It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We quickly forget! .We forgot about Haiti, Chili, NZ, Thailand, Australia...and Japan. Now Libya.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
How do you figure people have forgotten? They're not the ones in control and are overworked mice on treadmills trying to feed families and even one day missed can be the end of their healthcare while their child is critically ill, and they would be homeless.

What have people forgotten? The majority are not behind this war!!!! They've even done polls!!!

Why do you assume people have and judge them when we're all in the same boat.

Even in my home town, with this older church going population, in the checkout lineups, there are many people who are very aware of the fascist state of the western world and the horrible things going on and they don't believe the leaders. And these are supposed to be the sheeple.

How are people unaware? They are not able to topple the system and people cannot sully their hands with blood. We can't become them and have an all out revolution its not the right thing to do. When devils run over good people all the time and set it up so they would have to become devils and even then they couldn't get rid of them, so great is their web and technology, its not worth it.

Pray and hold light.

Do what you can to yearn for equality and a fair world.

Write in and fire them, or do it in you head by the intent of your heart.

And help others whenever you can, try to find the way to turn our weaknesses into strengths. But I won't become them to try and get rid of these bullies in the playground.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
As far as not forgotten goes, I still light candles for Rwanda, and the Kurdish people whose children all died from the Gulf War exodus in the 90's when the world followed their plight on the news, but no one took them in.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

My church didn't forget. It still has teams of volunteers working in all those places.

The problem is: the scope of attention of one being is limited. How can you expect one individual to love and care for a whole planet all at the same time? That would be a very rare being! And so we have organizations that care on a big scale as a group, but divide the work down into pieces that are manageable for most individuals. And that is how we remember about and care for a whole planet.

These groups, by the way, could always use more volunteers and donations. The Red Cross is probably the biggest non-church organization that works in this field. They care mainly for bodies and body health. But they have learned some good spiritual technologies from groups like the Volunteer Ministers that help them in their medical work.

My church's group (the Volunteer Ministers) and many others work more in the field of community organization and rebuilding. We can help them with literacy problems, basics of organizing, addiction and crime problems, and also emotional challenges.

The work of these groups does not get reported on sites like this. It doesn't get reported much of anywhere. It isn't "newsworthy" because it does not promote fear and hatred. It promotes confidence and trust. So you have to go to each group's own web site to check in on them, or subscribe to their news feeds.

This background work that is very seldom reported on and that most people are only dimly aware of is very important to keep this planet going. You could say the same thing about the work that most people do every day. They feed us, cloth us, keep us warm, keep us healthy and safe. And their day to day work goes unnoticed for the most part. But it is really the most important work being done.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I certainly support all of the volunteer and church efforts for all of these events. I contribute in both ways myself.

Point being, today out of about 1 hundred or so headlines across the Internet news for today...the Japan disaster and tsunami are only slightly mentioned...about 20% on ABC, CNN, NBC, REUTERS, FOX, BBC and a host of others...and thats my only point. Yesterday we were all gonna die if we didnt run out and start taking Iodine pills for the massive radiation coming. Today, Charlie Sheen is selling out concerts everywhere. Thats the news today.

And the fact that churches are still helping Rwanda is a point well taken in that youve chosen your efforts to be directed to one older event still happening, and thats a blessing. But since Rwanda...there have been so many, many, others we talked about and talked about...until the very next week....and then? American Idol was back on, or Justin Beiber was mobbed in London!!

This is not my opinion, just observations. And as a 1st Emergency Responder and Christian myself...I certainly care and worry about all. Examples today alone though show little mention of top stories across the Internet about Japan, nothing about Chile or the Thailand Tsunami, or New Zealands earthquake a few weeks ago (certainly not one mention in the standard outlets above about Rwanda).

Things have just moved on. A blessing for all of you and your churches for all your efforts. God will reward you and them. Thanks
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: deletion

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: more

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
A example here needs to be mentioned about Katrina and all the devastation down South.

2 women were sitting in a brand new Ford Pickup F-150 and were waiting in a long line at a gas station.

A reporter asked them if they were waiting for gas and water or whatever, and they replied "Oh, we got water already from the Guard. And we already have a full tank of gas!".

