It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Touchdown: B-2 stealth jets return after epic 11,500 mile journey to bomb Libyan aircraft shelters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The B-2 is a great plane. I don't know why we are bombing anyone or anything there. I thought we were supposed to be there to ensure a no flight zone? The UN can not usurp the US Constitution. It is basically an act of war by the attacking nations as we enter their civil war.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Yeah I get all choked up and warm and fuzzy about our 'brave' 'heroes' who from thousands of feet in the air, using satelites to guide their bombs after travelling 10,000 miles from where they actually live, to bomb, destroy, murder and injure, men women and children who have never done a thing to hurt any of us.

Yep you can't get much more noble than that, blindly obeying orders, riding a mountain of sophisticated computer equipment, to unleash death and destruction on a target you can't even personally see, or know what is or who or what is in it.

But hey why worry because we all know that they knew right where those weapons of mass destruction where in Iraq and not one civilian has been killed in Afghanistan by our troops to date.

All thanks to our heroes, and their epic struggles to eliminate people until there is nothing left but ZERO.

Yeah military industrial complex!

yeah right....those poor libyan soldiers killing all those libyan civilians with massive tank and artillery fire, along with strafing jet and helecopter fire, that was raining down on cities, towns, and villages. they were doing so well, at killing there own people, when the UN coalition came and stopped them. yeah, what a shame that the outside world stopped that, right?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by TinfoilTP

edit on 21/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

But they aren't great works of art, they are nothing but killing machines, instruments of destruction, and a testiment to the dark warlike barbaric nature of man to dominate others through violence and brute force, not through love or wisdom.
They are work of art for Aeronautical Engineer. How you chose to use is not the engineer's job. Unless you design and breed robots using genetic engineering, the human nature which is nothing more than tamed instincts will never be conquered. War or Violence has always been part of Nature too.

Impressive would be words that would cause friend and foe alike to abandon such murderous rancor and disdain and to come together in balance and harmony on a mutually agreeable solution.
Again there will never be a complete agreement since we are Individuals. Genetically we are different and unique with finger prints and DNA sequence. Balance and Harmony only works if every country had enough resources to sustain its population without much poverty (This is a big topic however as it calls for much discussion).

This world has known nothing but war and violence in the recorded history of it's organized states and nations, and to date the only thing it has created is a greater effeciency in killing and war on the part of those who insist it serves as some virtue and reasonable way to peace and prosperity.

What does that indicate? Clearly violence is a byproduct of our civilization and its advancement which will probably never stop (unless you genetically modify the human genome and breed robots). Which organized states and nations are you referring to? There are several be it East or West.

While I do respect your viewpoint about life in general, love and peace, I feel that credit should be given where its due to the Equipment and its Designer (B2). A 747 can be used for peaceful purposes to transport people back and forth. A 747 can also be modified and used for shooting airborne laser beam at targets and cause destruction. Machines are nothing more than extension of our creativity and imagination. They can be used for both peaceful and violent purposes. It is the decision makers that should be criticized (politicians). Not the pilot or the designer of the equipment. Just my 2 cents.

edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

These awesome planes along with cruise missiles made it possible to punch through air defenses and destroy Kaddafis forces on the eve of his planned genocide. The evidence is clear, these machines were used to save untold lives. Kaddafi was bringing a bloodbath, instead these brought dancing in the streets. Art has influence on the human spirit, these are indeed works of art.

Works of art are made to advance civilization, not bomb it into oblivion. Weapons are not art, unless you are a sadist.

TNT is also a work of art. It certainly is/was used to advance civilization. Would you consider that as a Weapon? Just because Engineers used/use it to blast the mountains to make roads, bridges and tunnels does not make them sadists now does it ? My point is that many objects can be used as a weapon including a kitchen knife. Its the attitude of the user that matters. However a knife is a great tool which has contributed to the advancement of civilization as it helped humans be able to cut through the meat and vegetables to be abel to cook and sustain their bodies. How can you not praise the inventor of knife?

Likewise with the invention of Nuclear Reaction. Several countries use it around the world to provide electricity which the modern civilization is accustomed to. It can be used for peaceful and destructive purposes. It is the decision of the ruling party or ruler (in libya's case) to decide the usage of it.

