It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix may be reality

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It'd be nice if the matrix were real, however (pushing aside we�re in a computer generated world) this still could be true, I mean take for example, this world we see, smell and hear with our senses could be a 'smoke screen' to shield the real world, that is heaven, only when we die, do we actually see this place.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Even if our mere existence was fiction, would it really matter? Obviously that was just a question that implies an answer of no, since no one would care. Even if there were those that do care, the bottom line is that life would still go on..

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My Spin:
If this is a matrix, the only real thing is thought. Also, we can change the matrix if we believe in the result enough, which brings us to the basis of God. If we were to believe in God enough, the matrix makes it real.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Didn't Descartes state:"I think therefore I am" Thats the only thing we can count on in this world is our own minds anyways. I doubt that we are in it though because why would the deciever allow us to think these thoughts, why not edit what we can or cannot think to protect themself.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Another Thought:

Maybe there are an infinite amount of Matricies all within each other, and on the outside is the real world. Maybe we will make our own Matrix, and the people there will eventually make theirs, and so on.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wait how could people in a matrix plug other people into their matrix, would that be possible its sounds like its breaking some rule or something.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I really think we live in a "matrix" that is an holographic world of the 3Dimensional

The earth is 3d but there is so much that we cannot see that it's there and that is why we are skeptic of everything and that we need science to prove everythnig but science is just not always the answer for everything

As for our lives, we live in a society without ever wondering why and what's the point of it, just like in the movie

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well the point of society in the movie was to simulate our "old" life. Trying to keep everyone in line, as for our real life and the point of it all... who knows who cares really enjoy your life no matter how small or lame it is because at least you exist even if your a battery

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There you go IMMORTAL - I Agree!

The Internet is the Matrix. DATA Encapsulates everything! We Obviously live in a MultiDimentional Universe. All "Reality" is Perceived! Senses are Processed by a Brain & Rendered as "Reality". But then there is the Space/Time Effect. So "Reality" is Impermanent & Constantly Changing! "Reality" is Inherently Empty in Nature (Thank You Buddha
)! For every Sentient Being in the Universe there exists a Separate Reality! Sometimes our Paths Cross However!

Getting back to my Original Thought - in the beginning we must have Perceived all of this RAW DATA as CHAOS - so we Created TECHNOLOGY as sort of a "Reality Abstraction Later" (Thank You Windows
). So now we have Clocks & Computers & Money. We have Cars & Planes & Boats -> you see "Space/Time" Travel has become Simple. The Ironic part as in our more Primal & Savage Days we were Closer to the
"Universal Force". Now that we are mired in all of this MATERIAL - we have lost this Connection! We are now Zombies - Human Robots Roaming the Matrix - doing our "Jobs". We scoff at were we came from. We Think that we are "Oh so Modern & Advanced". But are we really all that Advanced?

"Our Technology has Exceeded our Humanity"
-Albert Einstein

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Reality is a definition. If the known reality would be proved to be wrong, it would not change that definition. It would just change what that definition would apply to.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Nah if anything were to be the Matrix it would be MMORPG's like EVERQUEST or EQ2, DIAOC, WOW theres only a million of them and people basically waste their life in them.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join