It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are lead tablets discovered in a remote cave in Jordan the secret writings about the last years of J

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Please I appreciate your view point, but let's not make this about what you dislike about Christians, I prefer to keep it about the evidence which I haven't been able to find anymore information on, if you would like to help I would be grateful.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Very interesting! S&F for the find. I hope in studying these that they will keep the public updated and learn what is written on them completely.

Thank you, that is what this thread is about, I am hoping to hear more about the tablets, and less about religion.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1

ey demon boy stop quoting old testament, to debunk new testament and Jesus., if you new the story of Jesus you would know he does not teach us that. He gave us new rules, easier ones. Now go away you trouble making little spirit.

Actually I was referring to the new testament,

First Corinthians 7:20-21 Let each of you remain in the condition in which you were called. Were you a slave when called? Do not be concerned about it

Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as you obey Christ; not only while being watched, and in order to please them, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. Render service with enthusiasm, as to the Lord and not to men and women, knowing that whatever good we do, we will receive the same again from the Lord, whether we are slaves or free
Colossians 3:22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything, not only while being watched and in order to please them, but wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord (NRSV) Titus 2:9-10 Tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to talk back, not to pilfer, but to show complete and perfect fidelity, so that in everything they may be an ornament to the doctrine of God our savior

I am quite aware of the jesus story my friend like most other people I can read you know, and according to the reading material, Yahwhe going under his alias jesus was unambiguous about his own laws -

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." Luke 16:17

And thanks to this attitude toward enslaving human beings as personal "chattel" the very christian US became one of the most powerful nations on earth and certainly has much to thank the imaginary man in the sky for

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Jesus Christ is the most documented man in history.

That was until Charlie Sheen.

Seriously, great thread though.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Please I appreciate your view point, but let's not make this about what you dislike about Christians, I prefer to keep it about the evidence which I haven't been able to find anymore information on, if you would like to help I would be grateful.

Well there doesn't appear to be any evidence does there, even if this woman came up with an inscription saying jesus you still have all your work ahead of you to prove it is the same jesus that appears in the gospels..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Devil, I also like how you take things out of context, the verses before and after, make you know they are talking about TPTB not God making slaves.

Its Yahweh too, but you would know this since you read the book and all hey!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
Stumbled upon this informative site discussing lead tablets discovered that have been dubbed "curse tablets" from the Roman Empire Age. It doesn't specifically address Jesus, but there's a lot of interesting other relevant info.
Curse Tablets

i starred your infomation link...
your supposition is more likely than a early Chrisstian cult adopting the lead curse ritual and
writing in 'code'

....lets call the symbols Runes...since the already known lead artifacts were curses
invoking the Pagan Pantheon of God & Goddesses.

Lead being a baser metal... surely would not be used to record praises for a hallowed & pious
person according to the early Christian cult... a more likely medium to inscribe for posterity
would be something like brass
perhaps even a copper scroll as was done concerning the
Essene WarScroll between the Sons of Light Vs. Sons of Darkness

too bad only one star can be awarded per
edit on 22-3-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Lead being a baser metal... surely would not be used to record praises for a hallowed & pious
person according to the early Christian cult... a more likely medium to inscribe for poasterity
would be something like brass perhaps even a copper scroll

Udio,

lead is highly pliable compared to copper and moreso compared to brass that can be pretty stiff. If you want to make an inscription on a metal surface, the choice if obvious, unless you have a lot of resources. And lead is pretty corrosion-resistant, likely more than copper.

It's really easy to make sheets of lead.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Jesus Christ is the most documented man in history.

That was until Charlie Sheen.

I'm thinking that probably Hitler was the most "documented." He was always having whatever he said written down, always being recorded. There has been a lot of writing about Jesus, but most of it is interpretation and commentary on the very fragmented stories in the Gospels. People trying to make sense out of what little was written, kind of like people trying to see aliens in blurry UFO photos.

After all, I'm not sure how anyone can call Jesus the most documented when absolutely nothing is known about the majority of his life from age 12 until he was 30 or so. That's a pretty long period of time. Fill in that huge gap and then get back to me about "most documented."

edit on 22-3-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
very interesting find but....

Much of the writing is in code, but experts have deciphered images, symbols and a few words and the texts could be 2,000 years old Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

If these turn out to have a genuine date of c20-40AD I'm willing to bet anything that they will be Gnostic Texts.

