It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recomend a good sci fi or sci fi/horror film I haven't seen?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Watch Dark City if you haven't seen it, it's pretty awesome.

Great flick i havent seen it in a while, along with Gattica, or one of my all time fav's THX1138

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Have you seen 2000 space odessy and it's sequel 2010 space odessy, then bladerunner is another good title.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just realized. The perfect movie for you right now is Pitch Black. Horror and SciFi rolled into one tasty nugget. And Vin Diesel is in it to boot. Might be his best role ever. You have to realize that SciFi movies are generally crap. They only ever seem to be not-crap by accident. So what I am offering are all selections from what I consider to be the best of the non-accidental sci fi b-movies. Definitely Pitch Black if you have not seen it.

Yeah, there you go. What the poster above said. If you haven't seen Gattica see it now it is one of the happiest sci fi accidents ever. Then watch Pitch Black.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by clintdelicious

Some oldies I like are Forbidden Planet, Silent Running, Black Hole, and Logan's Run.

Some new ones are Children Of Men, The Postman (I liked it), Mutant Chronicles, and Equilibrium.

Aw yeah: Forbidden Planet and Silent Running! Total favorites here too. I liked Postman and Waterworld; why do the critics hate Kevin Costner?

OP: if you like thrillers I'd suggest Enemy Of The State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Pandorum.. its fairly new, 08 or 09. it was in the theaters but not for very long because it didnt make alot of money there. but was really really good. had a good twist to it at the end as well. one of my fav. sci-fi movies

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Pitch Black is spooky as hell - loved it.

EDIT: I suggest Dune, not the movie but the miniseries.
edit on 21-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

The matte paintings for Forbidden Planet look fantastic ... especially for 1959.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

The thing that scared the sh*t out of me as a kid was that beast raging against the laser fence!

edit on 21-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yeah, that was pretty cool. It goes to show a good story and plot can outdo billion dollar special effects any day of the week,

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm going to suggest Serenity, a film by Joss Whedon based on the TV show Firefly. I hadn't seen the TV show (which is sadly only one short season) before I saw the movie and it became one of my favorites, although it's much more enjoyable after having seen all the episodes. It is a very unique space sci-fi/western.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

cube, cube 2

not cube 3 worst movie ever.
Pi, the math sign 3.14...... the same writer/ director i think from requim for a dream

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Trying to think of a couple of less known gems:
The Island - This one was a surprise, but more sci-fi than horror.

The Box - I would have never cared for this because I'm not a fan of Diaz, but someone recommended this one and I was glad I watched it. It is refreshingly unique, trippy and has a touch of horror. It is from the director of DONNIE DARKO, which, by the way is another one I would recommend if ya have not seen it.

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Third vote for Event Horizon.

Also The Thing - John Carpenter's version - watched on cable two nights ago - another great sci-fi line when the head grows legs and begins to crawl away ("You gotta be %*$##@ kidding me!")

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I've never watched that movie, ill have to check it out.

The Thing was a great movie. The game wasnt bad either.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Joss Whedon has done some seriously good shows.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I go here to watch my movies...

it is an awesome site..

here
edit on 22-3-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

i have watched the stephen king version of kingdom hospital and the only thing i didn't like about it was the fact it didn't continue... it was a masterpiece in mind bending and thought provocation...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

yes, floyd fits perfectly within any situation... ANY... and i read a little bit on the background of the movie, and i found it wonderful and amazing the amount of studies with real scientists and physicists they did, although the movie is non-fiction, i always think it's powerful when the writers and directors collaborate with people that actually study the theories and ideas behind the ideas of the movies, it makes them so much more believable and realistic

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I really like watching these kinds docs, watched moon rising the other day for the first time n it had some interesting points, got any you can name?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I like some of the old school John Carpenter flicks...

Prince of Darkness - great movie, scientists find this cylinder which basically seems to house the essence of Satan, and it's just a great mind-trippy movie.

The Fog - not the recent remake, but the old one, is much creepier (and just plain better). I enjoyed the new one, but the old one does a much better job in the horror department.

Then there are the silly, but entertaining movies.....

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen - weird Terry Gilliam, but an enjoyable movie

Flash Gordon - sure it's cheesy, but still oh so enjoyable.

Ice Pirates - one of those movies that is so bad, it's good.

The Last Starfighter - true 80's classic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join