It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Way to Attack Pathogens: RNA Recycling System Gone Awry Brings MRSA to a Halt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Scientists have discovered a new way to attack dangerous pathogens, marking a hopeful next step in the ever-escalating battle between man and microbe.

It may just be that we have found a way to destroy one of the most dangerous pathogens humans are faced with at this moment in time. By inhibiting bacteria from breaking down RNA, it appears that they have caused MRSA to stop growing in both laboratory tests and in mice

"This offers a whole new way to go on the offensive against some of the world's most dangerous bugs," said the leader of the group, Paul Dunman, Ph.D., associate professor of Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Rochester Medical Center and formerly of the University of Nebraska. "We're hoping our research opens the door to an entirely new class of antibiotics."

New Way to Attack Pathogens: RNA Recycling System Gone Awry Brings MRSA to a Halt

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Home made Colloidal silver and a tspoon of baking soda (in warm water) daily, for approx 2-3 weeks, will kill MRSA. Silver early in the day and the baking soda at night. No need to wait for an approved cure that will surely be expensive, if it even works. Sometimes the cures are worse than the diseases. I personally have witnessed super staph be wiped out by the above mentioned combo.
edit on 21-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Oh right, I've never heard of that method. I'll look into it

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Oh, THIS will be quashed! Cured people are not buyers of pharmaceuticals. Cured people don't go to doctors.

The fact that colloidal silver is nigh impossible to buy ready-made (and that they seriously suggested making turmeric - shown to reduce tumors and used as a spice throughout our present history - ILLEGAL!) is a clue that cures are highly discouraged.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Oh, THIS will be quashed! Cured people are not buyers of pharmaceuticals. Cured people don't go to doctors.

The fact that colloidal silver is nigh impossible to buy ready-made (and that they seriously suggested making turmeric - shown to reduce tumors and used as a spice throughout our present history - ILLEGAL!) is a clue that cures are highly discouraged.

They suggested making Turmeric illegal??? I've never heard of this, I have used that stuff for years to help my complexion, and they've used it in India for at least 1000 years. It does not kill STAPH infections by itself though, it does keep it at bay but isn't strong enough to destroy infections by itself.

If you want to attain the best colloidal silver, then buy the silver yourself online and make it at home. I used .9999 silver wires from an online store, CCSilver I think it's called. 2 silver wires with a thick gauge, 3 9Volt batteries, some speaker wire and 2 alligator clips and you''er all set to make it at home. There are schematics of how to build this device online just Google it.

And don't be afraid of colloidal silver because of the blue Santa Clause story going around online, that guy did 10+ glasses a day of it and used it topically, way too much I think. You use it like any antibiotic and take it for 2-3 weeks, even taking it after symptoms have cleared up just to make sure it's gone.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yes, I read a while back of efforts to make it illegal when it first surfaced as a cancer-fighter. I looked for that in a search, but it was a while ago, and unless it's buried on page 987,213 or something of the over a million search results, I can't find it now.

I have used colloidal silver in the past. Thanks for the info on making Oneself.
edit on 3/22/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

That's incredible.

Very interesting..
MRSA is being well combatted now.. my father is a microbiologist and he told me about a test they have now that can be performed within a couple hours.. Basically the way he described itwas that they take a swab of anyone being admitted, and the machine checks for a certain sequence of genetics. Any positive results are quarantined and treated.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I am sure in all your wisdom.
You may have considered that.
Dead people are bad for life insurers.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I am sure in all your wisdom.
You may have considered that.
Dead people are bad for life insurers.

I'm sure in all your wisdom you have considered that dead people don't matter - there are PLENTY more where they came from, and that lingering illness (whenever death eventually occurs) reaps HUGE profits, mostly for the pharmaceutical companies, but also for both doctors and hospitals. The insurance companies would probably LOVE for cures to be offered but they are fully trumped by the enormously powerful pharmaceutical companies (and premiums are still collected from the living...).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Yeah, I think I saw that thing. Is this it?

