It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

detoxifying and sleep paralysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am now convinced sleep paralysis is from detoxifying harsh chemicals from the body.

and... YES I also had it as a child, but our bodies where good at detoxifying the crap better that we ate etc..

I started drinking the baking soda and water a few nights ago, and last night had a weird dream with sleep paralysis.

I was dreaming about cutting a honey dew melon, but it was too dark in my room, so I got up to turn on my bathroom light, but the light turned back off, then I went to turn it back on, and it would not turn on..

Then when I looked up by the lightswitch, there was a black hooded robed figure, looking down at the ground... I stabbed at it, but it wouldn't look up at me.

That is when I started the mua mua mua, can't speak/yelll thing, and couldn't wake up...

I went back to my bed and kept trying to wake up and finally did.

There was a good thing here... "death" or the black hooded figure, looked depressed and dissapointed... refused to look at me like it had given up.

I figure that simbolically, it was because I am detoxifying and death was so close to me and had failed, and now refused to look at me, because I was removing the chemicals that were allowing it.

It initially started because I was looking up natural remedies for radiation protection, so I also had been taking epsom salt and baking soda baths.

any thoughts/opinions?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I am now convinced sleep paralysis is from detoxifying harsh chemicals from the body.

Sleep Paralysis:

Sleep Paralysis is a normal, natural bodily function that causes our physical bodies to be paralyzed during sleep. Its purpose is to prevent us from hurting ourselves when we’re dreaming. It’s supposed to happen every time we sleep and it usually sets in long before we start dreaming. When it’s not working properly, we have serious problems like sleepwalking where people get hurt. Normally, we are not conscious when sleep paralysis sets in, so most people don’t even know it exists. However, once in a while, someone becomes conscious during that period, and that’s when it becomes Awareness during Sleep Paralysis, or ASP. To the best of my knowledge, this happens more often upon waking up. Basically, your mind wakes up before your body does. Eventually, your body catches up to your mind and wakes up too.
(Source)

Don't worry, SP is nothing to do with the paranormal. It's a perfectly natural thing.

EDIT TO ADD: Another useful link:

Sleep paralysis appears to be caused by a short termed episode of muscle paralysis. Fortunately, this sleep disorder does not appear to cause harm to a persons health. However, people who suffer from sleep paralysis often report feeling frightened at not being able to move, and experience considerable stress at not knowing when the effects of a sleep paralysis episode will subside, or when a new episode will occur.

Polysomnography, or a sleep recording, indicates that the body demonstrates a lack of skeletal muscle tone during an episode of sleep paralysis. The brain appears to fall into a REM (Rapid Eye Movement) stage sleep more quickly, and sleep tends to take on an overall dissociated nature.
(Source)
edit on 21-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Good working theory I would add my own experience

The circumstances aren't important but you should know that withdrawals can also trigger this, I was in the second week of being 'clean' and started having frequent sleep paralysis episodes, not to mention several other vivid dreams.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis wouldnt mean you could move at all, right? But, you did? And then went BACK to bed? In S.P. you cant move..at all..

Undoubtably it was the bodys way of missing those toxics it was getting rid of...and it was adjusting the chemicals in the brain to compensate..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
baking soda and water?

Serious?

What dosage etc?
How does it work?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

exactly what i was thinking.... i have never heard of this detox before.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Mine only play's up in times of great personal stress and upheaval. Nothing at all to do with detoxing substances personally.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Sleep paralysis wouldnt mean you could move at all, right? But, you did? And then went BACK to bed? In S.P. you cant move..at all..

Undoubtably it was the bodys way of missing those toxics it was getting rid of...and it was adjusting the chemicals in the brain to compensate..

Soory, it was a DREAM about sleep paralysis.. but EXTREMLEY lucid, and i felt the dream gave me the answer..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
baking soda and water?

Serious?

What dosage etc?
How does it work?

One tablespoon in a pint of water, and BELIEVE me, I am already SOOOO much les bloated, sleeping again, depression is running from me.... got my brain back, and only after two days.

Google the epsom salt and baking soda baths.... I am benefitting already.

Supposedly cancer is a fungus.... I believe it, because at the deths of my depression, freak out, that led me to starting this detox, my tounge was covered SOOOOO think (gross I know sorry) in a white paste that wouldnt go away wityh anything I tried... with the baking soda, the pastey is a fading away finally.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

Yes, I noticed this in the past as well, and this dream just kind of spelled it out for me finally it seemed.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My guess is that baking soda is an alkaloid like most drugs such as barbituates and heroine but lsd and othera are an acid and can probably bring the body's ph level down gradually to where it is supposed to be. That is my "guess" as to the reason they give for baking soda.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
My guess is that baking soda is an alkaloid like most drugs such as barbituates and heroine but lsd and othera are an acid and can probably bring the body's ph level down gradually to where it is supposed to be. That is my "guess" as to the reason they give for baking soda.

exaclty, brings the body to an alkaline state where disease cant thrive.

I am not detoxing drugs, just detoxing stress, anxiety, and whatever this yeast/fungus is..
edit on 21-3-2011 by mellisamouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think the lucid dreams and sleep paralysis also have to do with this..
www.consciousx.blogspot.com...
edit on 21-3-2011 by mellisamouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That would make sense then. And for sure an adjustment of chemicals in the brain could have influenced the nature and outcome of your dream-state.

Like in the old days when Mom's used to day.."Dont eat that now! It'll give you nightmares!" The chemical in what we eat and in the drugs we take do that.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Like in the old days when Mom's used to day.."Dont eat that now! It'll give you nightmares!" The chemical in what we eat and in the drugs we take do that.

That definatly makes sense! I rember cheeze or pizza being a biggy for nightmares.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Bicarbonate soda once a day or 2 is very good for you, it's a great flush and well needed in today's toxic diets. Good advice for people, I do it myself.

As far as sleep paralysis, how does one explain this paralysis that is followed by a pressure and heavy breathing in one's ears by what seems to be an entity? This is a real phenomenon that mirrors sleep paralysis but is sometimes perceived as a demonic manipulation when conscious. I think these are 2 seperate occurrences that are being clumped into one diagnosis.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Im not sure you mentioned what and why you were de-toxifying from and because of...but, overall, it is a good thing.

Once in medical school, we were told the average deceased person (cadavar) at death has over 5 pounds of UN-DIGESTED meat lining their intestines. Thats just and example.

The bodys chemistry will play havoc on all the systems of homeostatis(bodys ability to maintain itself)..and will take awhile to adjust.

All that being said...maybe that warm milk at bedtime WILL bring on happy dreams!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It always happens when I had a few drinks to much, even a day or two later. Then I have to roll slowly in my bed to get the muscles of my arms and legs working, or wait for a while. It's a very annoying feeling

Other factors that make sleep paralysis more likely to occur include drift­­­ing off while lying on the back, feeling stressed or experiencing a disruption in normal sleep patterns, such as from shift work, jet lag, caffeine or alcohol.

Full article...
www.scientificamerican.com... leep-paralysis

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Morrel

That has happened too before... not as terrifying at all, but was still creepy. I would have an arm so dead and numb, that I touched and wondered who's arm it was.... then I realized it was MINE, and freakked and wiggled it around with the "alive' arm, until the pins and needles set in and it came "back"...lol

top topics

join