I'm also very happy to bet that if they are anything other than Gnostic texts then they will turn out to be hoaxes or forgeries.

Everything written pertaining to Jesus as a real historical figure is dated 100's of years past his supposed lifetime and every thing dated to close to his supposed life time is always without fail Gnostic writings or forgeries.
edit on 22/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Could lead codices prove ‘the major discovery of Christian history’?

news.yahoo.com...

The codices turned up five years ago in a remote cave in eastern Jordan—a region where early Christian believers may have fled after the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in 70 CE. The codices are made up of wirebound individual pages, each roughly the size of a credit card. They contain a number of images and textual allusions to the Messiah, as well as some possible references to the crucifixion and resurrection. Some of the codices were sealed, prompting yet more breathless speculation that they could include the sealed book, shown only to the Messiah, mentioned in the Book of Revelation. One of the few sentences translated thus far from the texts, according to the BBC, reads,

"I shall walk uprightly"--a phrase that also appears in Revelation. "While it could be simply a sentiment common in Judaism," BBC writer Robert Pigott notes, "it could here be designed to refer to the resurrection."

Initial metallurgical research indicates that the codices are about 2,000 years old--based on the manner of corrosion they have undergone, which, as Macrae writes, "experts believe would be impossible to achieve artificially."

Meanwhile, biblical scholars who have examined the codices point to significant textual evidence suggesting their early Christian origin. Philip Davies, emeritus professor of Old Testament Studies at Sheffield University, told Pigott he was "dumbstruck" at the sight of plates representing a picture map of ancient Jerusalem. "There is a cross in the foreground, and behind it is what has to be the tomb [of Jesus], a small building with an opening, and behind that the walls of the city," Davies explained. "There are walls depicted on other pages of these books, too, and they almost certainly refer to Jerusalem."

David Elkington, an ancient religion scholar who heads the British research team investigating the find, has likewise pronounced this nothing less than "the major discovery of Christian history." Elkington told the Daily Mail that "it is a breathtaking thought that we have held these objects that might have been held by the early saints of the Church."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0ec2f5dffbf.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffbaf5f0bfb0.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 063131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13199cf2468d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d29877cdbcdf.jpg[/atsimg]

But only further research and full translation of the codices can fully confirm the nature of the find. The larger lesson here is likely that of Eccliastes 3:1—be patient, since "to everything there is a season."

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by Slipdig1

I doesn't matter if he was here, what he taught us is as easy and logical as it could get.

What, like the enslavement of another human being as ones' own personal property is quite acceptable ?

Dude, lend me your ears and wrap your mind around this, the bronze age jesus/yahwhe death cult called Christianity is a somewhat repugnant affront to human intelligence and intellectually vulgar.

Fortunately xtianity appears to be imploding in a big way primarily due to sheer lack of evidence and the continuing expansion of critical thinking amongst young er people.

The scary man that lives in the sky is no longer scary to anyone with half a cell of intelligence and the xtian scam of brainwashing the ignorant,desperate and poor is being blown wide open.

To be perfectly honest I am of the opinion that one must be a real dumb assed christian to hang out at ATS or have an agenda to use this site to try and convince others of your nonsense.

i once thought as you did. as i got older and wiser i realized that surely there was more to life than random chance. i decided life was too complex to be pure luck. i made the leap of faith that there is a god and he had a son named jesus.

5 yrs ago i was in a terrible construction accident. i was clinically dead for 2 minutes on the operating table. i saw myself on the table as i floated up through the ceiling. i was swallowed up in a blinding light from heaven. i saw jesus and my family. there are no words to describe the love i felt from jesus.

he walked the earth and he died so humans could be forgiven for our sins. this i have no doubt of. he only asks one thing of us, to believe in him and accept him into our hearts. its that simple.

we have free will to choose and i choose heaven. it exists, its real, and its beyond words. its all i think of when i go to sleep.

you cant say you werent told when your time comes my friend. and yes hell exists as well for those who refuse to believe

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You can see it better at the link
brunobuike.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Very clear images

news.bbc.co.uk...

the picture of the fruited palm symbol to the heir of the house of David.

Eight pointed star indicating the messiah

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

These are tough to read. Many are in very, very poor condition. nonetheless, they are exquisite and likely will yield good results under examination.

RE: this picture:

news.bbc.co.uk...

