It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Touchdown: B-2 stealth jets return after epic 11,500 mile journey to bomb Libyan aircraft shelters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Jepic

No problem. I am not saying we "should" do it, and I wish we would bring 99% of our military back home, but I can say without a doubt that the EU would be a cakewalk. Our 3 biggest allies in the EU.....GB, France, and Germany, don't have any of the stealth we have, they don't have any of the combat experience we have, and they wouldn't last a week in an all out war. Love you guys, hope it never comes to that, but let's not pretend it would be any type of military challenge.

i should point out that Europeans are more experienced in conspiracy

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

But they aren't great works of art, they are nothing but killing machines, instruments of destruction, and a testiment to the dark warlike barbaric nature of man to dominate others through violence and brute force, not through love or wisdom.

Impressive would be words that would cause friend and foe alike to abandon such murderous rancor and disdain and to come together in balance and harmony on a mutually agreeable solution.

Artistic would be the creation of peace and prosperity and an abundunce that would leave no person threatened or without or in need to employ violence as a means to survive or gain.

These weapons don't do that, and we haven't achieved that within our own nation yet alone the nation's we violently occupy through some morally bankrupt belief that there is some virtue or success on this path.

This world has known nothing but war and violence in the recorded history of it's organized states and nations, and to date the only thing it has created is a greater effeciency in killing and war on the part of those who insist it serves as some virtue and reasonable way to peace and prosperity.

Clearly it doesn't and clearly only a fool with little regard for life and freedom would think it does.

edit on 21/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

These awesome planes along with cruise missiles made it possible to punch through air defenses and destroy Kaddafis forces on the eve of his planned genocide. The evidence is clear, these machines were used to save untold lives. Kaddafi was bringing a bloodbath, instead these brought dancing in the streets. Art has influence on the human spirit, these are indeed works of art.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Gentle Reminder:

Here is the topic:

Touchdown: B-2 stealth jets return after epic 11,500 mile journey to bomb Libyan aircraft shelters,

Please discuss it and not other members.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

These awesome planes along with cruise missiles made it possible to punch through air defenses and destroy Kaddafis forces on the eve of his planned genocide. The evidence is clear, these machines were used to save untold lives. Kaddafi was bringing a bloodbath, instead these brought dancing in the streets. Art has influence on the human spirit, these are indeed works of art.

Works of art are made to advance civilization, not bomb it into oblivion. Weapons are not art, unless you are a sadist.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It's all one great oily machine until you add in the human factor. What's to keep a rouge servicemen or even a covert agent from bombing that Chinese ship in the Med? That certainly would add to the excitement. War knows no rules and gets much less cool when your not the only one pushing the buttons anymore.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Works of art are made to advance civilization, not bomb it into oblivion. Weapons are not art, unless you are a sadist.

The simple pen or the brush stroke can be used to ruin civilization. The way in which the works are used define the nature of the art. In the wrong hands anything can be characterized as evil. I see you failed to comment on the use here, the kindling of human spirit to celebrate life. This is what good art is always characterized for.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by anon72
Look at the cost figures alone 2.1 BILLION dollars for the mission. Who in the Hell is paying that one!!!!!?

Actually, $2.1-billion is the cost of the B-2, not the cost of the mission.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

you're right lets try to estimate the cost of the mission: 42 jdam bombs dropped. we'll assume because it was such a long mission they used the good stuff. 42 gbu-31 jdam bombs approx $70,000 each
42 x $70,000 = $2,940,000.

a b-2 bomber has a range of 6,000 miles before they have to refuel. it was an 11,000 mile round trip.
so each had to refuel once to make it back.

the fuel capacity of a b-2 is 167,000 pound of jet fuel. military jet fuel and aviation jet fuel is almost identical. this being the military they probably pay 5x more.

jet fuel sell for around $7.00 a gallon. a gallon of jet fuel weighs roughly 6.7 pounds.

167,000 pnds of jet fuel is equal to 24,925 gallons. 24,925 gallons at $7 a gallon is $174,477

so the 3 bombers had 3($174,477) or $523,432 of fuel they burned to get there and $523,432 they burned to get back. the total cost of fuel for the trip was $1,046, 865.

so not including the pilots pay or the cost of the refueling the total cost of the mission alone was $2,940,000 + $1,046,865 = $3,986,865.

edit on 21-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The simple pen or the brush stroke can be used to ruin civilization. The way in which the works are used define the nature of the art. In the wrong hands anything can be characterized as evil. I see you failed to comment on the use here, the kindling of human spirit to celebrate life. This is what good art is always characterized for.

"the kindling of human spirit to celebrate life"? Sick.

It was used to bomb Libyan military command structures, a direct act of terrorism on the Libyan government in order to incite more civil war. It had nothing to do with the implementation of a no fly zone.