My point is that B-2 Stealth Airplanes are great work of art from an engineering perspective.
edit on 22-3-2011 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisSatanic
reply to post by orangetom1999

more millineriaism nonsense which has infected american protestants . Millineriaism is a heresy and true christians understand that .\

as for today's jews and christians they are from ishmael, its muslim palestinians who are semites and from Isaac .

so take your luciferian BS and spew it elsewhere

I dont believe in Millinerialism. Have no use for it. You are going to need some practice. I can understand that as you appear to be an Ishmaelite. I am however aware of the Occult templates going on around us.

Many of the Christians out here are dumb as a box of rocks about any and everything..including Christianity..but not all of them. I have no particular fondness for todays Hebrews as well. For they too are of Ishmael...as are the Muslims.

There is nothing holy about the holy land...nothing at all. Not worth fighting over.

You are going to need some practice. I dont travel to the East, Up Seven Steps...but I know what it means.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
The B-2 is a great plane. I don't know why we are bombing anyone or anything there. I thought we were supposed to be there to ensure a no flight zone? The UN can not usurp the US Constitution. It is basically an act of war by the attacking nations as we enter their civil war.

The B-2s need to head back and bomb here:

Google Earth 31deg -26'48.20" N / 12deg -55'12.14 E
edit on 22-3-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

what are those aa guns or something? i cant figure out how to view it? any tips?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

They look like missile silos to me.
Don't you have Google Earth installed?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

not yet installing it now.....what kind of silos....not icbms right?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Yeah I get all choked up and warm and fuzzy about our 'brave' 'heroes' who from thousands of feet in the air, using satelites to guide their bombs after travelling 10,000 miles from where they actually live, to bomb, destroy, murder and injure, men women and children who have never done a thing to hurt any of us.

Yep you can't get much more noble than that, blindly obeying orders, riding a mountain of sophisticated computer equipment, to unleash death and destruction on a target you can't even personally see, or know what is or who or what is in it.

But hey why worry because we all know that they knew right where those weapons of mass destruction where in Iraq and not one civilian has been killed in Afghanistan by our troops to date.

All thanks to our heroes, and their epic struggles to eliminate people until there is nothing left but ZERO.

Yeah military industrial complex!

yeah right....those poor libyan soldiers killing all those libyan civilians with massive tank and artillery fire, along with strafing jet and helecopter fire, that was raining down on cities, towns, and villages. they were doing so well, at killing there own people, when the UN coalition came and stopped them. yeah, what a shame that the outside world stopped that, right?

What arrogance.

This is the same BS that was used to justify the US invasion of Iraq, AFTER the fact. It was the same excuse to intensify Iraq operations during their following civil war (which was not only started, but incited by Americans).

It is a damn shame that the US claims it is the world's police and morons follow their whim. Yes, they have coalition members on the side but this is all the US's game.

I wonder what you will think when the US erupts in a violent civil war, when the power cuts out and the poverty stricken US population becomes disengaged with distractions like TV and the rise up on the streets. The rich will bunker down in mansions while the pentagon reigns in with bombs and riot suppression. How many Americans will be crying for outside help then? How many will criticize it when it comes and the situation intensifies, creating a power vacuum where the US government forces are bombed and every man in the street fights against each other for power and ideals?

Getting involved like this in another nation's civil war has nothing to do with the people there.

Do you understand what peacekeeping is? It is the UN solution to brokering ceasefires in the midst of a civil war. Peacekeepers can only be deployed if the people affected call on them for help. Peacekeepers have been a very effective force in terms of brokering ceasefires, observing war crimes, and implementing peace.

However, what has happened is that the US claims the Libyans asked for assistance in removing a leader that they do not like. In my opinion, the reason why the rebels didn't go to the UN to ask for peacekeepers is because the rebel force, like in most pro-West rebel forces, are manipulated by the CIA and this was all an American-led operation from the start.

So what are the serious problems here? If the rebels were really claiming genocide in an unfair situation, they would have begged the UN for peacekeepers and it would have stopped the conflict because Gaddaffi is not as stupid as some media-followers like to believe.

The second problem is that the UN allowed the US to go ahead with its mission. If the UN was the neutral organization that it was built to be, then this would never have happened. Basically the UN and its decisions are now controlled by the US, and even as evidenced by Wikileaks, the US spies on diplomats at the UN in order to manipulate their decisions.