Standalone Lab On A Chip

Oh wait, I've just reread it. It doesn't exist yet, but might do soon

A major milestone in microfluidics could soon lead to stand-alone, self-powered chips that can diagnose diseases within minutes. The device, developed by an international team of researchers from the University of California, Berkeley, Dublin City University in Ireland and Universidad de Valparaíso Chile, is able to process whole blood samples without the use of external tubing and extra components.

edit on 23/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I'm sure in all your wisdom you have considered that dead people don't matter - there are PLENTY more where they came from, and that lingering illness (whenever death eventually occurs) reaps HUGE profits, mostly for the pharmaceutical companies, but also for both doctors and hospitals. The insurance companies would probably LOVE for cures to be offered but they are fully trumped by the enormously powerful pharmaceutical companies (and premiums are still collected from the living...)

Those powerful drug companies. Ohh you must mean the ones that are going bust?

Pfizer to Cut Research, Shut Plants in Savings Effort

Or the drug company Hollis-Eden, who for the past 15 years have spent $100 million trying to develop drugs to help treat radiation sickness. Their profit over these 15 years? Zero.

You people think that drug companies throw together ingredients into a drug that cost a few quid and then charge you £100s for it. You fail to realise that drugs actually cost millions and many years to develop. Over the space of 15 years, on average 1 out of 5,000 chemicals will make it though to the final stages of development, costing upwards of £10 million. That's before they go through animal testing; human testing; approval by the MHRA/FDA; marketing.

Most of the 1/5000 drugs never make it past the testing stages. Even if they do, it's still no guarantee that they profit off of them.
edit on 23/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

More like: GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co, Novartis...

And some eye-opening info about NET profit:

en.wikipedia.org...
biz.yahoo.com...
www.actupny.org...
www.forbes.com...
biopharmainvestor.blogspot.com...

Oh... I could go on here, but I think my point is made.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Not sure exactly what it's called..

I've seen machines like them in lab tours, they can be quite big.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Forgive me.

For objecting to your paranoia,

Never argue with dellusion, I should know better.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Don't forget that most profit in drugs is gone after a couple of years after they release it to the maket.

At least in the U.S. Where the copyright on the drugs will expire and then another company can pick up another's formula and begin to produce it at a much cheaper price..

I don't love pharmaceuticals.. I realize they are very corrupt organizations.

I also know that if they didn't profit off of the treatments they develop we wouldn't have a lot of drugs today that to save and change lives.

Whether people like it or not.. money talks.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Forgive me.

For objecting to your paranoia,

Never argue with dellusion, I should know better.

Never argue with those who type like Captain Kirk speaks... Right back attcha.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I hadn't thought of it. This way, before.

Perhaps I am, much cooler. Than. I. originally thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Those were last years figures

Drug companies and scientists ire over budget cuts

The US House of Representatives last month approved a $1.6bn cut to the National Institutes of Health’s current budget, a 5.2 per cent cut from 2010 and one that brings its funding back to 2008 levels.

The art of turning ideas into profit

In February, Pfizer announced plans to cut $3bn from its $9bn research budget, while last year GlaxoSmithKline reduced the proportion of sales it invests in R&D for prescription medicines.

A lot of the drugs companies are making big cuts

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Well everyone is tightening their belt. All the more reason for them to want sick people to buy the drugs they push.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

So I suppose.

With all your objections that the next time you get sick and need a medical treatment, you will refuse the treatment for moral objections for the current state of Pharmaceutical companies.

I had a teacher who refused to have health insurance because of her beliefs. Even though the school offered her a nice and affordable plan. Which would be great.. Except she knows she has a heart condition that at some point could, and probably will spiral out of control. Yet she believes she is doing everyone a favor by waiting ntil her condition flares up and she can no longer afford to treat it and will either die or force the hospitals to take the cost of her treatment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join