhelming".

Paul Davies: "The laws [of physics] ... seem to be the product of exceedingly ingenious design... The universe must have a purpose".

Alan Sandage (winner of the Crawford prize in astronomy): "I find it quite improbable that such order came out of chaos. There has to be some organizing principle. God to me is a mystery but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something instead of nothing."

John O'Keefe (astronomer at NASA): "We are, by astronomical standards, a pampered, cosseted, cherished group of creatures.. .. If the Universe had not been made with the most exacting precision we could never have come into existence. It is my view that these circumstances indicate the universe was created for man to live in."

George Greenstein (astronomer): "As we survey all the evidence, the thought insistently arises that some supernatural agency - or, rather, Agency - must be involved. Is it possible that suddenly, without intending to, we have stumbled upon scientific proof of the existence of a Supreme Being? Was it God who stepped in and so providentially crafted the cosmos for our benefit?"

Arthur Eddington (astrophysicist): "The idea of a universal mind or Logos would be, I think, a fairly plausible inference from the present state of scientific theory."

Arno Penzias (Nobel prize in physics): "Astronomy leads us to a unique event, a universe which was created out of nothing, one with the very delicate balance needed to provide exactly the conditions required to permit life, and one which has an underlying (one might say 'supernatural') plan."

I believe that God wants us to be honest people who love truth. One way, among myriads, that we learn truth is from the creation.

The heavens declare the glory of God. The sky displays what his hands have made. One day tells a story to the next; one night shares knowledge with the next. Without talking, without words, without their voices being heard, yet their sound has gone out into the entire world. Their message to the ends of the earth. (Ps. 19:1-4

God Caused Order

Ordered systems or structures do not happen spontaenously. We never observe orderliness occurring by accident, without an intelligent cause to direct the order. No amount of power or energy is enough to bring order out of chaos. Try shooting a wristwatch with a bullet; the watch's order does not increase! (The only order in a watch is that which the watchmaker intelligently puts into it at the beginning.)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Why would there be selection pressure against an ordered simulation of the world?

The "things are pretty" argument is weak, regardless of what scientist has invoked such drivel in the past.

edit on 31-3-2011 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join