The reality seems to be that of the five security council seats, the US, UK, and France are allied together. Russia and China don't seem to have much faith in the UN anymore, and really only use it for negotiating geopolitical objectives rather than caring about the people of the world.

The UN is now useless, and the US is running around rampantly with empirical ambitions. My eyes are on Russia and China. While the US spends an insane amount of money on its war machine, mostly in order to maintain its empire on a global level (13+ carrier battle groups, 20+ B2 fleet, 702+ international bases, intel ops, etc), Russia and China are both building up.

When the US hits the wall, Russia and China will strike through economic and political means. The US knows this, hence why they are trying desperately to acquire as much resources and territorial gains as possible because money is what the US runs on, and without money to pay its soldiers, its system collapses.

Personally, I know that the only people who have faith in the American empire are its puppetmaster leadership, and its uneducated and undisciplined population. Anyone with any real geopolitical experience and training knows that the US is nothing but a large warship that you can either jump on for safety, or resist and get blown up.

To take down the US empire, only one thing is necessary: KNOWLEDGE. The apple, if you will. All is needed to be done, is educate the people of the world on what is and what needs to be done. The situation now in Libya is a situation in a line of situations, and now the image is clearer to understand of the US's ambitions. In truth, just like Rome, the US will lead to its own destruction through the destruction of others. When the poor and numerous of the world understand and bring the US empire to its knees, Russia and China will draw their swords and strike it down.

At least, this is what I foresee. End rant.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Wow, your passion is the destruction of the US, agenda much??

You cannot stand that America has the awesome hardware like the B2's to force the will of the UN on the battlefield.

No wonder you cannot comprehend what battalions of 155mm mobile Howitzers can do vs guys many kilometers away only armed with AK 47's in a city with hundreds of thousands of women children and old people.
Your blind hatred for america will never let you see what Kaddafi was about to do and in fact had already begun to do. Those Howitzers can lob shells all day as fast as you can truck shells in to their crews. They are intended to kill civillians when aimed at a populated city that way.
You are in denial of Kaddafi's shout to the world of no mercy as his forces set up those howitzers and other armor outside of Benghazi.
You come along and cry foul when the west destroyed his capability to accomplish his threat.

What kind of sick twisted demented american hater does it take to wish those artillery pieces were left in place to satisfy his lust for not seeing American involvement?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

similiarly you are an ishmaelite ,not isaac , in today's world with exception of palestinians ,all others are ishmaelites, even the jews .

and your beliefs are influenced by millineriaism ,which is heresy .

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Passion? No, but I'm sure that any negative views of America to you must seem to be wrong or hateful.

Try studying empires, especially Lenin's theory for revolution; it is exactly what happened in imperialist Russia, though that was when society was still divided by national boundaries. Now, imperialism has turned over the world through American-born globalism.

Do you not see the oppressors and the revolutionaries? They are all there, you just have to open your eyes.

I'm sure that if you are an American patriot it would be hard to accept the truth that the US is now a fascist empire bent on global assimilation or destruction.

I don't understand how you think US intervention and bombing is acceptable anywhere, let alone in Libya. It is this disturbing bloodlust that will turn the whole world against you. If humans care about the world, then these US tactics need to be stopped. Do you think we will allow this to continue forever?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Amazingly my friend even as we (living in America) have been for a decade now fed nothing but fear and distrust of one another to the point that people are afraid to even get on an airplane without viewing each other with fear and suspicion, being x-rayed, groped and bombarded with radiation, the programing is so good the average American actually thinks that 'terrorists' are just jealous of our freedoms.

One of the things that really speaks to true freedom is the ability to travel freely and trying traveling freely when you are placed on a 'no fly' list.

No where in most of these people's minds does the much more realistic thought occur that people the world over are angry at us for our murderous gun boat diplomacy, our constant edicts and decrees through puppet organizations like the UN and NATO, and that they really don't want Haliburton rebuilding their nations after we bomb their infrastructures to rubble and kill tens of thousands of civilians in the process.

They aren't grateful for that, and I can't imagine why anyone would imagine the nations and people we are targeting would be grateful for such an arbitrary violent process that kills so many innocent people and robs them of their own sovereignty and ability to set a course for their own nations and lifestyles.

It's all ego it would seem, people here desperately wanting to believe that they are the best of the best, simply because they are told over and over again how great we have it here and how bad they have it there.

