It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Censorship of Wikipedia: Magnetic Reconnection

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Yes, when gas is electrified, it becomes plasma. Just as, when solid matter is heated, it becomes liquid. When you add energy to matter in sufficient quantities, it changes state. This does not mean that solids are liquids. It does not mean that gases are plasmas.

Are three links to abstracts of theoretical papers in applied mathematics (MHD, in fact), modelling the behaviour of an idealized electrified gas (very different from true, real-life plasmas) and a dumbed-down 'science' page from a welding equipment web site the best you can do to prove your contention? What did you do, Google 'electrified gas' and paste in the first four links that seemed likely?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
HOWEVER - EVEN IF THE MINORITY VIEWPOINT RULE IS INVOKED LEGITIMATELY- IT IS STILL SCIENTIFIC SUPPRESSION!!!!!

The outright barring of dissenting science from Wikipedia that has been vetted by the major physics publications should not be allowed - no matter how few scientists disagree on a subject.

I am not attempting to alter or change any of the existing article on magnetic reconnection. I am simply adding more information to the topic.

Adding MORE legitimate information to a topic should never be censored.

Preventing people from learning about published peer reviewed science is ridiculous.

edit on 21-3-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

Wikipedia is not where plasma physics is debated. That happens in plasma physics conferences and journals.

It is appropriate and inevitable that an encyclopedia reflects typical scientific wisdom of the field.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Came to see this thread around, I'll comment a bit. Two years ago, I was banned from editing Wikipedia and its articles related to the failed Russian Fobos-Grunt. I'm writing it here because of whatever the seven-year editor of space science articles, BatteryIncluded, and his entire Wikipedia community, saying are not real because they invent facts and rewrite history (the same thing that happened to Scott "Russavia" Bibby, whom was claimed to have a long history of harassment and did harass founder Jimbo Wales in a sexual manner). I think they acted unilaterally and make personal attacks.

Whatever mnemeth1 said is true, some of you may recall that "one of the policies of Wikipedia is that blocking is only used to prevent disruptive edits, so once the threat of disruption was removed, the block became unnecessary". I, like many, find this situation offends my sense of natural justice, and is one of the more obnoxious aspects of Wikipedia.

Operation Phobos-Gone was originally planned as a case by activist group Anonymous to redress the injustice of a research corp within the Space Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IKI RAN) being closed following a programming error left a $163 million dollar space probe stuck in low earth orbit. Now that IKI RAN is subject to a reform by the Russian government in accordance to the law passed last September, this was no longer the case. This campaign is now manifesting itself in new attempts to either disrupt Wikipedia or harass the WMF or individual editors involved, particularly BatteryIncluded and aa widespread and elaborate conspiracy.

For more information, read the article on the "Administrator's noticeboard". You might also want to take a look on the articles on Encyclopedia Dramatica.se: BatteryIncluded and Starkiller88.

Is this more or less similar to this?

<< 1  2   >>

join