I don't agree with the analysis entirely. If it is from AD, then it could possibly be an indicator of Christ. Or possibly a gnostic text.

However, that is not the only interpretation. The "palm tree", to me, represents man. 6 on each side (ribs) with the central spine equaling 7. This is a symbol for a divine person, to be sure.

The two stars at its feet represent the number 2, which is the duad. The "godhead" of masculinity and femininity. As it has been said, if there is 1, you must then have 2. 1 cannot exist without other (as validation of existance). This may sound familiar to you, as it is the basis for a large, large portion of the rantings of Orion Von Koch from all those years back, at you know where (i miss him, to be honest. i liked how cranky and crotchety he was....but the more i study esoteric knowledge, the more i realize that he knew what he was talking about from the big picture all the way down).

The fact that it is at his feet could mean that they take a place that is separate from him, beneath him. Whoever this man is, he is worthy of the adulation of the Godhead. Notice, the "Godhead" is not the "God" of monotheism cum Christianity. It is the esoteric duad representing, in essence, the expression of divinity in the essence of the dual nature of the human being. On the whole, we are male/female. Yet, individually we are still the same.

Were this "Jesus" i would expect another star somehow connection to the "palm", indicating the "triad" (which is the basis of the esoteric meaning of the "trinity", with the holy ghost being the feminine aspect of the Godhead, and father and son being obvious).

Around the border of the picture are a bunch of dots (likely "stars"). I cannot count them accurately because of the condition of the object. But I would guess there are 72 total. This would make sense, and indicate the divinity of the scene.

It is possible that they are representing Jesus here. I would not expect to see the stars representing "the holy ghost" part of the triad. However, it is not something that would be unthinkable from what I have seen.

I will say that it can be fairly well interpreted as a masonic text, or a kabbalistic text, or a rosicrucian text, or any other text by an initiate in esoteric knowledge (which, i believe, seems to be centered on Babylonia).

My $0.02.

ETA $0.02 more....

The concept of the trinity did not really come around for quite some time. I think an accurate dating would tell us exactly who it is talking about. If not in flesh, at least in concept (the Jews believed a Messiah would come, too, and Krishna was a 'son of God").
edit on 30-3-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
www.scribd.com...

Not unusual, there were curse tablets inscribed on lead in Corinth

katadesmoi
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dee1e85222b4.jpg[/atsimg]

and here is another leaf from the codices

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0611d6bd617c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Fascinating take on the subject Tex, kinda gave me chills,

Did you get to listen to the women whose interview I posted, she too had interesting views on the subject, well worth your time because I think she just might agree with you.

edit on 113131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/779f09e88bb1.jpg[/atsimg]

Discovery: The impression on this booklet cover shows what could be the earliest image of Christ

The tiny booklet, a little smaller than a modern credit card, is sealed on all sides and has a three-dimensional representation of a human head on both the front and the back. One appears to have a beard and the other is without. Even the maker’s fingerprint can be seen in the lead impression. Beneath both figures is a line of as-yet undeciphered text in an ancient Hebrew script.

Astonishingly, one of the booklets appears to bear the words ‘Saviour of Israel’ – one of the few phrases so far translated.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

According to sources in Saham, they were discovered five years ago after a flash flood scoured away the dusty mountain soil to reveal what looked like a large capstone. When this was levered aside, a cave was discovered with a large number of small niches set into the walls. Each of these niches contained a booklet. There were also other objects, including some metal plates and rolled lead scrolls.

The area is renowned as an age-old refuge for ancient Jews fleeing the bloody aftermath of a series of revolts against the Roman empire in the First and early Second Century AD.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47d1a560353f.jpg[/atsimg]

This booklet shows what scholars believe to be the map of Christian Jerusalem

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93d516dc6b82.jpg[/atsimg]

Hassan Saida with some of the artefacts that he says he inherited

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92ea07afe1ef.jpg[/atsimg]

The cave in Jordan where the metal books were discovered

The debate over whether these booklets are genuine and, if so, whether they represent the first known artefacts of the early Christian church or the first stirrings of mystical Kabbalah will undoubtedly rage for years to come.

The director of Jordan’s Department of Antiquities, Ziad al-Saad, has few doubts. He believes they may indeed have been made by followers of Jesus in the few decades immediately following his crucifixion.

edit on 123030p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join