It's always the same story, people who don't have it great here have no one to blame but themselves. People who don't have it great there, it's because of their government, and they will be so much better off when we change it.

We are the new Nazis a highly militarized, heavily indoctrinated group of war mongerers, waging war for resources under the thin guise of patriotism and religious crusades.

Ultimately the American people will pay a terrible price for being so asleep at the wheel, indiferent and accepting of these horrible policies, acts, and wars carried out in our name.

I can't wait to see what some of these so called Patriots have to say then.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

not yet installing it now.....what kind of silos....not icbms right?

I think Qaddafi has a BFF named Putin who gave him some short range missiles that could
reach Israel. Do you see those U shaped braces next to the silos?
It's a VERY reliable design. Explosives just blast the cover plate to side and it crashes into
that U brace. Then you just launch the missile. There appear to be 49 of them.
I'm guessing they are full of mustard gas.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by jimmyx

What arrogance.

The topic is about the technology (B2) and not about international politics/policies and UN. You really seem to be upset with something and your comments seems more to do with a Technological Inferiority Complex

Why are you drifting into the COLDWAR mentality?

edit on 23-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisSatanic

similiarly you are an ishmaelite ,not isaac , in today's world with exception of palestinians ,all others are ishmaelites, even the jews .

and your beliefs are influenced by millineriaism ,which is heresy .

. I do not believe in millennialism. However, I am not of the bondwoman and her son. I am not of the Jerusalem which now is and is in bondage with her children. This does indeed apply to the Hebrews under the Olde Testament. As I stated previously ..nothing holy about Jerusalem..nor any earthly city. God's people are found wherever He chooses them. Not among only one people. This is clear by His Word. Anything else is Ishmael.

The point you are making about the Palestinians is the same pattern or template that the Hebrews try to get peoples to believe. It is contrary to His Word. This is of another god and another word. It is a counterfeit...Occult.

Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I don't understand how you think US intervention and bombing is acceptable anywhere, let alone in Libya. It is this disturbing bloodlust that will turn the whole world against you. If humans care about the world, then these US tactics need to be stopped. Do you think we will allow this to continue forever?

I think you meant UN/United Nation intervention and bombing..did you not?? Your slip seems to be showing here.

TinfoilTP,

You cannot stand that America has the awesome hardware like the B2's to force the will of the UN on the battlefield.

Don't get all excited over technological wizardry. It requires good leadership to make it useful. America has not had good leadership since the early 1960s. Our political and now economic will has been sabotaged and hijacked by outside forces. We now fight outside wars for someone not seen or known.
We know this because the Victors are supposed to get the spoils and we never bring back any spoils or new territories. This knowledge alone makes posts like those of Dimitri Dzengalshlevi look ridiculous.

The victors are supposed to get the spoils..otherwise you have lost the war or are fighting a war for someone who does not want to be known or seen.

This war like, other wars for the UN, will go south as well and become prolonged, tiring, and expensive.

The UN is a front for those who do not want to be seen or known. The UN needs to be kicked out of the USA. Many Americans do not want the excesses of the UN to be here in this country nor the excesses of the various Ambassadors and there diplomatically immune staff.

Thanks,
Orangetom

edit on 23-3-2011 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Technology is only part of this story, hero worship is another part of the story as evidenced by the actual content of the story itself.

That opens up the topic or at least it would in a court of law as to what constitutes a hero.

The story is also about not just the endurance of a machine, but the endurance of the people operating them.

WE ALL OPERATE THESE MACHINES THROUGH A TAX AND SPEND AND DECREE POLITICAL PROCESS WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE TOO.

So it's also about all of our own individual willingness to 'endure' operating these machines and justifying them.

Sure you might worship technology but the tech is just a tool, a tool of policy, a tool of people.

That doesn't mean you have to be a tool too friend.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What's a Bomber doing dropping ordinance over Libya to enforce a UN No-Fly Zone?

How's Obama bombing a country without War being declared?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Absurd.
I personally think it is time to just end all this. Now.
Either just get out of this quagmire and bring the troops home, or end it in a mushroom field.
There is no middle ground here.
I read more often than I like about how innocent civilians are hurt and or killed with current military strategy. It hurts me deeply to read/hear/see this. These atrocities will only compound as this action many call a 'war' is acted out. There is no end to this. Impossible to gain peace there. Yes. Impossible.
Only two choices are the ones I've said in first thirty two words of my post.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join