It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco rage: Man upset at burrito price rise fires shots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You guys are gonna love this story

SAN ANTONIO (Reuters) – A Taco Bell drive-through customer who became enraged because of a price increase on Beefy Crunch Burritos fired a BB gun through the window at a manager on Sunday, police said.

No one was hurt from the shots fired by the man, who also waved a pistol and an assault rifle in the parking lot, Police Sergeant Chris Benavides said.

Full Story Here
Obviously they called the cops... they get there and this man brandishes a riffle... pops off a few rounds at the officers then barricaded himself inside a nearby motel room, sparking a standoff that lasted until police lobbed tear gas inside and the man surrendered.

Remember all of this was all about the high price of a "Burrito
edit on 21-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: to add link

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That guy is flat lucky that he didn't get shot with a real gun pulling a stunt like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That is a shame.He needs help.I wonder if he realized that they have a good special on the cheesy rice and bean burritos and a coke.Exceptionally good if you put some hot sauce on them...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

He's "Mad as hell and just can't take it anymore!"

To use an old movie reference.

Lots more to come I believe.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OMG
how dare they raise the price of a burrito !!!!
everybody call your congressman in Mexico
and complain !!!! Oh, I'm sorry, that's just
where the Democrats are. Nevermind

edit on 3/21/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
He is very lucky they didnt release the taco bell chihuaua on him.That little dog would have ripped him apart.

link   
Well, us Texans can be pretty sensitive when it comes to our burritos being tampered with.

Seriously, though. Customer rampaging is becoming way too common. My heart goes out to people who break down due to serious circumstances but these people who completely meltdown over such minor incidents like fast food inconveniences really upset me.

It makes me feel sorry for people who hold such jobs and have to put up with it all day long.

link   
A fine example of the cumulative outcomes of Sodium Fluoride with an Aspartame cola chaser. This stuff is just the tip of the iceberg, the human being to manimal devolution is underway.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Seriously a burrito, from a place that got busted for the amount of real beef they use.
Someone should of told that guy about the .49 cent burritos at Del Taco.
edit on 21-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You all do realize we have a new slogan thanks to this

from now on instead of going postal we go on a

Taco Rage

link   

Damn, I wonder what would happen if he were to "wake-up."

link   
Cheap food is the only thing keeping americans at bay. They eat so much they cant move. Once prices start to rise, like they are doing, you might see alot more of this kind of stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thats just another danger from eating red meat.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

it ain't red after it's been cooked
2nd

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

But this is Taco Bell we're talking about...
Mystery meat yeah... but regular ole red meat???
Most likely not

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This world is just chip, chip, chipping away at our sanity isn't it? It's like my man Bukowski said, it's not the big crises that will drive a man over the edge, it's the little things like a shoelace breaking when you don't have the time to fix it.

Take a moment to imagine: You're hungry. You're broke. Payday is three days away. You spend 20 minutes of your lunch scrounging in your car and coat pockets until you get $1.25 together. It's not much, but it's something. Hey! Taco Bell has a big, filling, passable tasting burrito that you can get! There's a faint ray of light at the end of the horrific tunnel of this crappy day in the midst of an increasinly desperate life. As you make your way to the Taco Bell, this stupid little burrito takes on an almost mythical place in your mind. It's going to be so big hot and filling that maybe just maybe you can get through the rest of the day with only one bowl of generic cornflakes for dinner instead of your usual two! Your in a place where a freaking Taco Bell pseudo-food can be the highlight of your Gods-forsaken day, but you're OK with that because for the first time in days you don't feel completely broke. And when you get there, you find out it is now $1.50. No burrito for you. People have cracked over less.

There but for fortune, may go you or I.
edit on 21-3-2011 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

But this is Taco Bell we're talking about...
Mystery meat yeah... but regular ole red meat???
Most likely not
That is true,the chicken is very suspect also.I can say i have never seen or tasted any chicken that remotely looks,tastes or has the texture of taco bell chicken.It must be composite chicken like composite decking and flooring,mixed with plastic and fluffed out to have the texture of a fluffy cheetos to have more volume.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have to wonder just what is wrong enough with a person that they throw their life away over something so trivial as a few cents, maybe a dollar or two. Perhaps this guy had some sort of mental or psychological illness? If not, this story is a scary reflection of society.
Totally ridiculous.
If you're gonna shoot guns off, find a better reason than a burrito.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
50 cents is kinda steep
least they could have done was extend the promotion

top topics

join