You must be on crack to think this is art, or especially to believe that Libyans are on the streets celebrating the bombing of their country.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Brings a tear to my eye, this is what us americans have to be proud of! god i love my country
, Which is no longer america got the hell out of there.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

"the kindling of human spirit to celebrate life"? Sick.

It was used to bomb Libyan military command structures, a direct act of terrorism on the Libyan government in order to incite more civil war. It had nothing to do with the implementation of a no fly zone.

You must be on crack to think this is art, or especially to believe that Libyans are on the streets celebrating the bombing of their country.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

Oh please with the dramatics, "direct act of terrorism"? No it was a direct act of the UN security council.
These guys loved it, the ones that didn't get slaughtered because of it. Witness their kindled human spirit. Not much else to say, life imitates art maybe?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

The evidence is clear, these machines were used to save untold lives. Kaddafi was bringing a bloodbath, instead these brought dancing in the streets. Art has influence on the human spirit, these are indeed works of art.
Exactly. And let's not forget this is a humanitarian war. Our bombing, shelling, strafing, and shooting can be seen as expressions of love for our fellow man. I am glad I am not the only one here who realizes that. And I am sick and tired of all these ungrateful, whining Iraqis, Afghanis, and now Libyans who are too ignorant to appreciate our gifts to their countries.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisSatanic
amazing isn't that how you americans can yourself friends of humanity and do acts that Luciferians drool for ?

amazing , how the world is being led to hell

Amazing isn't it that the world has been conditioned to hate America because of your jealousy. Amazing that the internet shows Americans how rotten and horrible other people are. It would truly be Amazing if people who hate America so much found something better to do.

You do realize that there is a high probability that Americans are being conditioned into become good little soldiers to burn the world into ash and your helping the conditioning along? Honestly, I am not a violent person. But after dealing with anti-Americanism from EU and other trash, the thought of waging war against those nations is very tempting. Emotional based conditioning is a loathsome thing because somewhere along the way you just say &^%* it, and stop fighting the conditioning.

Or maybe that is your goal all along? Who knows? You know in many foreign(countries other than America) countries more people have access to the internet then toilets? Really makes one wonder what yous people use to wipe yourselves.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I am curious . . . So, whether they get the ammo from the coalition or from domestic reserves . . . would it not make the utmost sense to not fire precious ammunition into the air for the SIMPLE result of a good photo op? Why do they do this, I do not understand? They plead and ask for help with weapons yet they shoot the air, do they think that this makes them more credible in some way??? I DO-NOT get their reasoning in these areas of the world. Goose-step-marches, fire the AK into the air and radically proclaim your superiority . . . yet run at the first hint of challenge? Save your damned bullets . . . use them wisely, and quit being stupid . . . pass it on! Looking tough is not the same as being tough, being victorious, of facing oppression and surpassing it!

I just wanted to add that I did not want to make a separate thread for my rant and found this to be the closest approach for voicing my opinion about the waste of resources at the time of my interest in such matters.
edit on 22-3-2011 by nonnez because: Recant

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

No, I'll tell YOU what. Spend your life 36 years until you meet the woman of your dreams. Fall in love. Have a child. Worry about that child. Raise her. Watch her go to school. Then watch her broken, bloody body lay in your wrecked home after an american bomb was dropped nearby to protect you while you were out trying to find a way to bring food home.

Flight school? I'm speechless.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

good I want more people of your mentality in USA .Makes it easier to expose the true face of your nation and the puppet master of your nation.

sooner or later , the world will rally around Rossiya for defense , and then if archangel Michael commands Rossiya , you will be purified in flames of nuclear flames on earth and in the flames of hell for your decadent and evil souls . this is what awaits you ,worshippers of Lucifer and Mammon

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisSatanic
reply to post by korathin

good I want more people of your mentality in USA .Makes it easier to expose the true face of your nation and the puppet master of your nation.

sooner or later , the world will rally around Rossiya for defense , and then if archangel Michael commands Rossiya , you will be purified in flames of nuclear flames on earth and in the flames of hell for your decadent and evil souls . this is what awaits you ,worshippers of Lucifer and Mammon

From page 1 of this thread..

amazing isn't that how you americans can yourself friends of humanity and do acts that Luciferians drool for ?

amazing , how the world is being led to hell

I am not an Ishmaelite..after the bondwoman and her son. I am after Issac...of the freewoman.
Rossiya, like many nations, is also after the bondwoman and her son..Ishmael.
These wars and conflicts often pit one Ishmaelite nation after another Ishmaelite nation.
You should think this through much better if you know so much Scripture.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
They're "spirit" bombers
B-2 "they don't kill anyone!
Just spirits.
2000 pounder spirit killing bombs.
No people were hurt.
jeez

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

more millineriaism nonsense which has infected american protestants . Millineriaism is a heresy and true christians understand that .\

as for today's jews and christians they are from ishmael, its muslim palestinians who are semites and from Isaac .

so take your luciferian BS and spew it elsewhere

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join