Then the reporter asked what then it was they were in line for. They replied "Ice." The reported looked at them incredulously and asked "Your'e waitng for ICE?!"

And the women replied "Yeah! You dont expect us to drink water WARM do you!!???)

And that my friends, displays the callousness of a large portion of todays society.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This is my first post....HI EVERYONE! I just had to respond back on this one because I'm glad someone else has taken notice besides me. I have been following the Japan disaster from day one and the news is just no longer covering it and people in general just don't seem to care anymore. I lived in Japan as a child in Tokyo and came to love the people there ( as well as the philippines, we evacuated from Clark Air Base actually...). This breaks my heart that not only has the media turned their backs but that also the younger generation coming up seems to be quite sociopathic in nature. I may only be 28 but I still weep when I see the video's on youtube. Its rather disturbing how those younger than me and I'm 28 view the world. Thanks to all of you for keeping the rest of us informed. I have been a lurker here for years but never felt the need to get involved until now.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
A example here needs to be mentioned about Katrina and all the devastation down South.

2 women were sitting in a brand new Ford Pickup F-150 and were waiting in a long line at a gas station.

A reporter asked them if they were waiting for gas and water or whatever, and they replied "Oh, we got water already from the Guard. And we already have a full tank of gas!".

Then the reporter asked what then it was they were in line for. They replied "Ice." The reported looked at them incredulously and asked "Your'e waitng for ICE?!"

And the women replied "Yeah! You dont expect us to drink water WARM do you!!???)

And that my friends, displays the callousness of a large portion of todays society.

Don't worry my friend, disaster is coming to all. Those who refuse to wake up will be kicked out of bed! Eventually all the disasters will overwhelm the systems ability to handle the problems. The system will break down, there will be chaos for a time, then people will wake up to what needs to be done.

When people realise that Money is not the end all be all to life and throw down that system with all the government and laws that support it, then will we rebuild a new world on the ruins of the old.

Don't worry too much about those trapped in their own selfish bubbles. Those bubbles are about to be popped!

Maybe a draft is in order. Hhmmm

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscat606

Welcome and thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

mysterious...I couldn't agree with you more. It's so sad...I remember when the eq first struck Japan, whenever I would check on "recent posts" the first several were all Japan related...and then by day 6-7 (even though the disaster was getting worse and they are still obviously hurting and needing help there) the posts were gradually slipping down towards the bottom...one day there weren't even any on the first page at all. And the MSM was just as bad if not worse.

The Haiti eq was 14 months ago, and I still have a friend going over there helping to rebuild the infrastructure and hospitals...yet you rarely hear anything at all about them in the news anymore even though they are still reeling from the effects more than a year later.

I don't know..maybe because these disasters, wars, economic emergencies are starting to hit so close together we've developed shortened attention spans.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Appreciate the support Michelle. To me, it looks like things...terrible things...will just keep happening day to day...and we wont be able to help with all of them...to the point of SO many...that we cant help any of them..then we immediately will forget about them.

Last week it was "Oh my God! Radiation's Coming!"...last year..."Those poor Haitians! (and they STILL are in tents)". Yesterday, one headline from Japan read "Tell the world we have no food!" Sadly, it just doesnt matter to the majority of the world....things have moved on to Libya since last week. And the Chileans, Thai's, Haitians, and even some from Katrina...are still waiting for some assistance that wont be forthcoming.

The sad thing is...with society in general now-a-days? They just dont see that the world in general...is "over-it" with these tragedies. One day-one week and ...POOF! Out of sight, out of mind. NEXT. There are other more important and "happening-today" tragedies. The world just moves on.

Still...Charlie Sheen has made another crazy video. Did you see it?!! OMG! (a terrible joke here on my part to stress the indifference of folks now-a-days)...Im not sure there is anything we can do anymore.

Shake our heads, get another cup of coffee, and flip around our IPHONES. That seems to be the norm....God help us.
Thanks Michelle

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Yep.. Sure is interesting. I made a thread like this about a week after the Haiti earthquake. The collective mind moved on, sadly. People don't care if it doesn't involve money or sex. People are slowing turning into self-centered pieces of jello.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join